RFH Meet-Up

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

James T
Known user

RFH Meet-Up

Post by James T »

Seen as a lot of people on the board are coming from other countries for the show, it's probably the only time we'll get to meet up and have a natter about music and drink fine beers. I propose a meet-up. Who's in?
purespace
Known user

Re: RFH Meet-Up

Post by purespace »

we're in :D
I think I feel it coming on
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

I think all of Eat lights; Become lights have tickets so we'll be there :)

Respect
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Count me in.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

This is going better than the roundhouse meet-up. No one wanted to do that!
heyman
Known user

Post by heyman »

I'm in, coming from York & if mates drop out like they usually do cos 'it's too far' then I'll be on my own. Not new to forum but not been on much lately so be cush to meet up wi a few members. Let me know where etc
'I've had my fix, too much of it,
I'm losing track of time in 200 bars'
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Anyone getting the trin from Manchester let me know, maybe we can get some kind of party in the first class.
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

James T wrote:Anyone getting the trin from Manchester let me know, maybe we can get some kind of party in the first class.
First class! :shock: Guess you'll also be buying those tickets off Ebay then! :lol:

Post by James T »

No I got tickets this morning, row c. First Class is cheap if you book a month in advance and have a rail card. I went down to london for 13 first class last time. Free wine and everything!
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

James T wrote:No I got tickets this morning, row c. First Class is cheap if you book a month in advance and have a rail card. I went down to london for 13 first class last time. Free wine and everything!
Thanks for the tip - will have to give it a try. Not as much time to sup wine though as will be coming down from Norwich. We're on the same row by the way - seat C14 for me.

Post by purespace »

We've never been to the UK before and we're thinking of coming in a few days early and catching the train to Edinburgh (other suggestions welcomed!) for a few nights. If anyone can guide me on the train system, places to stay/eat/see/etc. in Edinburgh (even London for that matter), a PM would be greatly appreciated. The Jig has graciously been giving me some pointers as well and he's much appreciated 8)
I think I feel it coming on
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

purespace wrote:We've never been to the UK before and we're thinking of coming in a few days early and catching the train to Edinburgh (other suggestions welcomed!) for a few nights. If anyone can guide me on the train system, places to stay/eat/see/etc. in Edinburgh (even London for that matter), a PM would be greatly appreciated. The Jig has graciously been giving me some pointers as well and he's much appreciated 8)
Thanks purespace. You will love Edinburgh. £10.00 to take a tour around the Castle and you could quite easily spend all day looking around there. The Radisson looks a great place to stay in Edinburgh. I will PM you later.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Edinburgh is lovely. Glasgow is pretty ace too for a party. Manchester is pretty good for 1 or 2 nights and of course I LIVE THERE. Liverpool has some nice stuff to see but it isn't worth staying the night.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Count me in for a meet up. These shows are turning out to be real event and creating some real excitement. It will be awesome to be in a room full of hardcore Spz nuts (they are rare round these parts).
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

Any ideas where people want to go for a drink? Can I suggest the cuban bar in Lambeth. It's only about a 10 minute walk from the venue and it is really nice. Failing that the bar at the BFI is also quite nice. Any which way, count me in :-)
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

A Spiritualized capsule on the London Eye would be cool. Go on that, then drinks afterwards before going the gig.
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

'Edinburgh is lovely. Glasgow is pretty ace too for a party. Manchester is pretty good for 1 or 2 nights and of course I LIVE THERE. Liverpool has some nice stuff to see but it isn't worth staying the night.'

What an absoutely ridiculous statement about Liverpool. Don't want to start a manc/scouse thing, but that's just stupid, and you must know it. If anyone is coming from America, to tell them not to spend a night in Liverpool is doing them a great disservice. All places mentioned are great for a night out, but please don't make out to people travelling thousands of miles, that a night out in liverpool doesn't tick the box. Small enough to walk round once you're in the city, caters for all tastes espicially fans of great music. On a par with any city in the world for a night out.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

I will be up for a nice cup of tea. why doesnt everyone bring a biscuit and do a biscuit 'swap shop' . Bags the KitKat....
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

'Wagon Wheels' - non-jam variety for me... :D
O P 8
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

BzaInSpace wrote:'Wagon Wheels' - non-jam variety for me... :D
Is there such a thing?
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Any developments on this? It's still a ways away, but I couldn't help bringing this thread back. Still anxious!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

These shows seem so far away don't they? Funnily enough I watched the Bafta's on telly the other night which was at the RFH and I couldnt help just thinking about how Spz are going to be bringing the house down in a few months... I think Jonathan Ross was in my seat..
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

The Garden Museum has a very nice cafe if anyone was thinking of having a bite to eat prior to the gig. Reasonbly cheap too. It's by Lambeth Bridge (south side so same side as RFH) and works out quite well as it closes late afternoon, just in time for evening drinks.