Leeds v. Arsenal

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

MODLAB
Site Admin

Leeds v. Arsenal

Post by MODLAB »

I know we have quite a few fans of Leeds here on the board. I just wanted to say wow what a match by them.
What an ending though, Henry! SO nice to see him back.

Great match, it could have gone either way.

Best,

Mark
Design.
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Leeds v. Arsenal

Post by runcible »

At the start I'd have taken a 1-0 defeat as we've been playing like shit for several weeks. Plus I have a tremendous soft spot for Arsenal who play the best football in the country and I think Wenger is great value too. Henry is one of the greats - that was a classic Henry goal last night. Like in the old days you could see what he was going to do ages before he did it which was his trademark. So no sorrow from me.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Great performance from the Leeds defence just hope we take that back into the Championship :!:
'Remember, change is not good'
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

runcible wrote:At the start I'd have taken a 1-0 defeat as we've been playing like shit for several weeks. Plus I have a tremendous soft spot for Arsenal who play the best football in the country and I think Wenger is great value too. Henry is one of the greats - that was a classic Henry goal last night. Like in the old days you could see what he was going to do ages before he did it which was his trademark. So no sorrow from me.
Vintage Henry and seeing as Fulham have played Arsenal twice this season I don’t need to worry about him too much. That Arsenal side (Henry, Viera, Pires, Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Campbell) of a few years back was terrifyingly good. I remember sitting in the clock end at Highbury one afternoon watching most of the game through my fingers.

Henry once scored a hat trick against Fulham before half time. Arsene Wenger substituted him about 5 minutes before the end of the match and he got a standing ovation from the Fulham supporters, he really was that good.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

nickh wrote:Henry once scored a hat trick against Fulham before half time. Arsene Wenger substituted him about 5 minutes before the end of the match and he got a standing ovation from the Fulham supporters, he really was that good.
During the greatest Arsenal season (with Henry at the helm obviously) - when they didn't lose and scored in every game - they beat Leeds 4-1 twice at Elland Road, once in the league and once in the cup. That was the greatest team I've seen live and in both games they got a standing ovation from the Leeds fans, who are hardly the most generous of supporters. I was on my feet with everyone else - sheer class.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Bloody hell this is hard work :!: Just got renewal forms for seasons tickets for season after this :!: Sad thing is he know's I'll pay it :(

Something is just not right, and I don't me just with footy.

What's happening with the world :?:
'Remember, change is not good'