Guardian REview

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

jb
Known user

Guardian REview

Post by jb »

Guardian review of the RFH gig here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/reviews/ ... 75,00.html
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

Pisses me off that people dismiss Spiritualized as being passed it. The last 2 albums are totally frowned upon as well. I bet half these reviewers didn't listen to them more than once.

The press seem to be more enraptured theses days by musicians who don't bother to turn up to their own gigs, so let's leave them to it then, eh?
roger plywood
Known user

Post by roger plywood »

radioshack wrote:Pisses me off that people dismiss Spiritualized as being passed it. The last 2 albums are totally frowned upon as well. I bet half these reviewers didn't listen to them more than once.

The press seem to be more enraptured theses days by musicians who don't bother to turn up to their own gigs, so let's leave them to it then, eh?
i know what you mean. the british press seem to get a hard on whenever that twat out the libertines takes a shit, scores some smack or calls off sick.

i don't get it at all.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Aw come on Roger. He does hang out with the right people andat the right places though. Hes dead stylish too.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
roger plywood
Known user

Post by roger plywood »

orbital, i'm just jealous that dot allison and sadie frost never come to paisley.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Rodge. They dunno what theyre missin mate. More fool them
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
roger plywood
Known user

Post by roger plywood »

morrissey is playing the town hall in paisley soon, maybe he'll bring some of the luvvies up here.

i can't wait to see their faces. they'll think they've walked onto the set of planet of the apes. there's nothing here except kappa tracksuits, methadone and chinese students*

* just to clarify, this isn't a racist slur. it's just that paisley uni must have some sort of exchange scheme going on and as i live near the uni i see more chinese dudes than locals. which is definitely not a bad thing.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

The NME have officially stopped reporting on any other band other than the libertines.

News just in: Pete Doherty prefers Sainsburys own cheese slices to Dairylea!

Carl Barat however says he really likes Pete, but he did once punch him in the torso. "but it was a sort of play fight".

More as it comes in.....
lazer_guided
Known user

Post by lazer_guided »

The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

roger plywood wrote: there's nothing here except kappa tracksuits, methadone and chinese students*

* just to clarify, this isn't a racist slur. it's just that paisley uni must have some sort of exchange scheme going on and as i live near the uni i see more chinese dudes than locals. which is definitely not a bad thing.
Cocklers
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

I understand what you people are saying about the press coverage of the libertines but as someone who follows them religiously I can tell you that Pete is not the sort to hang out with Sadie Frost to get noticed. More accurately, he is surrounded by psycophants and crack buddies. The press has a lot to write about him because he is unfortunately selling his soul for drug money by getting relatively little to open up his fragile heart.

Carl on the other hand does hang out with the cool kids and gets relatively little press coverage.
mainline
New user

Post by mainline »

The thing about the Libertines is that they're just not that amazing, I really wanted them to be, which might be why I just think they're average, but it does seem to be a case of style (and hype) over any substance (other than crack).
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

radioshack wrote:Pisses me off that people dismiss Spiritualized as being passed it. The last 2 albums are totally frowned upon as well. I bet half these reviewers didn't listen to them more than once.
I always get the impression that the press think Ladies & Gentlemen was Spiritualized's first album.