What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

angelsighs
Known user

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by angelsighs »

whoever scheduled Slowdive and Mogwai together at a festival needs a slap. what a horrible decision to have to make.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Got Swans two nights in row in LA coming up. Roxy.

Belle and Sebastian in LA in October. Slowdive for two nights in November. All at the Ace Theatre, where Spiritualized played their most recent LAGWAFIS shows.

I'm also seeing Pissed Jeans in San Diego in November. They're always a joy to see and I have the added privilege of opening up for them. You can't argue with admission and a couple of drinks on the house.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

This evening will see me and my good lady smiling broadly along to WOODS and MARISSA NADLER at Dingwalls in Camden. Really looking forward to this one. I love Woods and have not long got into Marissa Nadler who I'm finding rather bewitching in both sound and look. I picked up her Mayflower May album for a £1 at a second hand shop last month. Best £1 I've spent in a long time.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Off to see The Cosmic Dead in Liverpool tonight at MelloMello. I've not seen them play before so I'm really looking forward to it. The beer at MelloMello is usually very good, as a bonus.
Huxley123
Known user

Post by Huxley123 »

Sunday onblackheath, great line up put together by Heavenly records (i guess in a tent)
Toy, steve mason, radiophonic workshop, the wytches, Kid wave all worth seeing
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Can't make it to Psych fest due to a lack of funds, pretty gutted.

Not sure what shows I have coming up apart from Slowdive. i'm bringing Kikagaku Moyo, Roy & The Devils Motorcycle, and Trans Am all to Manchester so will be seeing those. Pop Group in Leeds too actually! I got the soundcheck/drink with the band/gig ticket for £35. i did have it for Manchester initially, not realised I'd booked the Kikagaku Moyo/Dead Sea Apes gig the same night. Can't exactly miss my own show!
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Just noticed on the Quietus that Carter Tutti Void are playing 2 London dates next week. They are one of the few 'right arm' category acts I'd like to see butI knew nothing about these and too short notice to try and arrange anything for it *bites fist*
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

added Trail of Dead to my list... I've never actually seen them before, hope they still have it.. if they play a load of Madonna & Sources Tags & Codes material I'll be happy.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Trail of Dead tend to mostly play stuff from those 2 albums and worlds apart, with a couple of new ones. On the So Divided tour they didn't play one song off that album, just mostly Madonna. Don't like the last couple of albums but I have no reservation about going to see them again, they are the best live!
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Allah-Las are playing a free gig at Rough Trade East tonight. I'll be going to that.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

White Manna at Soup Kitchen, Manchester tonight. Ear plugs probably required if this venues past history is anything to go by !!
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Aquarian-Time wrote:White Manna at Soup Kitchen, Manchester tonight. Ear plugs probably required if this venues past history is anything to go by !!
Do you ever stay in?
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Not much to be honest, I dont post my footy games/cricket matches I watch each season on here (between 80-100 games football, 25 days Cricket per season), but lets just say I have an understanding Wife !!
nogoodboyo
Known user

Post by nogoodboyo »

A mini psychfest in dear old Rugby.
Vacant Lots
One Unique Signal
Anteloids
And last but by no means least the Purple Heart Parade.
Next Thursday - I think.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Not much to be honest, I dont post my footy games/cricket matches I watch each season on here (between 80-100 games football, 25 days Cricket per season), but lets just say I have an understanding Wife !!
Didn't know you were going tonight! I'm giving it a miss, but I'll catch you soon I'm sure.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

nogoodboyo wrote:A mini psychfest in dear old Rugby.
Vacant Lots
One Unique Signal
Anteloids
And last but by no means least the Purple Heart Parade.
Next Thursday - I think.
thanks so much for posting this! had no idea this tasty little lineup was just down the road from me.. gonna try and make it to this.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Bardo Pond and Black Bombain - tonight at Corsica Studios in London. Anyone else attending this sonic feast?
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

runcible wrote:Bardo Pond and Black Bombain - tonight at Corsica Studios in London. Anyone else attending this sonic feast?
You lucky, luck man...

This week i have Goat on Sunday with my son and Spindrift on Monday... White Hills are playing on Fridat night too, but i'd be ripping the piss if i told the wife i was heading along to that too!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

and so the calendar begins to extend further into the future..
Swans are playing Nottingham in Dec, and on my Birthday no less.
The War on Drugs are touring the UK again next Feb.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Got a ticket for The Cult of Dom Kellar/The Telescopes/Kikagaku Moyo at the Shacklewell in London next Saturday (25th). It was only £6!!! Even when you add in the cost of travel that is a fantastic price to see those 3 (plus more as its an all-dayer) :D 8)

Then, to top the weekend off, I've got Mogwai in Brighton on the Sunday night. 8) 8) :D :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I'm heading down to Manchester for the Kikagaku Moyo show with Dead Sea Apes next Wednesday, and its costing me less than £10 for the ticket and the return travel from Glasgow... that is phenomenal value! Means i get a little extra spending money while i'm there!

So, any record shops in the city centre i should checkout near the venue?? Have some time in the afternoon to kill before the show. Anyone fancy meeting up for a pint?
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Oh yes you are right in the hub for beer food and record shopping.

Vinyl Exchange and Piccadilly Records or 2 mins from the venue both on Oldham Street. Places to drink near there are in no particular order;
Castle Hotel, 57 Thomas Steet, Soup Kitchen and the real gem that is Port St Beer House (this is just a minute from the venue)
Soup Kitchen is a good place to be fed and watered thats for sure.
I shall be in attendance so will touch base nearer the time
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Would love to meet for a pint before but unfortunately I will be setting up for the show! Will see y'all there though, of course.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Shinesalight wrote:Got a ticket for The Cult of Dom Kellar/The Telescopes/Kikagaku Moyo at the Shacklewell in London next Saturday (25th). It was only £6!!! Even when you add in the cost of travel that is a fantastic price to see those 3 (plus more as its an all-dayer) :D 8)

Then, to top the weekend off, I've got Mogwai in Brighton on the Sunday night. 8) 8) :D :D
Ignore the first part of this post...appears I've managed to confuse 2 gigs at the Shackwell Arms! Still hoping to catch Kikagaku Moyo there next Saturday though (Cult of Dom Keller aren't there till Jan 2015!) :oops:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Mogwai next Friday night at the Camp and Furnace in Liverpool with various shady characters who were over for the Psyche Fest....
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

might go to Ryan Adams in Feb (either Wolverhampton or Leicester)

also deciding whether to go and see Hookworms this Saturday, they are playing a mini festival type thing at the Hare & Hounds in Birmingham.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

just discovered Six Organs of Admittance are playing Coventry.. tomorrow night!
promotional fail there! but glad I found out in the nick of time.
Huxley123
Known user

Post by Huxley123 »

Hookwoms on Tuesday at the Tufnell Park Dome. Have never seen them before, looking forward to it
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

November
The Wedding Present play 'Watusi'
The Telescopes
Sir Richard Bishop
The Cheatahs
Mad Professor
Bob Log III

December
Silver Apples
Sleaford Mods
Mono
Gruff Rhys

January
Mark Lanegan

The only definites, i.e the ones I have tickets for, are Sleaford Mods and Lanegan but I would imagine i'll make most, if not all, of them.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Luna. Never thought I'd say that.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Steve Gunn in a couple of weeks in Coventry.
also Earth have announced a Europe/UK tour in Feb.. can't wait, will be my first time seeing them and the new album is tremendous.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Afghan Whigs in February added to the list.

Never bothered going to see them first time around although i'd a few opportunities. Are they any good?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Anthroprophh tonight in Shipley...
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

runcible wrote:Anthroprophh tonight in Shipley...
If they are half as good as they were at the Psyche Fest you are in for a treat. The live set is phenomenal, and the LPs don't get anywhere near conveying the sheer physicality of the music and performance.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

That's what I'm hoping for. They melted my brain in Leeds on the night we had that blizzard last year.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

I don't get out much, but will be going to this....

Earth 22nd Feb at Brudenell Social Club in Leeds. :D
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Shall be nipping out shortly in the pissing rain, to catch The War On Drugs, never seen them before but have enjoyed their album very much this year,
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

niamhm wrote:Shall be nipping out shortly in the pissing rain, to catch The War On Drugs, never seen them before but have enjoyed their album very much this year,
Good luck with that. I was supposed to see them on November 4th, but they cancelled. Supposedly they are going to play in February instead.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

They cancelled to film Jools Holland.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

James T wrote:They cancelled to film Jools Holland.
:evil:
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I'm off to see Black Bananas at the 100 Club tonight. Has anyone seen them before or on this current tour? I think they played Leeds last night. I'm 50/50 whether to go or not as I'm so tired today it's stupid. My gig buddy has blown me out so I'll be going solo as well (which means I do have a spare going). I love Royal Trux, never saw them live, so this would be my chance to witness one half of them live.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

The War on Drugs have a got another full tour lined up for Feb. bit rotten of them to blow a gig off for Jools??
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote:The War on Drugs have a got another full tour lined up for Feb. bit rotten of them to blow a gig off for Jools??
:evil:
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm headed to the UK and Berlin in a week and I will be attending some great gigs. PM me if you're going to any of them and would like to get a drink beforehand!

11/20: JAMC in Manchester
11/21: Vaselines in Berlin
11/25: Sharon Van Etten in Glasgow
11/27: Gang of Four in Holmfirth
11/28: The Fall in Leeds
11/29: Silver Apples in Manchester
12/1: Sun Kil Moon in Leeds
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

The Goth Santa Robert Smith and The Cure at Hammersmith Odeon on 23rd Dec. Tickets bought as a christmas gift to the lady. She's as excited as can be, what with being a big fan and lover of cuddly Robert. I like them too but haven't seen them sice the Disintegration tour. Noted as being a 150min show of their back catalogue and fan favourites. I best swot up and possibly take a small chair to sit on as that's a long gig to stand up for.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I really enjoyed (is that the right word?) reading your demolition of the Black Bananas gig Johnny, although as you say it sounded brutal. Wonder what Bobby & Co thought of it?

I'm actually breaking what will be a two and a half years abstention on gigs early in December to see what will potentially/hopefully be an epic gig in a tiny venue in Dublin... the band in question are well-loved on this forum, in particular by Runcible.

Disclaimer: some of what I have written above may be untrue.
O P 8
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

BzaInSpace wrote:I'm actually breaking what will be a two and a half years abstention on gigs early in December to see what will potentially/hopefully be an epic gig in a tiny venue in Dublin... the band in question are well-loved on this forum, in particular by Runcible.
I didn't know The Wurzels were back together.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

BzaInSpace wrote:I'm actually breaking what will be a two and a half years abstention on gigs early in December to see what will potentially/hopefully be an epic gig in a tiny venue in Dublin... the band in question are well-loved on this forum, in particular by Runcible.

I read the above and thought "What the fuck?!! The Heads or Bardo Pond are playing Dublin in December and I haven't heard about it??!! WHAT DA FUUUCK??????". :lol:

Then i took the disclaimer into account and figured it must be The Manics.
I wouldn't class The Olympia as a tiny venue though, 1200-1600 capacity. Nice place, seen many a great gig in there. Unfortunately, Spiritualized have never played it, always thought it would suit them perfectly.

Enjoy dipping your toe back into the gig-going world!
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Got the JAMC in London on Wednesday... Will be quite a contrast to Kate Bush I'm sure! First standing gig of the year too... hope the old back holds up!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Greeny wrote:Got the JAMC in London on Wednesday... Will be quite a contrast to Kate Bush I'm sure! First standing gig of the year too... hope the old back holds up!
Yeah, Im meant to be coming up from Brighton for this. Looks like The Troxy is a bit of a pisser to get to though. Was really looking forward to this but then mid-week gigs travelling up to and back from London really aren't my thing anymore...especially now the J&MC have now announced that they are playing Brighton early next year :evil:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Shinesalight wrote:
Yeah, Im meant to be coming up from Brighton for this. Looks like The Troxy is a bit of a pisser to get to though. Was really looking forward to this but then mid-week gigs travelling up to and back from London really aren't my thing anymore...especially now the J&MC have now announced that they are playing Brighton early next year :evil:
It is a bit of a faff, to be sure. Luckily I'm staying the night in town as a mate has got his company to book him into a hotel!

If you've never been to the Troxy and have standing tickets, I have three words of advice: GET THERE EARLY!!

The stalls standing area has a lower orchestra pit style space that you take stairs down into. That is pretty much the only place you can get a decent view as the rest is not raked and the stage is down at the pit level. Needless to say this "special people's place" fills up fast and the bouncers don't let anyone in once they deem it full. They actually count you out and back in again if you go for a piss/pint.

We're getting there about three-quarters of an hour to an hour before doors, to get in the queue...
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

My eldest daughter is taking me to see The Pretty Reckless tonight as her mates aren't into them so I said I'd go along. No idea what to expect.

On the other hand - Hookworms at the Brudenell tomorrow. Anyone else attending this northern sonic-fest?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

A Place to Bury Strangers (Birmingham)
The Jesus & Mary Chain (Birmingham) (after all the praise for the recent shows on this very forum- it sounds like what the shows should have been when they first came back)
Ride (Manchester)
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

sunray wrote:

I read the above and thought "What the fuck?!! The Heads or Bardo Pond are playing Dublin in December and I haven't heard about it??!! WHAT DA FUUUCK??????". :lol:

Then i took the disclaimer into account and figured it must be The Manics.
I wouldn't class The Olympia as a tiny venue though, 1200-1600 capacity. Nice place, seen many a great gig in there. Unfortunately, Spiritualized have never played it, always thought it would suit them perfectly.

Enjoy dipping your toe back into the gig-going world!
HAHA!

Nailed it. Yeah, there were only 1100 tickets for this one. They sold out in a few minutes for all shows, Barrowlands was a weekday so my mates figured the Emerald Isle would be best being a Saturday night. Plus... never been there.

It's basically a pilgrimage for my 16 year old self. The first and last time I saw MSP live was back in 1996 and never really had an urge since. But for The Holy Bible in full? Fuck yeah, it's gonna be good... :D
O P 8
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

BOB LOG III - this coming Saturday at the Railway Hotel, Southend On Sea, only a fiver and on my door step, bound to be a fun show.

THE CURE - Hammersmith Odeon, 22nd Dec, pre-Christmas treat for my lady. 3+ hours show with the Goth Santa and his gang.

and that's it for this year. Failed to get a RIDE ticket amidst the mad scrum a couple of weeks back which was disappointing but a bit expected. Hopefully some great gigs await in 2015.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The Jesus and Mary Chain - 'Psychocandy' in Birmingham.

After all the rave reviews and getting my hands on a bootleg of one of the Troxy gigs I was convinced that they're back to being a rock'n'roll machine again :D 8)
...So last night tickets and cheap flights were booked for myself and the other half :D
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Heading out to see the manics tonight, looking forward to the holy bible set, not so much the "best of" set.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Not going to be able to make Slowdive in London due to illness in the family :cry: . On the other had, I have got Julian Cope and The War on Drugs after Xmas to look forward to.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

in one week, Brother JT and St. James and the Apostles.
http://stjamestheapostles.bandcamp.com/

will report back, i expect greatness
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Slowdive,
Design.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote:The Jesus and Mary Chain - 'Psychocandy' in Birmingham.

After all the rave reviews and getting my hands on a bootleg of one of the Troxy gigs I was convinced that they're back to being a rock'n'roll machine again :D 8)
...So last night tickets and cheap flights were booked for myself and the other half :D
I am probably going to this so a pint may be in order.. :)
I like your spontaneity!

Pond are playing the same venue the night before, I'm thinking about that too if I can be arsed with a gig two nights in a row..
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Twilight Sad, tomorrow night , Stirling Tollbooth, pre festive gig night out. Never seen these guys before but I heard then in a marquee while I queued outside a for drink for the best part of 40 min, last summer :evil:

enjoying the new album so looking forward to a good night of thunderously loud, soul searching misery :)
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

In the new year Kraftwerk in Copenhagen and Swans in Aarhus.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

niamhm wrote:Twilight Sad, tomorrow night , Stirling Tollbooth, pre festive gig night out. Never seen these guys before but I heard then in a marquee while I queued outside a for drink for the best part of 40 min, last summer :evil:

enjoying the new album so looking forward to a good night of thunderously loud, soul searching misery :)
what did you think of the Twilight Sad gig Niamh? interested to hear your thoughts. The first time I ever saw them was around the time of the first album and it's up there with the best gigs I've ever seen. Seen them loads of times since and although they've never disappointed (James in particular is one of those totally passionate frontmen who you can't take your eyes off), no show has quite had that impact since. "thunderously loud, soul searching misery" is definitely on the cards with them, though :)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angelsighs wrote:
niamhm wrote:Twilight Sad, tomorrow night , Stirling Tollbooth, pre festive gig night out. Never seen these guys before but I heard then in a marquee while I queued outside a for drink for the best part of 40 min, last summer :evil:

what did you think of the Twilight Sad gig Niamh? interested to hear your thoughts. The first time I ever saw them was around the time of the first album and it's up there with the best gigs I've ever seen. Seen them loads of times since and although they've never disappointed (James in particular is one of those totally passionate frontmen who you can't take your eyes off), no show has quite had that impact since. "thunderously loud, soul searching misery" is definitely on the cards with them, though :)
Hello Angelsighs, It was a good show, particularly enjoyed the stuff from the new album, really enjoying that just now. James certainly put 100% in then tries for some more, that was a bit of a surprise to me wasn`t expecting him to be so `dramatic`, it was sort of a local warm up show for a bigger gig in Glasgow the following night and maybe wasn`t as loud as I expected and I think they left out their full light show, but it was sold out and a very enthusiastic crowd, good show, reminded me of Mogwai`s recent stuff with a more impassioned singer,
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Low in a couple of weeks, last year was a rarity for me not seeing them so its good to put that right quickly this year.