What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

shalloboi
Known user

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by shalloboi »

just dropped $100 on tickets for me and the wife:

dum dum girls/crocodiles at the empty bottle- 10/14
real estate at lincoln hall- 10/31
wooden shjips at the empty bottle- 11/5
thee oh sees at the empty bottle 11/23 (early show- might end up going to the late show as well if it's really great, which it probably will be)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Spiritualized,finally got tickets for Edinburgh ... money a bit tight this year so only the third gig this year ,canny wait ,see The Fall are playing Edinburgh in Nov. have to try and sort that out .
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Will have to get this at the weekend...sounds awesome. 8)

Saw War On Drugs down in Brighton on Friday night...they were fucking fantastic. Saw them at Greenman about 3-4 years ago and loved them back then. Gutted they didn't have any vinyl on their merch stall though so had to grab the new album in town yesterday. Another contender for album of the year I reckon. Definitely up their with their debut, Wagonwheel Blues, which I was hoping to pick up on vinyl at their gig as well.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I saw Gomez again last night for probably the 5th or 6th time.

I know these dudes may not be as well received in the UK as they are here but they play a pretty delicious style of funky, bluesy, groovy Americana sweetness that I find irresistible. And to top it off Ben Ottewell's voice is pretty damn sweet. In Portland they usually get a crowd of about 500-700 at their gigs but everybody is dancing, jolly, bouncy, floaty, and really enjoying themselves. Always good fun to see them.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I was mulling over a last minute jaunt to see the 3 Spiritualized shows. Problem is the $1000 to fly over.
I'll have to do w/the bootlegs I guess.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

redcloud wrote:I saw Gomez again last night for probably the 5th or 6th time.

I know these dudes may not be as well received in the UK as they are here but they play a pretty delicious style of funky, bluesy, groovy Americana sweetness that I find irresistible. And to top it off Ben Ottewell's voice is pretty damn sweet. In Portland they usually get a crowd of about 500-700 at their gigs but everybody is dancing, jolly, bouncy, floaty, and really enjoying themselves. Always good fun to see them.
I do have rather a soft spot for Gomez. the first album is really great and there's been lots of good stuff intermittently since. they are never going to blow you away or anything but they are all really good musicians and have a nice feel good factor.
it's weird how they won the Mercury prize and all that, and had loads of acclaim. but now they are playing really small venues and no one ever really mentions them.
spaced
Known user

Post by spaced »

Shinesalight wrote:Will have to get this at the weekend...sounds awesome. 8)

Saw War On Drugs down in Brighton on Friday night...they were fucking fantastic. Saw them at Greenman about 3-4 years ago and loved them back then. Gutted they didn't have any vinyl on their merch stall though so had to grab the new album in town yesterday. Another contender for album of the year I reckon. Definitely up their with their debut, Wagonwheel Blues, which I was hoping to pick up on vinyl at their gig as well.
Seeing them in February just got into them through their links to kirt vile. Any album recommendations?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

spaced wrote:Seeing them in February just got into them through their links to kirt vile. Any album recommendations?
Both their albums, Wagonwheel Blues and Slave Ambient, are definitely worth getting as is the Future Weather EP. Just found out they're due to play down here in Brighton again at the end of February so I'm well chuffed.

As for upcoming gigs... off to see Bardo Pond in Brighton tonight but that's about it on the gig front for a while. Have seen Besnard Lakes and King Creosote are both due to play down here soon so I might head out and see them.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Shinesalight wrote:As for upcoming gigs... off to see Bardo Pond in Brighton tonight
Well...?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

money is tight at the moment as I'm moving house soon, but I've got a few 'maybes' on the horizon. The Melvins are playing near me in a couple of weeks and really enjoyed seeing them before so might pop along

there are also a couple of post-punk bands on the reunion trail... Wire and Magazine.. anyone seen either recently and tell me if it's worth it?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

angelsighs wrote:there are also a couple of post-punk bands on the reunion trail... Wire and Magazine.. anyone seen either recently and tell me if it's worth it?
I saw Magazine in Manchester last year. They came on and did a truly incredible 'The Light Pours Out Of Me' as an opening song which I absolutely loved. Sadly they couldn't keep I up and I started to get bored. There was a fine 'Definitive Gaze' in there somewhere but overall I was not that impressed. It was interesting but I remember thinking I wouldn't go and see them again.

Not see Wire for ages - 20 years? Then they were Wir - missing a drummer as Robert Gotobed was on a sabbatical - and appeared as 3 guitarists. They were so boring I couldn't believe it. I'd seen them previously with Loop supporting them at the Astoria. They were absolutely superb - so tight and motorik in places. If they are playing as a 4 piece it might be worth it.
spaced
Known user

Post by spaced »

Bon Iver at the weekend anyone here seen him/them before?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

runcible wrote:
Shinesalight wrote:As for upcoming gigs... off to see Bardo Pond in Brighton tonight
Well...?
They were certainly fucking loud! :wink: Trouble was, I've got a dodgy metal leg (long story) and that was playing up so couldn't really get into it. Added to that, I had a friend with me who wasn't that into it, so we ended up leaving before they even finished. The support band, Sloath, were amazing. I'm sure if me and my mate had been on better form we would have fucking loved it. I guess we're just getting too old for mid-week gigs :(
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
marmalade
Known user

Post by marmalade »

Acid Mothers Temple at Sleazys in Glasgow on the 9th November. I've heard about them for years, but hadn't heard any of their music till last night. Now i have 5 albums and a gig ticket :lol:
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

I have tickets for this show next Saturday 10/29.

Special Azusa Plane night with Fuxa, Mariner Nine, Asteroid #4 and more

Also would like to catch The Black Angels again on Thursday.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

runcible wrote:
angelsighs wrote:there are also a couple of post-punk bands on the reunion trail... Wire and Magazine.. anyone seen either recently and tell me if it's worth it?
I saw Magazine in Manchester last year. They came on and did a truly incredible 'The Light Pours Out Of Me' as an opening song which I absolutely loved. Sadly they couldn't keep I up and I started to get bored. There was a fine 'Definitive Gaze' in there somewhere but overall I was not that impressed. It was interesting but I remember thinking I wouldn't go and see them again.

Not see Wire for ages - 20 years? Then they were Wir - missing a drummer as Robert Gotobed was on a sabbatical - and appeared as 3 guitarists. They were so boring I couldn't believe it. I'd seen them previously with Loop supporting them at the Astoria. They were absolutely superb - so tight and motorik in places. If they are playing as a 4 piece it might be worth it.
thanks Mark.. I guess both are still a 'maybe' then. i'm also very tempted to go and see Acid Mothers Temple as they are playing near me and that live album you sent my way is just awesome

also reckon I'm gonna get tickets for The Twilight Sad who are touring in November. heard some of their new stuff and it's very different, more synth based, icy and brooding. hope they do bust out the guitar noise of the early stuff too though.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

angelsighs wrote:thanks Mark.. I guess both are still a 'maybe' then. i'm also very tempted to go and see Acid Mothers Temple as they are playing near me and that live album you sent my way is just awesome
When they are on form they are extraordinary. Everyone should see them once. I found that their magic faded with every gig I saw but that first one was amazing.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

runcible wrote:
angelsighs wrote:thanks Mark.. I guess both are still a 'maybe' then. i'm also very tempted to go and see Acid Mothers Temple as they are playing near me and that live album you sent my way is just awesome
When they are on form they are extraordinary. Everyone should see them once. I found that their magic faded with every gig I saw but that first one was amazing.

I'll 2nd the need to see them once. They were pretty amazing at ATP.

M
Design.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Moz in a month!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I wish I were in Chicago this weekend.
Wooden Shjips on Saturday night(I think) and Cave on Monday.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Spindrift-November 12
CAVE-November 19
Chris Robinson Brotherhood-Dec 3

I may also go see Rich Robinson who curiously swings through town a couple weeks before his brother does (Nov 10)!

My wife and I decided to pass on Wilco. Saw them in Feb 2010 and it was very, very good. But, I don't want to spend $150+ on seeing them again. I really like Wilco but not sure if I like them THAT much.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

toomilk wrote:Moz in a month!
Me, too: November 10th (first date of the US tour).
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

spzretent wrote:I wish I were in Chicago this weekend.
Wooden Shjips in D-town Nov. 6th :!:

Bought advance tickets to Austin Psych Fest 2012. The line up this past year was that incredible and I'm not a betting man. Until now. 8)
I think I feel it coming on
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Where are Wooden Shjips playing in Detroit?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

spzretent wrote:Where are Wooden Shjips playing in Detroit?
Nov 6 Detroit, MI - Magic Stick Lounge.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Yay! I get to see our psycho former employee.
This ought to be interesting.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Ian Hunter tonight in a small venue.
Over 70 years old and apparently he is still really great live.
I'll report back tomorrow.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Minky wrote:I have tickets for this show next Saturday 10/29.

Special Azusa Plane night with Fuxa, Mariner Nine, Asteroid #4 and more

Some video I recorded of The Asteroid #4 on this odd snowy October night.
http://youtu.be/38owe6U2i1I
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

madeleine peyroux next thursday
death in vegas is dec
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

spzretent wrote:I wish I were in Chicago this weekend.
i'm going to both of these shows. quite excited for both (cave is FREE for fuck's sake!)
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

also, seeing crystal stilts here in december. they came through in may, but they were so fantastic i ended up catching them twice during their visit (they did an instore the next day), so why not catch them again before the year is up. 'in love with oblivion' is highly recommended.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

shalloboi wrote:also, seeing crystal stilts here in december. they came through in may, but they were so fantastic i ended up catching them twice during their visit (they did an instore the next day), so why not catch them again before the year is up. 'in love with oblivion' is highly recommended.
Saw them in Dublin last night. Haven't heard either of their albums, just thought i'd check 'em out. They were ok, probably a bit lightweight for my tastes. The last song was pretty good though, quite a bit of a nod to the Velvets Run,Run,Run. They did give free t-shirts at the end of the gig to the four very enthusiastic fans down the front, which was a nice gesture.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I'm going to check out Rich Robinson next Thursday (Nov. 10). He's doing an in-store appearance that I want to take my son to (as he's learning the guitar I thought it might be good for him to see him). Then, later that evening he plays a proper gig at the Star Theatre that my wife and I are going to go to.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

the antlers: brighton, tomorrow.
their albums are pretty amazing...i'm hoping they can cut it live too. anyone seen them before?
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

Yet to decide whether to go to Sleazys for Acid Mothers Temple tonight - but then I have 4 gigs in 8 days very soonish
The Antlers - King Tuts Nov 15th
Arab Strap - Nice N Sleazys Nov 17th
The Besnard Lakes - King Tuts Nov 19th
Josh T Pearson - Oran Mor Nov 22nd
and then time to rest before
Omar Souleyman - Oran Mor Dec 8th
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

moop wrote:the antlers: brighton, tomorrow.
their albums are pretty amazing...i'm hoping they can cut it live too. anyone seen them before?
What were the Antlers like last night Moop. I was getting confused between them and the Crystal Antlers. Just found a copy of their album, Burst Apart, on my iTunes...must have burnt it off of a mate as sure I haven't bought this. :? Just listening to it now...sounds pretty good.

Are you in the Brighton area then or just down for this gig?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

Shinesalight wrote:
moop wrote:the antlers: brighton, tomorrow.
What were the Antlers like last night Moop. I was getting confused between them and the Crystal Antlers. Just found a copy of their album, Burst Apart, on my iTunes...must have burnt it off of a mate as sure I haven't bought this. :? Just listening to it now...sounds pretty good.

Are you in the Brighton area then or just down for this gig?
If you like Burst Apart definitely make a point of checking out their previous album 'hospice', as it's incredible. someone on this board mentioned that it works well listened to as a companion piece to songs in A&E (esp as they were released around the same time). well, they were right.

They were fantastic actually. I was a little worried based on the few live videos I'd seen that they'd just try to imitate the album tracks, but actually it was totally different. There were extended intros, songs flowing from one to the next, sections drawn out in different ways, classic songs sounding totally different etc. In that sense, it sort of reminded me of a Spz gig. The whole hospice/songs in A&E connection probably aided that comparison (the singer has a + tattooed on his arm. I felt like saying to him 'man, you must really like spiritualized!' haha) They played 'bear' in what seemed half-time compared to the album which was really brave, and oddly enough worked well. Also, they ended with an extended and really intense version of Sylvia, which was incredible. Most of the set was material off the new album, which sounded fantastic live. Beautiful lighting really helped make the whole thing seem really otherworldly (and the singer seemed to be entirely lost in the music, which i always love). My only criticism was that the sound in concorde 2 wasn't great, so i'm sure some of the subtlety was lost. But all in all, a great time. Best gig since RAH, haha..

...and yeah, i'm in the brighton area now. really busy but always on the lookout for good gigs. currently debating whether to go see acid mothers temple. really pissed off at missing bardo pond! maybe we should start a thread for gigs in the area so we don't miss anything :)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

moop wrote: If you like Burst Apart definitely make a point of checking out their previous album 'hospice', as it's incredible. someone on this board mentioned that it works well listened to as a companion piece to songs in A&E (esp as they were released around the same time). well, they were right.
I'm pretty sure that was me. they do go well together, although I will say that A&E is the better album.
although I like Hospice and think it has some awesome moments (the outro to Wake where he repeatedly sings "don't ever let anyone tell you, you deserve that.." always gets me), I don't think it quite lives up to the hype for me, or the story behind it (another Bon Iver situation?).. it's a good album rather than an amazing one.

I haven't heard any of Burst Apart yet.. how does it differ in terms of sound?
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

angelsighs wrote:I'm pretty sure that was me. they do go well together, although I will say that A&E is the better album.
although I like Hospice and think it has some awesome moments (the outro to Wake where he repeatedly sings "don't ever let anyone tell you, you deserve that.." always gets me), I don't think it quite lives up to the hype for me, or the story behind it (another Bon Iver situation?).. it's a good album rather than an amazing one.

I haven't heard any of Burst Apart yet.. how does it differ in terms of sound?
I'm not entirely sure about Burst Apart yet. It's a little more varied and yet more conventionally produced than hospice. Less of the intense sadness (though it's still there), a few more upbeat tracks, some a little heavier, generally still drenched in reverb but for different effect, more falsetto vocals. It's hard to put your finger on, but it feels like they're trying to do something a bit different this time around. I've not had time to listen more than a few times so it still hasn't clicked for me yet. There are about 5 tracks that I think are great and 5 that i'm not sure about yet. Each song seems to have its own atmosphere at the moment if that makes sense, rather than the clear flow of hospice. In short, I have to give it more time, and it's worth you checking out.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

having written that, i just took a walk and listened to the album straight through and it flows a lot better than i thought. also, there are more songs i like on it than i said from memory. in fact i think i really like the whole thing, haha.. i think my expectations were just unrealistically high following hospice (think i wanted 'hospice II' to be honest), so i focused on what i saw as imperfections. listening again, it's basically all great. the last 3 tracks are just divine, in a sad/cosmic way.
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

moop wrote:having written that, i just took a walk and listened to the album straight through and it flows a lot better than i thought. also, there are more songs i like on it than i said from memory. in fact i think i really like the whole thing, haha.. i think my expectations were just unrealistically high following hospice (think i wanted 'hospice II' to be honest), so i focused on what i saw as imperfections. listening again, it's basically all great. the last 3 tracks are just divine, in a sad/cosmic way.
For the last couple of months I’ve been listening to, no actually been obsessed with Burst Apart and this will be my most listened album this year. I must admit I’m not sure about the upbeat tracks and too much falsetto vocals. But the 1st and the last 3 tracks hit me in my soft spot seriously.
Unfortunately I haven’t listened to Hospice yet, which has been in my basket for two years, so can’t compare it with A&E. But I’ve got the exact same feeling while listening to Burst Apart and A&E, I think it’s a some kind of “intimacy” or “closeness” between their sounds and me and for this very reason I love these two albums.
So thanks for your heads up. I think it’s time to proceed to checkout and clear out my basket!
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

you mentioned liking them because of their intimacy, and hospice is an incredibly personal album, so i'm sure it'll live up to your expectations.

when i saw them play i was amused to see they had the same reverb pedal as me (EHX cathedral), which maybe explains when some of their tracks seemed oddly familiar (i'm always playing sad, slow, lullabies through it). almost the same guitar too, only mine's a copy. cheapster, i am. haha...
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

Robotoilet - another really 'intimate'/'personal' band you might like are the Crimea. I just found out they're finally gonna release their long-awaited double-album of new (sort of) stuff soon.
http://www.thecrimea.net/news/crimea-ne ... -order-now
from what i've already heard it should be pretty special. and it looks like gigs are to follow (these are always very intense!). i can't wait!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I am utterly shocked that I didn't know about arab strap. What a disaster.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Nov 19- CAVE
Dec. 3- Chris Robinson Brotherhood
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

redcloud wrote:Nov 19- CAVE
Dec. 3- Chris Robinson Brotherhood
:mrgreen:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

What was the arab strap set?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Saw The Damned in Leeds last night.

A full performance of Damned Damned Damned and The Black Album as their 35th Anniversary. Christ Almighty - 35 years of The Damned?! Just fantastic - the fact they can still do it and with such aplomb is brilliant. Sensible nailed everything - that guy is a fucking genius and, as I know I keep saying, such an underrated guitarist. Why he hasn't worked with other bands as a guest guitarist on an album is very odd. He presents himself as a clown but underneath as a really talented musician. Not just roaring solos but really intricate little riffs and chords played with real venom. Vanian remains a tremendous frontman too - quite a presence. Loads of fun, great band. top night.
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

James T wrote:What was the arab strap set?
They played a one-off gig (and made it clear they aren't reforming) for Nice N Sleazys 20th birthday. It was an acoustic gig, with RM Hubbert and the Twilight Sad supporting. Just Aidan and Malcolm and a drum machine - just under an hour I think, starting with Packs of Three and ending with The First Big Weekend. A really enjoyable evening.

It was announced on Twitter last week - Monday 9am actually, and you had to be fairly quick to email to get tickets! I don't think I'd ever been so happy to be in the office on a Monday morning :D
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Steve Ignorant - The Last Supper, Crass Songs 1977-84.

Last ever performance by Igs of these songs on Saturday night at Shepherd's Bush. Utterly incredible punk rock, with the icing on the cake provided by a suprise appearance from Penny Rimbaud and Eve Libertine for a couple of songs.

Everyone on here knows I hated Spiritualized at the RAH... this allowed me to finally wash that experience out of my hair and reaffirmed my faith in the power of live rock 'n' roll. Unelievable.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Greeny wrote:Steve Ignorant - The Last Supper, Crass Songs 1977-84.

Utterly incredible punk rock, with the icing on the cake provided by a suprise appearance from Penny Rimbaud and Eve Libertine for a couple of songs.
I'd love to have gone to that. What songs did PR and EL appear on?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

runcible wrote:
Greeny wrote:Steve Ignorant - The Last Supper, Crass Songs 1977-84.

Utterly incredible punk rock, with the icing on the cake provided by a suprise appearance from Penny Rimbaud and Eve Libertine for a couple of songs.
I'd love to have gone to that. What songs did PR and EL appear on?
Penny and Steve did 'Do they owe us a living' just the two of them, after which Eve and an as yet unidentified bass player joined them to do 'Darling'. She also sang on 'Shaved Women'. She's still got a hell of a voice. It was a moment I will never forget.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I would really love to have seen that. I just missed a Crass gig in 1981 and have always regretted it. 'Shaved Women' would have been an amazing thing to witness. Did they play 'Big A Little A' and 'Punk Is Dead'?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

runcible wrote:I would really love to have seen that. I just missed a Crass gig in 1981 and have always regretted it. 'Shaved Women' would have been an amazing thing to witness. Did they play 'Big A Little A' and 'Punk Is Dead'?
They played those and just about everything else you could imagine - he was on the stage fully two hours, which is a lot of Crass songs given most of 'em are less than two minutes! It was a true career spanning setlist :wink:

Even managed to squeeze in a Ruts cover...
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Greeny wrote:Even managed to squeeze in a Ruts cover...
Really?! Which song?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

runcible wrote:
Really?! Which song?
West One (Shine on Me) - complete with an appearance on stage by Steve's Norfolk lifeboat crew!!!
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Greeny wrote:
runcible wrote:
Really?! Which song?
West One (Shine on Me) - complete with an appearance on stage by Steve's Norfolk lifeboat crew!!!
Bizarre. That's a pop song!
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Yes, but the lyrics are entirely appropriate to the lifeboat theme. Confused the hell out of a lot of the punters, but I'd already seen this article:

http://thequietus.com/articles/07394-st ... g-lifeboat

So it made perfect sense to me!!!
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

MORRISSEY ON SATURDAY.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

flokie wrote:
James T wrote:What was the arab strap set?
They played a one-off gig (and made it clear they aren't reforming) for Nice N Sleazys 20th birthday. It was an acoustic gig, with RM Hubbert and the Twilight Sad supporting. Just Aidan and Malcolm and a drum machine - just under an hour I think, starting with Packs of Three and ending with The First Big Weekend. A really enjoyable evening.

It was announced on Twitter last week - Monday 9am actually, and you had to be fairly quick to email to get tickets! I don't think I'd ever been so happy to be in the office on a Monday morning :D
Wish I could've made it! To be honest I've spoken to Malcolm a few times a year or so ago and he never seemed dead against it, but always made it clear it was a pretty slim chance. Met Aidan once and he said "no fucking way". Told Malcolm that, had a good chuckle.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Got the Sonic/Panda Bear in London town on Thursday night and then seeing Low down here in Brighton next Saturday. Oh, and though its not a music gig, my girlfriend's sister has bought us tickets to see Eddie Izzard down here in a couple of weeks time.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

MARK LANEGAN BAND!!! :D
O P 8
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I'm really pissed because I'm supposed to be going to Low in Brighton on Saturday. I have a problem getting from/back to Manchester though. If anyone is thinking about it and from around this area, wants to drive... yunno... you can come in for free and I will pay some petrol cost... just an idea.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

BzaInSpace wrote:MARK LANEGAN BAND!!! :D
yep. what i love most isn't that it's a return to 'Band' or the fact it's like mark's 5th tour in about 7 or so years (was it only last yr he did the solo/acoustic shows? that was the gig of whatever year that was!)..

what i love most is the reasonable ticket prices. 15 clams is bang on the nose what gigs should cost (for bigger name acts like mark, usually something like 8-12 canoli's would be acceptable for newer/younger/less established/not as good acts).

& he's bringing Creature w/the Atom Brain as support.
now i've never heard them, but i love the roky song they're named after so am hoping for a nice psych-y evening.
those few weeks in march are gonna be fucking nuts tho. mark one week then maybe spz the week after?? or two weeks? still, my bday in the middle of it all. looking forward to it..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

jack white wrote:was it only last yr he did the solo/acoustic shows? that was the gig of whatever year that was!)..
Yes. But, he only played four dates on the West Coast. Seattle, Portland, SF and LA. It was a wonderful treat to hear just his songs and not Twilight Singers, Gutter Twins or Isobel Campbell material. Just Lanegan and an acoustic guitarist dipping heavily into his solo back catalog, a few Screaming Trees songs and a couple covers. Truly sublime.

I am so excited to know that he has recorded a new LP and will hopefully be bringing an electrified version of his band back to the west coast.
fritz
New user

Post by fritz »

Caught the pink mountaintops at Le Guess Who Festival last weekend in Utrecht Holland , excellent if short set due to being part of a festival , met frontman Stephen McBean who tells me he is indeed a Spiritualized fan , deffo worth seeing the mountaintops or black mountain it u ever get the chance

some video i took

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H86TxX_ZHQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf2QPiGaRMY