What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

suskind
Known user

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by suskind »

angelsighs wrote:
I took this as a good challenge as I like to think I can find a good gig anywhere, but you're not wrong! I can't see much worthwhile on at that time which is surprising :?
I know! I think we'll drop by smaller venues at least.. and hope for the best :) Thank you!
niamhm wrote:
Not sure if it`s your bag at all, but if I was on my holidays and our paths crossed I would fancy going to see Prophets Of Rage, RATM/Public Enemy/Cypress Hill super group, playing a couple of NY shows that week.
I'm interested! Will look into it, hopefully the tickets are not too much out of my budge :mrgreen: Thank you!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Acid Mothers Temple and Earth playing Birmingham later in the year (not together..).. tickets duly bought
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Currently having a short break after what seems like a weekly jaunt to gigs but the rest of the year is panning out as follows...

Helicon/St Deluxe, Broadcast, 26/Aug
Lucid Dream, Broadcast, 09/Sep
The Cosmic Dead, Renfield Lane, 16/Sep
Psych Sunday All-Dayer (LA Hell Gang, Tau, Cavern Of Anti-Matter, New Candys and a few others), Broadcast, 25/Sep
The Warlocks, ABC2, 29/Sep
Goat, ABC, 21/Oct
Howlin' Moon All-dayer (Filth Spector, Mushroom Club, Black Cat Revue and Helicon amongst others), Nice & Sleazys, 29/Oct
Dinosaur Jr, ABC, 17/Nov
Psychic Ills, Broadcast, 30/Nov
Teenage Fanclub, Barras, 03/Dec

Gonna have to pass on the upcoming Jesus & Mary Chain show at the Barras unfortunately with so many other commitments just now but this year has been the busiest for gigs in such a long time! :D
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Plans as follows;
Thee Oh Sees (Leeds)
Ride (Brighton)
Pysch fest
Maybe Dead meadow and maybe Warlocks both Manchester, but probably only one of them
Luna (Manchester)
White denim (Manchester)
Goat (Manchester)
Wooden Shjips (Manchester)
PJ Harvey (Manchester)
Kristin Hersh (Manchester)
Black Mountain (Manchester)
Teenage Fanclub (Manchester)
Steve Gunn or Wolf people (Manchester)
Lush (Manchester)
Pyschic Ills (Liverpool)

That will do for now .....
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Ride (Brighton)

So looking forward to this :D
Aquarian-Time wrote:Pysch fest

And this 8) 8)
Aquarian-Time wrote:Maybe Dead meadow and maybe Warlocks both Manchester, but probably only one of them
I thought you promised one or both of these would be playing Liverpool :wink: Don't panic, I'm seeing Dead Meadow in Brighton and The Warlocks in London
Aquarian-Time wrote:White denim (Manchester)
Gutted these aren't playing down here...one of my favourite live bands :(
Aquarian-Time wrote:Wooden Shjips (Manchester)
Didn't know these were touring again. New album on the way?
Aquarian-Time wrote:Teenage Fanclub (Manchester)

Seeing these in Brighton too. Very much looking forward to new LP :D
Aquarian-Time wrote:Pyschic Ills (Liverpool)

Gutted these aren't playing Brighton either :(
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

After a small 3 month break, back to gig going tomorrow, Mogwai and Mark Cousins performing Atomic at the Edinburgh Playhouse as part of the Edinburgh International Festival. Haven`t been to the Playhouse for at least 25 yrs. but I did see loads of bands there in the mid to late 80`s so looking forward to this one,

Then a double dose of Jesus and Mary Chain during the week, Tue & Wed, my ears may be begging for mercy after these 3.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

my list is somewhat similar to Aquarian Time's also, obviously though some of those bands skip the Midlands most times. I am thinking of making the drive to Oxford for Luna though.
I've also added Public Image Ltd to my list. November is looking busy!
Aquarian-Time wrote:Steve Gunn or Wolf people (Manchester)
are Wolf People the band we caught the end of at ATP? little bit proggy? they are pretty good. but it has to be Steve I think. I saw him play a tiny tiny venue on the last tour and it was superb. met him and he signed my CD too! the new album is fabulous.
niamhm wrote:
Then a double dose of Jesus and Mary Chain during the week, Tue & Wed, my ears may be begging for mercy after these 3.
how come two Mary Chain gigs? you must be a superfan
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

The Oh Sees: LONDON - 02.09.16

RIDE: BRIGHTON - 08.09.16
Design.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Anyone on here like Indian music?

I might go to the Darbar Festival at the Southbank.
http://www.darbar.org

Having said that, I keep missing everything I want to see. Just being too busy.
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Potentially a great haul coming up for the remainder of 2016:

Micheal Head
Gaye Bykers On Acid
Michael Rother
The Damned
The Early Years
Steve Mason
Psychic Ills
Boris
kburd72
Known user

Post by kburd72 »

Gaye Bykers on Acid
The Orb
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

MODLAB wrote:The Oh Sees: LONDON - 02.09.16
I was there too. Did you dig it? Second time seeing them this year, totally loved it, sweaty mayhem from the get go!
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

johnnyboy wrote:
I was there too. Did you dig it? Second time seeing them this year, totally loved it, sweaty mayhem from the get go!

It was fabulous! I really enjoyed that gig. Probably one of the better live bands out there today. I was quite ill that evening with fever etc. but they kept me going. Big shout to Mr. Keeping for the ticket. We were on the right side for a bit then I went upstairs.

M
Design.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

MODLAB wrote:

It was fabulous! I really enjoyed that gig. Probably one of the better live bands out there today. I was quite ill that evening with fever etc. but they kept me going. Big shout to Mr. Keeping for the ticket. We were on the right side for a bit then I went upstairs.

M
Cool, glad you enjoyed it so much. I saw them earlier in the year at The Forum in Kentish Town then a couple of years back at the Scala. I think they're my favourite band around at the moment. The Coronet seemed to be the most packed and insane though. We got there before 7:30 to catch both support bands and to bag a good spot for Thee Oh Sees, quite near the front over on John Dwyers side. I love the fact that it's mayhem from the get go, bodies everywhere and drenched in sweat by song two. They set my head on fire. Had such a bad neck for three days afterwards due to the thrashing and dancing around like a loon. I bet it was quite a sight watching the pit from upstairs!

Off to see King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard in Brixton tonight for more of the same. I used to think of them as Thee Oh Sees little cousins or something but they could well be on their way to being more popular. Last time I saw them there were quite a few pilled up younger kids there, eyeballs on stalks and distant stares.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

[quote="MODLAB"

M[/quote]

Had no idea you like them. Great band. In a way I'm glad I didn't know they were playing. It would have been miserable knowing I'm missing out.
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

sunny wrote: Had no idea you like them. Great band. In a way I'm glad I didn't know they were playing. It would have been miserable knowing I'm missing out.

Oh! I had no clue you were into them. :)

Next time!

M
Design.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Nice double ticket buy this morning - Low Christmas show in a church in Brighton and a special Steve Mason career retrospective at the Barbican... niiiice!!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Greeny wrote:Nice double ticket buy this morning
Ditto. Picked up tickets for Low in Christchurch Cathedral plus Primal Scream in the Olympia. The fact that the Scream have Bo Ningen as support gives me optimism for a full on rock 'n' roll show.
Also have tickets for Super Furry Animals playing Fuzzy Logic and Radiator in the Olympia the night after Bobby's mob.
Oh yeah...and an early bird for next year's Electric Picnic..only 50 weeks away!!!

Plenty coming up in Oct/Nov that i've yet to purchase tickets for so will hang back on listing them yet.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

IRON MAIDEN next May, and it's an indoors show too! 2017's gig of the year trophy has been sewn up already ;)

Hoping to get Kraftwerk tickets tomorrow as well...
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

BORIS (or is it boris?) at The Brudenell in December. I'm going to get some ear defenders as an early Christmas present. :lol:
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Dead Meadow in Brighton tonight. Meant to be seeing The Warlocks in London tomorrow night but its been such a mental couple of weeks that I really don't have the energy for it and probably won't go.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Supersonic Festival are putting on a pretty good lineup as a 'launch party' in anticipation of next years festival- I got tickets for the Friday night-

Xylouris White (a duo Jim White from Dirty Three on drums and George Xylouris on Cretan lute!),
Sex Swing (a band I've wanted to see at various festivals for a while now but never quite caught them)
Mothwasp.

not bad for 12 quid.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

Bardo Pond at the Owl for free next Sunday night.

The only reason I heard about it is because a person I was friends with almost a decade ago's band is opening for them. I've never been to the Owl, but it is a very small place and I could imagine this getting very packed and unpleasant. That said, the last (and only) time I saw Bardo Pond live was in 2003. Given how much I've grown to love them in the years since I'm planning on getting there fairly early even though I have to be up for work the next day.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Steve Mason
The Damned
Low Anthem
Early Years
Psychic Ills

All in space of six weeks, booooommmmmm :D
'Remember, change is not good'
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

considering Wolf People supported by the excellent Dean McPhee

and there's an 'Audioscope' thing on in Oxford featuring this little lot for the princely sum of £7

Nøught
Tomaga
Ben Duvall (Ex-Easter Island Head)
Rhys Chatham’s “Guitar Trio” presented by The Oxford Guitar Orchestra (featuring members of Ride and The Young Knives)

oh, and its Explosions In The Sky on Monday night.. found out The Entrance Band have been added as support.. a nice Brucie Bonus!
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote:considering Wolf People supported by the excellent Dean McPhee

and there's an 'Audioscope' thing on in Oxford featuring this little lot for the princely sum of £7

Nøught
Tomaga
Ben Duvall (Ex-Easter Island Head)
Rhys Chatham’s “Guitar Trio” presented by The Oxford Guitar Orchestra (featuring members of Ride and The Young Knives)

oh, and its Explosions In The Sky on Monday night.. found out The Entrance Band have been added as support.. a nice Brucie Bonus!
I have a ticket for EITS tomorrow night in Liverpool courtesy of Dave Caldwell. They are playing the Philharmonic which is rather swish (whichever room they use). Not sure who the support act is though.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Entrance are supporting all the UK dates I believe. (I've just discovered it's Entrance- i.e. Guy Blakeslee solo rather than the full band)
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I am off to see The Sisters of Mercy in Liverpool on Friday. I haven't seen them play since 1985, so it should be interesting. They used to be a great night out and quite a laugh live, despite their doomy image. Minor Victories is coming up soon after too....
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Seeing Teenage Fanclub tomorrow night down here in Brighton. Really looking forward to it as always loved them and the new album is great :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Seeing TFC a week on Saturday too. Recent set lists have looked great so looking forward to it. Also have The Cosmic Dead for their annual free Xmas show on the 28th Dec... which will be a juggernaut of carnage/noise/heaviness!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Teenage Fanclub for me on Saturday night too. looks to be the last gig of the year for myself.
not listened to an album all the way through since Songs From Northern Britain, but hoping a night full of TUNES

next year starting to fill up with tickets booked for Russian Circles and possibly Julian Cope, The Fall, The Handsome Family
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Camera @ The Castle Hotel, Manchester this Saturday

Other than that Manchester gigs this year for JAMC and Grandaddy. Moon Duo either at Leeds or Manchester and then later in the year Krafwerk.

I did attend lots of shows end of last year (too many) and didn't put up any reviews unfortunatly, will maybe put some retrospective ones up.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

One a month so far to kickstart 2017:

Pheromoans - Leigh On Sea, Essex, 21st Jan
Duke Garwood - Oslo, London, 16th Feb
Josefin Ohrn & The Liberation - Moth Club, London, 4th March
Weyes Blood - Dome, London, 13th April
Angel Olsen - Roundhouse, London, 24th May
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Some good early annoucements for Glasgow in 2017...

Moon Duo (Apr)
10,000 Russos (May)
Elephant Stone (May)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

took a punt and got a ticket to see The Fall. I'm not that familiar with them really but they are playing a venue which is basically walking distance from my house. Bo Ningen supporting which clinched it.
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

angelsighs wrote:took a punt and got a ticket to see The Fall. I'm not that familiar with them really but they are playing a venue which is basically walking distance from my house. Bo Ningen supporting which clinched it.
Should be a great night ! Love the Fall , always edgie and never quite sure what mood Mark E Smith will be in . Brilliant front man. Saw Bo Ningen supporting Primal Scream recently. They were fantastic. The last number of their set went on and on lots of great noise.
Have a great evening.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

BROKENHEART wrote:Should be a great night ! Love the Fall , always edgie and never quite sure what mood Mark E Smith will be in . Brilliant front man. Saw Bo Ningen supporting Primal Scream recently. They were fantastic. The last number of their set went on and on lots of great noise.
Have a great evening.
awesome! that's good to hear. I figure The Fall will be entertaining at the very least!

also added to the diary this year- Novella in Feb and Spectres in April
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

Travelling to Nottingham for the Six By Seven reunion gig on March 4th.
Their plan is to play all of The Closer You Get + extra set.

Then back in Glasgow
Grails
Moon Duo

I don't think Grandaddy are going to add a Glasgow date? I hope there are still tickets for the Edinburgh gig.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

managed to get Ryan Adams tickets for Manchester.. wasn't easy though, and not cheap... anybody would think the man just went through an expensive divorce? ;)

also going to Swans in Birmingham.. they are playing the Asylum which is a very 'metal' venue. only band I've seen there before is Silver Mt Zion. quite a small venue though.

still considering whether to go to The Jesus & Mary Chain. another ticket that isn't cheap, but the new album is getting surprisingly good reviews and a set that isn't just resting on them playing Psychocandy stuff for the umpteenth time actually kinda appeals to me.
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

flokie wrote: I don't think Grandaddy are going to add a Glasgow date? I hope there are still tickets for the Edinburgh gig.
:lol: I ended up delaying again but did well to wait. There was a 2 or 3 day gap in the tour after Edinburgh, and their support act for the tour then announced a small headline gig in Glasgow during that gap. Then Marc Riley let slip on Twitter that the BBC6 music festival would be in Glasgow this year a week before the official announcement...
So no need to travel, all good.
The Shins headlining actually... I'm familiar with the name but not a band I've ever really listened to. And I'm quite happy with Honeyblood opening!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

After a bit of a struggle, managed to get tickets for JAMC at the Barrowlands at the end of next month, part of the 6Music weekend, support from Ride, Warpaint -who? - and Sleaford Mods, fancy checking them out, so pretty stoked for this show.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angelsighs wrote:
still considering whether to go to The Jesus & Mary Chain. another ticket that isn't cheap, but the new album is getting surprisingly good reviews and a set that isn't just resting on them playing Psychocandy stuff for the umpteenth time actually kinda appeals to me.

The current line up the JAMC are so bitchin hot live I could easily listen to them do Psychocandy every night for a month!! :wink:
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

niamhm wrote:After a bit of a struggle, managed to get tickets for JAMC at the Barrowlands at the end of next month, part of the 6Music weekend, support from Ride, Warpaint -who? - and Sleaford Mods, fancy checking them out, so pretty stoked for this show.
I hesitated for that one.Tickets went fast unsurprisingly. Warpaint had a decent single some 5-6 years back but iirc the album then did nothing for me. Only time I saw JAMC was in 1997 - I really need to give the new stuff a listen and try and catch them live again at some point. Sounds like a cracking night anyway!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

niamhm wrote: The current line up the JAMC are so bitchin hot live I could easily listen to them do Psychocandy every night for a month!! :wink:
That's what I like to hear! I'm sure there will still be plenty of Psychocandy in the set

I'd echo Flokie's view on Warpaint. Their early stuff was good (although I'd extend it to the first EP and album)- since then, very bland. If I can lower the tone somewhat as well- they are nice to look at, at the least!

Sleaford Mods are the odd one out there for me. Never really 'got' them!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

I just checked Setlist FM, the last JAMC gig I saw Oct 2016, 5 Psychocandy tunes from a 17 song set is not too bad.

Sleaford Mods seem a bit lofi and shouty but my mate saw them last yr at Cosmosis - I think I might have been watching JAMC at the time - assures me they were really good, so nothing ventured and all that.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I've got:

Teenage Fanclub w/ Britta opening
Robyn Hitchcock
PJ Harvey
Nick Cave
Dweezil Zappa (a christmas gift for my girlfriend who loves Zappa...)
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Next up is Slowdive at the Arts Club in Liverpool at the end of March. It will be the first time I have seen them play since late 1992 or early 1993.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Grails
Russian Circles
Jesus & Mary Chain (Birmingham)
Lorelle Meets the Obsolete
Trans Am (Leeds)
Michael Rother
Iron Maiden (Free, my sister is their accountant now!)
Damo Suzuki
Mew
Broken Social Scene
Transformer (Swans, Loop, etc...)
KISS
Kraftwerk (Edinburgh)
Max Richter (Oxford)
Mark Lanegan
Radiohead
Sigur Ros
Nick Cave
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Tickets purchased for JAMC (Manchester), Slowdive (Liverpool), Ryan Adams (Manchester), Thee Oh Sees (Manchester), Follakzoid/1000 Russos, Bo Ningen etc (London), Kraftwerk (Manchester)

Deliberating on how I can see Grandaddy as Slowdive was announced same night and also have a decision to make as Kikaguko Moyo clash with Mark Lanegan in Manchester.

Probably will see Lorelle Meets The Obsolete, Moon Duo but not sure where yet, Michael Rother, Benard Lakes and Ryley Walker
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

This lot up to June:
Zig Zags, Grails, Ride, The Moonlandingz, Laetitia Sadier Source Ensemble, JAMC, Jagwar Ma, Damo Suzuki, The Wedding Present.
Also considering James Leg, Chelsea Wolfe and Angel Olsen.
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Tonight noise gig with Thurston Moore/Dennis Tyfus at the Studio in Antwerp and somewhere in June at the Roma theatre in Antwerp the almighty Primal Scream!
"Thank you"
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

niamhm wrote:After a bit of a struggle, managed to get tickets for JAMC at the Barrowlands at the end of next month, part of the 6Music weekend, support from Ride, Warpaint -who? - and Sleaford Mods, fancy checking them out, so pretty stoked for this show.
Will be heading to this myself due to an unexpected text from a mate at the weekend, offering me a free ticket and place to stay :D
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Follakzoid are playing a tiny pub in Birmingham. should be good. wonder if Jason will turn up? :)

Monster Magnet are also playing that weekend, but I'm sure whether they still have that psych tinge or are just full on metal now.

I've also been impulsive and got a ticket to the Sea Change festival down in Devon.

http://www.seachangefestival.co.uk/

great lineup with Ryley Walker, Chris Forsyth and Trembling Bells sticking out for me. add in other acts of interest such as Sex Swing, Hey Colossus,Temples, Grumbling Fur, Death and Vanilla, Michael Chapman, Jane Weaver and it's easily worth £55

no camping either- the bands play in various venues around the town. I got a cheap B&B
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I've just got tickets to see Richard Ashcroft next weekend. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Please don't kill me.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

toomilk wrote:I've just got tickets to see Richard Ashcroft next weekend. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Please don't kill me.
not being sarcastic when I say I'd actually be interested to hear what this is like!
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

angelsighs wrote: not being sarcastic when I say I'd actually be interested to hear what this is like!
I'll report back next Sunday. It's in a really nice theater in San Diego, which is exciting...
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Richard Ashcroft ........ hmmm. Tix haven't sold out in Oakland I wonder why :lol:

Got tix for the Fox Theatre in Oakland for:

- The Jesus and Mary Chain (May 20th)
- Midnight Oil (May 27th)
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Moon Duo tonight which our very own Angelsighs is coming down for :D

Quite a few coming up in May including:-

Damo Suzuki with Zofff
The Cosmic Dead
Gnod
Hey Colossus
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Shinesalight wrote:Moon Duo tonight which our very own Angelsighs is coming down for :D
Got Moon Duo tonight at Brudenell :D
'Remember, change is not good'
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

BVCP206 wrote: Got Moon Duo tonight at Brudenell :D
Oh yes...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Moon Duo tonight (thank f#ck!!) Had given up on this one as I`d been sleeping on the tickets and it was sold out by the time I got round to it but after a bit jiggery pokery this afternoon I`ve managed to snag one, :)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

a new festival has been announced in Birmingham and the Sunday night lineup is unexpectedly superb.

Editors are the headliner who I actually don't mind, if rather commercial (there is much worse as far as Joy Division rip offs go), but the undercard is superb- Slowdive, Jesus & Mary Chain, Peter Hook, Josefin Ohrn amongst others. all for £50.

very keen to catch JAMC in particular as going off the reports here they are on rich form.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angelsighs wrote:a new festival has been announced in Birmingham and the Sunday night lineup is unexpectedly superb.

Editors are the headliner who I actually don't mind, if rather commercial (there is much worse as far as Joy Division rip offs go), but the undercard is superb- Slowdive, Jesus & Mary Chain, Peter Hook, Josefin Ohrn amongst others. all for £50.

very keen to catch JAMC in particular as going off the reports here they are on rich form.
Saw that yesterday. I was very impressed with Friday's line up too: Orbital, Leftfield playing Leftism, Jagwar Ma and Higher Intelligence Agency, not bothered about Faithless DJ set. I would've placed Leftfield over Orbital as headliners though.

It's the week before LPF so I imagine that would rule me out.

Latest additions to my upcoming gigs are Chelsea Wolfe, K-X-P and Melt Banana. Still have to nab tickets for George Clinton and Sunn O (not together, but that would be interesting :lol: ).
Also considering Laurie Anderson, Angel Olsen and Discharge.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote: Saw that yesterday. I was very impressed with Friday's line up too: Orbital, Leftfield playing Leftism, Jagwar Ma and Higher Intelligence Agency, not bothered about Faithless DJ set. I would've placed Leftfield over Orbital as headliners though.
yeah it seems they have programmed it intelligently and Friday is Dance, Sat Indiepop and Sunday more psych/postpunky. so whatever floats your boat, you're catered for!

week before psych fest perhaps not good for my wallet either but I can't resist this.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Just announced that the Warlocks are opening for Jesus&MaryChain, well at least in Oakland. I haven't heard about them in a long time, thought they had broken up.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Barry Adamson on 2 May, Peter Brötzmann and friends (including Han Bennink) on 6 May and Sleaford Mods on 10 May. All in Munich. Brötzmann fans might want to check out this exhibition (of which the concert is a part) at the Haus der Kunst if they are in Munich over the spring or summer http://www.hausderkunst.de/en/exhibitio ... roduction/.