Sage Gig

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

n1alist
Known user

Sage Gig

Post by n1alist »

I cannot belive no one has posted anything about this gig.
I may not add a lot from what the Barbican audience said but I'd like to offer my personal view on the gig.
it was nothing short of fucking spellbinding.
I've seen the band since '95 onwards - and there have been some truly tremendous nights - in numerous venues around the country - but this was unique.
the sound was fucking brilliant and I feel for the poeple at the RFH as I read their reviews with trepidation for future concerts.
howeever, I have to say how i have never mefore been so moved by such musical brailliance (individually contributinh to a whole) to such an emotional state - in this instance it truly was brilliant.

I would just like the moderators to pass on my immense thanks to J and everyone who made it so fucking special.

it was pure rock and roll heaven.

Nialist

PS - thanks moderators for the last year of great board - merry crimbo
sensitized
New user

Re: Sage Gig

Post by sensitized »

There are some posts about the Sage gig on the 'Woe is me' thread.

But I agree with your comments, as I say elsewhere it was the gig of my lifetime, and I'm a bit surprised there are not more comments about it.

I doubt I will go to another concert that comes close to that night at the Sage.
charles w
Known user

Post by charles w »

I started the 'Woe is me' thread and you wouldn't believe how it saddens me that I missed a concert that will probably never be bettered in my lifetime. Still gutted about it one week on.
sensitized
New user

Post by sensitized »

Yes, I can only sympathise. Has anyone who couldn't get there cos of the snow managed to get a refund?

How good it would be if they could do a repeat at the Sage in the summer.
I would gladly pay to see it all again!
Prince Bishop
Known user

Post by Prince Bishop »

When we rang up the sage on the night they said we wouldn't get a refund off them, but they advised to try the promotions company. We actually managed to see the show from home of the brave onwards so we haven't tried.

I'd love it if next time they play in newcastle they do it at the sage, rather than at the academy where I saw them last year. It just felt so much more special and the sound was immense.
sensitized
New user

Post by sensitized »

Yes, we saw them at the Academy on the A&E tour.
Obviously a different type of gig compared to playing Ladies & Gentlemen live in entirety, but the sound quality at the Sage is second to none I've experienced.
Hopefully they will play the Sage on the next album tour.
stevelee101
Known user

Post by stevelee101 »

I am, generally speaking, not a big fan of sitting down at gigs. That said, having a pew really suited the Acoustic Mainlines shows and sitting kind of made the recent Ladies and Gentlemen gigs seem a bit special too. And another thing: sitting down seems to mean LESS F***ING WANKERS WHO TURN UP SOLELY TO CHAT TO THEIR FRIENDS IN VERY LOUD VOICES ABOUT NOTHING WHATSOEVER AND SPEND THE REST OF THE GIG TEXTING OR FILMING ON THEIR F***ING STUPID PHONES! :evil:
Phew, I feel better after that. Happy new year to everyone!
majortom
New user

Post by majortom »

gutted not 2 have made it 2 Sage but Acoustic Mainline shows were best ive ever seen,especially E'BURGH,,cant believe Scotlands not getting the show,,would deffo be Floating & Spaced!!!
majortom
New user

Post by majortom »

stevelee101 wrote:I am, generally speaking, not a big fan of sitting down at gigs. That said, having a pew really suited the Acoustic Mainlines shows and sitting kind of made the recent Ladies and Gentlemen gigs seem a bit special too. And another thing: sitting down seems to mean LESS F***ING WANKERS WHO TURN UP SOLELY TO CHAT TO THEIR FRIENDS IN VERY LOUD VOICES ABOUT NOTHING WHATSOEVER AND SPEND THE REST OF THE GIG TEXTING OR FILMING ON THEIR F***ING STUPID PHONES! :evil:
Phew, I feel better after that. Happy new year to everyone!
did they play the gig in the order of the tracklisting????
majortom
New user

Post by majortom »

never mind the summer,,would gladly pay 2 see it anytime as long as i can get there,,true GENIUS!!!
sensitized
New user

Post by sensitized »

They played Ladies and Gentlemen in order of the track list.
Out of Sight and Silent Night as encore.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

maybe just wishful thinking... but i wouldnt bet against there being maybe one more ladies and gents show.. you never know.. the acoustic mainlines tour kept getting extended, and the A&E tour kept getting dates added too..

I certainly would buy a ticket straight away. i'm kicking myself that i went to the first night only, after all the glowing reports on here...
dobergoose
New user

Post by dobergoose »

What I saw of the gig was great, my 'friend' who's car we were using turned up 3 hours late (with no valid excuse) to pick me up, I say pick me up, I ended up driving the whole journey south from Glasgow. Enjoyed what I saw but get wound up when I think of what I missed all because my friend was a selfish cock that day.
chester19760
New user

Post by chester19760 »

This was a truley un forgetable gig and was well worth it took us 2 and a half hours to get ther and i only live about 30 miles away. Was thinking about turning round half way there it was that bad so glad we didnt. Eventualy got there about half 8 only missed 1 song so that was good. The sage is an amazing venue and the sound was out ov this world almost had a tear in my eye when they did silent night. Was hoping for a bit space man 3 for encor but not to worry. It was only the second time i have seen them (first been at the academy the year beffor) but hope to get to a lot more shows.
charles w
Known user

Post by charles w »

sensitized wrote:Yes, I can only sympathise. Has anyone who couldn't get there cos of the snow managed to get a refund?

How good it would be if they could do a repeat at the Sage in the summer.
I would gladly pay to see it all again!
I had an email conversation with the General Director of the Sage. They were also the promoters of the event. To cut a long story they have refused to refund me for my two tickets. Bastard weather. I'm still peed off and £70 down. And I hate the Police for not letting me on the motorway when I could see people on it who were travelling slowly but safely.