Primal Scream US Dates!

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

toomilk
Known user

Primal Scream US Dates!

Post by toomilk »

From their forum:

"Mon, 03/16/09
07:00 PM CLUB NOKIALos Angeles, CA

Tue, 03/17/09
08:00 PM FillmoreSan Francisco, CA

Thu, 03/26/09
07:00 PM TrocaderoPhiladelphia, PA

Sat, 03/28/09
07:00 PM Webster HallNew York, NY

Tue, 03/24/09
09:00 PM The Phoenix Concert Theatre"

And it looks like they will also be playing SXSW.

Anyone going to the LA date? Support by the BJM!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09004 ... =clubnokia
Shinesalight
Known user

Re: Primal Scream US Dates!

Post by Shinesalight »

I saw that they were playing at the Fillmore when I was looking into gigs for my trip to San Fran. Unfortunately they're playing a week after I return to the UK. :(

However, I have got tickets for Neil Halstead and Lambchop at the Great American Music Hall and hopefully my friend is sorting out tickets for Stephen Malkmus/Kelly Stoltz and Deerhunter as part of the Noisepop festival so its not all bad. Would have loved to have seen a gig at the Fillmore though, but there's nothing of note on there during my 2 week stay.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Yeah, I'm thinking also going to the Neil Halstead show (seen him a couple of times) and his shows are brilliant. Primal Scream looks boring, not too much praise about the new album...
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

yup- i've got my tickets to the chicago show. brian jonestown massacre's playing less than a week later, too- and all less than 20 minutes away from where i live- quite the rarity.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

So, just got back from picking up my Scream tickets for the Scream Fillmore gig tomorrow night. Who else is going? Fancy hooking up before hand for a pre-gig drink? Also, I noticed that there is another support act other than BJM. Does anyone know who is on first?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Just saw them last night.

The first band was shit.

BJM sounded OK, but they seriously attract the dumbest people on the planet. This one lady was yelling louder than the band at one point about how great jack and cokes are. Ridiculous. However, Matt Hollywood and Joel were on stage with them, so some of Matt's songs were played which was very nice. All in all, there was a trade-off between sound and personal safety with this show. The last time they played, I thought, "Wow, they sound amazing!" -- but then 10 minutes between each song was used up for shouting matches between Anton and drunk, violent dumbasses in the crowd. I remember thinking, "Am I really going to die at a BJM concert? Man, this is going to suck..." This time around, the sound was not as good, but I didn't feel like someone was going to stab me with a broken pint glass....which is good.

Primal Scream was great. It seemed like it took them a while to hit their stride, but when they did, they blew me away. They even played a few songs I didn't expect them to (Higher than the Sun, Deep Hit of Morning Sun). I would advise you to bring sunglasses though. Call me a wimp, but every other song had the brightest strobe lights and lasers (!) flashing directly into the audience. I had the nastiest headache.

Is it bad that every time I looked at Bobby I thought of that "Bobby G Song" someone made on the forums? So hilarious! I couldn't get his reverb/delay -drenched "takindruhgstomakemusihktotakedruhgsto" and "I wus thare.....Sex Candulls" out of my head.
ThiefofFire
Known user

Post by ThiefofFire »

Good to meet you there toomilk

LA was a great, great show, and long overdue as I hadn't seen them since Coachella 2003. I managed to grab a front row spot and a setlist at the end... it was posted here by someone else, along with some pictures:

http://stereogum.com/archives/photo/pri ... 59041.html
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

Was at the LA show. The sound for BJM sucked ass. Though they played well and it was good to see Matt Hollywood with them again. Wanted to hang the sound guy for clearly not dialing in. Of course, for the Scream it was all even. Can't say I cared for their set. No "Vanishing Point", a lot of guitar hero antics. Last time I saw them was House of Blues when Kevin Shields was in tow...they ruled then....

The light show and lasers were cool though :mrgreen:
supershonn
Known user

Post by supershonn »

yep! i'm in the same boat as you porkie. i thought the show in LA was really lagging. no more kevin, no more throb. it just isn't the same any more. that new guitarist is a full blown twat, jesus i hope they get rid of him.

as for the show, only a few highlites, when they broke into "who do you love" and "higher than the sun" reached some great peaks, ohh as did "deep hit..." had no idea that was gonna be played live. really nice to hear it.

missed 80% of BJM, but it was GREAT to see both joel and matt back in the band. ohh and was it just me or was Anton's voice just horrible????

ohhh yeaaaaaaah, the strobe lights, well a bad batch of magic mushrooms made those the hilite of the nite for me!

here's to missing you Bo!

me.