show coming up.

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

show coming up.

Post by ORBITAL »

Anyone going to spectrum or stereolab in glasgow over the next few days.Or the black angels for that matter?
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Re: show coming up.

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

Was hoping to hit the blac angels but xmas costs have put paid to that.

Spectrum? Not with primal scream playing the same night, no guarantees with a spectrum show
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

It's baaad timing with Spectrum playing the same night as the Scream - tomorrow...

When are the Black Angels playing Orbie? Would be up for that, if I have any cash left after the Annual Worship of the Devalued Pound aka XMas... :D
O P 8
supershonn
Known user

Post by supershonn »

wha?

i'd rather go see spectrum than the scream at this point, especially seeing how good spectrum were when the opened for the valentines.

you still haven't come to your senses with "beautiful future" have you BZA????

lemme know how the show(s) go.

alright alright, i would rather see the scream, i mean really it's the FUCKING SCREAM TEAM! i could never pass them up. ever.
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Im going to Spectrum. Ive been to see primal scream 12-15 times. Although Ive never came away dissapointed and a couple of the shows have been right up there I want to give Spectrum another chance as the last glasgow gig wasnt very well recieved. I reckon this time with a full band set-up it will be much better.Plus I really like Stereo as a venue.
I think Black angels is about the 18th???? Thier last show in sleazys was great.

I know a man who has recently graced the same Sleazy stage. He's a pish dancer apparently. Finds it hard to stay upright.
MrSWarning
Known user

Post by MrSWarning »

Having gone to Sheffield last night (which was a real treat) I have to say you will be mad to miss seeing pete doing the full band thing.

If we did not already have something planned on Sunday we would be deffo heading to Manchester...

Roll on more Spectrum UK gigs 8)
norrin radd
Known user

Post by norrin radd »

so what was on the set list for spectrum then ?
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

Spectrum were fucking really good in Sheffield Started with a near 10 min version of Mary which was worth the money alone then Transparent Radiation into Set Me Free (which again excellent) then a real nasty (in the best possible way) When Tomorrow Hits into Revolution (which was a bit weak) but that was followed by War Sucks which was amazing the group bashing out a fuzzed up Bo Diddley/Little Doll riff and finally Suicide played about 1h. Twas the Drummers first show apart from a show in New Zealand 6 months ago so he was little rusty. Full tour come feb which will hopefully include a couple more songs once there rehearsed up. Got the chance to exchange a few words with Pete who seemed in good spirits despete a car crash before the gig.About 75-100 people there. The guitar player is real good (not in a Steve Vai way but he plays everything spot on) defo worth going to!
squoggy
Known user

Post by squoggy »

Am going Black Angels, Ruby Lounge Mcr...perfect venue for these guys..gonna be good
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Black angels are on tuesday night too :(
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

sonic124 wrote:Spectrum were fucking really good in Sheffield Started with a near 10 min version of Mary which was worth the money alone then Transparent Radiation into Set Me Free (which again excellent) then a real nasty (in the best possible way) When Tomorrow Hits into Revolution (which was a bit weak) but that was followed by War Sucks which was amazing the group bashing out a fuzzed up Bo Diddley/Little Doll riff and finally Suicide played about 1h.
Y'know, i love hearing these songs but does anyone else find it kinda depressing that Sonic relies so much on the Spacemen catalogue? He's got three Spectrum albums, plus one on the way(?), and a solo album so why doesn't he play more from them?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

I know whay you mean but as Sonic said during the gig "Damned if you do, Damned if you dont" during a response for new songs. Gotta say the old songs sounded fantastic didnt sound/feel like someone going through the motions and as a full band Spectrum have not played that many gigs in the last 10 years. Drummers first gig in 6 months (and only his 2nd or 3rd Spectrum gig) so im guessing easier to learn the classics.Mary sounded fantastic and i do hope a cover of War Sucks makes it onto the new Spectrum album as that was brain crushing. Hope the Glasgow and Manchester gigs were as good?? Each to there own but for me this was far better than the recent Spiritualized gig i witnessed maybe the reason was small intimate venue with a fuckin excellent pa (that Spectrum played) rather than Leeds academy with a sound system that (for me) turned anything loud into mush?
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

Ill try getting the whole gig up in the next few days 1st heres Mary
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CD5U0OUD
:D
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

norrin radd
Known user

Post by norrin radd »

nice one for those ! saw spectrum in manc last night, it was good, no, it was really good, bass was a bit too loud in parts but it made me move and was great to hear revolution live and loud, i totally get it about doing all the old songs, it does get a bit predictable and i would rather hear "sooth me" or "i know they say" than transparent radiation (again ) hell, i'd be happy with "call the doctor" ! (although he did play "how you satisfy me" and "set me free" which was a nice surprise) or yeah, even some new tunes ! If he did a mixed set of the spaced out mellow keyboard stuff (e.g let me down gently) and the fuzzed up guitar action, he'd be incredible and unstoppable, but, a good time had, like i say it made me move and smile and the intimate venue was great also, go check it, the old boy's still got it in him
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »