re: Scrapping the Relegation System

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spacemanrich
Known user

re: Scrapping the Relegation System

Post by spacemanrich »

Found this on ESPN where most of the foreign EPL owners want to scrap the relegation system :

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_ ... ion-system

BAD MISTAKE. I like the relegation system that gives upcoming second tier teams i.e. - Championship the opportunity to move on up to the Premiere. Who wants to be stuck in the Championship League if this happens with no opportunity for advancement ? Where is the incentive/drive to get better, other than to make quid or two if your one of the owners.

I certainly don't want to see ManU at the top always, other than if Sir Ferguson retires or dies 8)

The relegation system is a FAIR system where upcoming teams have the opportunity to move on up if they are good enough to play in the Premiere League, who wouldn't want Southhampton, Watford, Burnley to move on up ?

Maybe, their should be a ' cap ' or ' limit ' foreign ownership, I think it would be better for the game and a national interest ?
I think they do that in the States for some of our leagues i.e. - NBA, NFL and Major Leagues ? The way the course is heading, their won't be any english owners. Food for thought.
runcible
Site Admin

Re: re: Scrapping the Relegation System

Post by runcible »

A system designed by people whose sole motivation is profit.

There'll be having a World Cup in Qatar next.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Can't help but imagine rich club owners pressuring/bribing the FA for this to ensure their clubs are constantly playing at the highest revenue, erm sorry, i mean level...
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

What in the bloody hell is a Quatar ? Is it a nut or fruit ............ ???

I know, can't believe they picked that country to host. What's the population there ... 25,000 ? No alcohol, Muslim country, middle of the hot summer, but you'll get good kebabs there. Now that's a farce of a selection ! :evil: