2nd night RFH

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

spazed99
Known user

2nd night RFH

Post by spazed99 »

A second night has been added on Tuesday Oct 13th on sale immediately.

You can please some of the people, some of the time etc etc
purespace
Known user

Re: 2nd night RFH

Post by purespace »

I am WELL pleased spazed. Any live Spiritualized opportunity is right the fuck ON :idea: as I sit and recall the DRY SPELLS.
I think I feel it coming on
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I have to say that if people thought this was going to be a one-off, given the ticket frenzy yesterday and today, they were severely deluded.

And why not do another night? If it helps fund the recording of a new album, or stirs the interest of a label to realise that Spiritualized are still relevant in 2009, then that's gotta be a good thing surely? Personalyl I've never known anything like it - even when L&GWAFIS was at number 4 in the charts they weren't this popular, we got our standing tickets for the Albert Hall only a month or so before the gig itself and it only just sold out as I recall...

This is a big undertaking and by getting a second sold-out night it will only add to the budget available for lights etc.

And I say all that having failed to get the tickets I wanted for the second night, so one of my mates is going to miss out!
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

I'm well pleased with two nights rather than just one! Got rear stalls though...shame, but yeah definitively pleased regardless. :D
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
funkygibbon
Known user

Post by funkygibbon »

sunny wrote:I'm well pleased with two nights rather than just one! Got rear stalls though...shame, but yeah definitively pleased regardless. :D
Yep me too. See you there, Sunny

And i'm an evil Southbank member with my middle class la-di-dah ways
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

funkygibbon wrote:
sunny wrote:I'm well pleased with two nights rather than just one! Got rear stalls though...shame, but yeah definitively pleased regardless. :D
Yep me too. See you there, Sunny

And i'm an evil Southbank member with my middle class la-di-dah ways
:lol: I surely hope not! (the evil bit I mean). Haven't seen you for ages. See you there, I'm in rear stalls row DD (unless I can talk someone into changing seats with me, but I can't see who would).
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I didn't want this to happen but I can't really object or complain about it. There is a demand and it would be stupid for them not to add another.

The only thing I do heavily disagree with when ATP add these 2nd shows is they don't seem to care abotu the real fans enough to LEAVE IT A COUPLE OF DAYS and have another pre-sale so that we can get good seats.

A random 2nd date popping up and going on sale at half 12 or something is just stupid, it's impossible to get good seats unless you just happen to be on seetickets at that time.
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

2 nights 2 boxes

stick that on your spreadsheet
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

James T wrote:I didn't want this to happen but I can't really object or complain about it. There is a demand and it would be stupid for them not to add another.

The only thing I do heavily disagree with when ATP add these 2nd shows is they don't seem to care abotu the real fans enough to LEAVE IT A COUPLE OF DAYS and have another pre-sale so that we can get good seats.

A random 2nd date popping up and going on sale at half 12 or something is just stupid, it's impossible to get good seats unless you just happen to be on seetickets at that time.

I think the more dates, the better for the band! :D

Of course it will be personally disappointing for people who can't afford the extra time and money and of course people are going to have emotional reactions to the situation. We would all like events like these to be cheaper and fairer for all. And as for HOW promoters release tickets and add dates and all the lack of information, misinformation and nonsense that comes with it- well it sucks. It is not 'fan' friendly at all, but it's typical and common practice. A load of greedy marketing nonsense. It is the world we live in... :(
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I am so skint at the moment. I need a job so I can get tickets for the 2nd night (somehow). I have a lot fof time but I think it might be a hard task now to get good seats.

Seen as there are 2 dates there has to be 2 different encores!
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

if anyone's still looking for tickets, there are still a handful of tickets on the sides (on the RFH) site which (in my experience) are better than the back stalls ones available on See
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Jesus christ......will I have to go to both now?!?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Ah, fuckin' hell...If I'm already flying thousands of miles, I might as well do it.

My friend thought 2 nights would be overkill. What is she thinking?!?

R/S row FF seat 35
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

I love live at RAH and FUI. So maybe a live recording of these shows will make up disks 3-4 of the legacy edition?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I doubt it, the legacy edition is out the same month, there wouldn't be enough time to master the recording and stuff.
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

just purchased 2 tickets for the 2nd night. crazy how quick the first night is sold out.
however, what if I popped by in a wheelchair?..
"Thank you"
colin
New user

Post by colin »

James T wrote:I didn't want this to happen but I can't really object or complain about it. There is a demand and it would be stupid for them not to add another.

You're a real fan are you? So I'm not because I couldn't get a ticket for the first night? Entirely because the supposed information mailing list from Spz never sent me an email telling me despite being registered since its inception and despite when going to check if there was something wrong, to be told I am still registered.

I only found out about an hour ago because a friend of a friend mentioned these gigs.

So I'm not a real fan because I don't come on the boards? I used to years ago but because of work and family I generally don't have time and I rely on bands mailing lists. I was one of the first people on the board but I haven't been here for 6 or 7 years.

I'm not a real fan because I can't get on the internet during work hours?

It pisses me off when bands do this. I've got two really crap seats for my favourite band doing my favourite album of all time. I've been going to Spz shows since the first Glasgow one and from 1998 to 2001 I saw every single Spz show in the UK. I'm so obsessed by LAGWAFIS that I reckon I have probably listened to it at least once every day since it was released but that doesn't make me a fan.

I'm not angry at you James, I'm not angry at Spz, I'm angry at how these pissing things are organised.

Still, at least I'll be there.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Well I'm glad you're not angry at me because I never said anything to warrant it.

It annoys me that when they announce 2nd dates they don't have another few days off to tell people before they put it on sale so REAL FANS who missed out on the first night have a chance to get up and get good seats. Real fans LIKE YOU.

I like you made so much effort to ensure I knew you were a REAL FAN. I never doubted it. I hope you have a great time at the show and come to the forum meet-up beforehand.

Oh and to answer your question I am a real fan. I went down to London with no more than £5 on the off chance I would get into the AIR Studio show without winning a ticket. I got there 5 mintues before the show opened and actually managed to get in, which was good because I had been on a coach for 6 hours. I travelled down to London to get a wristband for the Rough Trade in-store, and then back down to go to it. I come on the site every day, I got pre-sale because of that, I got a good seat.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not sure if you were implying I was insulting anyone who hadn't got a ticket for the first date, I was insulting the way they added a second date before informing anyone it was going to go on sale. The only people on at that time were probably touts waiting for a 2nd date.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

What James is saying has nothing to do with a measurement of how big a fan you are.

He's just saying that it isn't exactly fair for ANYONE (unless you happen to be on the forum or the official site the moment they announced the second show) that the second show was announced and immediately put on sale. If the second show had been announced today, but the tickets would go on sale (for everyone) next week, then everyone who would want to go (regardless of how 'big' of a fan you are) would have time to prepare for it to go on sale.
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

You can't beat the system!
(but you can give it a damn good licking)
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

There was a official email sent to real fans
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

the chaos has engulfed me! I phoned seetickets and got a seat in front stalls row G.
Phone if you want a decent seat.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

James T wrote:Well I'm glad you're not angry at me because I never said anything to warrant it.

It annoys me that when they announce 2nd dates they don't have another few days off to tell people before they put it on sale so REAL FANS who missed out on the first night have a chance to get up and get good seats. Real fans LIKE YOU.

I like you made so much effort to ensure I knew you were a REAL FAN. I never doubted it. I hope you have a great time at the show and come to the forum meet-up beforehand.

Oh and to answer your question I am a real fan. I went down to London with no more than £5 on the off chance I would get into the AIR Studio show without winning a ticket. I got there 5 mintues before the show opened and actually managed to get in, which was good because I had been on a coach for 6 hours. I travelled down to London to get a wristband for the Rough Trade in-store, and then back down to go to it. I come on the site every day, I got pre-sale because of that, I got a good seat.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not sure if you were implying I was insulting anyone who hadn't got a ticket for the first date, I was insulting the way they added a second date before informing anyone it was going to go on sale. The only people on at that time were probably touts waiting for a 2nd date.

Any tattoos?
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Got a seat - at the second last show - right in the back row...centre!

How glad I was that the best seats in the house had been left :wink:

Now where are my binoculars...
O P 8
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

All these cats 8) going on about crap seats but IMHO there are no crap seats at the Royal Festival Hall. I've been to loads n' loads of gigs there and sat in many different seats and I can honestly say that the sound is fantastic in the whole place.

Now no insult to my fave band but they aint really that visual (discounting the lightshow). I've yet to see J with his foot on the monitor leaning into the front row and shaking hands with all the beautiful ladies, let alone turn around. This aint Primal Scream!(another fave band but for different reasons)
And the most I've heard J speak was at the Daniel Johnston gig.......... but I'm there for the music not a speech between each song.

This is going to be awsome and if you are at the back then you are gonna see (what there is to see) just fine. It's better than being at an outside gig with loads of stoners constantly walking in front of you and the sound blowing everywhere.
Worst backrow seats IMHO are at Hammersmith Apollo. You can hear cars on the Westway louder than the band.

When I saw Faust at the RFH I was more than halfway back and I could smell them. Mind you, they were setting fire to loads of stuff and amplifying a girder they were chainsawing but that's another story.

Big respect to all those travelling from abroad too. This is gonna be two nights to remember for a very long time.
BzaInSpace wrote:Got a seat - at the second last show - right in the back row...centre!

Hey Bza - you'll be closest to the bar, toilets and cloakroom (and most likely Sonic Boom) :D

Love n' Peace
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Besides wheelchair seating, the 2nd night is sold out according to seetickets. Looks like there are 4 seats in the back row of the balcony still available through the venue's website.
I think I feel it coming on
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

BzaInSpace wrote:Got a seat - at the second last show - right in the back row...centre!

The Breeze wrote:Hey Bza - you'll be closest to the bar, toilets and cloakroom (and most likely Sonic Boom) :D

Love n' Peace
Ha ha nice one, thanks a lot! The bar bit is especially pleasing...

(BTW - been a while has it not The Breeze? Good to see you are still out there...)

purespace wrote:Besides wheelchair seating, the 2nd night is sold out according to seetickets. Looks like there are 4 seats in the back row of the balcony still available through the venue's website.
Get in there...come and join the 'backseat posse'. I'll be the one wearing a jacket of mirrors and inevitably waving the whisky around

:shock:
O P 8
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

thanks fuck for the second night!!!! the world has a soul

i didnt get paid until monday and was well chuffed to score a seat in the rear stalls for the second night

im sure im not alone about dreaming of this sort of spiritualized concert for fucking years, at last the psychedelic orchestra gig! YES! and its LAGWAFIS !!!!
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

The Kwisatz Haderach wrote:thanks fuck for the second night!!!! the world has a soul

i didnt get paid until monday and was well chuffed to score a seat in the rear stalls for the second night

im sure im not alone about dreaming of this sort of spiritualized concert for fucking years, at last the psychedelic orchestra gig! YES! and its LAGWAFIS !!!!
You know, that's the kind of enthusiasm that made me join this board in the first place. Good on ya Kwisatz Haderach!
BzaInSpace wrote:
Ha ha nice one, thanks a lot! The bar bit is especially pleasing...

(BTW - been a while has it not The Breeze? Good to see you are still out there..
Thank Bza, I've been observing for a few years (I like to watch) but not posting due to those job and family type commitments that get in the way of a good chat on the forum. It's nice to be remembered tho' :D
I remember some good stuff happening on this forum such as;
[*]26$ daily essays and music debates
[*]Sonic spending a lot of time answering queries then getting eggy and not coming back for ages. I can't remember what got him so rialled? (Man, that Spectrum meet Captain Memphis is awsome! Jonny Ace just grows and grows and grows on you....)
[*]Muscles review of Amazing Grace. Ha, ha, ha! In fact, I was listening to AG and Let it Come Down on the way into work this morning, really enjoying them and thinking about how well that they've both aged.

The only sadness in my life is that Battlestar Galactica is over (but what a way to go out!)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

whatever happened to $26?
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

angelsighs wrote:whatever happened to $26?
Credit crunch?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

angelsighs wrote:whatever happened to $26?
Sadly his day job got to be so demanding he couldn't justify being part of the set up, and at the end of last year he announced quietly he was withdrawing. That's after making noises about resigning and then being talked out of it several times, often by me.

I certainly miss him, from his pinpoint arguments to his superior put downs to the 4000+ word emails I'd exchange with the guy where we'd agree an almost nothing.

Maybe one day he'll return but I doubt it.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

That's a shame. Although he was quite opinionated and I didn't agree with everything he said his posts were always knowledgable and very articulate.
squire23
Known user

Post by squire23 »

Sweet as a nut! Rang at 10.15 the morning the tickets went on sale & they were just finishing selling the 1st night so the girl offered me my choice of any tickets on the 2nd night. Got offered the 1st & 2nd rows but decided to go a bit back into the 6th row cause my wife is coming & I don't think she'd be too impressed being right in front of the wall of noise. Bring on Cop Shoot Cop!
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

squire23 wrote:Sweet as a nut! Rang at 10.15 the morning the tickets went on sale & they were just finishing selling the 1st night so the girl offered me my choice of any tickets on the 2nd night. Got offered the 1st & 2nd rows but decided to go a bit back into the 6th row cause my wife is coming & I don't think she'd be too impressed being right in front of the wall of noise. Bring on Cop Shoot Cop!
It is a dodgy number the Cop Shoot Cop. I'll never forget the day i forced 6 of my non-spiritualized-liking friends to listen that in full. just a room with people full of buckets staring at the floor, not knowing what to say........ :lol: