Neighbor problem

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spzretent
Site Admin

Neighbor problem

Post by spzretent »

I have lived in my house for 13 years and have a very good relationship w/all my neighbors. Two weeks ago I came home from work and my next door neighbor yelled for me to come over. She had something for me. I walked into the house these was a pomeranian dog in a cage that barely could hold it.
I told her thanks, but no thanks. My experience with pomeranian's isn't good. They are obnoxious little shits. I kept that last bit to myself.
What does she do? She keeps it. She now has four dogs. Two of which bark sporadically. Which I can live with. That is what dogs do when they see people or other dogs.
This new dog barks incessantly from the minute it goes outside until my neighbor finally lets it in. And each stay outside is getting longer and longer. This little fucker barked for half an hour straight this morning.
I do understand she is "rescuing" this dog. She has two rather large dogs, a shi-tzu and now this pomeranian all confined to a small kitchen. This hardly seems fair to have four dogs confined to such a small space.
Now I have to complain to her as she did to me last summer when the dog across the street barked at all hours.
This is going to kill our relationship.
Anyone here ever have to deal w/a situation like this?
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Neighbor problem

Post by runcible »

Not an easy one, particularly if you get on!

I live on a farm and the the farmer who works here has this habit of getting up really early and doing all the noisy things he does at crack of dawn. One of these is to walk through the fields shouting 'WAY! HEY! HO!' at the cows very loudly to gather them up - his shouts are followed by loud 'moooOOOO's from the cows in response. His other favourite activity is to do some mysterious thing with a huge JCB digger - we get the beep-beep-beep as it reverses about once a minute and then scary scraping digger sounds with loud metallic concrete-meets-metal booms interspersed. Sometimes he does his chasing-the-cows stuff while IN his digger so it's a double whammy. Of course these guys work hard and this is part of country life but at 5.30 a.m. on a Sunday morning, for instance, it gets a tad weary.

Oh, we're cat people here so a dog problem is pretty alien to me. Good luck with that! Instead we have issues with the cats terrorising the rabbit and rat population (and bringing the remnants inside as trophies).
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

...or you could take the Seinfeld episode approach!
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

Pomeranians? Oh god I feel your pain with those horrible creatures. A friend of mine’s wife had one and I have yet to meet a more unpleasant animal. A few months ago it bit their six month old son in the face and they ended up sending it to a farm, I really hope that is a euphemism.

Good luck, these things can wear you down.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

When our daughter Zoe was born (our first child) we lived in a small apartment block. Our immediate neighbor was a lovely older lesbian nurse who was wonderfully helpful to us in those early days. However, after Zoe was born she started to say on several occasions how lucky we were to have a baby and how much she wished she had one too. It started to make us feel somewhat uncomfortable. But then a couple months later she went out and bought a small little yappy dog (no idea what breed...possibly a King Charles) and she named it....Zoe! It was incredibly awkward for us. Eventually, I felt so strongly about it I did actually say to her that it made us very uncomfortable that she named her new dog after our daughter. In the end, she did end up changing the name to "Xena" but I am sure it remained "Zoe" and she only referred to it as "Xena" when we were within earshot.

I preferred our neighbors on the other side of us who would shag with the lights on and the curtains open (clearly they wanted us to watch them). Or, their was also the man in the downstairs, directly opposite apartment who would lift weights in the nude and then have a wank (again with his blinds open). Honest to god, this is a true story! Needless to say, our friends always loved coming over to our place for a good laugh at the expense of our neighbors!

But, that wasn't the oddest place I lived. As a graduate student, I spent two years in Albany, NY in an apartment building that I quickly found out was a re-housing center for the local mental institution. I stayed because it was in a cool part of town and it was (surprise, surprise) very cheap! I minded my business while there and never had any problems but man, some of the stories I could tell you of those neighbors! :shock:
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

redcloud wrote: I preferred our neighbors on the other side of us who would shag with the lights on and the curtains open (clearly they wanted us to watch them). Or, their was also the man in the downstairs, directly opposite apartment who would lift weights in the nude and then have a wank (again with his blinds open). Honest to god, this is a true story! Needless to say, our friends always loved coming over to our place for a good laugh at the expense of our neighbors!
You gotta love when that happens! I've witnessed a lot of weird shit like that too in the places I've lived throughout the years.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

People have more compassion towards animals then each other. FACT!!!
Cheapster
Known user

Post by Cheapster »

I was in a similar situation once. It was a very neglected dog that was locked outside all day and night. We complained to the authorities that it was being mistreated, but nothing was done. That dog never stopped barking. never. ever.
My husband discreetly "stole" the dog and took it to the SPCA and we never saw it again. Whatever happened to it, I'm sure it's happier now than it was in that desolate, lonely backyard.
Good luck!
Edit: It sounds like I'm against dogs being outside...I'm not at all. But without wanting to go into detail, that dog really was mistreated and neglected.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

My 'wonderful' neighbours (they are on the other side of the back fence) were renovating/extending their house last year. Their builder took down the fence, without telling us. Our dog Max wandered past the builders and out of the neighbour's property. We never saw him again. I kid you not, but these neighbours then had the nerve to ask us to pay 50% of the cost of rebuilding the fence a short while afterwards. My six year old daughter still cries every time we pass a black and white Jack Russell in the street. I cannot believe that someone else could loose my dog for me when he was safe in my (dog-friendly) back yard. Bastards! :cry:
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

In Dec. there was a boiler explosion incident in the next door building that affected my flat and my neighbours', but because of it I got to meet my downstairs neighbour's mother - who was in the flat because for some reason it was a better place for her wee yorkshire terrier to give birth to two puppies! I like her other dog, but I can't stand small dogs. The puppies looked like wee rats but I just shut up :D

In a previous rented flat we had some interesting neighbours upstairs. One night they started making a racket and I heard a big crashing noise outside, then it just sounded like a fight in the close.
The next morning there was a pool of blood in the close downstairs, and when I met another neighbour she told me the loud noise I heard was when their TV flew out the window and crashed onto the road!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

My dogs bark too, from the second they go out til the second they are let in. I understand it is fucking annoying but trust me it doesn't annoy anyone as much as the owner.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Neighbour problems?

Pomeranians???

I think I've heard this before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbJYwXRtlQE
O P 8
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

our dogs only make noise when they're eating people who don't like dogs
(pic taken at the commencement of a molly trip a few years back :wink: )
I think I feel it coming on
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Ah. there you are Steve - check your PMs.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I understand your dilemna. A neighbor, when I had a neighbor, had two large mongrels that were not well taken care of and they cried and barked incessantly. I watered them, and I even bought the damn food for awhile. Then one day I purchased several ultrasonic devices, aimed them at my neighbors house and yard. I set a timer for when I knew the owners were home. Between the constant howling of the dogs and ensuing arguments amongst the couple and their children, the dogs were liberated to a nice house in the country where they were looked after; (I had a friend who volunteered). Perhaps this method would be of help for you. Yes,utilizing timed ultrasonic devices is a viable answer for you. I wish you luck WHATEVER method you choose.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

spzretent wrote:I'm thinking of having a party this summer. Barbequed Pomeranian on the menu. Any takers?
Fucker's been barking all day.
With special sauce, and a toasted baguette?

Fuck Subway!!!
O P 8
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Well things have gotten quite contentious now. This morning, a beautiful Sunday morning, I am minding my own business and this little shit decides to sit right in front of my window barking non stop, Not wanting to hear this I slammed my window shut. The operative word being slammed. The handle broke slicing right into the side of my right hand. This required a trip to the emergency room, a tetanus shot, x rays, 8 stitches and a wasted 3 hours.
Where is my gun?.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Jesus Christ. This is a blood situation now?
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I once "removed" an annoying neighbor within a day playing Zappa's "Weasels Ripped my Flesh" on (2) out of sync 8 tracks simultaneously; the weasel next door moved within 24 hours. But it seems that you may be past subsonic, ultrasonic, hypersonic or... Do you have a firearm that is suppressed? By the way, Aguila makes .22 ammo WITHOUT POWDER, ONLY PRIMERS. Quieter than an annoying bloodletting mongrel while napping. Just a thought. Hope you resolve (or dissolve) your problem soon. Nasty Problem, ergo Nasty Solutions may be necessary.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

can you get a dog whistle that no humans can hear? :twisted:
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

A squirt gun works wonders if done during or milliseconds after the bark. A few direct hits from out of the blue and the dog associates being outside + barking = a magically annoying and shocking hit of water in the face. You can fix what your irresponsible neighbor has become tone deaf to. And if you squirt while blowing the whistle, you've achieved double aversive stimuli and will quickly extinguish the barking. In theory.
I think I feel it coming on
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

i'll try anything legal at this point.
My right hand is pretty messed up. My neighbor, she is oblivious.
I hope she likes Moon Duo. Its blasting out of my speakers right now. And i'm at work :D
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Disgusting isn't it?

A nozzled hose is superior to a squirt gun in my opinion. [ A pomeranian has a tiny brain ], and may be aroused, annoyed and hence tend to bark when hit with the squirt gun, but a nozzled hose can inflict sufficient fright and discomfort without necessarily inflicting damage to Fluffy; [ Since I blame your neighbor and not the mutt, it is the dimwitted neighbor who should be hosed down ]. If you choose to use the dog whistle, easily available, try using it with a mic-amp-speaker setup.
I hope your MOON DUO revelation does the trick, assuming your neighbor's hearing is still intact. Good luck.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I only hope that the Moon Duo wasn't on vinyl...
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Had a long chat w/my offending neighbor last night. She said I can do whatever I want re: squirtgun, hose, whistle. She said she is trying to train them but its taking time. While we here conversing, the offending little shit walked up and started barking at me. Man are pomeranians ugly dogs. Made all the more ugly with that annoying bark.
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

Why not buy a huge alsatian or a pit bull who means business, and tie him down on your garden somewhere so he can be your guard dog of sorts? Hopefully when the dog next door clocks him, it'll scare the life out of the lttle shit and let it know who's boss!
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I'm glad that at least you are both still on speaking terms; that is always a great place to start, and to finish.
Some situations bring out the worst and the best in people, and I think you have been damned patient and understanding.

I am curious as to the effect (if any) of the Moon Duo application..........
Paracelsus
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

You obviously forgot the Mainliner or Purling Hiss soundtrack at the hospital.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I had hoped for all concerned that the pomeranian problem would be over by now -

In this heat, the little darling may LIKE the supersoaker; maybe the pooch being inside in the cool has been

a blessing, assuming that is, the pooch HAS been inside. :)
Paracelsus
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Offending neighbor has rescued yet another obnoxious small yapper dog. Bringing her grand total to 5 dogs. All barricaded in a small kitchen. I have two options at this point. Calling Animal Cruelty and/or calling the city which limits households to 2 or 3 dogs.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Is this neighbor a lonely person? Was there a great loss they suffered, somehow involving say, their family or children? Or, is the neighbor a complete psycho without any concern for self, doggies OR you?

I ask because before I barbeque puppy, or even considered call in the [Das Polizei], knowing particulars would make some difference in how I handled this.

I really do understand your dilemna, I may live in the middle of nowhere NOW, but it hasn't always been that way.
Since you are in a rather "controlled" area, I suppose puppy assassination is out. I once asked if you had a sound supressor for your (you just said "gun"), but knowing where you live, I'm surprised that butcher knives and shrimp forks, dangerous as they are, are not serialized with an accompanying 10 day waiting period.

At least the animal control people, if associated w/ the ASPCA or such would have the animals in mind; I hate to punish even a pomeranian because the owner is contemptable; or senile; or just uncaring.

I am really sorry that this shit is continuing to be a problem. Maybe a letter warning her first? Sign it "the neighborhood".
Paracelsus
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

You nailed it!
Her husband was killed at work about 6 years ago. Before that they had 3 little dogs.

We had words tonight. I said please tell me you are dog sitting. Her reply was no. Its another stray. I then said what the fuck? Do you not have any consideration for your neighbors. People do live on either side of you. She then replied the newest addition will be going across the street to the house she bought for her brother. He gets here in two weeks.
She also promised me this is it. No more dogs.
I still hate that pomeranian.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Oh no.
A brother, bought and paid for, just across the street.

I think he will either be your greatest ally, or greatest continued threat.

With this new data in mind, I suppose you can only wait and see what he turns out to be.
He could take the place of several dogs, or he could provide the place for several MORE dogs.

I would have the appropriate phone numbers handy; I don't think rational explanations or
results from conversation alone are very likely, but I HOPE I AM WRONG.
Paracelsus
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Out cycling this morning and I pulled up behind a car in a queue. I could of easily cycled alongside the whole queue and carried on my way but something in the back of the end car caught my eye and I felt like a bit of a rest and couldn't resist. As soon as the pomeranian saw me it started yapping and after several minutes of winding it up, it was going crazy. Its owners couldn't do anything about it and knew I was winding it up. With the owners sufficiently annoyed with me, and the pomeranian going mental, I went by them with a twisted grin and a wave. I simply couldn't let the opportunity go.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I have always loved large breed dogs, and vowed that when I finally found myself in the quiet of the country, I would fulfill that desire and asked for "the pick of the litter".

My Hound is an English Mastiff called Baskerville. He weighed 19 pounds at 8 weeks, and is now a trim, healthy 173 pounds.

This Hound is Large, and I knew he would grow into his name; but he is so quiet, well, he is stealthy! He sleeps on a 6' x 8' carpeting, which fits him (diagonally) as he stretches. But, this Killer, was startled upon the landing of a butterfly on his nose. How embarrassing. He is as gentle as you can imagine; with a working understanding in English, German and Latin. He eats relatively little, but he does nothing besides keeping me company, and walks with me into the woods and meadows around the house. He is now very old for his breed; so I am happy each morning he awakens me by gently placing his giant head on my feet.

The children of the gentleman who delivers propane to my home, love the Hound. Perhaps the cutest, (and sweetest) - phone call I have ever received was from a 5 year old who very politely asked, "Can Baskerville come out to play"? So, of course, the children were brought out and played with the Hound.

He is so gentle and caring, that I cannot imagine Pomerainan Mental Syndrome; I pity the animal and everything with ears and a mind around the creatures when I have this magnificent, loving Hound around me. One factor is no doubt breeding, AND his substancial cranial capacity. Pomeranians have the brain of a disturbed, rabid hamster.

My Grandfather, who, upon seeing a snarling, vicious, yapping Pomeranian in a ladies lap where she held the beastette with a vice-like grip, said, while shaking his head, "Look at that poor little inbred thing".
Funny the detail one remembers clear as day when that day was long, long ago.
I hope spzretent, I hope that your situation has improved without any mortality involved, despite the "poor little inbred things".
Paracelsus
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Well I haven't murdered it(yet).
I had a not so kind word with my neighbor tonight and told her there is no way I can take another 12-14 years of the incessant barking at the crack of dawn. Its just not fair.
Of course her solution is to put it on a tether. More mistreatment.
Most normal folks would walk him just to be courteous to their neighbors in the morning. Or possible a bark collar. Not my neighbor.
The Animal Cruelty folks could have a field day with her.

Shaun:
You must know there is Yank 4000 miles away grinning that a pomeranian owner got what they deserved.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

After you told me of the history and loss of your neighbor, which I suspected, I felt pity for her - but I don't live next to her.
Has the bought and paid for brother arrived to help, or are you going mad alone?
A little old lady probably needs a small breed, but unfortunately, they ARE little "Inbred Things" and are generally quite stupid, and will therefore bark at there own existence. Did you describe to her a Collar that trains the animal to be quiet?

I believe if I were in your situation, after all this time, I would set an ultimatum, too have said Collars, or hire a kid to walk the beastettes every day (sure), or other measures would need to be invoked. I hate the idea of involving das polizei of any stripe, but perhaps the Animal Control People, when called, could be informed of this ladies past and delicate situation - the beastettes are all she has to remember her husband by; and such memory devices are very powerful, and can command ones subconscious. Perhaps THEY, the A.C.P. could explain the necessity and utility of the Training Collar, otherwise.........................Is there a Humane Society who may be more likely to show kindness all around; because where I live, the Sheriff, a very nice fellow, would come by, probably with his wife, with a pie or some soup, and explain very slowly and carefully what MUST be done to preserve the peace and her beasts. Somehow, I don't see that as a viable solution in your area; there must be SOMEONE who can be fairminded, and kind all around, or do I live in a world apart?

It is terribly unfair to you and your neighbors; I suppose I just would like to see someone in a Professional Capacity describe what MUST be done or she could lose the animal(s). Faced with THAT, then I should think that she would no longer hesitate to do whatever was necessary to keep the both the peace and her beastettes. Best of luck w/ a messy mess. It IS hard to keep ones cool when you have been at a boil for so long, but perhaps you WILL find the right person(s) to intercede. semisynthetic.
Paracelsus
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

The tether has worked so far. I know its not that humane but i'll take it.
Tonight my neighbor said she doing this all for me. I said you have neighbors on both sides of you and people behind you. She said the dog barks straight up at the fence therefore the people behind her cant hear the barking.
How do you possibly argue with this logic?
It reminds me of a friend who said "we cant watch the Detroit fireworks from Canada. We will be sitting behind them". :shock:
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Well, I wouldn't try to argue; why not set a microphone out, and record by whatever means you have, and let her hear, preferably on your system, just how much racket the creature makes, no matter WHICH way its head points when incessantly barking? That would be difficult to argue with, although I suppose she could simply shut it out of her mind; but is seems easy to do and worth a try before Toto gets whacked by some unknown assassin.
Paracelsus
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I think this thread is all one big advertisement for cats. Gotta love 'em.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I don't like cats (even though we have one!), but i keep getting this image in my head...

Perfect advert! :lol: :lol:

runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

flokie wrote:In Dec. there was a boiler explosion incident in the next door building that affected my flat and my neighbours'

On Thursday night our neighbours Range Rover exploded. I went outside to see what was going on and there was a fire engine, masses of firemen and a car burning so intensely with 30 foot flames and pea soup fog-like smoke unbelievably thick. The worrying thing is that this car was about 20-30 feet from the large oil tanks which are what this house is heated by. If those had gone up I suspect the house would have too.

All part of a very shitty weekend here for various reasons, and burning cars are something I've only ever really seen on the news.
Attachments
RR 1.jpg
RR 1.jpg (99.39 KiB) Viewed 12705 times
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

runcible wrote:
On Thursday night our neighbours Range Rover exploded. I went outside to see what was going on and there was a fire engine, masses of firemen and a car burning so intensely with 30 foot flames and pea soup fog-like smoke unbelievably thick. The worrying thing is that this car was about 20-30 feet from the large oil tanks which are what this house is heated by. If those had gone up I suspect the house would have too.
How the fuck does a Range Rover just ignite? I mean, honestly? Is this fire being treated as suspect (insurance jobbie)?

I actually drive a 1972 VW bug and they had a suspect part that caused fire problems (the fuel filter was placed right next to the distributor! I had my fuel filter re-routed and it is now just above my left side, rear wheel eliminating the potential of a spark to ignite the fuel filter). What I don't understand is how a car such as a Range Rover can catch fire and explode. Any ideas what caused this? Thank goodness it wasn't near your oil tanks. That doesn't even bear thinking about.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

First thing my other half said was 'insurance job?' Who knows - we've had the Fire Service and the police round asking questions about what happened. Last night their 'other' Range Rover was parked in the gap between their house and ours, directly beside the oil tanks. Hmmmm...
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Back to dogs for a sec. I spoke to my pomeranian neighbor today. I said I haven't seen Clyde, her psycho pit bull mix rescue lately. She said oh, didn't I tell you what happened? She came home from a night out a month ago and this psycho dog had mauled the shitzu she had for 16 years. I wont get into the graphic details but it was pretty horrible. The next morning she put both the 16 year old and the pit bull mix down.
She was warned for a few years of this dog's psychotic behavior. He attacked me once, bit two of the neighbors across the street, had gone after her other dogs, and was just a miserable pet. But no one can tell her anything.
Now this. So sad.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

That's terrible. But, I guess it's best it was the Shitzu and not some kid playing in their yard!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

semisynthetic wrote:This Hound is Large, and I knew he would grow into his name; but he is so quiet, well, he is stealthy! He sleeps on a 6' x 8' carpeting, which fits him (diagonally) as he stretches. But, this Killer, was startled upon the landing of a butterfly on his nose. How embarrassing. He is as gentle as you can imagine; with a working understanding in English, German and Latin. He eats relatively little, but he does nothing besides keeping me company, and walks with me into the woods and meadows around the house. He is now very old for his breed; so I am happy each morning he awakens me by gently placing his giant head on my feet.
My sister has one of these too, Its only few months old but is already a huge, gangly thing that is scared of its own shadow. My sister took it to a local park where they have a small area section off specifically for the dogs to run around in and it was confronted by one of these little yappy bastards. My sisters dog got such a fright it just kept running away and falling over its own legs in a state of panic. :lol: :lol:

My grandparents used to keep ex-police alsatians. They had a huge male (Sabre) and an equally large female (Tara). We used to go to Loch Lomond with my uncle, the two dogs and with our own dog to let the dogs swim and run around. Now being ex-police dogs, these things had the most amazing, tolerant nature even with their size. One day we were out walking and some annoying little Jack Russel ran over and started bark bark barking and dancing around trying to get a rise out of them. Sabre promptly opened his mouth and basically put the wee Jack Russells head its in mouth... almost in its entirety, but simply held it there... didn't bite down or anything. It was the most amazing thing to see. Needless to say the JR owner came running over cracking up and saying Sabre was mauling her dog, but she was told to fuck off and be grateful, as Sabre hadn't been fed today.

Always loved those alsatians... 8)

Personally, I'd like nothing more than to take a good run up and punt one of these yappy little things over the roofs of house...
Mustard
Known user

Post by Mustard »

I like the idea of these police dogs. Are they generally available? Any downsides?
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I love dogs; (well, larger intelligent dogs); and one of my Favorites is the German Shepherd. Although they make great "Police Dogs", they are wonderful with children; I have seen one of these dogs circle and "herd" children away from the street; or back down 2 Rottweillers who seem to think the children might make a tasty snack or playthings.

(This same dog was OBVIOUSLY very happy when he first saw his puppies; amazing).

My Hound, Baskerville, is an English Mastiff, and my "little friend" and very gentle; but his breed was used for centuries in war and Hunting; the Mastiffs would chase down the Stag, and holding the Stag by the throat, the Hunter, usually mounted on horseback, would shoot the arrow. Ghengis Khan had 10,000 "West-Asian Type" Mastiffs; Wow. The idea was obvious, scare the population with an advancing crowd of giant Hounds; the "enemy" becomes a Chew Toy. Later, less glamorous and more inhumane than necessary, sports used these beautiful dogs like kindling.

I like Alsations, too; intelligent, strong, intimidating (when needed); I think whatever breed you choose, you should always consider the needs of that breed; enough running room, a pond or lake for water-playing, etc. To put a large dog, or a small one for that matter, where they do not have the ideal facilities for their type is cruel. I had such a "neighbor problem" once upon a time, 3 large mixed breeds, but intelligent, and NEVER watered, the yard was definitely too small. Very unkind.
Paracelsus
Mustard
Known user

Post by Mustard »

I've got a Dalmation. She been moved about a bit but has been with us 2 years. She's a big dog, a little overweight but not much - just big. Great temperament although a little neurotic. Completely trustworthy around the Kids and with 1 on the way she'll be fantastic for that one too. She's always been really placid, scared of cats, chickens and her shadow but, last week, we were fronted by 4 dogs getting a bit over-excited and she saw all of them off.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Its 70 degrees and sunny here. For the first time since November fresh air is flowing thru the house. All the windows are open.
After a winter of listening to not only the offending pomeranian bark, the little shit taught the yellow lab to bark from the moment it goes out. Approxiamtely 10 x a day since my neighbor doesn't work.
Well I hope she likes Taj Mahal blasting out my windows. Check that, I hope she hates Taj Mahal.
I've got 7 months of retribution.
I should really find a way to get into the Heads :twisted:
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I had a suggestion or 2; SOUND EFFECT RECORDS ON CD
OR, how about putting Phil Lesh "SEASTONES" ON CD;
OR HAUNTED HOUSE RECORDINGS AND SEASTONES;
OR, (although I LOVE WAGNER); even Das Ring der Nebulungen, in toto, That is a good choice;
Maybe Recording the little hamster-dog and Having the PLAYBACK ON MAXIMUM could do "something";
OR the recordings they sell of a "Giant Dog" woofing at intruders played OVERANDOVERANDOVER
may have some effect;
Jungle Animal Sound Effects may fighten the little monster.
OR, perhaps and endless loop of Maniacal Laughter may affect the to date, "wall of logic" who owns the pomeranian?

Sorry Alan; that is NOT what "Spring is in the Air" is all about.

I cannot think of anything CERTAIN that is also not unkind.
Paracelsus