What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

purespace
Known user

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by purespace »

shalloboi wrote:
purespace wrote:
shalloboi wrote:
i just realized that the tickets they're offering on their crowdsurge site tomorrow are presale tickets-

http://www.crowdsurge.com/MazzyStar/
has anyone used crowd surge before? some mixed reviews out there but thinking about jumping on the Detroit presale
i've never used it before. there was only a $4 service fee, though, which i appreciated since the tickets themselves were $35.

i haven't heard much about crowdsurge, either- what are some of the downsides to it?
seems they have some trouble getting tickets into the hands of the purchaser in time for the show. But Mazzy Star tickets through Crowd Surge are will call, so I went ahead and bought mine this morning for Detroit. Thanks for the heads up on the presale :)
I think I feel it coming on
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

will call wasn't an option for my tickets. only snail mail- oh boy. at least there's a number to call and a confirmation number...
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Sitting on the subway on the way to see j and co at the paradise in an hour or two!! Ahhh so excited!!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

roger waters THE WALL on Monday. Can't get enough of that...
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Hofstadter wrote:Sitting on the subway on the way to see j and co at the paradise in an hour or two!! Ahhh so excited!!
Cool - have a good one!
O P 8
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

BzaInSpace wrote:
Hofstadter wrote:Sitting on the subway on the way to see j and co at the paradise in an hour or two!! Ahhh so excited!!
Cool - have a good one!
It was great! See other thread for report from ro and I!

This week:
Pure X @ the Sinclair
Deerhunter @ the Royale

October:
Cosmonauts - sold out, but it's right next to my dorm so I will see if I can scalp tixx or something.
Disappears and Weekend @ the Church of Boston - This is 21+, trying to see if I can get in via helping one of the openers load-in or something like that though. Really want to see this.

November:
My Bloody Valentine @ the House of Blues
Wooden Shjips & Cave @ Great Scott
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I stopped by the Crystal Ballroom on my way home today and bought my Mazzy Star tickets (Nov. 3).

I also have: Gary Clark Jr. on Oct. 4 (my son really wanted to see him so I'm taking him and his friend) and The Black Crowes on Dec. 6
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I have The Black Angels in Glasgow tonight... Last minute decision. Not seen them before so hoping for good things.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Have a good one Laz. Definitely miss the Glasgow nights out - especially at the weekends!
O P 8
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

this was just announced last week- http://pitchfork.com/news/52264-stars-o ... ary-shows/

now, this is the type of festival i could go to for four days straight- i'm a little bummed there's no multi passes for it, but i suppose it's technically not a festival- just a bunch of shows.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

shalloboi wrote:this was just announced last week- http://pitchfork.com/news/52264-stars-o ... ary-shows/

now, this is the type of festival i could go to for four days straight- i'm a little bummed there's no multi passes for it, but i suppose it's technically not a festival- just a bunch of shows.
My God, I don't think I know anyone on that line-up Shalloboi...is that bad :oops: . The odd name looks kinda familiar but I couldn't name anything that any of them had recorded.

I've got Fuck Buttons tomorrow night. My next door neighbour is the editor of Clash Magazine (and Drowned In Sound before that) and has got me on the guest list for the show as well as the Carlton Melton/White Manna double bill next week :D 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Gnod touring in Oct/Nov, dates here

http://ingnodwetrust.tumblr.com/
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

angelsighs wrote:Gnod touring in Oct/Nov, dates here

Angelsighs - I see you posted about Destruction Unit a while back in the "what are you listening to now" thread. Just got into them myself. Totally blew my head off on first listen. They're playing some UK dates next month. Got tickets booked for the Old Blue Last in Shoreditch on 23rd Oct. More listings on their site, plus a head melting live video of Night Loner.

I'm hooked.

http://dunit.ascetism.com/

Gigs for me:
Destruction Unit - Old Blue Last - 23rd Oct
Soundheads (aka LOOP) - Netil House - 8th Nov
Wooden Shjips - Scala - 10th Dec

I'm a little bit excited.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

johnnyboy wrote:
angelsighs wrote:Gnod touring in Oct/Nov, dates here

Angelsighs - I see you posted about Destruction Unit a while back in the "what are you listening to now" thread. Just got into them myself. Totally blew my head off on first listen. They're playing some UK dates next month. Got tickets booked for the Old Blue Last in Shoreditch on 23rd Oct. More listings on their site, plus a head melting live video of Night Loner.

I'm hooked.
yup same here they really made an impression on me straight away too! I did check for tourdates but there's none in my area unfortunately
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

a bunch it turns out-

october- all at the empty bottle
implodes
crystal stilts
thee oh sees

november-
my bloody valentine (shame it's at the aragon- which might as well be a beautiful cavern)
mazzy star- the vic

december-
grouper- constellation
stars of the lid- lincoln hall

the rest of the year is definitely all mapped out. the weekend night show ban holds as well (except for grouper, which is on friday the 13th- but i think it should be a safe bet- it's not like it'll be a boozy, rowdy crowd or anything).
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Scanners this evening.
The Orb on the 19th (25th anniversary tour)
Neil Halstead w/ Rachel Goswell 24th.

Oh, how I love living here. Music again!!!

B,

M
Design.
mattrawsy
New user

Post by mattrawsy »

I'm new on here, used to post on here about 5 years ago. So, Hi!

Some good gigs coming up in Manchester...

Tonight 04/10 - Cult Of Dom Keller & The Janitors at The Roadhouse
07/10 - Holydrug Couple - Gullivers
06/11 - Jacco Gardner - The Castle
09/11 - The Lucid Dream - Gullivers
RoboHobo
Known user

Post by RoboHobo »

24/10 Lanterns on the Lake - Oxford

I didn't know about The Orb so I might have to go to that. Am excited about the possibility. Thanks, Modlab.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

RoboHobo wrote:24/10 Lanterns on the Lake - Oxford

I didn't know about The Orb so I might have to go to that. Am excited about the possibility. Thanks, Modlab.

Not a problem. It's going to be quite interesting. Special guests and 6 hours long.

:)

M
Design.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Mattrawsey.

Welcome to the forum. I missed Holydrug Couple due to work, any good ? many show up ?

I will be at Jacco Gardener all being well, have to miss the Lucid Dream gig as Im in Germany that weekend. They always seem to play when I'm not about !!
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Oh , I was at Cult Of Dom Keller/Janitors gig as well. Thought the Janitors were great, Dom keller were decent but I wasnt blown away.

Dead meadow tickets just purchased.

Other things booked include Neutral Milk Hotel next May, cant wait for that.

This year still got White hills, Peter Gabriel, Dead Skeletons, White Denim, Low, Mark Lanegan, Television and Kurt Vile to look forward to. Oh and Endless Boogie and Mugstar in Preston Sunday :)
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Oh , I was at Cult Of Dom Keller/Janitors gig as well. Thought the Janitors were great, Dom keller were decent but I wasnt blown away.

Dead meadow tickets just purchased.

Other things booked include Neutral Milk Hotel next May, cant wait for that.

This year still got White hills, Peter Gabriel, Dead Skeletons, White Denim, Low, Mark Lanegan, Television and Kurt Vile to look forward to. Oh and Endless Boogie and Mugstar in Preston Sunday :)
Just rubbing my eyes here - Endless Boogie are playing Preston on a Sunday night!
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Got my Roadburn tickets for next April. Anyone else into 3 days of sludge psychedelic rock? The Heads playing 3 nights running tipped the scales for me although I always hear great reports of this set up and the venue is fantastic.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Roadburn is a festival I've always wanted to try too. a lot of the lineup often seems a bit metally for me but still much to enjoy. I see Magma are playing- now that should be interesting!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Tickets bought for:

Primal Scream
The Orb playing 'Adventures Beyond... and UFOrb'. Bit concerned that the blurb on the venue's website says they will be playing a 90min set :shock: Surely it should be 3-4 hours.
Shellac
Yo La Tengo
Rocket From The Crypt
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats
Wooden Shjips

Probables/Possibles:
Masaki Batoh
Gary War
No Joy
Public Service Broadcasting
The Necks
Pere Ubu
White Denim
PINS
King Khan and the Shrines ( I will definitely be hitting this but it's not 'til next April!)
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

In light of all the late night/mid-week gigs conversation....I have a couple upcoming shows that I am getting excited about. AND...neither of these venues will go any later later than 11:30pm - 12am. :wink:

11/03: Mazzy Star - 1st show of their first tour in 17 years!
12/06: The Black Crowes

On Nov. 4 Tame Impala are playing a "limited ticket/day of show only" gig, which my son is super desperate to see. I'm going to take him down to see if we can bag a couple tickets. I remember those feelings as a kid of desperately wanting to see a show. I told him to not expect getting tickets but, we'll try.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Finally got round to getting my ticket for Low at the Brudenell in Leeds. I was really pleased until I noticed I'd missed getting one for Shellac. That totally ruined my day. :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Pre Xmas Update
Low (Liverpool), Dead Skeletons/Follakzoid(Liverpool), White Denim(Manchester), Dead meadow(Manchester), Mark Lanegan (Manchester), Television(Manchester), Kurt Vile(Manchester), Wooden Shjips at a venue TBC.

Then ATP :D

Next year I have already booked Mogwai at the Bridgewater Hall and Neutral Milk Hotel at the Town Hall in Manchester
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

well my calendar is looking pretty bare at the mo- just Califone, ATP, then Chameleons Vox. nothing for 2014 yet.

still thinking about possibly getting my arse to Manc and seeing Television though.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Mazzy Star - TONIGHT!

:D
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

My Bloody Valentine thursday night... seems insane that I have this opportunity, super excited.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Wooden Shjips/Cave friday night.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

spzretent wrote:Wooden Shjips/Cave friday night.
Can't wait to hear about that! So psyched for the show in Allston next Tuesday!
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

spzretent wrote:Wooden Shjips/Cave friday night.
:mrgreen:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Just a few low gigs coming up then ATP, Slint, Neutral Milk Hotel...

If anyone is at Low in Leeds/Liverpool/Sheffield let me know and maybe I will see you around the bar.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

Mavis Staples..
tonight :D

wow, I don't have the new album but look at all the things she's chosen to work with:

One True Vine is a dark night of the soul, a journey from a search for faith to glorious belief. Starting with Alan Sparhawk from Low’s downtempo “One Holy Ghost” – a song that feels the presence of God without fully comprehending it – and moving through the Jeff Tweedy original “Jesus Wept,” a questioning of the darkness in the world, the album begins in the depths. Even the perfectly chosen Funkadelic classic “Can You Get to That?,” a high-flying respite in an otherwise subdued first half, is built around a question of the spirit. Then at mid-point, Nick Lowe’s “Far Celestial Shores” picks up the pace, and the album opens up like a parting of the clouds. The tempo kicks in with a tent-revival throb, and even when things slow for a moment with the greasy funk reworking of the Staple’s “I Like the Things About Me,” it’s a second half of light and redemption. Closing with the beautiful ballad “One True Vine” (the third of the Tweedy originals), the album ends on a note of salvation, with Mavis cradling the lyric like a prodigal son.

http://shorefire.com/index.php?a=bio&o=81

Funkadelic classic “Can You Get to That?,” !!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Also a great version of "what are they doing in heaven today" on there!
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

James T wrote:Also a great version of "what are they doing in heaven today" on there!
Ah, wonderful!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The things you do for family eh?!?! find myself unexpectedly going to see Beady Eye tomorrow night on a freebie with my cousin, who will be driving as well , I just have to appear and drink some Magners cider I have put aside , not sure what to expect :?
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Tomorrow: Cave/Wooden Shjips!!!!! :D 8) :D 8)
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Dead Skeletons at the end of the month... 8)
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Arcade Fire (The Reflektors) on Saturday..
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Second instalment of The Icarus Line in Sheffield next Monday. Can't wait.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

runcible wrote:Second instalment of The Icarus Line in Sheffield next Monday. Can't wait.
After reading your review the other day i'm sorry I passed up on their Dublin date a couple of weeks ago.

Oh yeah, Damo Suzuki on 19 Dec. added to the list. Should be the last gig of 2013 for me.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Dean Wareham I forgot about that, will be great. Might go to Loop in Leeds but it's the day between the end of atp and dean wareham in manchester so I might need a night home with the mrs to avoid any trouble. I am not the boss.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

That would be Queens Of The Stone Age on Sat. at the all new purpose built Glasgow Hydro, interested to see this place as it looks kinda `space age` against the Glasgow skyline, holds 10/12.000 and will be my only arena gig this year, possibly ever, f#ckin` Ticketmaster haven`t bothered to send my tickets yet even though I paid for them in May!!
To complicate matters , they were booked by a friend who isn`t going , who`s gone away for a few days with his wife, and ticket master will only deal with the card holder who made the booking, total pain in the arse, :x
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

The Twilight Sad two Saturdays in a row in December: 14th at the Liquid Rooms and 21st at King Tut's Wah Wah Hut. The latter gig is a full "Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters" show. Cannae wait :D
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Hofstadter wrote:Tomorrow: Cave/Wooden Shjips!!!!! :D 8) :D 8)
How were the Shjips? I'm going to see them at the Scala next month. Loving the new album.

I'm off to see LOOP (Soundheads gig) at Netil House on Monday night. For anyone else going they'll be playing two sets and the first one starts at 8pm. Get there eary!

Tonight is a free gig at my local pub (Railway Hotel, Southend On Sea) by Sigue Sigue Sputnik Electronic. God knows what that'll be like but my friends band is supporting and it is free. It could be a very surreal car crash of an evening.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

johnnyboy wrote:
Hofstadter wrote:Tomorrow: Cave/Wooden Shjips!!!!! :D 8) :D 8)
How were the Shjips? I'm going to see them at the Scala next month. Loving the new album.
I posted about it in the other thread, but I think I might have come off more negative then I intended - if you like the Shjips (which I certainly do :D ), you will have a great time!!!!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

mc wrote:The Twilight Sad two Saturdays in a row in December: 14th at the Liquid Rooms and 21st at King Tut's Wah Wah Hut. The latter gig is a full "Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters" show. Cannae wait :D
consider me jealous! one of my favourite bands of recent years. I considered getting my arse up to Scotland for one of those but it's just not practical. I think they are just doing a few gigs up there then recording the next album.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Umm soo my mom is visiting me this weekend and she told me she brought me a surprise... Turns out it's a note from Hope Sandoval saying there are two VIP tickets waiting for me at the Paradise (where Jason played in September) for the Mazzy Star/Psychic Ills show on Tuesday! Apparently the guy who cuts my mom's hair is good friends w Ms. Sandoval and my mom had him set it up... Super crazy coincidence, pretty excited!! Thought some of you might find that funny. Looking forward to it a lot.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Hofstadter wrote:Umm soo my mom is visiting me this weekend and she told me she brought me a surprise... Turns out it's a note from Hope Sandoval saying there are two VIP tickets waiting for me at the Paradise (where Jason played in September) for the Mazzy Star/Psychic Ills show on Tuesday! Apparently the guy who cuts my mom's hair is good friends w Ms. Sandoval and my mom had him set it up... Super crazy coincidence, pretty excited!! Thought some of you might find that funny. Looking forward to it a lot.
That's really cool, dude. Enjoy. Let us know what you think of the gig and if you meet Ms Sandoval. If so, I will be interested to hear what she is like. Personally, I think she is incredibly feminine and super sexy (always have since way back in 1990 or whatever year that first album came out). I would probably just be a huge dork of awkwardness if I met her. But, she is more my age than yours...so, I am sure you will play it much cooler than I would. :lol:
suskind
Known user

Post by suskind »

Hofstadter wrote:Umm soo my mom is visiting me this weekend and she told me she brought me a surprise... Turns out it's a note from Hope Sandoval saying there are two VIP tickets waiting for me at the Paradise (where Jason played in September) for the Mazzy Star/Psychic Ills show on Tuesday! Apparently the guy who cuts my mom's hair is good friends w Ms. Sandoval and my mom had him set it up... Super crazy coincidence, pretty excited!! Thought some of you might find that funny. Looking forward to it a lot.
That's so cool! I hope you have a great time! I went to their gig last night in Detroit and they sounded amazing. Absolutely loved it, I briefly thought of going over to Toronto for tonight's gig. Shame she stormed out at the end of the gig and didn't sing the last song (Flying Low-- I was super excited to hear that song live for the first time, so I was very disappointed..) because of some (well, not some, but many to be exact) knobheads in the audience. Five songs from the new album, I think, they all sounded amazing. And she just doesn't seem to age at all!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

White Denim tonight (a particular fave of Mrs Shines) and then the last ever ATP at the end of the month. Got Kurt Vile in Brighton in December and maybe the Wooden Shjips too.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

DEAD SKELETONS and FÖLLAKZOID at the Kazimier in Liverpool on 27th. Then it is ATP from 29th onwards.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

First indoor gig of the year (only other show being The Wall at Wembley) coming up with Sigur Ros in Brighton, then doubling my money the week after next with Loop also in Brighton.

Hardly been a vintage year but then I am supposed to be retired from gig-going...
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Superchunk at the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds on 2nd Dec. Only three shows in UK massive coup for the club. Before this date was announced was trying to work out logistics of getting to Electric Ballroom :!: So glad that didn't work out !
'Remember, change is not good'
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Shinesalight wrote:White Denim tonight (a particular fave of Mrs Shines) and then the last ever ATP at the end of the month. Got Kurt Vile in Brighton in December and maybe the Wooden Shjips too.
Don't forget to say hi! A lot of us outpatients will be there.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

The Black Crowes - Dec. 6!

8)
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Ryoji Ikeda is coming to Brighton! I could scarcely believe my bloody eyes when I stumbled upon that listing.

Snagged myself a ticket for the show on Friday December 13... hope that's not an omen!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Just secured tix this morning for the very last show for Kraftwerk in North America ( at least that is what it states ) for Oakland, CA on March 24, 2014. The venue is about 2,800 seats and I'm looking forward to seeing my robot friends.
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

jonathan wilson tonight! really psyched for it,
Hope the crowd is gonna be quiet. Went to see raymond vh groenewoud (belgian singer songwriter) friday night and it seemed like everyone was just talking during the whole gig. Except when he played the hits. I know there has been talk about that sort of stuff here before, so I know I'm not alone in my grievance (is that proper english?) but, damn, that was nearly it for me, no more gigs if that kind of shit keeps happening. Why pay good money to HEAR a band when the rest of the crowd just wants to catch up on whatever. And that's even mentioning idiots taking pictures all the time and what not.
Sorry for the rant, i feel better now :wink:
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Greeny wrote:Ryoji Ikeda is coming to Brighton! I could scarcely believe my bloody eyes when I stumbled upon that listing.

Snagged myself a ticket for the show on Friday December 13... hope that's not an omen!
My math professor is good friends with him!!! He says he is an amazing guy - I was able to befriend my professor because I read that he did an art installation with Ryoji Ikeda, so I sent my professor an email saying that I would love to see some of the stuff from that project - the next class my professor brought me some original Ryoji prints!!! Said I should put them up in my dorm room, but only if I get them framed... anyways, thanks to Ryoji Ikeda, I talk to my math prof all the time and he likes me a lot. Super lucky coincidence, thought it was an unlikely story so I figured I'd share.

Anyways, I'd love to hear about the show on friday!!!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

2014 is taking shape, got this lot in the calendar:

Warpaint
Monster Magnet
Peter Hook and The Light
Toy
The Orb
The Twilight Sad (playing their debut album in full.. mega excited!)
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Hofstadter wrote:
Greeny wrote:Ryoji Ikeda is coming to Brighton! I could scarcely believe my bloody eyes when I stumbled upon that listing.

My math professor is good friends with him!!! He says he is an amazing guy - I was able to befriend my professor because I read that he did an art installation with Ryoji Ikeda, so I sent my professor an email saying that I would love to see some of the stuff from that project - the next class my professor brought me some original Ryoji prints!!! Said I should put them up in my dorm room, but only if I get them framed... anyways, thanks to Ryoji Ikeda, I talk to my math prof all the time and he likes me a lot. Super lucky coincidence, thought it was an unlikely story so I figured I'd share.

Anyways, I'd love to hear about the show on friday!!!
That is pretty amazing!
I think I feel it coming on
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Wooden Shjips at the Scala tonight, which I'm really looking forward to (last gig for me this year).

Supported by Kandodo who I'd never heard of til typing their name into youtube and discovering a whole load of magic! Listening to a track now called Swim Into The Sea and it's getting me tranced out and excited about seeing them later http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxh6ZBgtdrU