What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

niamhm
Known user

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by niamhm »

Laz69 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:34 pm I had the Mary Chain in Glasgow next week @ Barras and they are threatening similar action here. Just waiting to hear. My better half is also starting to stress about our Portugal break at the end of April.

Don't get me wrong, i understand it serious, but i do think a lot of this is being blown out of proportion. The fear mongering and panic spread by the fucking press is outrageous.

Not fucking happy... :evil:
Me too Laz, bit annoyed as I`ve been looking forward to this one for a while, only consolation is it`ll probably be rescheduled for later in the yr
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Laz69 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:34 pm My better half is also starting to stress about our Portugal break at the end of April.

Don't get me wrong, i understand it serious, but i do think a lot of this is being blown out of proportion. The fear mongering and panic spread by the fucking press is outrageous.

Not fucking happy... :evil:
We're supposed to be heading off for a week in the sun next week. Fuck knows what'll happen :roll:

Agree on the fear mongering. Bonkers.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Got tickets for 4 gigs before the end of April which I guess will be turning into Gigs I`ve Got Coming Up I wont Be Going To Just Yet. I see RSD has been postponed along with tours all over the place, going to have quite a knock on effect in the music/ live music industry area,
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Might not have anymore future concerts because of the virus. Coachella has been pushed back. Major sporting events have been postponed/cancelled including English Premier League, Serie A, March Madness ( college basketball tournament ), NBA, etc.

Each city, county, state dictate their own laws. Some cities you can't gather with more than 100+ due to the virus. Trader Joe's (owned by Aldi in the States) is limiting people inside their stores now. :oops:
rapideye
Known user

Post by rapideye »

So, maybe we need a 'What gigs were you supposed to attend but have now been postponed?' a bit depressing? For me, Nick Cave in London in May has been postponed. Pretty gutted as it would be great but also my Wife and I were having our first night away without Kids to head off to see it. Never-mind, the sun has been out the last few days and it'll come around again. Of course, I'm now thinking I might be able to get tickets for the Amsterdam gig instead :twisted: Silver linings.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

... or maybe we need a “what virtual gigs do you have coming up?” theme.

for me, Low on their IG live every friday has been a godsend, along with all the terrific deejays doing live sets. robyn hitchcock and emma swift each week on stageit has been lovely as well, but other than those i don’t have good leads on what’s out there.

what live-from-home quarantine gigs have you found out there, and who are you looking forward to seeing?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I watch Robyn Hitchcock's shows every week. Seems like Dean and Britta do one every month, which have been fantastic. Sharon Van Etten did one that was pretty good.

Last Thursday Angel Olsen did a "live" (it def wasn't a live stream) show in a church/studio in North Carolina that was absolutely fantastic. The woman operating the camera was moving around Angel and the sound was perfect.

I think the bottom line is that I'm not getting stir crazy seeing that I've missed so many shows I had tickets for this year. Missed Swans, Kraftwerk, Stereolab, Quasi, Nick Cave, Echo and the Bunnymen, among a few others I can't remember right now.

I miss going to shows so much. I teared up watching the Dean and Britta shows and straight cried watching Angel Olsen. It wasn't because the songs were sad. It was because I miss watching music being made. I'm fucking frustrated with my country (US) right now and I'm embarrassed by our history and where were are right now. Let's just hope people start acting like they give a fuck and we can get to the point where shows can happen again. /rant
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

toomilk wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 am I'm fucking frustrated with my country (US) right now and I'm embarrassed by our history and where were are right now. Let's just hope people start acting like they give a fuck and we can get to the point where shows can happen again. /rant
Unfortunately I think we are in for a bumpy 5 months until we can vote him/them out. The whole non reacting and doing nothing from January to March and then this whole opening the economy gamble ain't workin' out so well for him. I hate him so fucking much.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

spzretent wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:24 pm
toomilk wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 am I'm fucking frustrated with my country (US) right now and I'm embarrassed by our history and where were are right now. Let's just hope people start acting like they give a fuck and we can get to the point where shows can happen again. /rant
Unfortunately I think we are in for a bumpy 5 months until we can vote him/them out. The whole non reacting and doing nothing from January to March and then this whole opening the economy gamble ain't workin' out so well for him. I hate him so fucking much.
We've got another 4.5 years of our bumbling fuckwit of a PM. He has been even more disastrous that Trump in terms of deaths/capita. I refuse to to hate anyone or anything but I have absolutely zero fucks to give about the regime responsible for the last decade of decline, despair and now death in the UK.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

olan wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 pm
We've got another 4.5 years of our bumbling fuckwit of a PM. He has been even more disastrous that Trump in terms of deaths/capita. I refuse to to hate anyone or anything but I have absolutely zero fucks to give about the regime responsible for the last decade of decline, despair and now death in the UK.
I don't use the word hate lightly but in this case it is apropos. I hate Trump and the damage, division and death he has caused here. The relentless flow of shit from this administration is exhausting to put it mildly. Our history? No idea why traitors and losers are celebrated here. Makes zero sense. The racism? Lets hope this is the start of some meaningful change.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

spzretent wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm
olan wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 pm
I don't use the word hate lightly but in this case it is apropos. I hate Trump and the damage, division and death he has caused here. The relentless flow of shit from this administration is exhausting to put it mildly. Our history? No idea why traitors and losers are celebrated here. Makes zero sense. The racism? Lets hope this is the start of some meaningful change.
Agreed!
I think I feel it coming on
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

agreed as well. beyond worst nightmares.

thanks, toomilk, for that list.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Even though i had plenty of gigs lined up for 2020, surprisingly, i don't miss them at all. Probably because there's none on anywhere.
If it were a case of shows taking place and me not being able to attend well then i'd be fairly pissed off, otherwise no, not an issue. Glad of the break to be honest; money saved, no driving up and down to the city whilst tired, no parking issues, no dealing with wankers in the audience (What a miserable old cunt i am :lol: ).

I have no interest in virtual gigs or listening parties. Tried a couple but not for me.

Oh, apologies to our American friends but Trump will be voted back in.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:08 pm Even though i had plenty of gigs lined up for 2020, surprisingly, i don't miss them at all. Probably because there's none on anywhere.
If it were a case of shows taking place and me not being able to attend well then i'd be fairly pissed off, otherwise no, not an issue. Glad of the break to be honest; money saved, no driving up and down to the city whilst tired, no parking issues, no dealing with wankers in the audience (What a miserable old cunt i am :lol: ).
I’m kind of feeling that way too. This year I was kinda going more for quality over quantity with gigs anyway. If others were able to go, I would have ‘fear of missing out’ but that doesn’t apply here. Saving a fair few quid too!
It was a little nauseating for the grumpy side of me, how much hype there was on the Glastonbury weekend, people doing “Glasto at home” etc. and the beeb filling out the gaps in the schedule with old live sets. they do realise Glastonbury doesn’t actually happen every year anyway?
The bigger issue is what the music industry will look like on the other side of all this.
toomilk wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 am Last Thursday Angel Olsen did a "live" (it def wasn't a live stream) show in a church/studio in North Carolina that was absolutely fantastic. The woman operating the camera was moving around Angel and the sound was perfect.
That’s interesting- it’s great that she’s putting a lot of work into it etc. but if it’s not fully live it begs the question, why wouldn’t I just find another live set of hers on youtube and watch it back? Although I do realise they are pretty unique sets, and you can make requests and stuff.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I've just realised that this will be the first summer in 30 years i won't have attended a festival.

It takes a global pandemic to hold me back. Word.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Just bought tickets for Dead Can Dance in Dublin next April :roll:

I've had plenty of gigs rescheduled for next year but i suspect they'll be pushed back again as most are for the January-April period.
Had Follakzoid, Oh Sees and Pigsx7 due in Oct./Nov but no way will they be going ahead.

Also was informed that Ticketmaster have got rid of most of their outlets around the country thus forcing purchases online and the exorbitant fees that go with that. Plus, not every gig offers a ticket printout option, making life more difficult for non smartphone owners.
Ticketbastard indeed. Wankers. :evil:
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:31 am Just bought tickets for Dead Can Dance in Dublin next April :roll:

I've had plenty of gigs rescheduled for next year but i suspect they'll be pushed back again as most are for the January-April period.
Had Follakzoid, Oh Sees and Pigsx7 due in Oct./Nov but no way will they be going ahead.

Also was informed that Ticketmaster have got rid of most of their outlets around the country thus forcing purchases online and the exorbitant fees that go with that. Plus, not every gig offers a ticket printout option, making life more difficult for non smartphone owners.
Ticketbastard indeed. Wankers. :evil:
I’m going to the Dead Can Dance gigs. We went to Lisbon in 2018 for a couple of their greatest hits shows which were great. The last DCD gig I saw in Dublin at the Bord Gais theatre was duff though. I’m supposed to be going over for the rescheduled Nick Cave shows soon after that. Chuck in Sonic’s tour in March and the mini Psych Fest in Liverpool and there is lots to look forward to.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I enjoyed the Bord Gais gig. My only other time seeing DCD was at the Olympia in 1996, the day after Leftfield/Chemical Brothers/Fluke in the Point. The perfect comedown it has to be said.
If the stars align we might actually manage to meet up!
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:03 am I enjoyed the Bord Gais gig. My only other time seeing DCD was at the Olympia in 1996, the day after Leftfield/Chemical Brothers/Fluke in the Point. The perfect comedown it has to be said.
If the stars align we might actually manage to meet up!
I think I was at that 1996 one in the Olympia too. I had flown in from Melbourne two days previously so jetlag and a hectic afternoon in the pub didn't help much. :shock: . I was also at the 10th March 2005 gig at the Olympia having flown in that morning from Melbourne via Heathrow,.... I was bollocked by the taxi driver for being impossible to wake up that night.

Happy Days.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

The Dead Can Dance gigs scheduled for April 2021 have all be postponed until 2022 now. I was supposed to travel over to Dublin for a rescheduled Nick Cave gig next April too. I'm hoping that is postponed again as the thoughts of getting on a plane (let alone a Ryanair flight) don't exactly thrill me.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

First decent sized gigs since March 2020 really, 3x the JAMC this weekend, had tickets for the Sunday at Barrowlands then when a second date was put on for the Monday decided to go with my daughter a while back - these gigs were announced about 2 yrs ago - then finally got a couple of tickets for for the warm up show show at Stereo on Saturday about a week ago - this is a 300 capacity, in 36 yrs of going to see them I`ve never seen then in a place this small, so had to go again - so going to be Mary Chained to f#ck this weekend, two venues a bunch of different folk, looking forward to this, as a bit of an old fart I just hope my stamina holds out :lol:
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

niamhm wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:48 pm First decent sized gigs since March 2020 really, 3x the JAMC this weekend, had tickets for the Sunday at Barrowlands then when a second date was put on for the Monday decided to go with my daughter a while back - these gigs were announced about 2 yrs ago - then finally got a couple of tickets for for the warm up show show at Stereo on Saturday about a week ago - this is a 300 capacity, in 36 yrs of going to see them I`ve never seen then in a place this small, so had to go again - so going to be Mary Chained to f#ck this weekend, two venues a bunch of different folk, looking forward to this, as a bit of an old fart I just hope my stamina holds out :lol:
Looking forward to hearing all about this Gary. Especially given the fact that the second set is going to be primarily songs that were never, or rarely, performed before (more bands should do this).
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

sunray wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:52 am
niamhm wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:48 pm First decent sized gigs since March 2020 really, 3x the JAMC this weekend, had tickets for the Sunday at Barrowlands then when a second date was put on for the Monday decided to go with my daughter a while back - these gigs were announced about 2 yrs ago - then finally got a couple of tickets for for the warm up show show at Stereo on Saturday about a week ago - this is a 300 capacity, in 36 yrs of going to see them I`ve never seen then in a place this small, so had to go again - so going to be Mary Chained to f#ck this weekend, two venues a bunch of different folk, looking forward to this, as a bit of an old fart I just hope my stamina holds out :lol:
Looking forward to hearing all about this Gary. Especially given the fact that the second set is going to be primarily songs that were never, or rarely, performed before (more bands should do this).
I can’t believe they played Stereo! That’s like them playing in your sitting room. How was it?
O P 8
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Jesus & Mary Chain @ Barras last night was excellent. 2 sets; Darklands in full, then a collection of random odds and sods.

Felt the band were a little rusty for the Darklands set and thought the sound was a little unbalanced (vocals low, William's guitar seemed a little too loud compared to the rest) but opener Darklands, Happy When it Rains and April Skies still got the crowd going and singing along. Quick break, then back for the 2nd half. Definitely upp'ed a gear as the 2nd half was much better. We got (amongst others) Come On, God Help Me, Kill Surf City and they finished with a superb Never Understand.

A great, and very long overdue, night with the Reid brothers. 8)
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

I'd love to have one with Spiritualized coming up, but there are no Midwest America shows as of yet. Does anyone have an idea of when that might happen?
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

nghst wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:01 am I'd love to have one with Spiritualized coming up, but there are no Midwest America shows as of yet. Does anyone have an idea of when that might happen?
I'm doubting there will be any east coast/mid-west dates this time based on the March/April schedule that's been posted with new west coast dates recently announced. It makes sense since the west coast never got the ANH tour. Personally gutted but that's my unfortunate prediction.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

This will be the first year in three that we're going back to gigs. So far, we've booked Orville Peck in April, Brian Jonestown Massacre w/Mercury Rev in May, and Sharon Van Etten in August. It feels really good having live music to look forward to again :D
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Well, my next one should have been The Chameleons on Friday. But just had an email to say it's been postponed (presumably someones got covid).. to December!
Means I've got nothing now until May.. still not been to a gig since 2019 :o
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angel-sighs wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:58 pm Well, my next one should have been The Chameleons on Friday. But just had an email to say it's been postponed (presumably someones got covid).. to December!
Means I've got nothing now until May.. still not been to a gig since 2019 :o
Bloody hell 'Sighs, that's grim.
I've got tickets for The Altered Hours, Sons Of Kemet, Yard Act, Gilla Band, Low, The Lovely Eggs, Earthless, Squid, Mogwai, Spiritualized, Oh Sees, Jane Weaver, Just Mustard, Parquet Courts, Primal Scream, all of which takes me up to the end of June. Then Godflesh (Nov.) and The Cure (Dec.)
These are a combination of reschedules and new additions. There's probably another ten i'm intending to go to between now and end of June.

Plus Heavy Psych Fest in Liverpool and All Together Now and Electric Picnic festivals.
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

purespace wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:37 pm
nghst wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:01 am I'd love to have one with Spiritualized coming up, but there are no Midwest America shows as of yet. Does anyone have an idea of when that might happen?
I'm doubting there will be any east coast/mid-west dates this time based on the March/April schedule that's been posted with new west coast dates recently announced. It makes sense since the west coast never got the ANH tour. Personally gutted but that's my unfortunate prediction.
https://consequence.net/wp-content/uplo ... ze=912,912

There was a full West coast / East coast tour for ANH, but with only a week between the end of the West coast dates and the UK dates this time, its unlikely that any dates could be scheduled in for that period. On the other hand, there's a 3 week gap between the European dates and the West coast ones, so it would seem logical to arrange any East coast dates for then. I'm assuming the East coast venues on the ANH tour were just as well supported as the West coast ones, so it would be interesting to find out why nothing is planned (as yet) for those cities.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

sunray wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:00 am
Bloody hell 'Sighs, that's grim.
I know, right? I know gigs have still been happening here and there, but nothing that really made me want to take the leap back out there. Also wanted to stay local because of potential cancellations.
The rearranged Chameleons date is the day after my birthday so that's quite good.
Thought about Echo & The Bunnymen but £40 is rather steep and last time I saw them Ian threw a hissy fit.
May will hopefully bring Earthless, Om and a little band called Spiritualized (first time since that psych fest set..2015, 2016?)
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I have Ride at Manchester and Glasgow. Mogwai somewhere in Europe, not sure which one yet, Spiritualized but again not sure which one/s to do
osees in Manchester in May, Parquet Courts and The Cure probably. As regards Lovely eggs Joycey, playing with them in July :D
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Aquarian-Time wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:33 pm I have Ride at Manchester and Glasgow. Mogwai somewhere in Europe, not sure which one yet, Spiritualized but again not sure which one/s to do
osees in Manchester in May, Parquet Courts and The Cure probably. As regards Lovely eggs Joycey, playing with them in July :D
Nice one Dave, well done! I'll have been waiting a full two years and multiple reschedules for their gig to happen (same for the Oh Sees too).
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

ABOCA wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:40 pm
purespace wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:37 pm
https://consequence.net/wp-content/uplo ... ze=912,912

There was a full West coast / East coast tour for ANH, but with only a week between the end of the West coast dates and the UK dates this time, its unlikely that any dates could be scheduled in for that period. On the other hand, there's a 3 week gap between the European dates and the West coast ones, so it would seem logical to arrange any East coast dates for then. I'm assuming the East coast venues on the ANH tour were just as well supported as the West coast ones, so it would be interesting to find out why nothing is planned (as yet) for those cities.
Yeah, I take that back. US east coast dates just announced for September :D :D :D
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

First gig this year tomorrow night, Glasvegas at SWG3 with my daughter, looking forward to this, big tunes, bit heart and booming Spector/Chain-esque wall of sound, had the tickets for almost 2 yrs and I think this is the 3rd time its been rescheduled - last time was only 3 weeks ago at 3 days notice - so fingers crossed,

Then Twilight Sad next Friday at Barrowlands, I`m aware this is another Scottish band not afraid to hide their accent, its just a coincidence I assure you, I have a spare ticket if anyone can make it
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

My brother and I are seeing Kurt Vile in Chicago May 27, then AUROURA in Detroit May 28. Should be a fun weekend!
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Just bought tickets for Dead Can Dance in Copenhagen in November.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

cantona wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:48 am Just bought tickets for Dead Can Dance in Copenhagen in November.
I saw them in Manchester the other day. It was good, but nowhere near as good as the 2019 shows I saw.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

olan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:21 am
cantona wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:48 am Just bought tickets for Dead Can Dance in Copenhagen in November.
I saw them in Manchester the other day. It was good, but nowhere near as good as the 2019 shows I saw.
I was pretty miffed that they cancelled the Dublin gig completely. Only one on the tour afaik. Doubly odd, when they usually start or finish their tours in Dublin.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:10 pm
I was pretty miffed that they cancelled the Dublin gig completely. Only one on the tour afaik. Doubly odd, when they usually start or finish their tours in Dublin.
I've seen them a lot. Most recently I was at the Bórd Gáis Theatre gig in Dublin in 2013 which I thought was poor. We saw them in the Aula Magna in Lisbon in 2019 which was excellent. The Manchester gig was good, but nowhere near as good as Lisbon. They had some technical problems and Lisa Gerrard had some issues with her voice. I didn't stay for the encore as I had a train to catch but there was a fair exodus at the end of the main set. I'ld give it a 7/10.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

olan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:02 pm
I've seen them a lot. Most recently I was at the Bórd Gáis Theatre gig in Dublin in 2013 which I thought was poor. We saw them in the Aula Magna in Lisbon in 2019 which was excellent. The Manchester gig was good, but nowhere near as good as Lisbon. They had some technical problems and Lisa Gerrard had some issues with her voice. I didn't stay for the encore as I had a train to catch but there was a fair exodus at the end of the main set. I'ld give it a 7/10.
I saw some clips from the Nantes concert and it looked promising
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

cantona wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:46 pm
olan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:02 pm
I saw some clips from the Nantes concert and it looked promising
I am not a huge fan of the new arrangements and interpretations of the older songs. That said, it is tremendous that they are still willing to play live as I really can't see it being a huge money-spinner in the current climate. Any DCD gig is a good gig by definition...just some are better than others.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Delighted at the news of a Stoner double-header par excellence coming up in July; Nebula and The Atomic Bitchwax.

Plus Follakzoid arriving in July also (the gig was originally scheduled for April 2020 :shock: ). Almost got my ticket refunded on a couple of occasions but the promoter was confident he'd work a date out with them eventually so i held on.

Plenty more before that though starting on Tuesday, when i shall be out most evenings for the next few weeks (if my body and wallet stands up to it!). Bit peeved that all the gigs are happening at the business end of the football and snooker. I'm hoping the snooker final finishes a session early 'cos Earthless are playing that night. I am gonna miss the CL semis though, and a large chunk of the FA Cup :cry:
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

A late offer of a ticket to see The Music on Tue, couldn`t resist the chance to see Leeds finest one last time then Mick Head And The Red Elastic Band on the Bank Holiday Friday
White__Light
Known user

Post by White__Light »

Mogwai last night and The Smile on Monday.
rapideye
Known user

Post by rapideye »

I was also at Mogwai last night. Brilliant. My first time at the Ally Pally. Lovely venue, no idea the view of London was so good from up there.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Micheal Head in Liverpool (at a Church from memory)
Soundcarriers The Carlton Club Manchester
Stereolab New Century Hall Manchester

probably Dream Syndicate in London

And last minute decision this weekend, i shall be at Bluedot Festival, full Spiritualized review to follow They are on tomorrow 2300 to 0030 so a decent set in prospect
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Checked what day the band were playing Bluedot out of curiosity, looks like they have been cancelled due to covid :? Hope all is okay, not sure how it might hit Jason if he's had lung issues in the past

In terms of my gig going year, it's only been Spiritualized so far. Mixture of lack of motivation, not much out there I see as essential etc. But here's some possibles going forward.

Minami Deustch
Ryley Walker
Rose City Band
Night Beats
Acid Mothers Temple

May also be tempted by the Dream Syndicate
I am Solarflare
Known user

Post by I am Solarflare »

Ty Segall
Troxy
23rd August
ibex1251
Known user

Post by ibex1251 »

John Cooper Clarke

Ian Brown

Brian Jonestown Massacre

...all in Edinburgh over the next few months
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

That would be Dean Wareham tomorrow night and Pixies next Thursday, never seen the Pixies since 1989,
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Was going to see Dead Can Dance in Copenhagen, but they have cancelled the Europe/North America, due to health reasons.
discofries
Known user

Post by discofries »

Orville Peck (he is amazing live!)
B-52s :)
The Smile
Was gonna go see Dead Can Dance but they've cancelled :(
Would like to see Stereolab but I'll be out of town
--
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Helicon, The Janitors & Filth Spector next week. Been keen to see The Janitors for years now and they are finally coming to Glasgow after the postponed gig last Winter. Helicon, who are just phenomenal live, and Filth Spector are all good friends of mine and it will be great to have such triple bill to watch. Totally family affair too as me, the missus, my youngest daughter and my son and his girlfriend all heading along. We might actually make up most of the audience! (but i hope not :lol: ).

Godspeed! You Back Emperor a few days after that. Again, so excited for this and my son is coming with me too. He's never seen them live and also never been to the Barras either, so this will be a feast on the senses! A band i promised i would make sure he saw.

Mogwai, again at the Barras. 23rd Dec. Hometown Xmas show. Guess what? My son and missus are coming with me to this :lol: Another band my son has never seen* but has obsessed over for a long time. I have found myself listening to them a lot more recently. Never fell out of love for them or anything, but just haven't made it along to any of their shows over recent years. Missus and I promised ourselves we would go see them the next time they are in town, and i couldn't possibly go and not have my son there :)

(*My son has previously been at a Mogwai gig, but the missus was 6months pregnant with him at the time, so he prob only "felt" the gig :lol: )

Gigs that i am thinking about...

Daddy Long Legs (Blues sensations coming back to Glasgow in October. I will very likely be at this. Superb rock'n'roll!)
White Hills
Vacant Lots
BJM (Will most likely be at this too, but a little away yet)

Few others of interest but, just can't make them all...
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Rose City Band
Agnes Obel
Anna Von Hausswolff
Godspeed You Black Emperor
Ditz
Tess Parks
Warmduscher
White Hills
TV Priest
Future Islands.
2023}
BJM ×2
Leicester Psych Festival.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Really in 2 minds about Godspeed myself, i think the date here is almost sold out but a few tickets left. The last couple of albums haven't excited me to say the least, but I have found them good live

Might be going to check out Rose City Band next week after the good reports here.

Some possibles seem to be popping up for 2023, with BJM, Fuzz and also some Mogwai dates
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Could've been at Rose City Band tonight but it's in Dun Laoghaire which is a total pain in the arse for me to get to, so I passed :(

Tickets bought for Loop, Thumper, Godflesh, Amyl & The Sniffers, Working Mens Club, Wet Leg, The Cure and BJM (2023 for Anton). Another 13 or 14 probables on top of that for the rest of 2022 though.
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

Spiritualized in Philly, Jersey City and NYC. Nothing else planned at the moment!

(ETA: this one didn't age well :( )
- ...if you've got a lonely heart too...

- Come on baby, stop your crying

- Don't wanna live, but I can't resist

- I would rather add some life to my years
swmcsherry
Known user

BTS? No, not the boy band. Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by swmcsherry »

Maybe some Built to Spill shows on the west coast - missed them when they were closer to home, and will be elsewhere for most of November.

Who has seen them on this tour - how has it been so far?

niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Hopefully make White Hills next week then The Cure start of Dec. and Mogwai the week b4 Xmas at the Barras, Mick Head a couple of nights after The Cure maybe, need to see nearer the time, fingers crossed though and that’s the yr done
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Managed to get to London today with all the travel disruption (train strikes on and off). Totally agree with the RMT though. Shacklewell Arms tonight The Asteroid no.4 with Magic Shoppe support. Hopefully in for a treat. Next week White Hills and TV Priest.
Ammuniti0n Train
Known user

Post by Ammuniti0n Train »

This is my first post after being a Lurker for a few months ...... so, after not going to ANY gigs for 3 years (Psychedelic Furs) I have 2 coming up:
Courtney Barnett at Brighton Dome UK this Saturday
Ezra Furman at St George's Church Brighton next week
slide_song
Known user

Post by slide_song »

traveling to maryland and philadelphia for shows on friday and saturday to see suede for the first time. have loved them for over half my life and never thought they’d come back to the US.
swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

slide_song wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:32 am traveling to maryland and philadelphia for shows on friday and saturday to see suede for the first time. have loved them for over half my life and never thought they’d come back to the US.
Was thinking of that Philadelphia show too...such a tempting opportunity!

swmcsherry
Known user

Post by swmcsherry »

slide_song wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:32 am traveling to maryland and philadelphia for shows on friday and saturday to see suede for the first time. have loved them for over half my life and never thought they’d come back to the US.
How were the shows? Didn't make it, too much traveling lately!

slide_song
Known user

Post by slide_song »

swmcsherry wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:27 am How were the shows? Didn't make it, too much traveling lately!
oh my lord, they were just incredible!
i hear you about the traveling though. it is an adventure, but one that definitely wears you out and can be so expensive even if you are trying to be careful and rough it.
i’ve honestly been looking at their march uk tour dates though and trying to figure out how i could possibly make a few of them because i guess i’m crazy :?