09'

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

spazed99
Known user

09'

Post by spazed99 »

It would be of benefit to anyone interested in attending a unique performance to be registered on the mailing list before next Monday, March 16th, when an announcement will be made.
Greeny
Known user

Re: 09'

Post by Greeny »

Another Spiritualized Special in the offing!

How excited am I about this, on a scale of 1 to 10?

sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

i've read thisbit of text now about 50 times trying to look for some kind of clue to what it might be but i don't think there is one? Aside from the 'unique performance' bit. I hope its some tiny, tiny kind of gig they are going to film or something.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Ooh, exciting! My guess is a "Don't Look Back" gig. All of LGM, PP or LAGWAFIS played in order, anyone? :D
tarzan_undies
Known user

Post by tarzan_undies »

mc wrote:Ooh, exciting! My guess is a "Don't Look Back" gig. All of LGM, PP or LAGWAFIS played in order, anyone? :D
at the Albert Hall?

or a one off Acoustic Mainlines performance at St Mary Church in the Lace Market Nottingham so I don't have to go very far to see it !
ragmop
Known user

Post by ragmop »

There's a SpaceShipp show at QEH in April, maybe it's that?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

ragmop wrote:There's a SpaceShipp show at QEH in April, maybe it's that?
No, that's already been announced and tickets have been on sale for ages.

This is something new!

Maybe the long-awaited full orchestra tie-up?

Maybe a Don't Look Back style effort?

Maybe a really unusual venue? (top of BT Tower please - always wanted to go up there)

Maybe (cough!) a Spacemen 3 one-off reunion....
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

I doubt it would be a 'Dont look back' style concert, I may be proved wrong but Jason is always saying about not returning to what he's done in the past (I know he's never played an album from start to finish), and that seems to suggest that hes not up for re-playing past work in this kind of traditional format. Like I say I could be proved wrong. But, I think the live shows are a complete separate entity to the recordings, and its where the band comes alive, so to let them take this kind of formulaic route might lose what the live performances are all about.
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

...or maybe.

A free gig in an intimate venue, free bar all night, Spiritualized T-shirt each with our board id on the back, Jason taking requests for songs, a full recording of the show on CD + DVD fully signed to each of us on the way out and Jason and Doggen give us all a lift home.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Jason and Doggen give us all a lift home
Nice, driving along in the 1998 red vauxhall astra, stereo throwing out some heavy dub (speakers distorting on the bass), the cars filled with smoke, Jason in shades leaning over from the front passenger seat (its not rock and roll for front men to drive) hand on the back of the drivers seat for support. "Is it okay if we drop you on the corner mate"..

:wink:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I am apparently on the mailing list but I've never had an email from it. I hope it works I am excited to hear what's going down.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

A 'best of' show with Jason playing banjo...?
purpleorla
Known user

Post by purpleorla »

whatever it is I hope I'm there & I hope all ye funny feckers are there too...if only I knew how to use the quote thingimy then I'd be overusing it now...requests...lifts home...conversation!? :lol:

I feel giddy
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

simonkeeping wrote:
Nice, driving along in the 1998 red vauxhall astra, stereo throwing out some heavy dub (speakers distorting on the bass), the cars filled with smoke, Jason in shades leaning over from the front passenger seat (its not rock and roll for front men to drive) hand on the back of the drivers seat for support. "Is it okay if we drop you on the corner mate"..
this made me laugh so hard tea almost came out of my nostrils!!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I wanna know what this is now.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

angelsighs wrote:
simonkeeping wrote:
this made me laugh so hard tea almost came out of my nostrils!!
Doesn't it seem like a lot of thought went into that initial post? Thats what makes it even funnier!
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
marcvolta
Known user

Post by marcvolta »

i just love the line :the cars filled with smoke" it just strikes me a funny everytime i see it. i really dont know why it seems to jump out at me, it hard to describe via a typed message....
sorry
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

strangely, this isn't quite as far fetched as you might think, Jason used to bomb around Rugby in a red Metro in the Spacemen days!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Any specific time to expect this email tomorrow? Heres hoping for a midnight jobby.
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

:shock:

Crikey, let's hope there's a RAH style balloon drop and the giant mirror balls come back!

Original line-up I wonder?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

We got the balloon drop at Roundhouse!
charles w
Known user

Post by charles w »

'LADIES & GENTLEMAN WE ARE FLOATING IN SPACE' ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL OCT 12TH

Live in its entirety at London's Royal Festival Hall on Monday 12th October 2009.

The event is presented by All Tomorrow's Parties as part of their Don't Look Back series and this special show will feature a choir, string and horn sections and special guests.

It is 12 years since the release of this album set the summer of 1997 alive.

Receiving massive critical acclaim, it was NME's album of the year in 1997, and reached No.4 in the charts.

Tickets for the event go on sale at 10am on Thursday 19th March, priced £32.50/ £27.50, and will be available from: 0871 663 2500/ southbankcentre.co.uk/ seetickets.com/ ticketmaster.co.uk
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

James T wrote:We got the balloon drop at Roundhouse!

The Roundhouse ones were just plain white though!
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Im a little bit confused? I take it this is the announcement? Looks cool! Not what I expected at all!

What was all the talk about the mailing list for though?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Yeah it seems i'm on the mailing list but have never received anything from this site ever. I saw on another forum that there's a pre-sale on Wednesday at 10 AM and that you have to enter a password to get a ticket, can anyone shed any light on this please?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

If you signed up for the mailing list, they sent you the announcement along with the pre-sale password to purchase tickets on Wednesday before the public sale.
I think I feel it coming on
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

simonkeeping wrote:I doubt it would be a 'Dont look back' style concert, I may be proved wrong but Jason is always saying about not returning to what he's done in the past (I know he's never played an album from start to finish), and that seems to suggest that hes not up for re-playing past work in this kind of traditional format. Like I say I could be proved wrong. But, I think the live shows are a complete separate entity to the recordings, and its where the band comes alive, so to let them take this kind of formulaic route might lose what the live performances are all about.

Feel free to say I told you so in massive bold italic letters.
:wink:
samwaltonyeah
New user

Post by samwaltonyeah »

If you signed up for the mailing list, they sent you the announcement along with the pre-sale password to purchase tickets on Wednesday before the public sale.
i've been signed up to the mailing list for god knows how long (and i checked that i still was just now, but trying to sign up – it told me that my email address was already registered!) but i haven't received any mail with any pre-sale passcodes or anything – not even to my junk mail! is anyone else waiting?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

samwaltonyeah wrote:
i've been signed up to the mailing list for god knows how long (and i checked that i still was just now, but trying to sign up – it told me that my email address was already registered!) but i haven't received any mail with any pre-sale passcodes or anything – not even to my junk mail! is anyone else waiting?
I find myself in the exact same situation. :?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

sunray wrote:
samwaltonyeah wrote:
I find myself in the exact same situation. :?
Ah, just checked my Myspace and the password is there. Phew.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I haven't got the email either. I am confused and irritated.
swinny
Known user

Post by swinny »

Another one in the "I'm signed up, no email though" camp here - most annoying. Does the password look "personalised" or is it likely to be the same for all? Don't want to miss out on this!
samwaltonyeah
New user

Post by samwaltonyeah »

Ah, just checked my Myspace and the password is there. Phew.
myspace? hmm.

what about those who don't use myspace, or are only friends with people they actually know? i do hope they get it together to send out a mail at some point!
laid back in the sun
Known user

Post by laid back in the sun »

another whos not got an email either.... or ever for that matter :(
hey man theres a hole in my nose where all the money goes
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

we will re-send the newsletter and post the pre-sale info on the site before 10am Weds morning.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Only song that's never been played live is All of My Thoughts.
I could be wrong.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

hmm, I received the email/password via Yahoo on Sunday and also through Myspace. I'm going to try to get tickets through the web on Wednesday. Hopefully everyone will be sorted with the password by then. Thanks spazed!
I think I feel it coming on
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Any updates on the lifts home? I guess they'll be hiring some kind of coach as the strings and the choir will need taking home to? Has Doggen applied for his provisional Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) driving licence? Jason in his blazer on the mic doing his best tour guide impersonation? "ladies and gentlemen we are driving through London' (maybe get Kate Radley to do that bit). On the right is Jessie's minute mart, always good for some after hours beers and where I originally got the idea for 'Rated X'. Coming up now on the left is Terry, my dealer, hes good as gold and always sorts me out with some proper good weed. But please don't call him at the weekend though as hes seeing his kids! Anyone need some fags from the garage? wheree just coming up to the Jet on Goldhawk Road? I might get some monster munch..

etc etc :arrow: