Ladies and Gents ...

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Vindaloo
Known user

Re: Ladies and Gents ...

Post by Vindaloo »

Back from the gig......

I wont give too much away - but i guess we will all be talking about it......

Jaw droppingly amazing stuff.

Perhaps a bit nervy at times early on, but my God...... when it was good, it was soooooo fucking good...

Coxon in

Over 30 people on stage - i counted 8 strings, 6 brass, 10 gospel+1conductor, then the normal band line-up with Coxon added and another dude on percussion/drums.

These are massive massive gigs. Im seriously considering going to one of the December ones and being a little less sober......

Well done Jason and team!
ComeDownEasy
Known user

Post by ComeDownEasy »

did anyone record this?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
sml42
Known user

Post by sml42 »

yes. give me a few days to get that uploaded.

hell of a gig wasn't it?

peace,
stephen
estee
Known user

Post by estee »

Does anybody know what the set list was :-)

Brilliant brilliant brilliant gig tonight, the sound at the festival hall was amazing. My favourites tonight were electricity and cool waves. Saw Bobby Gillespie at the bar too but didn't get chance to say hello.
Only the one encore after cop shoot cop which was out of sight, literally.
Vindaloo
Known user

Post by Vindaloo »

i thought i'd try recording it on my mp3 player.... unfortunately, it really is completely unlistenable! never mind, i knew someone else would come up trumps :D

Agree re: Electricity, one of my big favourites but never always worked that well live, but this was superb, i think having the two drummers really drove that song along. And the ending werent bad either....... :shock:
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Great gig, simply excellent. Nice to meet Modlab, Runcible and others (again) at the gig. Have a pretty good recording obtained via a set of Core Sound Binaurals which I will post as soon as possible. BTW, I also have a copy of Jason's solo gig in Kilkenny. It is a "challenging" listen, but if anyone wants it I'll upload it. It is kind of like Guitar Loops so if DuppyConquerer is around (Hey Duppy, where are you????) it is just your thing.

Will be going again tomorrow night, (tonight) hopefully armed with a new digital recorder and sitting in much better seats, so I'll get that out a.s.a.p. too.

For both of the other board members who like Durrutti Column, they were astonishing on Friday. I was gutted to miss The Heads/Mudhoney but had to work to meet a binding deadline. I figure that 2 Spiritualized and 1 Durutti Column show in a weekend is a good effort.
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

Please post the Kilkenny show
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Yeah seconded! Please do when you get a chance that would be great to hear!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

olan wrote:For both of the other board members who like Durrutti Column, they were astonishing on Friday. I was gutted to miss The Heads/Mudhoney but had to work to meet a binding deadline. I figure that 2 Spiritualized and 1 Durutti Column show in a weekend is a good effort.
cool mate. was was the DC setlist- the usual stuff?
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote:
olan wrote:For both of the other board members who like Durrutti Column, they were astonishing on Friday. I was gutted to miss The Heads/Mudhoney but had to work to meet a binding deadline. I figure that 2 Spiritualized and 1 Durutti Column show in a weekend is a good effort.
cool mate. was was the DC setlist- the usual stuff?
Nope. They played a set of (for me anyway) entirely unheard of tunes taken from the "A Paean to Wilson" album to be released next year. The line up was Vini Reilly (Guitar, Quatro), Bruce Mitchell (Drums), Kier Stewart (Samples, Bass, Vibraphone and Accoustic Guitar), Tim Kellet (Trumpet) and Poppy Morgan (Piano). No singing, just instrumentals This would be one of the best DC gigs I've ever seen in 20 odd years of watching them play. The contrast with the Spritiualized gig on the Monday was very interesting. At one show I had no idea what would be played, at the other I knew exactly what was coming next (other than the encore). For the record the Spiritualized gig on the first night shaded it for me and was simply one of the best things I've seen for years.

I have a very, very good recording of the DC gig which I will post to Dimeadozen along with the Spiritualized recordings mentioned earlier in this thread as soon as I get home. The www access where I am staying is closely monitored so uploading big files or seeding a torrent will cause the hounds to be released.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

olan wrote:
Nope. They played a set of (for me anyway) entirely unheard of tunes taken from the "A Paean to Wilson" album to be released next year.
ah i see. yes I've heard about this album, wasn't sure if it sounded like a good idea or not. Also saw them do a bit on the Culture Show a while back. The band are still ridiculously prolific aren't they! its hard to keep up.
cookie5
New user

Post by cookie5 »

Hello all.......

...Im quite new to this site and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can buy the new ladies and gentleman on monday 16th November?

Is it just for sale on this official site and is it limited?

Thanks......
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

cookie5 wrote:Hello all.......

...Im quite new to this site and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can buy the new ladies and gentleman on monday 16th November?

Is it just for sale on this official site and is it limited?

Thanks......

It appears to have been delayed to at least the 30th, but as far as I know everyone's still waiting on official word regarding that.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I saw megan ("myegi", red-haired, took part in RFA 1st night shenanigans) yesterday and reminisced about the amazing experience of seeing these shows in London. We both really wish we could go back for the four upcoming LAG gigs. If you didn't go to the October dates, you are in for a real treat - especially if you get to meet some of yer fellow message-boarders.

(PS: we are still waiting on those pictures from the Oxygen Club. hahaha)
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

today, again. all which go to Manchester.
i can't.
it's enviable! have a nice day!
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

One year ago today................
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

toomilk wrote:One year ago today................
Fuck me, where's that year gone??!! :shock:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone