landmark

Show off and geek out!

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

The Dr
Known user

landmark

Post by The Dr »

i just noticed it is 2 years tomorrow since anyone posted in here!
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
heisenberg
Known user

Re: landmark

Post by heisenberg »

Kind of a shame, really. Anyone want to share any new gear they've purchased recently?

I posted my pedalboard a few years back. As fun and as it is (and as proud of it as I am), it is a nightmare to carry to rehearsals/gigs. I'm constructing a miniboard of my other pedals which will cover most of the same ground for half the size/weight, albeit without some of the little luxury items that are on the bigger board. I don't have a band at the moment, so my pedalboard geekiness has died off of late.

I don't know much about keyboards, but I was wondering if anyone uses nord keyboards? And if so, what their experience/feedback has been. I've seen so many bands I like (including Spz at Glastonbury 2015) using them and I'm intrigued. Expensive though.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I can post some things later tonight. I just assumed there wasn't much interest, so I stopped posting gear. Happy to nerd out, though.
NumberZzz
New user

Post by NumberZzz »

Hi to all,
Ive just bought a Motu 1248 thunderbolt audio interface. Its got ESS 32 Sabre ultra converters in it and works at 192K.
I write electronic music using logic pro X. We're called Magnetic Pistons and got played by the BBC introducing team about a month ago. Its a great 'capture device', but analog rules supreme. We do have a lot of analog gear, some cheap, some more expensive. We've also got a bunch of Roland 330 spacial processors (not used yet as I was writing tunes clean out of iMac sound card until recently). I just bought a Nectar Panorama P4 controller keyboard too (thanks minor car crash), both items (Motu and Nektar are recommended. Forgot, I got an IConnect midi 2 plus for iPad connection (so I can use Lemur controller).
Dan in the band has a Moog Midi Murf, I ain't timed that up to wave speed yet, but sounds ace anyway, will sound better.
Don't wanna sound like I'm boasting...We've been collecting/ learning for years, and only about 3 months ago have a nail it to the high standard needed.
Here we Go
2 X Volca bass
Volca beats
Volca FM
Volca Keys
Nord lead 2
Novation bass station
TR909
Bass bot TT303
Korg Minilogue
MicroKorg
Korg ms2000
2 X s boss se70 fx
Roland rev 330 sdx 330 sde 330 fx
boss dd10 dd20 delays
Focusrite platinum compressor
Zoom guitar fx (slips me)
3 X boss dr 880 drum machines
You Rock midi guitar
Fender precision bass
Yamaha Pacifica strat (ace)
Silent way sample accurate midi interface
Sync gen pro 2
Unitor 8 mk 2
IConnect midi 2 plus with iPad and Lemur
P4 panarama keyboard
Moog Midi Murf filter
Yamaha QX1 sequencer
Motu Ultravide 1248 AVB thunderbolt interface
FL studio PC
Ableton Mac
Logic pro X Mac
Yamaha RS7000 sampling workstation
Danny's got various Mic's/ stands...none that good
Lexicon reflex fx
Fluke oscilloscope
Hewlett Packard sythesizer / function generator
Casio and Texas instruments programmable calculators.

I could go on but I'm bored.
Am building imagery rig at the moment.
Thanks for the site.