Fender Fuzz Wah

Show off and geek out!

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

buttsjoc
New user

Fender Fuzz Wah

Post by buttsjoc »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else here has used/uses a Fender Fuzz-Wah? I've had a love/hate relationship with it that recently is more the latter and I was wondering i anyone knew of any tweaks that can help sort it out a bit, particularly the sweep length.

Thanks!
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: Fender Fuzz Wah

Post by TheWarmth »

I used to have an old Fender Fuzz-Wah. You can do cool stuff with the unique volume/wah treadle, but the wah itself is not that great. As for making an adjustment to give it more sweep, I'm guessing the answer is no. If you want a longer sweep, look at a vintage Colorsound or have Stu Castledine build one for you: http://wah-wah.co.uk/

I shipped Stu an old Colorsound volume pedal enclosure and had him build and install a vintage Colorsound wah circuit in it. It's fantastic. I've been using it for years. Never had any issues. It's got a ton of amazing, growly low end.
buttsjoc
New user

Post by buttsjoc »

Thanks, those look very cool and yea the wah is pretty weak but I really enjoyed it for more subtle tone changing tasks. Thanks again and I'm going to seriously consider taking a look at those colorsound wahs. About how much did the whole build cost you?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I can't remember what the total cost was, as it was years ago. Also, I supplied the enclosure so that cut down on the price, too. Just shoot Stu an email.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Check out Macari's online store. They have a Castledine made Colorsound Wah.

http://www.macaris.co.uk/Colorsound/Col ... edine.aspx

Like the Warmth says the coloursound wah's are the nuts. This one is without the Fuzz circuit but the Wah sounds AMAZING. The range of these things is amazing. It's a fair bit of money but you won't need to buy another wah pedal. Plus the guys at Macari's are super cool and it's nice to know your money is going to people who genuinely care about making decent products and giving good customer service.

If the price is a little too much then check out the vintage coloursound wah's on ebay but over the last few years the prices have shot up and as they are vintage they sometimes can be a little temperamental/fragile.
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Yes, that Castledine-built Colorsound wah is probably the exact same circuit as the one I have. You might be able to save a little money if you order a Stu Castledine-branded wah direct from him rather buying the 264 GBP model through Macari's. Obviously, Stu and Macari's are both making a bit of money off of the CS-branded models and I think that's part of the reason why they are so expensive.
Timothytix
New user

Fender Fuzz Wah

Post by Timothytix »

Huge moving sale ends Sept 27th.

I am moving from Beijing and so have:

-Musical Equipment - all slightly used but in great condition
mini guitar amp 200rmb,
fender Squire bass guitar 500rmb it is white and taken care of.. new strings, etc
pedal board rack 400rmb
joyo distortion pedal 200rmb
joyo analog delay pedal 200rmb
big muff fuzz pedal real, from UK 600rmb
vox wah v847 500rmb

would be open for selling the whole lot at a discount
i will have pics when I get back by the weekend.

contact me via wechat ID: malley

I will be back in Beijing by this upcoming sunday the 21st.