Mercury Rev recent gigs and setlist

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

RoboHobo
Known user

Mercury Rev recent gigs and setlist

Post by RoboHobo »

Hello all

Through cancellations of things I now have a last minute chance to see Mercury Rev in Oxford tonight. Lucky me eh!

So, has anyone been to the recent gigs? Have they been any good?

Also, can anyone who went remember the set list?. I will probably need to convince my wife to come with me and she really loved Deserters Songs. I want to hear Empire State and Something for Joey in all their freak out glory (I know that there's not much chance of this happening)

Cheers
Mark
Greeny
Known user

Re: Mercury Rev recent gigs and setlist

Post by Greeny »

I saw them at Shepherd's Bush last night - quite simply it was astonishing.

I'm not ashamed to admit we were a bit high, but that just made the combination of sound (it was bloody loud!), lights and visuals work soooo well. It was the very definition of Ecstasy Music.

As for setlist, obviously a fair bit off the new album, but a few favourites such as Holes and Goddess on a Highway, and a truly amazing version of Talking Heads' Once in a Lifetime (yes, really!).

Ranking gigs, especially on the morning after, is a notoriously thankless process, but I cannot imagine this will be far from the top when I'm in my dotage and thinking back to the Good Times.

Now I'm off to search the likes of Dimeadozen for some bootlegs off this tour....
RoboHobo
Known user

Post by RoboHobo »

Ahh, thanks for the reply. Glad you enjoyed it. It looks like my evening has been decided!!!
Vindaloo
Known user

Post by Vindaloo »

I had no idea Mercury Rev were touring :(

One band i have been meaning to see for some time

bugger!