CERVANTES CLUB MALAGA SPAIN

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

tramboy
Known user

CERVANTES CLUB MALAGA SPAIN

Post by tramboy »

Anyone here from the UK going to the Malaga show at the end of May?
Flying out of Manchester/Liverpool/NorthWest - as of yet undecided.
Ryanair looks cheapest and best flight time there and back.

Tickets are £22 or there abouts, the venue is seated.

http://www.teatrocervantes.com/en/gener ... taculo/711
simonkeeping
Known user

Re: CERVANTES CLUB MALAGA SPAIN

Post by simonkeeping »

I'd love to go but couldnt work out, is this a festival show or a full on gig?
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

I paid for a seat ages ago for this gig (btw way Simon, i don't think it's part of a festival) but tickets look to be selling slowly for this. Venue looks amazing...hope it doesn't get cancelled as flights and hotels already booked up.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
tramboy
Known user

Post by tramboy »

Well - that thought crossed my mind also as I had tickets for Bologna last year, almost to the day and that was cancelled last minute. We were there for a few days, booked the break around the show and the Malaga show serves the same.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Maybe this time it won't get cancelled. I hope it doesn't but if it does I'll do the biggest ever pub crawl seen in Malaga... 8)
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

The Jig wrote:Maybe this time it won't get cancelled 8)

It didn't and what a gig it was. Pity it wasn't even half full.

Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Edit.
Last edited by Shaun on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Edit.
Last edited by Shaun on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

The second is a great shot! wish it was high res.

must have been a fab show.

M
Design.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Nice shots mate! Sounds like a great gig! How long did they play for?
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

It was a two hour show, same set as leamington spa. Highlights, were the A & E songs which I always feel sound better live (acoustic or electric) than on the album, the Repeater-ish opening guitar played by Jason before Oh baby, the unexpected crescendo just before the call & response part of I think I'm in love and then taking Take Me To The Other Side right down as low as it could go before building it right back up to a fantastic climax. Also, I caught the gospel singers playing air guitar to Come Together at one point, showing how much they are really into the music and such an integral part of the band. I don't think you ever got that with the London Community Gospel Choir! A fantastic venue, an appreciative if sparse crowd and another great performance from a band bang on fire right now. A friend of mine from San Sebastian who had never seen spiritualized before said "I love the way they turn a big noise into something beautifull". And there ain't an ounce of fat on that statement.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Edit.
Last edited by Shaun on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Edit.
Last edited by Shaun on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Jig,

Just small. But what a fabulous venue wish I could have gone.

sigh with the poster...

M
Design.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

I didn't realise you were there Jig. I ended up going too. I booked a last minute flight the night before and it certainly ended up being worth it. Beautiful venue, like you said, and fantastic gig yet again. Stayed for three days in Spain and the wetaher was great. Swimming in the sea and driving through the Sierra Nevada's at sunset- what could be better? Both Spaceman and Spz Kevin recommended the Picasso museum in Malaga and that turned out to be well worth the visit too. Lots and lots of stuff I hadn't seen before from both early and late periods of his work.
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

sunny wrote:I didn't realise you were there Jig. I ended up going too. I booked a last minute flight the night before and it certainly ended up being worth it. Beautiful venue, like you said, and fantastic gig yet again. Stayed for three days in Spain and the wetaher was great. Swimming in the sea and driving through the Sierra Nevada's at sunset- what could be better? Both Spaceman and Spz Kevin recommended the Picasso museum in Malaga and that turned out to be well worth the visit too. Lots and lots of stuff I hadn't seen before from both early and late periods of his work.
Yeah it was good. I thought Malaga was a very nice city to visit, hadn't been there before. The airport was not too bad. I got on one of those tour buses and got off at the highest point of the tour and walked around the old walls, some splendid views from up there. Thought about going to the Picasso museum but didn't in the end. I thought the Bodega Bar (???) was great. The weather was just hot all the time i was over there.

Did you see the painting on the ceiling at the venue ?? Looked amazing.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Do you mean Bodega El Pimpi? The local celeb spot...it's cool!
Yeah, agreed on the ceiling painting- fantastic. I want one in every venue from now on!
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

I'm so disappointed I missed this. Was on holiday in Spain at the time, down near Gibraltar. After ruling out various baby sitter options I'd kind of put it out of my mind, but my Girlfriend encouraged me to go off any way, but then a poorly baby, and time got the better of me. It was 8.00pm and I didn't have any directions and I imagined driving round Malaga for two hours without finding the venue. I wimped out basically. :cry: Sigh.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

clewsr wrote:I'm so disappointed I missed this. Was on holiday in Spain at the time, down near Gibraltar. After ruling out various baby sitter options I'd kind of put it out of my mind, but my Girlfriend encouraged me to go off any way, but then a poorly baby, and time got the better of me. It was 8.00pm and I didn't have any directions and I imagined driving round Malaga for two hours without finding the venue. I wimped out basically. :cry: Sigh.
That's such a shame! Don't mean to rub it in, but the old part of Malaga is tiny and anyone could have directed you to the venue.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

sunny wrote:Do you mean Bodega El Pimpi? The local celeb spot
Yes it must be, i wasn't sure of the name. It was strange, i thought i was going to be walking into a small church. I didn't realise it was a celeb spot until i walked in and then noticed all those photos.

clewsr such a shame and hope your baby is better now. As sunny said, old city is really compact and despite a lot of small side streets it is quite easy.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

thanks guys...unsurprisingly that doesn't make me feel any better! I may have seen them 40 odd times, but that gig, and one back in 1992 in Northampton that I inexplicably failed to attend will always be the ones that got away! Very disappointing. Must try harder Clews.