spring heel jack

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

anorthernsoul
Known user

spring heel jack

Post by anorthernsoul »

hey kids.

spring heel jack are playing at band on the wall in manchester on wednesday. i might pop along. it's a collaboration with an electric something-or-other band.

anyone been to see them or have anything to say?
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

The Jig wrote:I saw them at the start of last year....... Should be a good night, especially if Han Bennink is still on drums.....

And do you get a free Glastonbury Festival programme with the ticket ? I wonder !!
Mr Bennink is unbelievable. He puts most other drummers to shame! Go see them...
dogntank

Post by dogntank »

its not a spring heel jack gig, the electric dr m (matthew bourne) is been backed by shj.. dont expect bennink or any of the guys from the last tour - none of them are going to be there. the last shj lp, sweetness of the water, featured ewan/evan parker etc but bennink.. no. btw - the sweetness lp is class! if you have masses, youll love it - waddada leo smith' playing is some where between miles davis and john coltrane at times.
it will be a good gig, matthew bourne is a really good fender rhodes player, and if you know john and ashley' music youll have a great night... band on the wall is ok.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

oi, guest, tell us more about "sweetness of the water". please.
whats the label?
where to get it??

Shaun - thats the same one that John C told me about when you dragged him to me second time...ööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööö
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Veiko...

I mentioned 'The Sweetness Of The Water' on the post regarding Jimmy Scott and breezeblock mix 2001...

Here is the hard info...for UK release at least.

Audio CD (August 30, 2004)

Number of Discs:1
Label: Thirsty Ear
ASIN: B0001WENIM
Catalogue Number: I503604

It's a great album - a bit more ethereal than the last two....smoother.

HEAD-JAZZ