El Classico

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

niamhm
Known user

El Classico

Post by niamhm »

just settling down to watch the first instalment in the ... quartoligy? I think I`m making words up here ,but anyway these teams meet 4 times in the next few weeks ,with quite a lot at stake ,can`t wait to see what happens ,love watching Barca.the best football team in maybe the last 20 yrs. and f8ckin hate Mourinho ,so you know what I`m wishing for.
James T
Known user

Re: El Classico

Post by James T »

Yesterday was certainly about the cup semi-final. Yaya!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

P.t 2 tonight and it should be some atmosphere,as Barca. and Madrid fans are rarely in the same stadia due to no away fans in Spanish football,except the Copa Del Rey final and this is the first in 21 years,
of the 3 trophy`s they clash in this probably the least important ,but pride is not to be taken lightly,
funny to see Madrid happy with a draw on saturday as it almost guarentees Barca. are champions again,but maybe not surprising after their trouncing earlier on in the league,looking forward to this ,hopefully a better spectical than saturday ,but with Barca`s attacking options Mourinho can realistically on play it tight,
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Mourinho seems to be working his evil magic on Madrid as they stiffle Barca. once again ,can see them repeating the trick he pulled of with Inter last year and putting them out of Champuions league,as Barca seem tired/jaded or something ,anyway setting up nicely for the first clash next week,
fair play to Madrid ,the workrate was phenominal,and Ronaldo`s(boo!!!) goal was excellent ,seemed to hover in the air as he waited on the cross,
but may be the highlight of the whole night was Sergio Ramos dropping the cup of the top of the open top bus ,and said bus then driving over the top of it!!! check it out ,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXxSuzRpTps
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

shitty , dirty game last night, but that 2nd goal...................... :shock:
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Yeah it was a nasty match but I really enjoyed watching it turn into a game of chess. That 2nd goal was truly glorious but for the little guy to find the space for the 1st one was impressive.

I think Mourinho is losing it - to claim the stuff he did about Barca was ridiculous. That they get fairer treatment because UNICEF are their shirt sponsor? Jesus wept...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

good to see Mourinho so gracious in defeat made my night almost as much as Messi`s second goal ,what a goal ,a thing of beauty truly.as for the game a clash of 2 opposing styles,I thought it was enthralling to watch it unfold ,I thought the sending off was deserved ,over the ball ,straight legged and studs showing ,if Pedro made the most of it ,then he wasn`t the only one and Pepe deserved it if only for his antics over the 2 previous games,hammer thrower and certainly the game changing moment but Barca. were only team trying to win ,I mean Madrid 3 centre halfs as midfielders ,WTF.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

niamhm wrote:good to see Mourinho so gracious in defeat made my night almost as much as Messi`s second goal ,what a goal ,a thing of beauty truly.as for the game a clash of 2 opposing styles,I thought it was enthralling to watch it unfold ,I thought the sending off was deserved ,over the ball ,straight legged and studs showing ,if Pedro made the most of it ,then he wasn`t the only one and Pepe deserved it if only for his antics over the 2 previous games,hammer thrower and certainly the game changing moment but Barca. were only team trying to win ,I mean Madrid 3 centre halfs as midfielders ,WTF.
yes, alonso, the world renouned centre back...

the game changed when pepe was sent off for kicking the ball. barce couldn't beat them. jose is a genius. messi is a genius too but the second goal wouldn't have happened if there had been 11 men. uafa is a joke and i've lost a lot of respect for barce. jose has a point, refs are probably intimidated subconsciously. but conspiracy, nah. just a great game of football ruined by a mindless thug (i'm talking to you danny)
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

well pointed out Ben ...maybe ask the "genius" Mourinho why he asked him to play like one then ,skulking around in his own half with the other 6 defensive players ?

cant believe you fell his other rantings , thats just smoke and mirrors to attempt to hide his own failings ,poor put upon Real Madrid with the 500,000euro squad ,aye right .
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

The thing that destroys Mourinho's theory about there being a conspiracy that favours Barca is the goal that Barca scored in the closing moments of the semi-final last year against Inter - which was disallowed for reasons that I still can't work out. If there were guidelines that gave Barca the benefit at every possible crucial moment that goal would have stood.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

niamhm wrote:
well pointed out Ben ...maybe ask the "genius" Mourinho why he asked him to play like one then ,skulking around in his own half with the other 6 defensive players ?

cant believe you fell his other rantings , thats just smoke and mirrors to attempt to hide his own failings ,poor put upon Real Madrid with the 500,000euro squad ,aye right .
uafa and fifa are both corrupt as institutions, but then so are all. the conspiracy of platini being anti english isn't true. he was brought up in the financially responsible climate of french football so the excess of the premiership must beamuse him.

what did messi do in the game? scored two great goals, what else? nothing. why did he score? 'cos there was space on the pitch. if pepe hadn't been sent off it probably would have been 0-0 and then real would sneak it 1-1 or 1-0 in barce. it's about winning :wink:

ps you can't criticise mourinho's record. two euro cups with porto (who?) in two years of being in control. yes he might sometimes be an arse but he is one of the best in the world at his job :P
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
Guessed
Known user

Post by Guessed »

Two negative teams

The Spanish Arsenal who pass to death and don't let the opposition have a go

The Spanish Chelsea who play with three deep lying midfielders and forget how to have a go

One striker outta the 22 on the park and they put him on the right wing

Dull, banal, regressive....

CHICARITO!!!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Barca need YAYA back!!
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

is ben trolling in this thread? i don't think he's serious but...

jose a genius?! really?
his tactics & set-up for the first euro cup leg were rudimentary, perhaps sensible but in noway genius or unexpected. it's not as if he's the only manager to have devised such a formula to try & thwart barca.
what he actually is is a bit of a frightened, petty, hypocritical coward. he has his strengths: his man-management, preparation & charisma. but he isn't a tactician of any great renown nor is he a revolutionary. as a disciple of arrigo saachi it probably would be fair enough to suggest his negative approach is outdated, especially in a climate where barcelona's approach, which is positive in it's approach to thwarting the opposition, is successful.

& it was great to see him, & madrid, get what they deserved last week. barcelona aren't saints by any manner, but their style of football needs to be embraced & cherished. it was a shame they lowered themselves to jose's standards with their play acting, but by the same token they beat madrid at madrids own game with that approach: barca proved they could play negatively & still have resources to triumph (barca have already proven they can win & maintain the moral high ground so it's reallly a moot point at this stage question barca's morals). jose & madrid can't win by playing honestly & with attacking intent, nor can they win playing with 6 in midfield & no centre-forward.
as for his remarks to the press - well they're littered with hypocrisy & a nastiness that got thrown back in his face by a comfortable & confident barcelona: every big team get more favourable decisions from refs than not; his porto team were one of the most unsporting & cynical teams of recent times (without the charm of their italian counterparts); there were as many bad decisions went against barca as did chelsea over the course of their battles (most vividly i recall ballack not being cautioned or sent-off for his bodychecking the ref!)

my only hope is barca put another 5 past them on tuesday.
now i actually have a bit of a soft spot for jose. even tho he continually brings the game into disrepute & his tactics are always out to spoil first rather than create & i think football would have probably been, & will be, a better place without him in it. he's a colourful character & his fatal flaw is that he loves to win. but i really, really cannot thole real madrid (or cron) & i would love it if they never won another euro cup! or anything!
gonna burn brightly
for a while