NCAA Brackets

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Alex English
Known user

Re: NCAA Brackets

Post by Alex English »

Wow, CU got completely screwed. Five wins over the top 50 including beating K-State three times and yet UAB, VCU, Clemson and USC get in. Complete BS. I wonder if this had something to do with Dan Beebe being on the selection committee and retribution for leaving the Big 12. I almost do not even want to fill out any brackets.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Still filling my bracket out...will get it done asap!

:D
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Alex English wrote: I almost do not even want to fill out any brackets.
Between the Nuggets trading away Billups and now this I guess you have your sights on the Rockies opening game and their upcoming season.
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

Actually, the Nuggets have become a really fun team to watch. They are 8-2 since the trade and are playing inspired basketball. I am looking forward to seeing my defending MLS Cup Champ Rapids take on your Timbers on Saturday.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Waiting for the tournament. I'm picking KANSAS again this year, I think they can pull it off with the Championship game between Kansas and UConn. The Final Four Teams I've chosen are :Syracuse, UConn, Kansas and Pitt. I think Syracuse can beat Ohio St. and I think UConn has the legs to go deep. Pitt can be an underdog coming out of the SouthEast.

Just saw that ESPN's Jay Bilay ? has just picked the same Final Four that I have including Kanas winning it all ! Obama also picked Kansas too ! :o
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Alex English wrote:Actually, the Nuggets have become a really fun team to watch. They are 8-2 since the trade and are playing inspired basketball. I am looking forward to seeing my defending MLS Cup Champ Rapids take on your Timbers on Saturday.
Yes, they do seem mighty strong since the trade. While Utah are in a spiraling free fall. Billups is a class act and he voiced many times how he wanted to retire in Denver. I felt bad for him. Well, as much as once can for a millionaire who chose his profession! If the Blazers can stay consistent we too can be a real spoiler in the West. Our wins against Miami, Orlando and Dallas prove that. Problem is, we can play amazing basketball one game then lose the next one to a team we should beat.

Timbers excitement is definitely mounting. Portland loves its soccer. It is, however, a shame that a compromise could not be made with MLS and allow our minor league baseball team to share the stadium. Because of this the baseball team ended up moving to California.

Interestingly, the last couple days while driving to work I have seen several members of the Timbers jogging through downtown Portland at about 7:10am so their presence in the community is definitely a visable one. Saturday's game against the Rapids should be fun and the rivalry between Portland, Seattle and Vancouver will be renewed and even more intense now that all three are in MLS. I am definitely planning to buy tickets to our home opener against Chicago on April 14th!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Sat down and did my brackets last night. No real science or logic to my choices. Just looked at a handful of teams wins and losses and who their opponents were and then went with my heart. Ohio State seem to me the strongest in the field but then again last year I chose Syracuse and two years ago I went with Kansas :roll:

Louisville are the first of the big guns to let me down....I honestly didn't think they would lose in the first round.

PS: I was pulling for the Spartans, Alan. They made a decent fight of it in the second half. Sorry, mate.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Xavier were my sleeper of the tourney (bit like Butler last year). I had them upsetting Syracuse and NC to make it to the elite eight :oops: . Their loss today to Marquette definitely inflicted some pain on my bracket. But, I did pick Florida State to win today! So not all is lost. :D
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:It all looked so promising. Thanks Pitt! I'll get my coat..........
Yea man...my bracket took a serious beating yesterday. But, three of the best games were also played yesterday (shame I didn't call any of them tho! Ooops!).
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I did ok yesterday...ended up moving up a couple spots in our pool.

Not sure where I will finish though after tonight. We'll see.

Alan, I reckon that the winner of the pool should receive a bottle of microbrew sent to him from each of the other player's state.

:D
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I'm officially hosed. Ohio State's loss officially kills my bracket.

That's ok though....some truly great college games yesterday! VCU and UK's nail biters were followed by a beautiful win by Portland with only 9/10ths of a sec left against the best team in the league at the moment (San Antonio). Watch this...it couldn't have been more perfect! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doPGmQY7 ... re=related
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Woo hoo! Who had Butler vs VCU in their bracket? Nobody, right?

This is great...I'm so glad Kansas have fallen. And now North Carolina too are gone! :lol: