What gigs have you got coming up?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Shinesalight
Known user

Re: What gigs have you got coming up?

Post by Shinesalight »

Ride tonight at the Roundhouse. Me and the Mrs are extremely exited about this as we were both very, very much into Ride at the time. Then I've got Black Bombaim down here in Brighton tomorrow night. Not a bad bank holiday gig-wise then :D 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Alas, I was supposed to be psyching out to Earthless in Glasgow tonight, but it ended up coinciding with the first day of my wife's latest chemo schedule. Still, my tickets went to a good home and we got to see a wonderful Honeyblood gig last Thursday, so it's been a good week anyhoo :)
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Next up is Patti Smith playing 'Horses' in Dublin. Support is from Ariel Pink and some mob called Spiritualized. Might be an interesting evening....
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

mc wrote:Alas, I was supposed to be psyching out to Earthless in Glasgow tonight, but it ended up coinciding with the first day of my wife's latest chemo schedule. Still, my tickets went to a good home and we got to see a wonderful Honeyblood gig last Thursday, so it's been a good week anyhoo :)
Hey mate, positive vibes heading your way. Earthless were great in Glasgow last night, but i hope everything comes good with your missus.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Laz69 wrote:
mc wrote:Alas, I was supposed to be psyching out to Earthless in Glasgow tonight, but it ended up coinciding with the first day of my wife's latest chemo schedule. Still, my tickets went to a good home and we got to see a wonderful Honeyblood gig last Thursday, so it's been a good week anyhoo :)
Hey mate, positive vibes heading your way. Earthless were great in Glasgow last night, but i hope everything comes good with your missus.
Thanks Laz, much appreciated! Gutted to miss the gig - the mate I was originally going with said it was fantastic - but I'll catch them next time. The excellent Dead Meadow mixtapes you passed on will do just grand for now ;)

As for gigs coming up, very much looking forward to seeing the Manics perform 'The Holy Bible' in the always wonderful Usher Hall. First time I'll have heard the vast majority of the songs live. Can't wait :)
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I was going to see Songhoy Blues tonight in London until I just had it confirmed that my mate fucked up with the tickets and I no longer have his spare. Annoyed dot com.

To make up for it I've just booked a pair for King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard at the Scala in July. Rather joyous.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

East India Youth - King Tuts tonight, all manner of electronic/electro delights, pop, trance, ambient, banging and probably even a ballad, looking forward to it, the album is excellent,
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

tomorrow night in Philly, Brother JT and a mini-Suffacox partial reunion / tribute. (one member is dead, the other is unavailable)

https://www.facebook.com/jterlesky/vide ... 349208312/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUDUMR1oli4
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Free gig tonight at my local, the Railway Hotel in Southend On Sea: Black Market Karma plus support. Looking forward to this one after checking them out online recently.
GiankyBoy
New user

Post by GiankyBoy »

I've got Ariel Pink on Wednesday at Bethnal Green Working Man's Club. Having played guitar on Pom, Pom im hoping for a surprise J Spaceman appearance. Think this may have happened a few years back.

Speaking of which is anyone going to the Barbican Stranded In Canton/J Pierce score show in July?

Im new here btw. Hello :)
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Late decision but booked today for Jesus and Mary Chain and the always awesome Bardo Pond at the Roundhouse. Nice away day as the good lady is away with kids for a few days so im free to roam as they say.
This Friday Loop at Liverpool and early July Holydrug Couple in Manchester, oh and BRMC a week on monday.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Late decision but booked today for Jesus and Mary Chain and the always awesome Bardo Pond at the Roundhouse.
I may be able to get a pass from the Mrs and a guest ticket for that so giving it some serious thought myself. Plus I missed the latest batch of Psychocandy shows both in London and in Brighton. Will let you know if I'm definitely going. Gig calendar was looking pretty bleak after a few months of absolutely cracking shows (Ride, SFA, Warlocks, The Heads, Black Bombaim, Follakzoid, Eternal Tapestry, Gnod, Dead Meadow).
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Mogwai, Loop, Prolapse & Pye Audio Corner, Barrowlands this Saturday, had resigned to myself to missing out on this due to being slow of the mark with tickets and it being Mrs M`s birthday,
But my mate has manage to get us guest listed and Mrs M. says she doesn`t mind - lucky man me - so it seems it was meant to be. As if to underline this I was offered another guest list slot from Wayne Maskell, drummer for Loop & The Heads yesterday, I`ve barely met the man, but was taken aback by the offer, sound lad.
runaway
Known user

Post by runaway »

GiankyBoy wrote:I've got Ariel Pink on Wednesday at Bethnal Green Working Man's Club. Having played guitar on Pom, Pom im hoping for a surprise J Spaceman appearance. Think this may have happened a few years back.

Speaking of which is anyone going to the Barbican Stranded In Canton/J Pierce score show in July?

Im new here btw. Hello :)
Welcome. I fear that Ariel Pink might not be "psych" enough for some of this crowd, but I envy you for seeing him. Pom Pom is fantastic - have always wondered what song J. is playing on...
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Loop, Low x3, Luna x3, Bjork, Sun Kil Moon, Kurt Vile, Carlton Melton.
GiankyBoy
New user

Post by GiankyBoy »

J Spaceman was in attendance at Ariel Pink this eve. They played Picture Me Gone, which I'm pretty sure he played the solo on. I asked him why he wasn't up there joining in, and he casually replied that 'he could never remember it in the studio'.
Jay Watson (Tame Impala) was also there. Goes to show that even though Ariel's music may not be considered as traditional psych, the best in the business think differently. I saw Ariels show in Camden 3 months ago, but this performance blew it out the water. Definitely gig of the year for me so far
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Just booked flights to see Luna in LA, as well as Blur who are playing the Hollywood Bowl a few nights previous. That will be 7 Luna shows in total, Spain UK and US... I'm an idiot!
Muscles
Known user

Post by Muscles »

Ariel Pink that's mind blowing. He was mates with a girl I knew in l.a
We did meth one night he seemed talentless. Lol.
www.instagram.com/davidstroughter 8)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Acid Mothers Temple are touring the UK in October.. 8)
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

update needed

Saturday just scored a free ticket to Charlatans and Super Furries at Castlefield Bowl, Manchester, was eyeing it up and then my mate on facebook had a spare he didn't want/couldnt get rid of. So for few beers no doubt, ticket is mine.
then the following day, as mentioned earlier JAMC and Bardo Pond at the Roundhouse, so shinesalight give us text if you are going.

oh and BRMC tonight in Manchester

July also has The Earlies at Band On The Wall, Manchester and Holydrug Couple at Soup Kitchen, Manchester

August. Luna in Leeds, Glasgow and Manchester, then Green Man Festival with the tribe

looking further ahead we have Fuzz, Houndstooth, Low and Acid Mother temple in Manchester, also Mercury Rev in Leeds and Manchester, possibly Vetiver in Liverpool as well
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

King Gizzard and The Wizard Lizard - Kings Cross Scala tonight. Bloody excited by this one. The all day tube strike in London won't stop me making it along, an hours trek across town but who cares.

Then on Saturday at my favourite local The Railway Hotel in Southend on Sea we have The Masonics, Ye Nuns and The Freaks all on one bill. Ye Nuns being an all girl Monks tribute band. Free entry on the door http://heyevent.uk/event/q5i3e57afv4bga ... n-southend

Coming up after that: Destruction Unit, Kurt Vile, Woods, all in London.
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Echo and the Bunnymen tonight
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

johnnyboy wrote:...Ye Nuns being an all girl Monks tribute band...
Potentially could be the greatest thing... ever!

Keen to hear the post-gig reports for that in particular.
O P 8
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Was kinda dragged see Twilight Sad last Dec. and picked up the latest CD, funnily enough daughter and son have been liking it, Xmas gig announced at the Barrowlands looks like my daughter might be coming with me an my cousin for her 1st Barrowlands Saturday night, kinda looking forward to this, a lot.

Also Wand are playing Glasgow in early Sept. on the back of what must be their 3rd album in 14 months!! Another Saturday, but these guys are so good, got to catch this.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

niamhm wrote:Also Wand are playing Glasgow in early Sept. on the back of what must be their 3rd album in 14 months!! Another Saturday, but these guys are so good, got to catch this.
Are these guys good then Niamh? Been meaning to check them out for some time but just haven't had the chance. Noticed they're playing Brighton in September too so will definitely try and check them out. Will whack their recent LP on my birthday wish list too.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Shinesalight wrote:
niamhm wrote:Also Wand are playing Glasgow in early Sept. on the back of what must be their 3rd album in 14 months!! Another Saturday, but these guys are so good, got to catch this.
Are these guys good then Niamh? Been meaning to check them out for some time but just haven't had the chance. Noticed they're playing Brighton in September too so will definitely try and check them out. Will whack their recent LP on my birthday wish list too.
Yeah, really good, heavy psyche/garage with a smidgen of prog/pop, the rate they`ve turned 3 albums out is quite crazy, just hope the 3rd one is up the previous 2`s standard, try this if you like, and anyone else who fancies a listen,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5w08hum3afqm ... 3.rar?dl=0
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Grabbed a ticket for Wand's Dublin date myself on Friday, can't believe they've another album coming out :shock: The first two are really good, definitely worth your time.

To top it off, a few days after Wand we've got Fuzz in town as well :D 8) Cannot fucking wait!!!
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I noticed Wand are playing a tiny venue in Birmingham too. I'm not that familiar with them but have heard their name mentioned before in psych circles. cheers for the taster niamh, will check them out.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

LUNA @ The Garage.

: )
Design.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

MODLAB wrote:LUNA @ The Garage.

Shame that's where they are playing. The most unfriendly and aggressive security staff I have ever encountered - they treated everyone like shit last time I was there. And at Luna it'll be a very friendly crowd too...
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

runcible wrote:
MODLAB wrote:LUNA @ The Garage.

Shame that's where they are playing. The most unfriendly and aggressive security staff I have ever encountered - they treated everyone like shit last time I was there. And at Luna it'll be a very friendly crowd too...

Ugh. That sounds terrible. Thanks for the warning!
Design.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

It was Dark Star Orchestera - a Grateful Dead tribute band - so the audience was about as mellow and loved up as they would ever have in that venue. And a much older crowd. Yet the bouncers shouted at everyone and were physically pushing people who were queuing to go outside to smoke. They also searched everyone in a very aggressive manner - one bouncer grabbed my crotch and stuck his face an inch from mine as he did it.

Sadly that's partly London these days. I found Corsica Studios to be along the same lines but not as bad. And the security that night at The Garage obviously hated hippies.

I hope the vibes people find at Leeds Brudenell are in sharp contrast. I find these days that a venue is key to the entire night's enjoyment.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Jacco Gardner in Coventry in Sep.
I know he's playing the Psych Fest too, but this is a nice tiny venue and Younghusband are supporting who I wouldn't mind checking out.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Took the plunge and got tickets for King Crimson's second date in Edinburgh. Now seeing them two nights in a row, which I reckon might be as good as gig-going gets. It's an expensive week, but it could easily be the last time they tour our shores. So needs must... :lol:
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Very excited for the next three: Wand, Fuzz, Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School Of Medicine :D

After that it's a mix of definites, probables and possibles: The Ex, Sleaford Mods, K-X-P, Ufomammut, Songhoy Blues, Acid Mothers Temple, Lower Dens, Best Coast, Deerhunter and Atlas Sound, Metz, Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats, Mercury Rev, Lightning Bolt, OM, Django Django, Happy Mondays 'Pills 'n' Thrills'.

Plus top and tailing September with two festies: Electric Picnic and Liverpool Psych Fest. Phew!!!!!
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

you're not messing about there sunray!

got another one lined up for later in the week- Ryley Walker. he plays jazz-tinged folk in the Pentangle/Tim Buckley mould. really like what I've heard.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Well after getting pissed on from a great height at Green Man Festival (and leaving a day early!) my forthcoming plans are as follows;
Wand (Manchester), Houndstooth (Manchester), Mercury Rev (Leeds and Manchester), Low (Manchester not got ticket yet), Deerhunter (not decided where yet), Ultimate Painting(Manchester), Acid Mothers Temple (Manchester), Fuzz (Leeds), Great Lake Swimmers (probably Manchester), Desmandros Soldados De ventura (Manchester)

oh and the Psych Fest at liverpool
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Off to see SFA again today as part of the Together The People weekend festival down here in Brighton. Hopefully going to see Wand this week and Carlton Melton in the next couple of weeks before the big one, Liverpool Psych Fest, at the end of the month. :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

after a dry spell, a gig a week coming up for me-
Wand (was on the fence but after the rave report on here, will check them out)
Jacco Gardner next week (trying to reduce potential clashes at LPF)
then the biggie... Liverpool Psych Fest!

October is also looking great with Acid Mothers Temple, Ride and Yo La Tengo.

Then in December The Twilight Sad, which happens to be the day after my birthday so I can drown my sorrows about being yet another year older, with some loud & miserable music..
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

angelsighs wrote:after a dry spell, a gig a week coming up for me-

Then in December The Twilight Sad, which happens to be the day after my birthday so I can drown my sorrows about being yet another year older, with some loud & miserable music..

I'll be at the RIDE gig too. Should get a meet-up before hand.

M
Design.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Well after getting pissed on from a great height at Green Man Festival (and leaving a day early!) my forthcoming plans are as follows;
Wand (Manchester), Houndstooth (Manchester), Mercury Rev (Leeds and Manchester), Low (Manchester not got ticket yet), Deerhunter (not decided where yet), Ultimate Painting(Manchester), Acid Mothers Temple (Manchester), Fuzz (Leeds), Great Lake Swimmers (probably Manchester), Desmandros Soldados De ventura (Manchester)

oh and the Psych Fest at liverpool
Seeing Wand on Wednesday, Fuzz last Saturday were awesome. What was the Leeds show like?
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

MODLAB wrote:
angelsighs wrote:after a dry spell, a gig a week coming up for me-

I'll be at the RIDE gig too. Should get a meet-up before hand.

M
cool! presume you are not talking about the Birmingham date though? (that's the one I'm going to)
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I didnt go in the end, the good lady has entered into showdown talks, so I am towing the line big time now.....ish :wink:
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Gigs been very sparse for me this year but couple coming up that am really excited about. Spiz at the Brudenell (who would have ever thought it!) and PSB at Leeds Uni Refectory :D
'Remember, change is not good'
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

next week is going to be pretty intense-

low at thalia hall on the 19th
beach house at first ave. in minneapolis on the 23rd (i'm taking a megabus there in the morning and then taking an overnight one back- haven't done anything like that in years)
ride at the riviera on the 25th
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Wand @ Broadcast tonight, looking forward to this one,
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

David Gilmour @ Royal Albert Hall London
Liverpool Psych Fest
Carlton Melton @ Tiger Lounge Manchester
Super Furry Animals @ Academy Manchester
Melvins @ Gorilla Manchester
Low @ Cathedral Manchester
Low @ Roundhouse London
Blur / Courtney Barnett @ Hollywood Bowl LA
Flipper w/ David Yow @ Casbah San Diego
Luna @ Terragram Ballroom LA
Luna performing Penthouse @ Terragram Ballroom LA
A Winged Victory For The Sullen @ Barbican London
A Winged Victory For The Sullen @ St Philip's Church Salford
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

King Crimson on Thursday and Friday night, hurrah! Plus The Wildhearts on Sunday and a (just announced) one-off Godspeed You! Black Emperor show in Edinburgh next month. Seriously looking forward to that one :D
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I just let out an audible sound of delight in the office......https://www.atpfestival.com/events/tos301115 Thee Oh Sees back in London this November! Yep, this fanboy is bloody excited.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

mc wrote:King Crimson on Thursday and Friday night, hurrah!
I am told they play with THREE drummers at the moment...
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

johnnyboy wrote:I just let out an audible sound of delight in the office......https://www.atpfestival.com/events/tos301115 Thee Oh Sees back in London this November! Yep, this fanboy is bloody excited.
I would have been straight along to this but I have some personal business that might need me to stay at home. Have a top night Johnnyboy
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

runcible wrote:
mc wrote:King Crimson on Thursday and Friday night, hurrah!
I am told they play with THREE drummers at the moment...
They do indeed: Pat Mastoletto (KC veteran), Gavin Harrison (also of Porcupine Tree) and Bill Rieflin (Ministry, and lately R.E.M). In a wonderful reversal of usual gig staging, the drum trio were stage front with the other musicians on risers behind. I was hugely sceptical of how three drummers would play out on stage, but it worked astonishingly well. It's hard to describe without specific recourse to KC music, but it was incredibly rehearsed yet wonderfully fluid and improvisational. They all had slightly different percussion remits (Rieflin also played Mellotron, arguably the most crucial instrument in many KC classics!) and nobody tread on another's toes, but when all three went full-steam at once :shock:

I've linked to the below review because the "young bearded hipster" mentioned is a very good friend of mine. After attending the previous night's KC show with our wives/partners and enjoying a sober night's appreciation of the music, the two of us indulged in a very long and expensive day of craft beer abuse before the second night's show. After much talk about how awesome it'd be to get up and dance, my mate went for it during the last encore. I was third up to dance (shamefully, I waited for at least one random person to join in before supporting him!) and feel very privileged to have been one of the brave ten to have bemused Robert Fripp so much :wink:

https://factorysunburst.wordpress.com/2 ... ll-part-2/
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

simonkeeping wrote:
johnnyboy wrote:I just let out an audible sound of delight in the office......https://www.atpfestival.com/events/tos301115 Thee Oh Sees back in London this November! Yep, this fanboy is bloody excited.
I would have been straight along to this but I have some personal business that might need me to stay at home. Have a top night Johnnyboy
Cheers amigo, I sure will. Only see them play live once before and they were incredible.
Hopefully your personal business can slip into the Tuesday night.......
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

RIDE this evening @O2 Brixton.

Hearing all the reviews lately. It's bound to be a wonderful gig!

Design.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

MODLAB wrote:RIDE this evening @O2 Brixton.

Ride tomorrow night in Liverpool with Dave, Gaz and clewsr if he got my PM.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

was considering joining the gang for the Liverpool Ride show (which may have allowed me to go to the Godspeed show at Warwick Arts Centre which I'm still grumpy about having to miss!) but being a weekday and all it was tricky. the shows are looking fantastic- a mixed set first, then Nowhere in full, they have an all new lightshow and backdrops too.

in terms of other shows I'm considering Tindersticks in the new year.
Woven Skull are also playing Brum but unfortunately clashes with Acid Mothers Temple! promoters need to have their head screwed on and not have bands clash!
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

olan wrote:
MODLAB wrote:RIDE this evening @O2 Brixton.

Ride tomorrow night in Liverpool with Dave, Gaz and clewsr if he got my PM.

It was absolutely amazing. They really poured the love in all of it.

You won't be disappointed, the sound was loud and the reverberations were spine tingly.

The first set was:
Leave Them All Behind
Like a Daydream
Unfamiliar
Time Machine
Twisterella
OX4
Black Nite Crash
Today

Second Set- Nowhere
Seagull
Kaleidoscope
In a Different Place
Polar Bear
Dreams Burn Down
Decay
Paralysed
Vapour Trail
Taste
Here and Now
Nowhere

Drive Blind
Chelsea Girl

Have fun!

B,

M
Design.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Yo La Tengo at Warwick Arts Centre tonight in their acoustic guise. really not sure what to expect in terms of setlist, looking forward to a chilled out vibe after a hard Monday at work.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

angelsighs wrote:Yo La Tengo at Warwick Arts Centre tonight in their acoustic guise. really not sure what to expect in terms of setlist, looking forward to a chilled out vibe after a hard Monday at work.
Some friends went to see themin Glasgow the other night and they have reported great things about it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Godspeed You! Black Emperor tonight in Brighton. Never seen them before and very much looking forward to this. Even a trip to A&E this morning to remove some metal shards from my eye (won't be doing any drilling at work without goggles again :shock: :roll: ) hasn't put me off from going.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Shinesalight wrote:Godspeed You! Black Emperor tonight in Brighton. Never seen them before and very much looking forward to this. Even a trip to A&E this morning to remove some metal shards from my eye (won't be doing any drilling at work without goggles again :shock: :roll: ) hasn't put me off from going.
I can only imagine it was beyond wonderful. I saw them for the first time on Sunday and it was one of the most majestic gigs I've ever witnessed. It was in my top five without doubt; probably top three and maybe even higher. To finally hear them play live, and with such perfect sound and clarity! :shock: In Edinburgh we got:

Hope Drone/Gathering Storm/Peasantry, or "Light! Inside Light!"/Lambs' Breath/Asunder, Sweet/Moya/New Song 1/The Sad Mafioso

If they'd played Mladic I really would've died and gone to heaven :lol:

P.S. Hope your peepers are OK!
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Spiritualized in Amsterdam tomorrow and GSYBE in Groningen on Saturday. A Double-Dutch treat! :D
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

London Calling Festival Amsterdam, tomorrow.
Anybody else who's going?
"Thank you"
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

mc wrote:
Shinesalight wrote:Godspeed You! Black Emperor tonight in Brighton. Never seen them before and very much looking forward to this. Even a trip to A&E this morning to remove some metal shards from my eye (won't be doing any drilling at work without goggles again :shock: :roll: ) hasn't put me off from going.
I can only imagine it was beyond wonderful. I saw them for the first time on Sunday and it was one of the most majestic gigs I've ever witnessed. It was in my top five without doubt; probably top three and maybe even higher. To finally hear them play live, and with such perfect sound and clarity! :shock: In Edinburgh we got:

Hope Drone/Gathering Storm/Peasantry, or "Light! Inside Light!"/Lambs' Breath/Asunder, Sweet/Moya/New Song 1/The Sad Mafioso

If they'd played Mladic I really would've died and gone to heaven :lol:

P.S. Hope your peepers are OK!
amen to that. they were superb earlier in the year in Manchester. I agree with your assessment on the sound quality too- considering they are a band with multiple distorted guitars, violins, etc how they get it sounding so clear and powerful, and not like a dogs dinner is impressive. all the dynamic moments hit you just like you expect.

I'd even go as far as to say that even if people are on the fence about Godspeed, go and see them. they are on fine live form at the moment.

we got Mladic in Manchester and it was sublime! proper hairs on the back of the neck.
you did get Gathering Storm though!

hope your eyes are okay Shines.. sounds like that could have potentially been very nasty!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Wilco are playing Manchester Albert Hall and Brixton Academy next year. on the fence as to if I can be arsed. the new album is only a partial return to form but I expect they are still a fantastic live act, and not seem them since ooh 2011
they never seem to do a 'proper' UK tour