Ladies and Gents ...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

rameses
Known user

Re: Ladies and Gents ...

Post by rameses »

The Breeze wrote:Probably double this post with another but

TUES 13 nOW ON SALE ; just got row F front stalls from SEE tickets

Good Luck!
I have to say that sucks!!

I was lucky and got a good seat yesterday without much effort but if'd spent ages queueing and got a seat at the back I'd be really pissed off. Both dates should have been advertised initally as I can't believe the second one was set up at short notice following the demand for tickets on the first date.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
MorenoHatter
Known user

Post by MorenoHatter »

rameses wrote:
The Breeze wrote:Probably double this post with another but

TUES 13 nOW ON SALE ; just got row F front stalls from SEE tickets

Good Luck!
I have to say that sucks!!

I was lucky and got a good seat yesterday without much effort but if'd spent ages queueing and got a seat at the back I'd be really pissed off. Both dates should have been advertised initally as I can't believe the second one was set up at short notice following the demand for tickets on the first date.
Have to agree. I like being part of one off shows, they feel that bit more special and now i have to contemplate buying again.

Cant blame the touts either, as there arent enough on ebay to blame them for selling it out.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

What the...?

Curiously still only rear stall seats were available when I looked - this time a maximum of 4 were available at one time. And not good ones - right to one side on the end of a row. Curiously I went back tried again and miraculously front stall seats appeared. Then others RIGHT in the middle of the rear stalls appeared. Seetickets really are rubbish.

I don't think this is going to make people here happy. So many busted a gut yesterday.
Bapsy
New user

Post by Bapsy »

Oh yes that's just what I wanted to hear....
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

MorenoHatter wrote:
Have to agree. I like being part of one off shows, they feel that bit more special and now i have to contemplate buying again.
I ( and probalby a lot of others) presumed that was the point, that it was a special one off performance. Obviulsy we were wrong.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I just logged on and see that a 2nd date has been added. I just tried Seetickets to see what was available and came up with Row E, Seats 36 & 37. If Front Stall does not come up, just keep hitting refresh until they do. First attempt, Row N came up and I let them go. 2nd attempt resulted in only rear stalls. 7th refresh brought the Row E tickets. As mentioned, tickets get "locked up" for 5 minutes then re-released when they're not purchased.

Since we're coming from across the pond, I could not resist, so it's 2 nights of bliss for us in Row D and Row E respectively.
Last edited by purespace on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think I feel it coming on
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Second date. That's just absolute fucking bollocks.Coming over from Ireland but won't be able to afford a second night. Must admit i feel a bit cheated now and yesterday's high is fading away....
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

The mailing list / website participants etc were given a 24 hours window on the general sale. We couldn't put both shows up on sale at this point. Due to the high demand and general sales we were able to put the second show on sale immediately.

We were told 10am for ticket sales, we cant always control outside agencies who are reacting to demand.

For those who are moaning about one off special events, it was never said there would only be one show. It is not possible to fund a show like this on one performance, that's the reality.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I say BRING THEM ALL ON :!:

I cannot fathom the moaning. All ticketing systems are shite. The fact the Spiritualized is doing gigs like this a cause for MAJOR celebration. There's NOTHING to moan about kids.
burst
Known user

Post by burst »

Whats that line from Take Me To The Other Side?

Oh yes - 'Come on take me for a ride'... How apt.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

purespace wrote:I say BRING THEM ALL ON :!:

I cannot fathom the moaning. All ticketing systems are shite. The fact the Spiritualized is doing gigs like this a cause for MAJOR celebration. There's NOTHING to moan about kids.
Hear hear!

I never thought I'd see the day when Jase could sell out the Festival Hall twice. It's great news for all things Spiritualized.

And everybody bitching should be grateful the man is still here to do these shows, given his illness....
theotherside2
New user

Post by theotherside2 »

I never thought I'd see the day when Jase could sell out the Festival Hall twice. It's great news for all things Spiritualized.
Its not exactly a huge venue.
No reason why Spiritualized shouldnt sell out 2 shows. ( seating 2600 )
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

theotherside2 wrote:
Its not exactly a huge venue.
No reason why Spiritualized shouldnt sell out 2 shows. ( seating 2600 )
Well, they didn't sell out one show the last time they played there...and that was with support from Pere Ubu who I know some folks came specifically to see.

The biggest UK show they've ever done is Brixton Academy which, as I recall, is about 4,500. And I'm not sure that sold out either. So whichever way you look at it this is good going...
judester2
New user

Post by judester2 »

Greeny wrote:

Hear hear!

And everybody bitching should be grateful the man is still here to do these shows, given his illness....
Rejoice as much as you like and I wont disagree with you on that point. However, I feel you have been utterly disrespectful to others with your subsequent comments. I strongly disagree with you about the ticketing arrangements and the management of the bands HAVE the ability to feedback and voice their concerns on behalf of their paying audience (or not if you are one of unlucky ones). This was not done correctly and I've seen this sort of thing many times for so called 'big sellout in seconds gigs'.

What should have happened and this is again NO BRAINER information:-

1). State when the tickets are going to be available to all, for all dates clearly. Don't bullshit the public with 'additional dates' when it is guessable that it might happen given the demand.
2). Stick to the exact time slots for when tickets go on sale that day. Today it was up about 2 hours before the published time. That is just not on.
3). Stop pre-sales. What has being a member of SOUTHBANk got to do with liking and wanting to see Spiritualized? NOTHING. Stop ripping off people and creating a tier for elitism and pandering to middle classes. Music is supposed to be for all not...just remember that. It also encourages touts.
4). The bands management should listen to feedback and be the voice to the venues and ticket agencies and start putting pressure on these companies. Invest time in the people who actually bother with your music for a change, rather than jumping on bandwagons for your own personal gain.
5). I would comment on the ticket prices, but I wont go there..saving grace.

I eventually managed to get a ticket for the 2nd day in the end, after my first rant on here. And thanks to that person who pointed out the tickets were on sale for the following day. If things are done fairly and squarely then I have no reason to complain but this was not the case here.
MrSWarning
Known user

Post by MrSWarning »

spazed you must have seen the comments been left on here over the last five days in the run up to this so why not squash the rumours about it only been one night - all you had to say is possibly other nights to follow and I also resent the fact that you make out we must be naive to think it was only ever one show. None of us are going to want to miss something like this!! so one date announced of course we are going to be all over it.

I own my own shop and Mondays are the only day I can not get cover - so I took the unprecedented step of choosing to close for the day so as not to miss this - more fool me. To now find out I did not have to close my shop and could have got better tickets, 24 hours later - leaves a very bitter taste...
funkygibbon
Known user

Post by funkygibbon »

judester2 wrote:[ What has being a member of SOUTHBANk got to do with liking and wanting to see Spiritualized? NOTHING.
Erm I'm a Southbank membership holder and I want and like to see Spiritualized. And the Seetickets presale was available at the same time as the Southbank presale. Events at the RFH always go on sale to menbers first where its Spiritualized or Shostakovich. Elitest, middle class and unfair it may be but thems the breaks.

And as for adding another date so people unable to get a ticket for the first one could see them play their most celebrated work - how very dare they! It'll still be a special event for you when you go regardless of how many nights it is.

As the old song goes 'Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.'
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

judester2 wrote: What has being a member of SOUTHBANk got to do with liking and wanting to see Spiritualized? NOTHING. Stop ripping off people and creating a tier for elitism and pandering to middle classes. Music is supposed to be for all not...just remember that.

Class War baby!!

My dad was a car mechanic and my mum worked in a shop. I went to a comprehensive school too...does that mean I have to give up my South Bank membership???
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

"3). Stop pre-sales. What has being a member of SOUTHBANk got to do with liking and wanting to see Spiritualized? NOTHING."

You did not have to be a member of Southbank to purchase tickets for either of the dates. The link that spazed provided, along with the un-needed password, was all you needed to get tickets. If you think this was a mess, you should have tried getting tickets for Phish on Livenation's piece of shite website. I agree whole heartedly about nausea-inducing ticketing systems, but what can one do?

Geesh, if dates, times, ticketing process, things out of management's hands, the sun not aligning with Venus, etc. is a bit too much, then don't go.

An upside: they did not use Ticketmaster with their 35% markup on each ticket :shock:
Last edited by purespace on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

hi, i had to create a new account as my last one buggered up when my pc crashed so....
anyway my girlfriend (a spz virgin!) bought us two tickets yesterday for the first night, so exact details are sketchy but we are front middle section (i hope!) row L, are these decent seats? and are we close to any one in here? dont know the exact seat numbers yet, as i said my girlfriend bought the tickets. and is anyone from northants going down that day? thanks people, and yes i cant wait, it could be something amazing!!
peace
funkygibbon
Known user

Post by funkygibbon »

Row L are v fine tickets. I have found that any closer than D and the sound can not be great and you get a crick in the neck cos of the high stage! Not saying this will happen at Spz so don't panic all you front row ticket holders but just from experience middle of the front stalls is the place to be.
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

What is the problem with a second date anyway? As far as I'm concerned there was no problem with adding a second Union Chapel date, no problem with pressing up more green vinyl A&E and no problem with a second LAGWAFIS RFH date.

These gig are probably going to be pretty expensive to put on - makes perfect sense to make sure you can almost fill one night before confirming a second. What should they do - announce at the start that there are two dates and then have both nights half full but have to pay out for playing both?

Anything that puts more finance, more public attention and more record company kudos Jason's way so that he can continue to put out music we want to buy and play gigs that we all want to go and see is perfectly fine with me - and I don't expect Jason to make his decisions on whether I or anyone else on this board thinks it's OK anyway.

Post by burst »

The problem is that people went crazy getting tickets yesterday - if it was underneath a seat with no view at all people still would still buy them, many long time fans of the band. You genuinely expect these people not to feel disappointed when they realise they have shit seats and could have got good ones by simply waiting for today?

The green vinyl thing was a bigger fiasco - 'it's gonna be so SO limited' they say, so people rush out and get them. Then they keep on repressing them and keep saying it's limited. The music may be great, but great musicians can still take the piss!
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

funkygibbon wrote:Row L are v fine tickets. I have found that any closer than D and the sound can not be great and you get a crick in the neck cos of the high stage! Not saying this will happen at Spz so don't panic all you front row ticket holders but just from experience middle of the front stalls is the place to be.
thanks funky, so i owe my girl bigtimethen? ha
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

burst wrote:The problem is that people went crazy getting tickets yesterday - if it was underneath a seat with no view at all people still would still buy them, many long time fans of the band. You genuinely expect these people not to feel disappointed when they realise they have shit seats and could have got good ones by simply waiting for today?

The green vinyl thing was a bigger fiasco - 'it's gonna be so SO limited' they say, so people rush out and get them. Then they keep on repressing them and keep saying it's limited. The music may be great, but great musicians can still take the piss!
:roll:
Vindaloo
Known user

Post by Vindaloo »

So a second date then?

I reckon a special extra treat on the Monday night for those of us with only inferior seats to show for our increased enthusiasm...... would be a nice way of placating us!

Come on, let us nail our colours to the mast..... what are we having then?
My vote: First three tracks off RAH.....

:D
Noddy
Known user

Post by Noddy »

Row A on balcony, superb, this is the first time I will be going to London in 7 years, it takes something special to get me down there, this is too good to miss.
MrSWarning
Known user

Post by MrSWarning »

Sim wrote:
Anything that puts more finance, more public attention and more record company kudos Jason's way so that he can continue to put out music we want to buy and play gigs that we all want to go and see is perfectly fine with me - and I don't expect Jason to make his decisions on whether I or anyone else on this board thinks it's OK anyway.
I am sorry but that’s total bollocks....

Call me cynical but what’s pissing me off is this seems like a classic marketing job to me. Create an exclusive buzz to get a bigger demand for tickets and be sure to sell out the second night or even third. You know many of us jumped through hoops to get tickets yesterday and to now find we had other alternatives and potentially better options kind of sucks big time....

Now I could be wrong about this but that’s how it looks to me.
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

burst wrote:
Last time I'm going to comment on the green vinyl issue - the precise quote lifted from the news section of the site was as follows:

'Fans will also be available to pre-order the album 'Songs In A&E' from Rough Trade East, including a limited edition green vinyl LP, only available to buy from Rough Trade East and the Spiritualized website. Rough Trade East address: Rough Trade East Old Truman Brewery 91 Brick Lane London E1'

What was inaccurate there? No indication of numbers or superlatives (as in 'very limited edition'). It was as described, only available through Rough Trade/this site (eventually, granted), and it is still a (very) limited edition.

Post by They Transmit »

Jeeze,

At the end of the day its gonna be a great show that I for one am more than happy to attend. I suggest to all the people who feel hard done to not to bother going, give your ticket away if you feel so strongly about it but I think this/these gig/s should be celebrated. If you are unhappy about any of it, simple, don't attend.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

They didn't press more anyway did they? Didn't they just make some available on the site but took their time about it?
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

MrSWarning wrote:
Sim wrote:
I am sorry but that’s total bollocks....

Call me cynical but what’s pissing me off is this seems like a classic marketing job to me. Create an exclusive buzz to get a bigger demand for tickets and be sure to sell out the second night or even third. You know many of us jumped through hoops to get tickets yesterday and to now find we had other alternatives and potentially better options kind of sucks big time....

Now I could be wrong about this but that’s how it looks to me.
Quite how is that bollocks? - I was expressing an opinion not stating facts.

FFS it's business, he's not doing it from the kindness of his heart. Maybe he should ask us all when we are available and do 50 dates spread over two months so that each of us can attend on the night when we're not washing our hair or hoovering the dog.

Post by burst »

Rough Trade told me there was 'another batch being pressed' when I rang them. More came in and I bought one.
MrSWarning
Known user

Post by MrSWarning »

the rough trade site very clearly said ltd 500 - this was not the case as it turns out so again people should have been set straight from the start to stop the chaos that ensued.
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

MrSWarning wrote:chaos that ensued.
:?

Post by simonkeeping »

Hopefully those tickets that are removed from ebay will be be re-sold by the promoter for people who missed out. Im surprised that theres a second night but as Spaced pointed out thos cant be cheap to put on. Gospel choirs and strings won't come cheap and it might be a case like the Acoustic Mainlines that Jason paid for that himself. I know its to mark the release for the Album (or at least I guess its part of that) but I doubt Sony would be up for splashing all that money on an album which probably isnt going to make them a massive amount of money. Maybe that was a stipulation of the release that they do some live dates? Tickets lines and site are crap but its not the bands fault and sadly thats a reality for the modern gig goer. My vote for the encore of the these gigs would be 'take me to the other side' with some kind of beatles 'day in a life' freakout at the end. Strings, brass and band stripping the paint off the walls with noise. THAT would be beautiful.
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

i hope he adds a 3rd night
...... and we'll get another box
burst
Known user

Post by burst »

Sim wrote:
MrSWarning wrote:chaos that ensued.
:?
That was a real mess with all sorts of accusations flying about. I'd say chaos sums it up. Rough Trade even told me that the green vinyl was pressed for a 3rd time. I didn't know it was only meant to be 500 - def more than that! This web site didn't talk about the amount pressed though - that was Rough Trade so a 'marketing ploy' from them rather than Spiritualized.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I'm not sure my brain/liver could stand a third night on the bounce....
burst
Known user

Post by burst »

simonkeeping wrote: Im surprised that theres a second night but as Spaced pointed out thos cant be cheap to put on.
That's true but was there more than one night at the Albert Hall? I actually don't know - serious question! Was that several dates?
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Just checked Seetickets 2 seconds ago and 2 Front Stall Row N seats 10 and 11 came up. Keep trying, tickets keep going back into the pool :!:
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

burst wrote:
simonkeeping wrote: Im surprised that theres a second night but as Spaced pointed out thos cant be cheap to put on.
That's true but was there more than one night at the Albert Hall? I actually don't know - serious question! Was that several dates?
Just the one - but then they probably costed in that they would recoup money on live album sales.

Post by MrSWarning »

Jesus I am not saying Jason should not make any money - I just feel and not for the first time manipulated by the whole thing. If there were 2 nights 3 nights even 10 nights it makes no difference to me just a little more transparency is all ask for so we don’t end up in this kind of mess.

The fact we have gone from yesterday’s euphoria to today’s mess should say something and judging by the comments it’s not just me that sees it like this.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I'm still euphoric and imagine I'll stay that way until October :D
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

I think by the time it comes to October 14th, all will be forgotten and forgiven. :D

Post by Greeny »

purespace wrote:Just checked Seetickets 2 seconds ago and 2 Front Stall Row N seats 10 and 11 came up. Keep trying, tickets keep going back into the pool :!:
Heh heh - better bring a booster or something - you're right behind me and my mate and we're both well over 6ft!!
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Greeny wrote:
purespace wrote:Just checked Seetickets 2 seconds ago and 2 Front Stall Row N seats 10 and 11 came up. Keep trying, tickets keep going back into the pool :!:
Heh heh - better bring a booster or something - you're right behind me and my mate and we're both well over 6ft!!
Someone else will be as I got Row E earlier this morning (and my mate going with me is 6'4" :D ) I was snooping on availability when I found Row N (didn't purchase so they may well still be there).
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

purespace wrote:
Greeny wrote:
Someone else will be as I got Row E earlier this morning (and my mate going with me is 6'4" :D ) I was snooping on availability when I found Row N (didn't purchase so they may well still be there).
:) I'm also 6'4" - the rate we're going those of us in front stalls will be blocking the view even from the balcony.

Post by tied up »

fuckin' two thumbs up mate.

i'm going to see one of my favourite bands playing one of my favourite albums.

i think i'm in love. again.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

can we relax please, otherwise i will lock it.

thanks!

PS: I was mad but then I thought about it... still think the way the tickets were distributed was a shame.
Design.
funkygibbon
Known user

Post by funkygibbon »

Sim wrote: :) I'm also 6'4" - the rate we're going those of us in front stalls will be blocking the view even from the balcony.
You mean the tickets weren't allocated on a shortest to tallest basis? This is a shambles! :-)
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

eleKtroniK:musiK wrote:
Suzyboo wrote:
yalda wrote:"You have been allocated block F/S row F seat 36 in the front stalls "

anyone next to me? i'm goin' alone & i'm from the states
Hey Yalda! Me and my other half are coming from Glasgow and are in seats 32-33. Come and say hello!
Another two from Glasgow here and a wee contingency of board members in this corner so far...
Another Glaswegian raises hand :D
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I got my lonesome solo ticket for the 2nd night: R/S row FF seat 35.

As much as I would love to have all these tickets for us forum people, I do think the presale was a bit overkill and under the radar. A limited pre-sale would have been much more fair for the general concert-going public. But you never know, maybe no one expected this to draw such a huge buzz, thus they didn't think they needed to limit the tickets?
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Zenchan wrote:
eleKtroniK:musiK wrote:
Another two from Glasgow here and a wee contingency of board members in this corner so far...
Another Glaswegian raises hand :D
And another.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

well my girlfriend and myself are in seats L 23 & 24 (on the monday) , are we next to anyone in here?
heyman
Known user

Post by heyman »

by Noddy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:11 pm

Row A on balcony, superb, this is the first time I will be going to London in 7 years, it takes something special to get me down there, this is too good to miss.http://www.myspace.com/theluciddream08

Tell me The Lucid Dream aren't mint!!! Saw em support Spectrum in Leeds in Feb, Awesome!! :D
'I've had my fix, too much of it,
I'm losing track of time in 200 bars'
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

purespace wrote:I'm still euphoric and imagine I'll stay that way until October :D
Brilliant... :P

I wrote: Now i'm going to go and get battered to de-stress myself.
I'm now classified de-stressified thanks to the help of the bottle, nina simone and mavis staples.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
plymwhites
Known user

Post by plymwhites »

I might even turn up too Jig :wink:
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

It looks like seetickets.com might be out for the Monday show...
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Design.
ragmop
Known user

Post by ragmop »

Just got my tickets through the post, that was quick!
Rear stalls mind, had to order over the phone as I was at work.
Only ever sat in upstairs at RFH as far as I recall, so sure rear stalls will be fine.
Bring on October...
scarecrowz
Known user

Post by scarecrowz »

Some general comments on the whole promoter/scalper/ebay/ticket sales scenario from someone with knowledge: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,548515
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

Cannae fucking wait for this one.

I wonder will the event be anywhere along these lines >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbLrOLw230k
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

is anyone going for the 1st night from northants?
jamie_atp
Known user

Post by jamie_atp »

if anyone sees any scalpers on ebay or other sites reselling please
email us at feedback@atpfestival.com and we'll try our best to stop them.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/music/ ... iritua-464

few tickets left for tuesday evening.

If anyone is handicapped there is still seating for both evenings.

M
Design.
eelnekwah
Known user

Post by eelnekwah »

For gig goers that may be looking for some cheap place to stay Travelodge Farringdon on Kings Cross road currently have rooms at saver rate.These come in at £29 per night for the 11th and 12th - which aint bad at all.We're up for two nights