Kinski

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

runcible
Site Admin

Kinski

Post by runcible »

I saw Kinski in Leeds this evening at Joseph's Well pub. They were quite excellent; lots of pounding noisy songs that I found completely irresistable. It was also possible the oddest gig I've ever attended in that at the peak there were just 27 people there and that includes me and two friends. You could hear the stage creak between songs, the guitar strings twang in the quieter bits and the occasional chat between band members. I take my hat off to the audience who remained resolutely silent during the music but applauded enthusiastically when it mattered.

How is it possible for a band of this quality to attract so few people? When I popped into the room at the venue to see how close things were to show time the place was actually empty apart from myself and the band members who were tuning up on stage. Incredible.

Well, if that's how people want it I resign myself to the fact that high quality guitar music will remain unnoticed and unrespected. No wonder the music scene is so droll and boring. I was embarrased that Leeds produced so few attendees, but Kinski themselves will stay in my heart for their politeness during the gig and their warm friendliness after. Not to mention just how fucking good they were. Yorkshire - where were you?