"Bands That Never Should Have Shared The Same Stage"

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

"Bands That Never Should Have Shared The Same Stage"

Post by BzaInSpace »

http://sirlaugh.wordpress.com/

Scroll down a bit. I like how they have pitched Doggen against the mighty Lenny.

"Still, whether via LSD or sweet, sweet lovemaking, both acts provided audiences with a heavy dose of good vibes..."

Did anybody out there see any of these 2008 shows? Y'know what, I think it would have been awesome. But only if Lenny played as warm-up act.
O P 8
flokie
Known user

Re: "Bands That Never Should Have Shared The Same Stage"

Post by flokie »

Hah I wasn't aware of these gigs!
I also think some of the choices on this blog are a bit weird. Def Leppard and Bryan Adams totally fall in the same category for me.
olan
Known user

Re: "Bands That Never Should Have Shared The Same Stage"

Post by olan »

I spent a summer in the USA in 1987 (I think) working in Boston. Anyway this was just at the end of my New Order/Joy Division/Echo and the Bunnymen phase. I went to several gigs that were co-headlined by New Order and Echo and the Bunnymen - who were an excellent match despite the size of the venues. Sadly the third act on th e bill was Gene Loves Jezebel who were just about the worst thing I have ever sat through, including root canal surgery or a Pink gig with my daughter. Anyway, GLJ were utterly shite as a live act, I've never seen a venue fill faster after a support act finishes. And as for their recorded output.......