You Get What You Deserve

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

nghst
Known user

You Get What You Deserve

Post by nghst »

What do you think Jason means by the metaphor, "Gonna shoot you when you're laying down...Gonna shoot you while you're laying still"? This song seems to be very heartfelt and personal for him. Another memorable line from this song is "I get more twisted every road I take, I'm gonna stop until I die."
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: You Get What You Deserve

Post by semisynthetic »

It is no secret that a MOVING target is more difficult to "drop".

I cannot imagine being in the Circus World of the Music Machine and NOT becoming a bit twisted.......

unfortunately for too many, unlike JP, they do not appear to realize or acknowledge it UNTIL it is too late.

Perhaps 1 too many A&R men/women have got under his skin in an uncomfortable manner; and frankly, some may

deserve "dropping", but that, is, of course, "uncivilized".

This is my simplistic analysis.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of gun metaphors, maybe because I'm a pacifist. Jason has used this metaphor a lot recently. On Songs in A and E he uses it in I Got a Fire and Borrowed Your Gun while on his newest material he uses it in You Get What You Deserve and Jesus Won't You. Maybe he can find no better way to express his feelings. However it is important for me to know what he means when he uses it and I think I understand in I Got a Fire, Borrowed Your Gun and Jesus Won't You, but I wasn't sure for You Get What You Deserve. Semisynthetic, your explanation makes sense, but I think it would be cool to hear from Jason himself. Maybe when the album comes out he'll explain what he means.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

nghst wrote:I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of gun metaphors, maybe because I'm a pacifist. Jason has used this metaphor a lot recently.
i reckon he's trying to break america :wink: