Cheval Sombre Featuring Sonic Boom

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

ABOCA
Known user

Cheval Sombre Featuring Sonic Boom

Post by ABOCA »

A lovely chilled out set last night by Cheval Sombre, accompanied by Sonic Boom, as well as Dean & Britta, at the St Giles-In-The-Fields Church. I wish it had gone on a bit longer though, as I was just getting absorbed in a beautiful rendition of It’s A Shame, when the set came to an end.

Dean & Britta headlined afterwards to round off another thoughtfully constructed Sonic Cathedral event. Though sitting on those pews all evening reminded me why I stopped going to church.
tarzan_undies
Known user

Re: Cheval Sombre Featuring Sonic Boom

Post by tarzan_undies »

Great venue for this event. The lighting, although basic was perfect - the saying 'less is more' sprung to mind!
I went really late on after going to a work's do so missed Cheval Sombre. I had to fork out £15 just to see D+B, which in retrospect I didn't mind as they were amazing. I've seen Dean in all of his musical guises from Galaxie 500 back in the late 1980's, Luna and now Dean and Britta.
The set list contained material from all periods of his work and all fitted together perfectly, stand out tracks for me were Snowstorm, Blue Thunder and Hear the Wind Blow.
An emotional (for me anyway) encore of Ceremony was a perfect remedy for the pin and needles I got after sitting on a church pew for an hour plus! I too now know why I don't go to church!
Every time I've seen Dean live I've always thought what an amzing muscian he is, this event bolstered this belief!
porkchop
Known user

Re: Cheval Sombre Featuring Sonic Boom

Post by porkchop »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZe6cHxi4KI

Looks/sounds like it was amazing.