Spectrum, Brighton, 28 February

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Ian
Known user

Spectrum, Brighton, 28 February

Post by Ian »

According to an email I've just received...

SAT 28th FEB '09
Doors : 7.30pm - 10.45pm
SPECTRUM (feat. SONIC BOOM) / Supports
The Freebutt, Phoenix Place, Brighton
Tickets £7 adv / £8 door Available from Rounder Records 01273 325440 / Resident 01273 606312 / Edgeworld (01273) 628262
Wegottickets http://www.wegottickets.com/event/41648

SPECTRUM is the seminal drone outfit formed by Pete "SONIC BOOM" Kember after his previous outfit, SPACEMAN 3, bit the acrimonious dust. Feted through-out experimental circles, Spectrum offers a slightly more accessible entrance into the world of space exploration than some of his later work, while retaining the heavily hypnotic, and often euphoric, Velvets vs Suicide axis of guitar-led repetition and futurist electronica. It's hallucinogenius !!

sonic-boom.info
http://www.myspace.com/spectrumofficialpage
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
SpacemanRob
Known user

Re: Spectrum, Brighton, 28 February

Post by SpacemanRob »

Made my day!!!!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

got my ticket! the durutti column are also playing Brighton a few days earlier so im gonna go down and make a little gigging holiday of it. :) cant wait
riseandreverberate
Known user

Post by riseandreverberate »

Looks like he's playing Leeds on Feb. 14th as well
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

riseandreverberate wrote:Looks like he's playing Leeds on Feb. 14th as well
Yup - at The Library in the Hyde Park area. The Insect Guide are supporting. Anyone else going? Rameses?

See here:
Spectrum Leeds tickets
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

London on 27th February at the Dome. That's the Boston Arms one in Tufnell Park, not the Millennium O2 one. It's part of a Sonic Cathedral night with the Pat Fish of The Jazz Butcher also on the bill.
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

Wooo-who. Day before my birthday and I'm being whisked away somewhere so would have missed the Brighton gig.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I have a spare ticket for the Spectrum gig in Brighton if anyone fancies it. Am off to San Francisco for 2 weeks on Monday so can't make it now. PM me if interested.

Ads...
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

got mine, usual suspects going

enjoy frisco gayboy
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

Frisco Gayboy are supporting. Cool!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I thought you were going to be swamped with homophobe remarks after your comment Mark but Ononist's reply made me laugh out loud. No takers for the spare ticket yet.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

Gay straight it's all the same to Jesus
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

forgot to post, was brilliant, really enjoyed it.
heyman
Known user

Post by heyman »

runcible wrote:
Yup - at The Library in the Hyde Park area. The Insect Guide are supporting. Anyone else going? Rameses?

See here:
Spectrum Leeds tickets
Went & was mint, he had his 3 new band members playin their 2nd gig so the set was a bit broken up cos Sonic kept goin over & giving instructions inbetwen songs, How you satisfy me, Mary, Suicide the highlights.

Insect Guide were nowt to shout about but Came across a mint new band on after them, The Lucid dream, real good psychedelic stuff, watch out for em!!

Had a chat wi Sonic at the end & grabbed his taty scribbled setlist!!

I got battered off the wife cos was on Valentines day & I left her at home lookin after the kids.....worth it tho!!!!
'I've had my fix, too much of it,
I'm losing track of time in 200 bars'
Noddy
Known user

Post by Noddy »

heyman wrote:
runcible wrote:

See here:
Spectrum Leeds tickets
across a mint new band on after them, The Lucid dream, real good psychedelic stuff, watch out for em!!

Had a chat wi Sonic at the end & grabbed his taty scribbled setlist!!

I got battered off the wife cos was on Valentines day & I left her at home lookin after the kids.....worth it tho!!!!
Alright mate, just came across this and your post on Ladies and Gents gig thread, thanks very much! I think you where maybe chatting to our guitarist? I loved that gig, got loads good feedback bar 3 critics on some Leeds forum but thats life, I think there is a review on its way soon. That Ladies and Gents gig is gonna be superb, funnily enough we had No God Only Religion on when driving to Wales recording last Friday and I was thinking I wish I had seen that live! I will keep updated on band stuff mate, we have an EP out September, filmed the video for it at the weekend, its strobe heavy! Also got some odd releases out along the way and national tours later in the year, we are back in Leeds on 4th May @ Oporto, playing with Free Peace (Edgar Jones from The Stairs' new band), its for the launch of a limited release the label are putting out in run up to the EP.
Ta again for the compliments, maybe see each other in October?
heyman
Known user

Post by heyman »

[/quote]

Alright mate, just came across this and your post on Ladies and Gents gig thread, thanks very much! I think you where maybe chatting to our guitarist? I loved that gig, got loads good feedback bar 3 critics on some Leeds forum but thats life, I think there is a review on its way soon. That Ladies and Gents gig is gonna be superb, funnily enough we had No God Only Religion on when driving to Wales recording last Friday and I was thinking I wish I had seen that live! I will keep updated on band stuff mate, we have an EP out September, filmed the video for it at the weekend, its strobe heavy! Also got some odd releases out along the way and national tours later in the year, we are back in Leeds on 4th May @ Oporto, playing with Free Peace (Edgar Jones from The Stairs' new band), its for the launch of a limited release the label are putting out in run up to the EP.
Ta again for the compliments, maybe see each other in October?[/quote]

That aint Gary by any chance is it? Think it was Gray I was talking to after about getting you a gig in York, off the see the Yards there tomorrow so will be seeing Tim the owner, he should be up for it. Any demo's you can send us to pass on to him? PM me or email TJ_Banks@hotmail.co.uk

HITS ME LIKE I'M STONED - What a fuckin tune, The Lucid Dream & The Detroit Social Club, fav up & comin bands.

If you ain't got a ticket for october I've gor a spare front stalls row A right in front of where J should be on the 12th & a spare on front row of the balcony on the 13th so I can film it!! Got no one to go wi yet so why the fuck not eh!

Photo from gig in leeds with Spectrum Check the gurn! Had to put te blurry one of you lot in cos it just fits!!

Noddy
Known user

Post by Noddy »

Quality pics mate, I am Mark (singer/guitar) it was probs Andy our bass player you where talking to. It was warm on that Library stage! The projections seem to have come across well.

Hits Me Like I'm Stoned - ta for the compliments! We recorded it for a Dandelion Radio session, its getting aired next month, and will be on one of the limited releases too. The title is 'adopted' from the old 'Let It Flow' versions that where floating around pre Pure Phase I think. It had that line in it, sorry Jason! Its around 12 half mins long which is a bit unconventional for radio!

That gig sounds quality, I will e-mail you over some demos, could you do me a favour mate and make sure any offers are directed to craig@deadyoungrecords.co.uk. Sorry for sounding like a tit or anything just he deals with everything. Ta!

That spare ticket sounds cool mate, will have a chat to see if anybody missed out. Got 6 of us going down at mo, we will def meet up though. We are down for 12th, its going to be amazing,
heyman
Known user

Post by heyman »

Cush mate, def up for a meet up & a few beers. Gonna have to calm it on 13th cos wanna film it. Filmed Acoustic Mainlines Leeds on DV but DV cam shagged, tryin to get converted to DVD so can upload, put a mate on it tonight, owns The White Rooms recording studio in York, if he can't then Rameses on here said would do. Wil send on a copy soon as

Will get on with the poss gig 2 moz, there's the Duchess & Fibbers & couple others so should be able to get you one.

Craig, that's him, he sorts out all your stuff, he wrote his numer on he back of a ticket stub, it's in my room somewhere, was supposed to get back to him!

Will see of I'm free for Leeds gig, or I'll make sure I'm free for Leeds gig!!

Yeh email me some demos & I'll pass em on to promo's, wil get you a gig, folk up here need to discover The Lucid Dream!
heyman
Known user

Post by heyman »

HaHaa!!! you lot are mint