What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Shinesalight
Known user

What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by Shinesalight »

I was writing down some upcoming gigs in my diary earlier and wondered what the rest of you had lined up to go and see in the early part of this year. So far I've got tickets for The Telescopes, Girls, Alexander Tucker, Wooden Shjips,Wolf Parade all in Brighton and Pavement in London. I'm also hoping to see BRMC, Midlake and Eat Lights;Become Lights. So, who are you lot looking forward to seeing?

Oh, and last night I went to see Marble Valley who are the drummer from Pavement, Steve West's, offshoot project. Very entertaining they were too.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
nickh
Known user

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by nickh »

That’s some list!

I have got one ticket for the Spaceman/Shipp/Coxon/Noble thing at Café Oto in February. After the Spaceshipp gig last year no one will come with me!

Tindersticks at Shepherds Bush. Have some reservations about this show, I attended a Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds gig here many years ago and couldn’t see a thing. I also saw Acoustic Mainlines here and left before the end because I couldn’t hear the band who were drowned out by people talking all the way through. I have unreserved seats so will just try and get to the gig early.

Iggy & the Stooges and Suicide at Hammersmith. This is one I am really looking forward to and I think it’s going to be a gut churning, sleep deprived Easter weekend worrying about how good (or bad) this could be. Was lucky enough to see The Stooges play a fantastic set at Glastonbury but have heard some pretty negative things about Suicide live recently.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

kurt vile, woods, brian jonestown massacre. those are the big ones.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Cluster, Asian Dub Foundation, Retribution Gospel Choir, Archie Bronson Outfit, Lee "Scratch" Perry/ The Congos/ Max Romeo, Wooden Shjips, LCD Soundsystem, Crystal Antlers, Pavement, Brian Jonestown Massacre. That lot takes me up to May but i'm certain there'll be more added to the list. Plus Life, Glastonbury and Electric Picnic festivals. Oh and Frankie Boyle too!
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Bloody hell - I feel like we have a gig famine in my area!

I'm seeing a local band - D'Nile - on Friday as a guy who used to work for me is in their guitarist. Got tickets for The Damned in Leeds in May, also hoping the Wooden Shjips in Leeds in April and maybe The Heads/Shjips the following day.

And that is IT.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Possibly the Spaceman Cafe Oto thing, then definites are Haushka, Panda Bear, Rufus Wainwright and...er...that's it. Pretty slim line up, must try to bolster it up soon!!
laid back in the sun
Known user

Post by laid back in the sun »

runcible wrote:
I'm seeing a local band - D'Nile - on Friday as a guy who used to work for me is in their guitarist.
is the guitarist cool with that?? :shock: :lol:
hey man theres a hole in my nose where all the money goes
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

laid back in the sun wrote: is the guitarist cool with that?? :shock: :lol:
Course - we stayed mates and he came round personally with freebie tickets!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Grizzly Bear, Mono, A Silver Mt Zion, The Magnetic Fields, Patti Smith, BRMC, Wooden Shjips/Pavement. Some of those are maybes at the moment though.

can't believe gonna have to start thinking about festivals soon too.. they seem to be announced and sell out so quickly these days.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

angelsighs wrote:Grizzly Bear
What are your thoughts on these? I've only heard a few of their tracks on MySpace but a journalist friend might be able to get a couple of press tickets for their sold out Brighton gig. Failing that, I've another friend who's quite high up at the Roundhouse so perhaps she could pull some strings for me (its not what you know etc.!!!).
angelsighs wrote:A Silver Mt Zion
These guys are playing a real cool venue in Brighton too, but again don't know too much about them. Worth seeing?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
laid back in the sun
Known user

Post by laid back in the sun »

laid back in the sun wrote:
sorry that was just my filthy mind working overtime :oops:
Oops. Just seen my typo, which I'll leave to add weight to your joke. Managed to miss it first time!
hey man theres a hole in my nose where all the money goes
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Ads wrote:
angelsighs wrote:Grizzly Bear
What are your thoughts on these? I've only heard a few of their tracks on MySpace but a journalist friend might be able to get a couple of press tickets for their sold out Brighton gig. Failing that, I've another friend who's quite high up at the Roundhouse so perhaps she could pull some strings for me (its not what you know etc.!!!).
angelsighs wrote:A Silver Mt Zion
These guys are playing a real cool venue in Brighton too, but again don't know too much about them. Worth seeing?
I saw Grizzly Bear at ATP in 2007 and really enjoyed it- it was so atmospheric, on a small stage late at night. I got the current (at the time) album Yellow House which i still love. It took me much longer to get Veckatimest.. the hype went ballistic, and I thought it wasn't any better than Yellow House. They seemed to have sacrified the atmosphere for annoyingly intricate songs with no hooks.. however I persevered and very slowly its charms emerged. Still not sure if they are too clever for their own good though. In a nutshell- they are really good live but hardly pulse racing.

A Silver Mt Zion are a Godspeed offshoot, they are not quite as epic as them but the albums I've got i really like- more classical bits and vocals. Never seen them live. Which Brighton venue are they playing?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

angelsighs wrote:Which Brighton venue are they playing?
They're playing at St George's Church in Kemptown (http://www.stgeorges-church.org/venue.html). Do you know of it?

Will definitely give them and Grizzly Bear a listen. Actually, Beach House, who are supporting Grizzly Bear on this tour, have been given record of the week by my local record store. Will give them a listen as well. Looks like my gig diary may have a few welcome additions.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Ads wrote:
angelsighs wrote:Which Brighton venue are they playing?
They're playing at St George's Church in Kemptown (http://www.stgeorges-church.org/venue.html). Do you know of it?

Will definitely give them and Grizzly Bear a listen. Actually, Beach House, who are supporting Grizzly Bear on this tour, have been given record of the week by my local record store. Will give them a listen as well. Looks like my gig diary may have a few welcome additions.
ah cool, a church is a really good venue for them I imagine. I've been to a few venues in Brighton as I've got friends there, but don't know that one. I'll have to check out Beach House too, they seem quite highly regarded. Always good to give the support act a go.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

sunray wrote:Archie Bronson Outfit
I didn't even know these chaps were touring Sunray. Really enjoyed them when I saw them in Brighton a couple of years ago and when they supported Spiritualized at the Roundhouse. I checked out their website after you mentioned them and I see they've got a new album out in March....very good news indeed. Shame they're not playing down in Brighton...its not a very extensive tour schedule is it? I wonder if they will add more dates or have plans to support someone?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Wooden Shjips/Heads - Bush Hall
British Sea Power - New Slang, Kingston
Iggy and the Stooges - Hammersmith Apollo

And

the Lost Soul Crusade - 333, Old Street 13th Feb
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Ads wrote:
sunray wrote:Archie Bronson Outfit
I didn't even know these chaps were touring Sunray. Really enjoyed them when I saw them in Brighton a couple of years ago and when they supported Spiritualized at the Roundhouse. I checked out their website after you mentioned them and I see they've got a new album out in March....very good news indeed. Shame they're not playing down in Brighton...its not a very extensive tour schedule is it? I wonder if they will add more dates or have plans to support someone?
I only checked the tour dates after this post, feeling very lucky that we're getting them in Ireland now. I reckon they'll be a fixture on the festival circuit and then probably an autumn tour. That's pure speculation on my part though :lol:
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

None! This town STINKS!!! The only thing that has hit this town this year that I
would even budge going to. AIR fucking AIR...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

M
Design.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I'd go see AIR! I saw 'em at Coachella a few years ago and thought they were good. I'm not that into their last few albums, but Talkie Walkie was genius.

I'll probably try to make it to Kings of Convenience at Metro on Feb. 20th. Other than that, I think Soft Speaker is playing on Feb. 4th at Double Door and Darkroom on Feb. 26th. I'll be at both of those :shock:
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Busy week ahead with a hat-trick of gigs; MV and EE tonight, The Telescopes on Thursday and Soft Pack on Sunday. Oh, and I'm also going to see Eat Lights;Become Lights in London on Saturday night. Fucking gig-tastic!!!!!!
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Ads wrote:Busy week ahead with a hat-trick of gigs; MV and EE tonight, The Telescopes on Thursday and Soft Pack on Sunday. Oh, and I'm also going to see Eat Lights;Become Lights in London on Saturday night. Fucking gig-tastic!!!!!!

I hate you Ads. ;)

M
Design.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Cheers Modlab! But the worst thing is that I still moan when bands don't come down to Brighton on tour. Didn't realise how spoilt I am on the gig front really. Plus London's really not that far to see the bands who don't venture down here. I fucking love gigs :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

gig I'm missing today : king khan and bbq show (damn)
otherwise:
mono (without the full orchestra)
master musicians of bukkake (amazing live band)
...tbc
"Thank you"
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Blimey, I wish had as much spare cash as some of you lot. My gig list is:

Wooden Shjips - Bush Hall

And that's it. Not the best list is it.

I did have 2 tickets for Iggy & The Stooges/Suicide but decided to sell them back to the agency. Thought long and hard about it and the £70 back in my pocket won out in the end. I saw The Stooges play Funhouse at Hammersmith a few years back and I don't think anything will top that. Ron is no longer around and Iggy has become the gurning face of Swiftcover (or something) and Raw Power is my least favourite Stooges album anyway. Plus last time I saw Suicide they were bloody awful, totally ruined my fav track Ghost Rider and just looked daft. It'll be one of those gigs that will either be totally great or a bit of a let down. Either way I can happily live without it.

Wish list = LCD Soundsystem, Archie Bronson Outfit, Jim Jones Revue. Oh how I wish I had the cash for these three. :cry:
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

MODLAB wrote:None! This town STINKS!!! The only thing that has hit this town this year that I
would even budge going to. AIR fucking AIR...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

M
Only two Glasgow shows of note so far this year are:

White Hills (March i think)
Wooden Shjips (April i think)

Would love to make it to London for the The Heads show, but that might be pushing it a little...
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

johnnyboy wrote:Blimey, I wish had as much spare cash as some of you lot.
I must admit, I do spend most of my spare cash on music, gigs and booze, but then again I currently don't have a girlfiend or kids so I guess that might change one day. Also, most of the gigs I go to are by relatively unknown acts in small venues. Some of the recent gigs I've been to have been as little as £5 or £6. When you compare that to a couple of hours at a Brighton & Hove Albion football match at £25 a pop then its pretty good value for money.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

johnnyboy wrote: Wish list = LCD Soundsystem, Archie Bronson Outfit, Jim Jones Revue. Oh how I wish I had the cash for these three. :cry:
Hitting the first 2 and i would be going to the Jim Jones Revue only in Dublin Wooden Shjips are playing the same night.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Off to see the Telescopes tonight. Don't actually remember them from 1st time around but a friend told me they were good and I'm sure they were always mentioned alongside the likes of Spacemen 3, Loop, etc.Should be interesting.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Just bought my tickets for the pitchfork festival in chicago in july. 3-day passes ran out an hour before I bought them. Had to buy each day individually...so instead of $95, it came out to $141. Still pretty good, in my opinion. Get to see Pavement!

Holla The Warmth!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

herman wrote: mono (without the full orchestra)
do you know if the whole tour is without orchestra?

another maybe for me is Crystal Antlers- I see they are playing Bham later in the year.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

toomilk wrote:Just bought my tickets for the pitchfork festival in chicago in july. 3-day passes ran out an hour before I bought them. Had to buy each day individually...so instead of $95, it came out to $141. Still pretty good, in my opinion. Get to see Pavement!

Holla The Warmth!
i'm really bummed (but not surprised) that they finally raised the prices for pitchfork. i'm not sure who else they're going to get but i'd be very surprised if they manage to get enough bands on the same day that will get me to shell out $40. i can only handle two days of it max anyway- not real into crowds.
last year paying $22 to see grizzly bear, the walkmen and the vivian girls was worth it. $40 not so much...
it's a shame too because i really loved the fact that a music festival existed that didn't break the bank. before too long pitchfork's going to be just as expensive and obnoxious as lollapalooza is.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

with a young family and one wage ( pretty shitty at that) my gig going chances are pretty curtailed ,think I managed 2 last year,got to say i`m pretty stoked at seeing BRMC and Wooden Shjips on consecutive nights in Glasgow this April ,bring it on!!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Third gig of the week tonight.....Soft Pack.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

More on the calendar than I've had for a while:

White Hills, Spectrum, Wooden Shjips (Leeds), Wooden Shjips/Heads (London), Jim Jones Revue, Damned.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Managed to successfuly bid on a pair of tickets for the Midlake gig tomorrow night at the Shepherd's Bush Empire only to find out a friend has managed to get me on the guest list. Chances are I wouldn't have won them if he hadn't been able to sort me out. Oh well. Going to see if I can get my money back on them at the venue, unless anyone on here is interested?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

toomilk wrote:Just bought my tickets for the pitchfork festival in chicago in july. 3-day passes ran out an hour before I bought them. Had to buy each day individually...so instead of $95, it came out to $141. Still pretty good, in my opinion. Get to see Pavement!

Holla The Warmth!
Awesome! I don't know if I will be attending Pitchfork this year, but get in touch closer to the date and hopefully we can schedule a meet-up for a few beers.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

will do. will do!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Just have to say, Midlake were absoultely incredible when I saw them on Thursday night. They are so tight live. Definitely recommend seeing them if anyone gets the chance. No they're heading back to the States to tour there.

Off to see Girls tomorrow night.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

further to above saw Grizzly Bear last Friday and they were brilliant. I still think Veckatimest is overrated (I now reckon both recent albums are on a par really, which was confirmed by the gig where songs from both slotted together in the set seamlessly), I knew not to expect a moshpit or sonic terrorism so just relaxed and got into it. Those guys are excellent musicians (especially the drummer). The sound was perfect, with every harmony and little effect ringing out clear as anything. The light show was also great- little jam jar things hanging down.

a bit more dynamic variety wouldn't have gone amiss but like I said I went knowing what to expect.

Beach House were quite good as support too- analogue washes of keyboards with soaring female vocals cutting through. The singer came out to share vocals on a couple of Grizzly Bear numbers too.

heartily recommended!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Damn....I knew these guys would be good. Had a freebie offer to see them at the Roundhouse in London on Saturday night but decided to spend yet another weekend getting completely drunk down here in Brighton. When will I learn?!
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

Hopefully Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings tonight if I can make it up to Boulder and then upcoming I got Sleepy Sun, Citay and Dead Meadow.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Anyone had there tickets for Wooden shjips at Bush hall yet??
marcvolta
Known user

Post by marcvolta »

About Grizzly Bear...

i've seen them 3 times, one of those times my band played with them. the last two time i saw them they were awesome, once was in an old church in Baltimore, the last was in a Synagogue in D.C. and they played a mix of first album stuff and Yellow House stuff.

but the first time i saw the( and heard them for that matter) was when i played on the same bill. it was at a school in NY and they were amazing. it was pretty noisy, and really psychedelic (compared to how they were the last two times i saw them) they are amazing that first time.

i wish they would play shows like that now. (although i have not really listened to the new album) They really really won me over after that first show. i really dig that band, but they were sorta mind blowing. key word Were.

agreed, the drummer rules
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

wow cool. I'm not familiar with the first album (and EP?) at all, there were a couple of songs I didn't recognise (one was called Deep Blue Sea?) that I presumed were from that. If I had to criticise the show then what it was lacking was some sort of psych edge or noisiness like you describe- it was all so polite, so precise and composed (in both senses of the word). But still pure class musically.

The drummer is brilliant, I was so impressed- he never played an obvious or cliched beat, it was all really interesting fills but still with a real power. The crystal clear sound gave the drums a nice satisfying thwack :)
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

just booked tickets and a cheap cheap motel to see camera obscura in Visalia, California (ahhhhHHH!) on "4/20".

Very excited. I now need to convince more people to come with me, so I can drastically cut down my gas and hotel costs.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Off to see Thee Silver Mt. Zion tonight in a church. Should be good.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Just back from the Archie Bronson Outfit. Very good gig, the highlight being an absolutely storming version of Cherry Lips. All the new stuff comes across well live but i did think they kinda tailed off slightly for the last three songs of the night. Didn't play anything off Fur unfortunately.
Alexander Tucker was support and was quite mesmerising at times but was fighting constant chatter from the crowd :evil: :roll:

Catch them if you can and also pick up a copy of new album Coconut as there's some great tunes on it.

Oh yeah, and i saw the comedian Sean Lock on Friday night. Very funny two hours.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm finally getting back into going to shows. Next three:
-Camera Obscura (road trip, which I believe I mentioned here before)
-High on Fire in May
-Jonathan Richman in May
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

the black lips on thursday. brian jonestown massacre at the end of may. it also looks like my band is finally playing a show- on my birthday no less.
was pondering seeing the raveonettes at the end of the month. it's free, but at a bar frequented by an ungodly quotient of douchebags right across from wrigley field. also saw them at a lollapalooza afterparty and they didn't sound very good live (you could barely hear the guitars) and they made a sold out and packed crowd wait for an hour before they graced us with their presence (i absolutely revile when bands do this- it's just arrogant, unnecessary and unforgivably rude). so it's sort of a quandary- i love 'lust lust lust', it's one of my favorite albums. i absolutely hate 'in and out of control'- so poppy and pandering and hollow. on the one hand it could renew my faith in them or be even worse than the other time i saw them.
also going to see the dutchess and the duke in june. i've missed them too many times and i have come to absolutely love them, so i won't miss them this time.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Absolutely amazing performance by Thee Silver Mt.Zion last night. And, as I think its already been commented on here somewhere, they come accross as really funny, decent chaps with loads of inbetween song banter and observations. I think they played about 6 songs over an hour and a half set which is a pretty good return. Picked up a lovely t-shirt too (I'm always a sucker for a decent band t-shirt!).

Just checking to see what I've still got coming up on the gig front. Got the psych/drone/shoegaze all-dayer in London in April which are very own They Transmit (Neil from Eat Lights;Become Lights) is a fundamental part of, then The Wooden Shjips down here a few days later (still toying with the idea of seeing them in London with The Heads if I can get my hands on a ticket). In May I'm seeing Pavement in London and Wolf Parade down here (don't know much about these guys but am going with a friend in exchange for a ticket for last night's TSMZ gig). I'm also tempted with the Bresnard Lakes gig in London after reading about them in the Music section on here and listening to their stuff on MySpace. Think thats about it for now but I'm sure more gigs will be added to my diary soon.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Ads wrote:Absolutely amazing performance by Thee Silver Mt.Zion last night. And, as I think its already been commented on here somewhere, they come accross as really funny, decent chaps with loads of inbetween song banter and observations. I think they played about 6 songs over an hour and a half set which is a pretty good return. Picked up a lovely t-shirt too (I'm always a sucker for a decent band t-shirt!).
glad you enjoyed Ads, I bet the church was a good venue for Silver Mt Zion. You also had the distinct advantage that you have the new album unlike me, most of the set seemed to be new tunes!

I looked out for T shirts at the Brum gig but couldn't spot a merch stand anywhere. I may have been distracted though- the venue (The Asylum) has a theme that you can guess from the name, meaning that all the staff was hot girls in nurses uniforms!! Apparantly it's usually a metal/hard rock sort of venue, wonder what the regulars thought of the orchestral beauty of Silver Mt Zion..
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Hot girls in nurses uniforms you say....interesting! :wink: Yeah, there was certainly nothing like that in the church. Talking of which, Efrim kept on saying how uneasy he felt about playing under Jesus on the cross and being in "someone else's space". He was on good form though. Think they played 3 off the new album (the amazing There is A Light being my personal favourite) and 3 or 4 others that I didn't know. Trying to find a pic of the t-shirt I bought but I can't find any on line. Think its one of the best band t-shirts Ive bought.
Last edited by Shinesalight on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

shalloboi wrote:the black lips on thursday. brian jonestown massacre at the end of may. it also looks like my band is finally playing a show- on my birthday no less.
was pondering seeing the raveonettes at the end of the month. it's free, but at a bar frequented by an ungodly quotient of douchebags right across from wrigley field. also saw them at a lollapalooza afterparty and they didn't sound very good live (you could barely hear the guitars) and they made a sold out and packed crowd wait for an hour before they graced us with their presence (i absolutely revile when bands do this- it's just arrogant, unnecessary and unforgivably rude). so it's sort of a quandary- i love 'lust lust lust', it's one of my favorite albums. i absolutely hate 'in and out of control'- so poppy and pandering and hollow. on the one hand it could renew my faith in them or be even worse than the other time i saw them.
also going to see the dutchess and the duke in june. i've missed them too many times and i have come to absolutely love them, so i won't miss them this time.
Where/when is your band playing?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

angelsighs wrote:You also had the distinct advantage that you have the new album unlike me, most of the set seemed to be new tunes!
Just for you Angelsighs (oh, and anyone who hasn't got the latest album and likes the old TSMZ) here's the first (and, in my opinion, best) track off Kollaps Tradixionales:-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MO36OW3K

Oh, and managed to get the setlist for the gig off of Setlist.fm:-

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/a-silver- ... 49801.html

PS: This is my first attempt on Megaupload so aplogies if I've fucked it up!
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

TheWarmth wrote:Where/when is your band playing?
it's at mortville on may 17th. it's a loft in little village.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

The Lost Soul Crusade live tonight at the Proud Gallery in Camden is anyones around. We're on about 8.45ish.
come and say 'ello if you come down.

cheers
si
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Ads wrote:
angelsighs wrote:You also had the distinct advantage that you have the new album unlike me, most of the set seemed to be new tunes!
Just for you Angelsighs (oh, and anyone who hasn't got the latest album and likes the old TSMZ) here's the first (and, in my opinion, best) track off Kollaps Tradixionales:-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MO36OW3K

Oh, and managed to get the setlist for the gig off of Setlist.fm:-

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/a-silver- ... 49801.html

PS: This is my first attempt on Megaupload so aplogies if I've fucked it up!
thanks Ads! I remember that track from the Birmingham gig. Looking at that setlist I think we got exactly the same apart from the encore which was Microphones In The Trees instead (the only song I recognised).
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

No probs mate. Just trying to download the other tracks they played but am struggling (see thread in the Other section about alternative download sites). I loved that "Hang onto Each Other" they closed with....really atmospheric and loads of the crowd were singing/humming it as they left the church.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I've lined up another couple of gigs in the near future- Dinosaur Jr (supported by Built To Spill) in a couple of weeks then Band Of Horses in June. Sadly it looks likes it going to be a festival-less year, unless I can find a way to get to that ATP NY thing!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Here's that encore of Hang onto Each Other I was talking about:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paf9GftS ... re=related
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Primavera next month, so that means Low playing 'The Great Destroyer' Swwweeeeet.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

James T wrote:Primavera next month, so that means Low playing 'The Great Destroyer' Swwweeeeet.
The Primavera lineup does look pretty fine, who else you gonna see?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angelsighs wrote:
James T wrote:Primavera next month, so that means Low playing 'The Great Destroyer' Swwweeeeet.
The Primavera lineup does look pretty fine, who else you gonna see?
I noticed Seefeel are playing :shock: When did they make a comeback?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I'm gonna take in as much as possible. Pavement and Pixies are a given. Pet Shop Boys could be fun in the sun, bit daft too. Superchunk, Wire, Michael Rother, Wilco, Lee scratch perry, sian alice group, grizzly bear, crocodiles, cocorosie, broken social scene, beach house, tortoise, sunny day real estate, les savy fav, mission of burma.... yunno... the lot.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

James T wrote:I'm gonna take in as much as possible. Pavement and Pixies are a given. Pet Shop Boys could be fun in the sun, bit daft too. Superchunk, Wire, Michael Rother, Wilco, Lee scratch perry, sian alice group, grizzly bear, crocodiles, cocorosie, broken social scene, beach house, tortoise, sunny day real estate, les savy fav, mission of burma.... yunno... the lot.
nice one! all sounds good. Wilco are stunning live, as are Grizzly Bear although don't know how they would fare in a festival situation, too subtle maybe.
I'd recommend adding Polvo to that list.. they are one of my current faves and they rocked at ATP when I saw them.

Have Seefeel 'reformed' or did they just never go away? :)
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Got a busy couple of weeks coming up gig-wise...glad I got a rail card for the many trips up to London I'll be making. Thanks to the generousity of a new forumite, I'll be going up to see Iggy and The Stooges with Suicide on Monday; seeing Sennen in Brighton the next night; a friend managed to bag a few tickets for the National's gig at the Royal Albert Hall on the Thursday and I'm back in London the following Wednesday to see Pavement; then its Wolf Parade back here on 17th May.

Plus, I'm still waiting to see if I've managed to blag my way onto the guest list for the BRMC in Brighton this Thursday and I still want to get tickets for Dead Meadow and Randga in Brighton in late May/early June.

Busy, busy, busy. :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone