Seetickets Worries

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

purespace
Known user

Seetickets Worries

Post by purespace »

Has anyone received tickets from them yet? The experiences posted on independent review sites with this company posting tickets late or not at all have me quite worried . . . :?
I think I feel it coming on
Shaun
Known user

Re: Seetickets Worries

Post by Shaun »

I'd be very surprised if anyone has received their tickets through them already. If you need an address in the UK to have them sent to, if they don't do International WillCall, you can use mine.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Info has been posted under the news section regarding Seetickets international orders, thanks Spazed. And thanks Jig, your offer is much appreciated :)
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Now you have to make sure to bring your ID, the credit card you purchased them with, your reference number, and (in my case) the email sent to you saying they will be available for pickup. hahah.
jerrypie
New user

Post by jerrypie »

hello
since i did not exactly understand the announcment for RF tickets...
i bought and got an email that tickets will be send to my address
i live in Europe and outside UK customers had no option for pick up at venue as I wanted in the 1st place.
do you know if I have to communicate with see tickets or anyway all outside UK orders will have to be picked on venue the date of the gig?
thanks a lot
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

HOW TO CONTACT US

To contact us about an existing order, please use the contact details below:

If you have booked online or by phone for a non West End theatre event, please contact
0871 230 0010
Email our customer service team

If you booked by phone specifically for West End Theatre, please contact
0870 895 5505
theatrecustomers@seetickets.com

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK

If you've got any ideas or suggestions about how we can improve our service we'd like to hear them, so use this page to tell us what you think about See. You can write to See in general or you can contact some of the team directly.

feedback@seetickets.com - use this email for pretty much anything you want to tell us.

----------------------------------------------

i'd try the email at the bottom.

or trace them here

http://www.seetickets.com/see/content_tracker.asp

or general customer services

http://www.seetickets.com/see/content_c ... rvices.asp
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I got an email from seetickets and Spz management regarding this. Seetickets stated that they would send my tickets overseas "once they receive them from the promoter" meaning that they do not actually print them, weird? Spz management stated that the promoter, ATP, stated Seetickets policy is to not ship international orders to avoid fraud and that international orders will be held at will call for pickup the evening of the performance. Here's what seetickets sent me (after I received the will call info from Spz Management):

Hi

We should be able to send the tickets to you but because we sell on
behalf of the event organisers we have to wait to receive the tickets
from them before we can despatch them to customers. This will likely not
be until much nearer the time of the event.

Kind Regards

Customers Services
See(tm)

My wish is for them to just hold both of my orders at will call as seetickets mails tickets a week before the event, not good for the stress level.
jerrypie
New user

Post by jerrypie »

thanks a lot for the info
I only got the email after the purchase and that they will comunicate since it's an international order.
They didn't have the choice of mail or pick up at venue.
I will book a flight to London, hotel and stuff and don't want to be in A(gony) and E(cstasy) when the tickets will be shiped and if they will arrive on time!!
and since all this thing about ebay and reselling and stuff what more logic than the tickets to be available only at the venue at the credit card holder..
hope we don't have any problems and enjoy the greatest album of all times live
Take good care of it
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Just warning people about the utterly shambolic service Seetickets provide. It now looks highly likely I will be unable to go to the gig. I contacted Seetickets who took over a week to respond and said I might not get my tickets until 48 hours before the event. That means I can't pass on my spares to people here. They also have a 'no returns' policy so I may be stuck with tickets potentially no one can use and I can't get a refund.

Seetickets are now officially the worst agency I have ever dealt with. Be warned.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

48 hours - wtf?

Runcie that's total nonsense...
O P 8
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Jerry-

I also was not given the choice to pickup the tickets at the venue. However, I contacted them regarding this, explained that I would be traveling from the states to the show, and said I would feel much safer if they didn't send the tickets and they responded after a few days telling me I could pick the tickets up from the venue. I can only imagine they will do the same for you.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Picking up at the venue doesn't work for me as I live 200 miles away! Basically I stand to lose over £130 because they can't be sure of sending me the tickets in time to send them to friends who want them. Just to remind everyone that the box office at RFH sent their tickets out within 2 days. We are now 2 months later and Seetickets say they won't send them out until 10 days before the gig, possibly just 48 hours.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Hey Runcie, If you want I could pick up your tickets as Im just down the road from the venue? i don't know if that helps you or if See tickets can get there sorry arse in gear to sorting that out? Same goes for anyone else who is stuck in the same situation.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Thanks Simon. I might just take that route. That'll mean you distributing them for me though, but I might take you up on that!

Post script - Seetickets say only I can pick them up. I can't quite believe these people.
thesubterreneans
New user

Post by thesubterreneans »

i groaned inwardly when i saw seetickets were the agents for this. they are not only utterly shambolic but totally unhelpful.
they failed to deliver my tickets for one of the Union Chapel gigs last year, I phoned them on the day and they said I could not pick them up from the venue and all but said it was my fault. numerous emails complaining and asking for my money back failed to elicit even an acknowledgement.

i vowed never to use them again.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

being that so many are coming in from around the planet for these shows and unwittingly stepped into the puddle that is Seetickets, is there anything that Spz managment can do to head this off at the pass and get Seetickets to send all orders out now? Tickets are already in hand through other ticketing agencies for Christ sake.

I too have asked Seetickets via email to hold both nights' tickets at the venue as we're coming from the states, but it seems that's not worked for others in the past. It is still quite early and I don't think that Spazed99 wants to give his mobile out to all of us if we get there to find no tickets waiting :cry: It's far to early for me to start walking the boards wringing my hands.
jerrypie
New user

Post by jerrypie »

I am still in a bit worried of all this thing
I am coming to London from Athens, will pay enough money on planes and hotels and at least I want to know if I am going to get my tickets...
i got 2 different replies from them.One that The tickets cannot be sent to Greece due to some restrictions and then If you go through the automatic reply system they inform me that my tickets will be send prior (???) to the show.
i suppose the spl management can pressure them at least to assure that all of us will have the tickets we paid waiting for us at the venue
And i learned from another friend that she had also a bad transaction with SeeTickets.
That don't make me feel relaxed at all
scarecrowz
Known user

Post by scarecrowz »

runcible wrote:Just warning people about the utterly shambolic service Seetickets provide. It now looks highly likely I will be unable to go to the gig. I contacted Seetickets who took over a week to respond and said I might not get my tickets until 48 hours before the event. That means I can't pass on my spares to people here. They also have a 'no returns' policy so I may be stuck with tickets potentially no one can use and I can't get a refund.

Seetickets are now officially the worst agency I have ever dealt with. Be warned.
My RFH 12-10-09 tickets - bought through Seetickets 18-03-09,may not receive until 48 hours before the event...

My Sage 19-12-09 tickets - bought through the Sage 29-05-09, arrived today

Seetickets = fuckwits
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

runcible wrote:Just warning people about the utterly shambolic service Seetickets provide. It now looks highly likely I will be unable to go to the gig. I contacted Seetickets who took over a week to respond and said I might not get my tickets until 48 hours before the event. That means I can't pass on my spares to people here. They also have a 'no returns' policy so I may be stuck with tickets potentially no one can use and I can't get a refund.

Mark, if some "moron" has said to you that you may not get tickets until 48hrs before the show then shout the following at them "Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982"...Seetickets have a right to supply you with tickets within a reasonable time for you to get too the event, under this act.
If for any reason you don't believe that 48hrs shy of 7 months (appalling!) is reasonable you need to tell them so.

My own tracker still states tickets will be dispatched between the 21/09/09 & 05/10/09; however due to the fact that 7 months will have passed from order and life/work arrangements change (naturally)...I may be nowhere near my non-current address to collect these tickets.
If that's the case I'll still be making the journey to London but the emphasis will be on introducing my new Louisville Slugger down Soho sq.

If they start any pash about there terms and conditions tell them clearly that "there was no requirement made for you to read them"...you ticked a box which is entirely different from being in reciept of a copy of the t&c's.

When are you planning on journeying to London? This may be the Friday before, right? :wink: So you'd expect your tickets by the Thursday at the latest. Anyone remember a notcie that said tickets may not be sent until 48Hrs before the show prior to entering there card details?

Ach I dunno just annoy them, that's all I'm saying...If mine dont land before October I'll be doing some annoying too...

Best,

Riki Kaka
Shoulders back, smash it
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I spoke to them the other day. They have backtracked somewhat - 48 hours is 'very unlikely' and I should get my tickets at least a week before then. They also said if people had written permission from me they could collect the tickets in person rather than me having to do so. So let's see. I am still hoping to go but a tricky work situation means it may not be possible. If I go I'll come on the Monday and go back next day as I try and spend as little time in London as possible these days!

I still find it weird that they could take so long when the RFH box office sent theirs out in less than 72 hours.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Wow! And here I thought Ticketmaster were bad.
This is horrible. Especially for those traveling a long distance to get there.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

runcible wrote:
I still find it weird that they could take so long when the RFH box office sent theirs out in less than 72 hours.
Nowt weird about it, Mark. Even at the pitiful interest rates currently being experienced a profit is still just that.
I'm sure See will dress it up as a way to evade fradulent purchasers i.e. touts

Advance sales of tickets in the UK was ~1.4bn* GBP last year. I'm not regular maths wizz but there must be a "make" on that wonga. Anyway, isn't it interesting how you are getting a variety of different stories. Take notes/times/dates this can all be used as evidence (for a refund) should you not make it; just say that you were fed up being fcuked about etc, etc.

Still, you've gotta be there.
Shoulders back, smash it
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Having re-read the news section re Seetickets, I'm not going to worry anymore. However, that does not help non-international orders :?

"We are aware of some concern about the distribution of tickets, especially from those outside the UK. The promoter, ATP, are also aware of this and have said:

See(tickets) have a policy that all international tickets cant be mailed out as to avoid fraud. They will all be held at will call at the venue that our staff will be looking after.

Hope that puts some minds at rest."
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

purespace wrote:
"We are aware of some concern about the distribution of tickets, especially from those outside the UK. The promoter, ATP, are also aware of this and have said:

See(tickets) have a policy that all international tickets cant be mailed out as to avoid fraud. They will all be held at will call at the venue that our staff will be looking after.

Hope that puts some minds at rest."
Which gently contravenes this;
SEEtickets wrote:I live outside the UK. Will you mail my tickets to me?

It is not always possible to post tickets overseas. You will need to collect them at the venue, if:
- the tickets would normally be despatched by secure mail (£4.80 transaction fee), or
- the event is less than 20 days away.

In these circumstances, or if you have requested to collect your tickets from the venue, they are available for collection one hour prior to the start of the performance. Please take the card you booked with, and quote your reference number when you collect your tickets.
found here http://www.seetickets.com/see/content_faqs.asp#12

I don't remember reading anything about tickets being dispatched via secure mail (in addition haven't been charged a 4.80GBP transaction fee as it was a 2.25GBP transaction fee) and they were booked over 20 days prior to the show.

purespace, what transaction fee did you or the other overSEEs guys pay?

Beats,

Stuart
Shoulders back, smash it
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Stuart, yes I read that same thing on Seetickets. It seems that don't follow their own policies. I was charged a transaction fee of 2.25 GBP for 2 tickets
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Ach the whole thing schtinks to be honest.

However we'll all get our tickets one way or the other and after the show this debarcle will just be a distant blip.
Shoulders back, smash it
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Haven't been on the forum for a while and this whole Seetickets thing is pretty woeful. I bought 3 tickets to the first RFH gig when I was out in San Fran back in March in a mad panic thinking it was going to be a one off gig that was not to be repeated and, due to this, I didn't check out the fact that you could get tickets direct from the venue. It now turns out I'm prob going to be back in San Fran when this gig is on and, judging from Runcible and others on here, it looks like the chances of me getting my tickets and passing them onto my friends are going to be slim. I've never had a problem getting tickets well in advance for other gigs.I understand the whole "not wanting the tickets going to touts" approach but, in the end, its the real fans who luck out once again.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone