What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

spzretent
Site Admin

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by spzretent »

redcloud wrote: As a Lips fan from the beginning they lost me when 'Soft Bulletin' came out.
uh oh. here we go again :shock:
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

TheWarmth wrote:Let us know what you think. I watched a couple of Yuck videos and thought there were terrible, but Tame Impala are cool, even if they're a bit of a Dungen rip-off.
Tame Impala - First Unitarian Church, Philly 4/27/2011
  • i almost bailed on this show
    they played a really good show
    the sound was really clear
    although it was in a fucking sweat box (as usual @ the first unitarian church). :twisted:
    i'm glad i went.

oh yeah...
    I brought the wrong tickets with me (Mogwai postponed from last week)...but they let me in anyway.

btw...i heard one Yuck song and went right back outside.
marc w
Known user

Post by marc w »

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Minky wrote:btw...i heard one Yuck song and went right back outside.
When a haircut (or lack of one) is being talked about before the music... I think you made the right decision!
O P 8
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Spectrum tonight at the Lexington. Gutted it clashes with Moon Duo at the Corsica but thems the breaks. Very much looking forward to it. Anyone else going to it?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The Icelandic volcano curse strikes again! :evil:

Was supposed to see Emeralds tonight but it's been cancelled due to the ash cloud. Last year it was LCD Soundsystem who had to cancel. PAH!
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

saw Yo La Tengo the other night, rather disappointing. the sound wasn't great (too much bass) and they just seemed rather limp and very sloppy at points. also all of their voices are quite soft so don't cut through the sound properly.
it's a shame as I love the albums but the live show wasn't cutting it. not a one off either as i've seen them before and had similar reservations.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

The Monkees. Tonight!
Cheapster
Known user

Post by Cheapster »

jadams501 wrote:The Monkees. Tonight!
Seriously?
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Seriously. And it was fantastic!
Cheapster
Known user

Post by Cheapster »

jadams501 wrote:Seriously. And it was fantastic!
Haha! I would've given anything to see them live when I was 6.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

They've got some incredible songs and I think are seriously underrated by rock fans. People tend to assume that they were totally manufactured, when in fact over time they insisted on creative control and still released classic, luminous pop songs with some interesting forays into country rock and psychedelia (including the first use of a moog in a pop record). Great band, and they should be inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, if it actually recognized accomplishment instead of faddish marketing.

The show itself was really good. Obviously the voices have deteriorated to some extent over the years, Mickey was sick and had to sit down some between songs, but overall it was a really energetic and rockin' performance. I'm A Believer, Mary Mary, She Hangs Out, What Am I Doing Hanging Out?, Love Is Only Sleeping, For Pete's Sake, Shades of Grey, Going Down, Porpoise Song, Daydream Believer -- there were some great performances in there. They danced and had brief comedic bits too -- very show-biz, yes, but in the fine tradition of being well-rounded entertainers. I'm considering going again!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Pulp in London. Prince in Berlin! (or maybe Dublin, depending on days off etc...)
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

big week coming up begining of july

lou reed (just bought the ticket- my word expensive!)
neema (all i know about her is leonard cohen produced her album)
and then the mighty dylan moran

talk about buses i have been to maybe 3 gigs in the last 6 months! :lol:

then on the 16th of the month the vivian girls and then nothing until spz in october :D
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

A friend of mine has sorted out a couple of pairs of VIP tickets for Latitude so got that to look forward to mid-July along with End of the Road festival in September (definitely glad I gave my Glasto ticket up now). Plus, another friend is taking me along when he reviews the Mogwai gig in Bexhill at the end of July. Hopefully he's going to review the Electrelane gig in Brighton too and let me accompany him. Looking to get tickets for the 2nd night of the Portishead thing at Ally Pally with Grinderman and Godspeed! on the bill.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

7th September... The Black Angels in Glasgow somewhere... don't recognise the venue
22 November... Josh T Pearson, Oran Mor, Glasgow

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Wooden Shjips show later in the year too...
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Laz69 wrote:7th September... The Black Angels in Glasgow somewhere...
This made me go to their website to check for an Irish date and it seems they're playing the Electric Picnic. :D
Not been mentioned on the Picnic site yet though.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Laz69 wrote:7th September... The Black Angels in Glasgow somewhere... don't recognise the venue
It's out at the SWG3 Warehouse - I've been out there before for the Electric Frog Street Carnival (speaking of which, the lineup for the next one looks good: http://theelectricfrog.co.uk/) and it was great, although bands were out on the street that day, and I only saw DJs set up in the warehouse.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Flaming Lips and Dinosaur Jr at Ally Pally on Friday night doing Soft Bulletin (leave it Runcible :!: ) and Bug respectively. :D
Anybody out there know any good pubs nearby?
'Remember, change is not good'
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

finally bought a ticket for sunday at pitchfork fest. for some reason they always pile all of the bands i want to see on sunday- this year kurt vile, fresh & onlys, ariel pink, superchunk (!) and deerhunter. also get to leave before the headliner so the commute home won't be miserable.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Falling Spikes in York tomorrow!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Rick Bain & The Genius Position...free gig tonight.

For those who don't know Rick Bain, he is sort of a local legend here in Portland. The Dandy Warhols, Brian Jonestown, Upsidedown and The Great Northwest all regard him quite highly. For fans of those bands...check him out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56O-Akau ... re=related
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Man I'd love to see Rick Bain live - both his albums are excellent.

Gig report please!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

runcible wrote:Man I'd love to see Rick Bain live - both his albums are excellent.

Gig report please!

Bain's 'Crooked Autumn Sun' is a really great album. Anybody who likes the first two Dandy Warhols albums or Brian Coates' record, 'The Widespread Reign of the Great Northwest' will really like Bain's first record. It's as if it was crafted around the sound of "Boys Better" on the Dandies 'Come Down' LP. Or, maybe the Dandies crafted that song around Bain's sound? Both Bain and Coates are local legends in the 90's Portland scene so the Dandies could easily have been influenced by him. Bain's second album, 'Virtual Heavy Pet' is also good but doesn't quite hit the same mark as the first (in my opinion).

Bain plays around Portland a lot so there is often a chance to check him out. I have seen him many times with the Genius Position as well as with his previous band Sundown Machine (still with Amy Bain). One of the best gigs I saw him at was with the Upsidedown and Spindrift. That was a killer show from start to finish. He's a great performer....he rocks out on the guitar, noodles along with some cool delay and various pedal effects, does some gimmicky trickery like playing the guitar with his teeth etc. The songs all get a little more extended when played live and there is obviously a good chemistry between him and his wife who plays bass. But what always shines through is the quality of his songwriting. Last night was no different...only about 50 or 70 people there, which is odd because it was a free gig. He came on around 11ish...filled the place with smoke, made use of a strobe and rocked out to tunes from both albums. My only gripe is that over the years, I have heard all these songs played live many, many times. They are great songs, infectious and it's fun to see him rock the joint but I do hope that he releases some new material soon.

On a postscript note that has nothing to do with the music...why is it that every hipster guy in Portland really does look like a caricature of somebody in the tv series "Portlandia" (anybody seen this show?)? The disheveled longish hair, big black rimmed glasses, beanie or cap, skinny jeans and the obligatory leather man purse/bag draped over the shoulder?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I watched one episode of Portlandia and was really disappointed. It wasn't funny at all, at least to me. I had high hopes for it, too.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

TheWarmth wrote:I watched one episode of Portlandia and was really disappointed. It wasn't funny at all, at least to me. I had high hopes for it, too.
Agreed. I like the premise of it as there are enough quirky things around Portland to make it fun to laugh at ourselves. Not least the self-righteous, heavily tatted, hip/indie twenty-something population that take themselves far too serious or at least take the hype of Portland and its "scene" too seriously. I think the idea of the show would work much better as a skit but not as a 30 minute series long show. Gets old and boring far too quickly.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

On the strength of purespace's review of the Lumerians performance at the Austin Psych Fest and a few notable and very spacey tracks that runcible kindly pointed out to me, I am going to see them live on July 23rd. They are playing with a Chicago band, Billions & Billions. Do you know them, Warmth?

But, before that I'm taking my old man to see Buddy Guy this Sunday (July 3). Not sure how many more times either of us will get the chance to see him play the blues. Great review in our local listings paper:

It would be a mistake, of course, to measure success in Grammy nominations alone. But when a guy racks up six of them, he's probably doing something right. In Buddy Guy's case, the awards came from able blues songwriting and—perhaps more importantly—playing some of the meanest (and loudest) guitar in the instrument's history. He's as vicious as ever on last year's highly autobiographical Living Proof: That album's opening track, "74 Years Young" (he'll have to amend it to "75" come August), is both a mission statement and a showy display of absolute shredding that would put a lot of Swedish death metal virtuosos to shame. Even if the blues isn't your bag, it's hard to deny Guy's massive talent.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I found Portlandia excruciatingly unfunny and awkward. Other than that it was great :shock:
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Can't go to prince or pulp anymore? whatama gonna do?? Can't think of any coming up now... Wilco, Low, Jeff Magnum and Black Angels?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

runcible wrote:Falling Spikes in York tomorrow!
These guys are great. I'd encourage anyone who gets a chance to catch them. More long textured drones with nice twists and great guitar/keyboard wobbles. They didn't destroy me like they did last time but there were a few moments of feeling completely lost in what they were doing.

Also the Basement gets my vote as the lowest ceilinged venue I've ever been to - about 4 inches above my head. Plus the distance from the back of the auditorium and the front of the stage is about 8 feet!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Pulp at Brixton Academy
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Buddy Guy headlined at the Portland Blues Festival last night. Apparently this is the biggest Blues Festival west of the Mississippi. It is all done for charity too. Price of admission is only a couple cans of food. Any money paid is graciously accepted. They do suggest $10 but all that is required to enter is the food, which goes towards the Oregon Food Bank. The money too goes towards the Food Bank. All corporate sponsors pay for the artists expenses so nothing comes out of pocket for them to fly over and play for free.

Anyhow, a thick marine layer of cloud kept the morning cool but by 2:00 the sun broke through and it eventually warmed to about 75 and was a gorgeous evening. We got there at 6:30 and found a decent spot about 30 feet from the stage right next to scaffolding where the sound board was. They eventually announced that there were 100,000 or so people there and the fire marshall closed it off and wouldn't allow anybody else in (there are several stages so not everybody was at the main stage, although a lot did move over as it neared time for Buddy Guy). It got fairly tight around us when Guy first came on but the stage is high and we had a perfect view. It was all well worth it...not only was it helping out the Food Bank but Buddy Guy absolutely slayed! I mean he ripped the guitar to shreds and put it back together again. He was un-fucking-believable not just because he is a 75 year old dude but he was a total guitar god up there on stage . He played the loudest, thickest, fastest, dirtiest and meanest version of 'Hootchie-Kootchie Man' I have ever heard. It went on for about 15 minutes. He was also very funny...went off on tangents, told stories, swore a lot and was downright nasty in every sense of the word! What a dude, what a man....what a legend.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Looking forward to this one.

runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

That looks good. I'd go just for the sheer spectacle of seeing Kid Millions play. That guy is incredible.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

This is a pretty cool line up too:

White Hills, Sleepy Sun and Pierced Arrows

September 10, Portland.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

I went to Albarn's opera in Manchester this week.

Anyone else sat through this?

I'm not a cultural heathen, but needed a burst just before the interval. Went, had a smoke, and went straight home.

Turgid.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

going to pitchfork on sunday! got my tickets just before it sold out, got the day off of work and the schedule has everyone i want to see lined up perfectly all playing on the same stage- i only have to move once. i'm pondering going to one of the aftershows- can't chose between wild nothing/ducktails or woods/kurt vile (i've seen k.v. a ton of times and he's playing on sunday).
also seeing blonde redhead for free in millenium park. i'm not too into outdoor summertime activities, but the free shows that they host at pritzker pavilion in millenium park are always great- saw low for free a few weeks ago, for example. have also seen shellac, disappears and a few others in the past.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Go to Woods/Kurt Vile! Ducktails is awful!!!!!

I'm jealous. I would have loved going to this again. Are you seeing Guided by Voices?
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

Portishead!
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

toomilk wrote:Go to Woods/Kurt Vile! Ducktails is awful!!!!!

I'm jealous. I would have loved going to this again. Are you seeing Guided by Voices?
gbv played last night as did neko case. missed that, i'm sorry to say. i also ended up skipping the aftershow tonight...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

forgot to report that I saw Bright Eyes the other week. not a big fan (it was my mates choice of gig) but I quite enjoyed it, mainly in the country-rock vein but quite varied within that including some rocky ones. i do still have problems with his voice though- its got that whiny earnest twang thing going on, and his melodies are often similar.
support was Jenny and Jonny who weren't bad either. Jenny Lewis isn't just a pretty face it seems, she's got a fine voice too.
RoboHobo
Known user

Post by RoboHobo »

Just got day tickets for The Wildernes Festival. Playing on the Sunday (when I'm going) are: Mercury Rev playing Deserter's Songs, The Low Anthem, Daniel Johnston, Guillemots, Laura Marling, Robyn Hitchcock and Anthony and The Johnsons.

I'm really excited about Low Anthem as I missed them when they were in the UK earlier this year. I finally get to see Daniel Johnston and although I haven't see Mercury Rev for a long time, I do love Deserter's Songs so hope they will do it justice.

Summer!
dazed
Known user

Post by dazed »

The Heads this Thursday at a rehearsal space. 40 tickets, going to be amazing!
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

dazed wrote:The Heads this Thursday at a rehearsal space. 40 tickets, going to be amazing!
Posts like this give me the shits.......I'm stuck in bloody Melbourne with no chance of a decent gig for the next few month. :cry:

On the other hand, enjoy yourself Dazed. I suspect that The Heads in their rehearsal space (The circle in the Square???) will be a ferocious evening out - clearly I'm jealous!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Crumbs... I'm a bit jealous of that Heads gig too. Nice one dazed you lucky so and so. Still, I've just been on the End of the Road site and they've now anounced stage times for all the acts. Saturday is going to be a blinder with Gruff Rhys, followed by Wooden Shjips, followed by Black Angels and finishing with Mogwai. I'm pretty chuffed actually as it looks like there aren't too many genuine clashes of bands that I want to see :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Shinesalight wrote:Crumbs... I'm a bit jealous of that Heads gig too. Nice one dazed you lucky so and so. Still, I've just been on the End of the Road site and they've now anounced stage times for all the acts. Saturday is going to be a blinder with Gruff Rhys, followed by Wooden Shjips, followed by Black Angels and finishing with Mogwai. I'm pretty chuffed actually as it looks like there aren't too many genuine clashes of bands that I want to see :D
You're on the list too Shines! That is about 5 years of Melbourne gigging in one Saturday afternoon. :evil:

Still, looks like Mogwai will make it here in November (finally)...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

got tickets for Yuck in November, my mates choice again but only 9 quid so jobs a goodun.

I'm still debating on whether to get tickets for the Horrors or Wilco too.. depends on what I think of the new albums I guess (I still haven't got round to getting Skying yet)

guess we should count ourselves lucky olan.. you may get sunshine and glamour downunder but at least we get regular gigs over here.. and to think I moan when I have to go down to London for a gig...
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote:got tickets for Yuck in November, my mates choice again but only 9 quid so jobs a goodun.

I'm still debating on whether to get tickets for the Horrors or Wilco too.. depends on what I think of the new albums I guess (I still haven't got round to getting Skying yet)

guess we should count ourselves lucky olan.. you may get sunshine and glamour downunder but at least we get regular gigs over here.. and to think I moan when I have to go down to London for a gig...
Should hear me moan when I have to go to London for a gig.... :roll: Plenty of sunshine down here, which is bugger all use to a pastey faced white boy like me. As for glamour, well...., erm,....., uhm,....., they make Neighbours in Melb....(sigh) :cry:
marc w
Known user

Post by marc w »

RoboHobo wrote:Just got day tickets for The Wildernes Festival. Playing on the Sunday (when I'm going) are: Mercury Rev playing Deserter's Songs, The Low Anthem, Daniel Johnston, Guillemots, Laura Marling, Robyn Hitchcock and Anthony and The Johnsons.

I'm really excited about Low Anthem as I missed them when they were in the UK earlier this year. I finally get to see Daniel Johnston and although I haven't see Mercury Rev for a long time, I do love Deserter's Songs so hope they will do it justice.

Summer!
I'm going to this too. Meant to be a bit different from other festivals, with things happening in the woods at night and a lake to swim in. Hmm, we shall see. Taking a bottle of absinthe just in case I get bored.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Some great gigs coming through PDX. At the moment I have plans/tickets for the following shows:

Aug 18-Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
Aug. 26-Wooden Shjips (free gig)
Sept 3-Jim Jones Revue
Sept 9-Olivia Tremor Control
Sept 10-White Hills & Sleepy Sun
Sept 23-Gomez
Dec 3-Chris Robinson Brotherhood
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

some great shows coming through in the fall- vivian girls, dum dum girls
november looks to be good as well- wooden shjips and supposedly thee oh sees are coming to town again.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Wooden Shjips in Liverpool 6 Sept

Death in Vegas playing Manc 9 Dec.

Oh yes.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Brakes in Brighton on 1st September
End of the Road Festival (Wooden Shjips, Black Angels, Mogwai, Kurt Vile and all) in Dorset between 2nd-4th September
The War on Drugs in Brighton on 16th September
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

Arcade Fire on thursday

PJ Harvey on sunday

Black Angels on following thursday

Mogwai on the following sunday

Pretty good couple of weeks there
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Wooden Shjips — SCALA — London

B,

M
Design.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Jim Jones Revue @ The Doug Fir, Portland on Sept. 3
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The Kwisatz Haderach wrote:Arcade Fire on thursday

PJ Harvey on sunday

Black Angels on following thursday

Mogwai on the following sunday

Pretty good couple of weeks there
All playing the Electric Picnic this weekend, which i shall be heading down to in a couple of hours time to continue with settting up. For a few years now a crew of us have been putting up a geodesic dome at it. Was down there on Saturday to get the main work done and now we'll just be working on decoration and any little kinks that need tweaking ( there's always some! :roll: )

Weather forecast is looking a bit shitty though. :(
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

sunray wrote:For a few years now a crew of us have been putting up a geodesic dome at it
If theres one thing my Carlton Melton obsession has taught me, is that ALL bands should record in a geodesic dome!!! 8)
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Wilco - Nov.13th, Utrecht, Netherlands :D
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I saw the Jim Jones Revue in Portland last night.

When I was in London I saw Black Moses many times at the Dirty Water Club in Tuffnell Park. I always loved Jim's stage presence. Last night was no different but the Revue are a better and much tighter unit than Black Moses. It was high energy, full throttle rock and roll. They reminded me of the Flamin' Groovies/Jerry Lee Lewis/Chuck Berry & The Stooges all rolled into one! I took a friend along with me and he was blown away and wondering why they are not bigger than they are. As I go to a lot of gigs in Portland I often see many familiar faces at the shows. Not so last night. JJR seemed to bring out Portland's greaser community. Leather jackets, white t-shirts, bryl-cream greased back hair, tattoos and girlfriends dressed as 50's style pin-up girls. As I left there were also a lot of old 50's Chevy's and Harley's parked outside the club. Pretty cool to see a different side of Portland's community.

A very, very good gig.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

at the scala gig. anyone here?

WOW! More later!

Mark
Design.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

MODLAB wrote:at the scala gig. anyone here?

WOW! More later!

Mark
Wooden Shjips right? Great wasn't it!

Missed Mugstar but saw Wolf People, who I really liked. Some of the guitar playing reminded me of Live/Dead, fluid and West Coast sounding, but also a heavy UK Psych/Folk vibe too. My mates quoted Pentangle and Jethro Tull at times but I'm not up on that scene at all so couldn't possibly comment. They had 'chops' though. Impressed.

Wooden Shjips were on mighty fine form and considering it was a Sunday night in London the reception was fantastic. Nice looped projections and drawn out psych-boogie, plenty of head nodding and dancing going on.......or just people stood with eyes shut lost in the wall of sound. Mixture of tracks from all 3 albums. Would love to hear them play some early stuff like Clouds Over Earthquake or Shrinking Moon For You sometime, or non album songs like the Contact 12".

It's the 4th time of seen them now. Totally loved it but couldn't get into as much as when I saw them at the Garage last Dec (I think) but that's only because my mind kept drifting off to personal matters at times. Plus I was stone cold sober having driven up from Essex for it.

Picked up a nice 7" (the one that comes with the ltd West vinyl - I opted for the cd in the end last week) and a Totes bag. PLayed the 7" before work this morning and it's great. Really like that Peking Lights remix on the B Side!
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

johnnyboy wrote:
MODLAB wrote:at the scala gig. anyone here?

WOW! More later!

Mark
Wooden Shjips right? Great wasn't it!

Missed Mugstar but saw Wolf People, who I really liked. Some of the guitar playing reminded me of Live/Dead, fluid and West Coast sounding, but also a heavy UK Psych/Folk vibe too. My mates quoted Pentangle and Jethro Tull at times but I'm not up on that scene at all so couldn't possibly comment. They had 'chops' though. Impressed.

Wooden Shjips were on mighty fine form and considering it was a Sunday night in London the reception was fantastic. Nice looped projections and drawn out psych-boogie, plenty of head nodding and dancing going on...

I missed Mugstar too. Wolf People were quite good. I would really say Jethro Tull. More west coast sounding and with some deep southern blues thrown in it. At times I found their sound a bit our own boards Soft Speaker especially the spacey stuff.

Great gig!

B,

M
Design.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Some band playing the Royal Albert Hall second week of October... :wink:

First gig in seven months! What happened? I dunno. Trying to create a rock n' roll lifestyle leaves one rather bereft of funds... :oops:
O P 8
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

BzaInSpace wrote:Some band playing the Royal Albert Hall second week of October... :wink:

First gig in seven months! What happened? I dunno. Trying to create a rock n' roll lifestyle leaves one rather bereft of funds... :oops:
I have seen gigs in England and man, they ARE expensive. On average, most gigs I see these days are $10 - $15. Eels were $25 but that is an exception. Next weekend's White Hills/Sleepy Sun/Eternal Tapestry gig is $10 on the door! Quite the bargin for three bands and 3+ hours of music.

I have also stopped buying tickets online. I am so sick of paying $5+ p/ticket for "convenience charges". I go direct to the venue's box office or to one of our record stores that sells them instead.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Couple of snaps from the Shjips gig.

B,

M
Attachments
IMG_1784.jpg
IMG_1784.jpg (23.49 KiB) Viewed 233612 times
IMG_1782.jpg
IMG_1782.jpg (22.17 KiB) Viewed 233612 times