Ladies and Gents ...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

gottafire
Known user

Re: Ladies and Gents ...

Post by gottafire »

http://spiritualizedelectricmainline.blogspot.com/

The place for live Spiritualized®!!

Now with added Tufty power!!!
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

solarflarez-

I'm going to the first night from Northampton. Not sure how we're getting there yet- probably be on the train though. Let you know if we choose to drive if you need a lift, etc...
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

Oh, by the way- I'm in row HH seats 11-12 on the Monday show. Anyone else around there?
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

I would really like to go to the concert, but i´m not sure i can get the day off from work.
It should also ideally be combined with a Manchester United match.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

helm wrote:Oh, by the way- I'm in row HH seats 11-12 on the Monday show. Anyone else around there?
I'm GG13-14 so will be just in front of you presumably.
Cheegles Ann Bultan
Known user

Post by Cheegles Ann Bultan »

mkb wrote:
Zenchan wrote:
eleKtroniK:musiK wrote:
Another two from Glasgow here and a wee contingency of board members in this corner so far...
Another Glaswegian raises hand :D
And another.
And another!
longlonggone
New user

Post by longlonggone »

All of my Thoughts.

mmm. mmm.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Just asking - has anyone who ordered through Seetickets actually received them yet? I know people who ordered through the South Bank site got theirs really quickly so was just enquiring about the other route.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I ordered through seetickets and am still waiting, but I suspect it will be while to get them across the pond. I think I'll lose it once they do arrive. Lord I feel like a teeny bopper . . .
I think I feel it coming on
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I'm yet to find anything positive about Seetickets - a really badly organised set up. I wish I'd known about the South Bank ticket office at the time but in my desperation not to miss out I bought the first tickets I could find.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

SeeTickets are notorious for not sending out tickets until a few weeks before the show... i've had more than a few nervous waits for tickets bought from them in the past.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

On the Seetickets site you can track your order. Mine says this:

Order Status We will start to despatch tickets for this event on approximately 21/09/2009 and we expect to have all tickets despatched by 05/10/2009.

Cuttiing it a bit fine if you ask me. :x
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

rameses wrote:On the Seetickets site you can track your order. Mine says this:

Order Status We will start to despatch tickets for this event on approximately 21/09/2009 and we expect to have all tickets despatched by 05/10/2009.

Cuttiing it a bit fine if you ask me. :x
jeez, why the wait? i ordered mine thru the south bank , got them a couple of days later
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Laz69 wrote:SeeTickets are notorious for not sending out tickets until a few weeks before the show... i've had more than a few nervous waits for tickets bought from them in the past.
S**T****** are absolute rubbish. They are the only outlet to sell Glastonbury Festival tickets too. One year i bought a Glasto ticket through them and i got the ticket just one week before the festival. I was lucky, some people didn't even get theirs and given that tickets had a passport style photo on them by then, they knew that they wouldn't get all tickets out to everyone in time and were advising to pick up tickets at the site. And all that with check points virtually everywhere around Pilton and organisers saying anyone without tickets will be stopped and driven back 20 miles. S**T****** blamed their own fiasco on anything from the courier service they used to a high volume of George Michael tickets needing to be sent out for dates...AFTER Glasto. And haven't they sold a load of Michael Jackson tickets recently !! I hate having to use S**T******.
runcible wrote:I'm yet to find anything positive about Seetickets - a really badly organised set up. I wish I'd known about the South Bank ticket office at the time but in my desperation not to miss out I bought the first tickets I could find.
I thought you bought your tickets over the phone !! The number i had was for the South Bank Centre and got through to there, eventually. Tickets for 2nd row of the balcony already here.

Plus...Through S**T****** how much was the booking fees per ticket and postage ? 4 tickets at £27.50 each through the SBC cost a total of £112.50, that's including all booking fees and postage.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

purespace wrote:I ordered through seetickets and am still waiting, but I suspect it will be while to get them across the pond. I think I'll lose it once they do arrive. Lord I feel like a teeny bopper . . .
I contacted them through the customer service link on their website and asked if I could pick up the tickets for both nights at willcall (since I live across the pond...and then some). After a day or so, they responded:

"As requested your order will be available for collection from the
venue box office at Royal Festival Hall on the day of the performance
from 1900hrs.*"

I figured why risk getting those tickets lost in the mail?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

The Jig wrote:
I thought you bought your tickets over the phone !! The number i had was for the South Bank Centre and got through to there, eventually. Tickets for 2nd row of the balcony already here.
No - I tried to but was on hold for an age while having their site right in front of me. So I took what I could get. Seeticket have made my shitlist though. Rubbish.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I just sent Seetickets an email regarding my overseas status, their 48 hour policy, and the unnecessary possibility of holding paid for tickets in their system for 7 months time. I requested that they dispatch both of my orders immediately. I'll keep everyone posted as to their response.
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

The Jig wrote:
Laz69 wrote:SeeTickets are notorious for not sending out tickets until a few weeks before the show... i've had more than a few nervous waits for tickets bought from them in the past.
S**T****** are absolute rubbish. They are the only outlet to sell Glastonbury Festival tickets too. One year i bought a Glasto ticket through them and i got the ticket just one week before the festival. I was lucky, some people didn't even get theirs and given that tickets had a passport style photo on them by then, they knew that they wouldn't get all tickets out to everyone in time and were advising to pick up tickets at the site. And all that with check points virtually everywhere around Pilton and organisers saying anyone without tickets will be stopped and driven back 20 miles. S**T****** blamed their own fiasco on anything from the courier service they used to a high volume of George Michael tickets needing to be sent out for dates...AFTER Glasto. And haven't they sold a load of Michael Jackson tickets recently !! I hate having to use S**T******.
runcible wrote:I'm yet to find anything positive about Seetickets - a really badly organised set up. I wish I'd known about the South Bank ticket office at the time but in my desperation not to miss out I bought the first tickets I could find.

Plus...Through S**T****** how much was the booking fees per ticket and postage ? 4 tickets at £27.50 each through the SBC cost a total of £112.50, that's including all booking fees and postage.

aw shite, wish i'd known this earlier
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

When I tracked both of my orders through seetickets just now, both orders have the following status:

"27/03/2009 - We are currently trying to arrange for collection at venue"

Perhaps they've decided to do this with all orders regardless of the purchasers delivery requests? I'm still awaiting a reply to the email request I sent yesterday.
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

a bit relief for me to see some people feel the same about seetickets.
i'd never seen any online ticket office that give no choice "delivery or collection" in ordering process. that made me really confused. it's absolutely impossible for me to get my ticket in tokyo before my departure. so i sent message asking them to arrange collection at venue. a couple of days later, they replied that they were arranging as requested. 2nd night's ticket will be ok coz I ordered through southbank centre. but so anxious about 1st's until i actually get it in my hand. :(
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Very impressed with the speed the tickets were sent out by the Southbank Centre - and what a professional looking mailing as well.

sm
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Southbank and Roundhouse are both great for tickets being sent. Someone at seetickets said something about not sending tickets til nearer the event before they tout for higher prices if they are already in-hand.
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

If anyone from See tickets is reading this, please can you tell me when my tickets for The Beatles at Shea stadium will be arriving?
8)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

seetickets can cut it a bit fine. I got my Verve tickets in '07 from them, it was touch and go whether I'd get them in time especially as my mate got them on his card and had to send them onto me via royal mail.
emitecaps
New user

Post by emitecaps »

i'm so excited about the southbank gig - shame it's a weekday as i will need to take the next day off...but the winner for me will be if there is a gospel choir in the lineup. can anyone confirm that? cheers
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

emitecaps wrote:i'm so excited about the southbank gig - shame it's a weekday as i will need to take the next day off...but the winner for me will be if there is a gospel choir in the lineup. can anyone confirm that? cheers

Right from the news section:

"The event is presented by All Tomorrow’s Parties as part of their Don’t Look Back series and this special show will feature a choir, string and horn sections and special guests."

I can only guess it is one of a gospel nature.
emitecaps
New user

Post by emitecaps »

excellent, re:unspecified guests, have heard a rumour it will be robbie williams? :wink:
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

emitecaps wrote:excellent, re:unspecified guests, have heard a rumour it will be robbie williams? :wink:
i hope it will be ...
Image or Image.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm guessing the London Community Gospel Choir will come out again. They play the night before (the 11th) in Stoke...which is 150-ish miles from London...not too far, right?
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Laz69 wrote:
Absolutely no idea how i'm gonna get to Londinium for this yet... but this has the potential to be THE show of all our lives! :D
I'm doing it in style; flights and a stay at the marriot fcuk it...however it the gf and i go our seperate ways prior too (unlikely!) i'll drive the megabus...
Ha-Ha, cursed that wee relationship! Still hopping on the big blue bus, J?

Also, now with added spare ticket!

Best,

Stuart
Shoulders back, smash it
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

Doctor John doin his thing on Cop Shoot Cop... 8)

toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

gottafire wrote:Doctor John doin his thing on Cop Shoot Cop... 8)
Has this been confirmed?
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

no it was a guess...would be cool though...

Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

I'm doing it in style; flights and a stay at the marriot fcuk it...however it the gf and i go our seperate ways prior too (unlikely!) i'll drive the megabus...

Best,

Stuart
How long will that take on the big blue bus ? Why not wait until 12 weeks before and see how much an advance ticket on Virgin trains cost, and then upgrade to first when you get on ? It's got to be better than the big blue bus, even the ipod won't last that journey.

Are you still staying at the Marriot or is it now a hostel, and is that spare ticket for Monday or Tuesday ?
What more can the heart of a man desire?
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

The Jig wrote: Are you still staying at the Marriot or is it now a hostel, and is that spare ticket for Monday or Tuesday ?
Haha, ta for bringing that up Shaun.
I think the Marriot could probably do without "solo" me being unleashed in London.
Yes, a hostel may be on the cards as I've just lost a bit of money on a planned holiday to Spain that had to be cancelled.
Anyway, it aint until October.

Like the train idea, thank you for that tip off.

The ticket is for Monday; I have two (decent seats), may consider a swap if someone requires an upgrade. The seat no's are on this thread somewhere.

Best,

Stuart
Shoulders back, smash it
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Laz69 wrote:
Absolutely no idea how i'm gonna get to Londinium for this yet... but this has the potential to be THE show of all our lives! :D

Best,

Stuart
Spare ticket???

Nah... travelling in style on a big winged bus now :D uncle booked flights for us all, so we'll fly down and crash somewhere nearby after the show. Megabus was DEFINITELY a last resort... :lol: :lol:
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

has anyone got any idea what time the gig will finish? last train home is 2315 from st pancras, so have to work out if we have to stay overnight or not. (single parent, kids, babysitters, etc etc)
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I just booked my plane tickets to London. Very exciting.

My sleeping situation just fell through, so it looks like I'm going to have to get some other arrangement. What were the cheap hotel/hostel recommendations you all had?
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Hey TooMilk,

I have always found luck and clean decent places through this site.

http://www.bed-and-breakfast-london.co.uk/index.htm
or try cheap hotels like daysinn.com which has rooms
for around £50/night.

Also I'm sure some of the natives :wink: might have better recommendations.

Best,

M
Design.
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

toomilk wrote:
gottafire wrote:Doctor John doin his thing on Cop Shoot Cop... 8)
Has this been confirmed?
sean cook on bass, cert!
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Seriously though, Dr John looks good. No gigs on the festival hall dates. He's not playing again until 17/10/9.

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.a ... dr.%20john
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

well ive booked my hotel (novotel in southwark, anyone know if its any good?) so just cheap train tickets to get now, and just three months to wait! dont want to wish my life away but..................
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

solarflarez wrote:well ive booked my hotel (novotel in southwark, anyone know if its any good?) so just cheap train tickets to get now, and just three months to wait! dont want to wish my life away but..................

Novotels are pretty standard but I think at this one you are pretty close to the river. If you get a nice evening then you are in for a really pleasant stroll along to the RFH (I'd say about 15 mins). Also, you are dead close to Tate Modern which is well worth checking out if you have time.

Good luck with the train tickets. I know Virgin are giving 10% off on some routes if you have a Virgin Credit card.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

The Breeze wrote:
solarflarez wrote:well ive booked my hotel (novotel in southwark, anyone know if its any good?) so just cheap train tickets to get now, and just three months to wait! dont want to wish my life away but..................

Novotels are pretty standard but I think at this one you are pretty close to the river. If you get a nice evening then you are in for a really pleasant stroll along to the RFH (I'd say about 15 mins). Also, you are dead close to Tate Modern which is well worth checking out if you have time.

Good luck with the train tickets. I know Virgin are giving 10% off on some routes if you have a Virgin Credit card.
Thanks mate, yes i was down at the Tate in June, just to look at Lichtensteins "WHAAM!", having painted a copy, i had to check out the real thing, didnt knock me out, it had more mistakes than my version!! ha,
I'm just glad i have my hotel sorted, and dont have to worry about getting back to Northants, (last train 2315), and thanks for the info bout walking time, as long as its dry it will be a nice little walk down the thames, high as a kite,
peace n out
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

What part of London, roughly, do I want to be getting a hotel in for walking distance (half an hour or so) to the RFH?
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Zenchan wrote:What part of London, roughly, do I want to be getting a hotel in for walking distance (half an hour or so) to the RFH?
That really does depend on your budget. I wouldn't suggest anything south of the river but that's basically because i don't know the areas that well. Have a look at http://www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk/?src ... leUK_brand or
http://www.cityinn.com/london/london-hotels.htm and both are within easy walking distance of the Embankment.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

i found my hotel by googling "hotels within half a mile if the south bank" and got a good result, south of the river, but just up the road from RFH
Zenchan wrote:What part of London, roughly, do I want to be getting a hotel in for walking distance (half an hour or so) to the RFH?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

The ATP site lists support acts for this show as "TBC".

I wonder who it will be, if anyone.....
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

who's special guests???

but I reserved an airline ticket and a hotel. i feel so exciting!
friends, see you in RFH.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

toomilk wrote:The ATP site lists support acts for this show as "TBC".

I wonder who it will be, if anyone.....
do we need a support act??
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Anyone received their Seetickets yet? It's been SIX MONTHS now and I have got nothing. So, so poor.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

I'm worried also. I might need to give them a call.

UGH!

M
Design.
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

I send an email to Seetickets few weeks ago.
they said,
"The event is not until October so if we receive the tickets from the promoter in time then they will be sent to your address. If we do not receive the tickets from the promoter in time to despatch them to you then they will be sent to the venue for you to collect when you arrive and we will send you an e-mail to let you know."

I can only wait.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

mn_spi wrote:I send an email to Seetickets few weeks ago.
they said,
"The event is not until October so if we receive the tickets from the promoter in time then they will be sent to your address. If we do not receive the tickets from the promoter in time to despatch them to you then they will be sent to the venue for you to collect when you arrive and we will send you an e-mail to let you know."

I can only wait.
Arigato Manabu!!!
Design.
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

MODLAB wrote: Arigato Manabu!!!
douitashimashite MOD.

i checked, it was July 8 when I received an email.
long time ago.
can't forget uneasiness...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

there's an order tracker feature on the seetickets page- put your reference in and it says something like " we will start despatching these tickets on (x date) and hope to have them all despatched by (x date)"

If I remember correctly, the last time I did it it they hope to get the tickets send at the end of Sep or something. Chill out- i dont think they have received the tickets from the promote yet.
tied up
Known user

Post by tied up »

just been on the order tracker page -

'We will start to despatch tickets for this event on approximately 21/09/2009 and we expect to have all tickets despatched by 05/10/2009'
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

sentence of my order tracker changed!
"We are currently despatching tickets for this event. If you haven't received your tickets by 09/10/2009 please contact us."
i depart to London on 10th. my worry doesn't run out. sigh...
squirrel
Known user

Post by squirrel »

Is it possible that he's not going to bring the Ladies and Gentlemen full treatment to New York? C'mon, J.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

mn_spi wrote:sentence of my order tracker changed!
"We are currently despatching tickets for this event. If you haven't received your tickets by 09/10/2009 please contact us."
i depart to London on 10th. my worry doesn't run out. sigh...
We're flying from the states on the 11th (totally fucked about not being able to change flight times to catch the heads). I emailed Seetickets a while back and asked them to hold my tickets at will call for both nights. I got a reply from a real Seetickets person stating they would do just that. My ticket status is "we're arranging for ticket pickup at the venue." I've also been in touch with spazed99 who has generously offered me his cell number in case there's any mix up at the venue. You may want to contact Seetickets as well and ask for venue pick up. Either way, bring your email confirmation along with you as proof of purchase. Cheers and godspeed October 12th & 13th 8)
renaldo
Known user

Post by renaldo »

Have anyone been to any of the Spiritualized gigs dedicated fully to the aforementioned album?
How are the band these days?
Saw them on the Ladies and ... tour in -98 and they were phenomenal.

I'm going to the Manchester Apollo gig on December 14.

Hopefully it'll be mindblowing, but who knows.

Feedback will be extremly welcomed.

Anyone else going to that specific gig?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm going to be in London the 7th till the 14th. Anyone know of any good shows in London during this time frame?
jamie_atp
Known user

Post by jamie_atp »

Mudhoney and The Heads playing Koko on the 11th:
http://www.atpfestival.com/Events/Mudho ... on2009.php
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

renaldo wrote:Have anyone been to any of the Spiritualized gigs dedicated fully to the aforementioned album?
How are the band these days?
Saw them on the Ladies and ... tour in -98 and they were phenomenal.

I'm going to the Manchester Apollo gig on December 14.

Hopefully it'll be mindblowing, but who knows.

Feedback will be extremly welcomed.

Anyone else going to that specific gig?
I'm also going
joda9
New user

Post by joda9 »

does anybody got a ticket already? did they start to send them?
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

if you don't get your tickets in the post by the show, I would think that you could just bring your confirmation email along with I.D. to the venue. They'll have to honor that, yes?

Perhaps Spazed99 could be there to sort anyone out who has proof of purchase. Spazed99, any assuring words you could share in the 11th hour?