waiting in for the telephone repair man

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

bunnyben
Known user

waiting in for the telephone repair man

Post by bunnyben »

man, i hate doing this. why can't there be set times ie windows of two hours- it's not complicated *sigh*
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
spacemanrich
Known user

Re: waiting in for the telephone repair man

Post by spacemanrich »

Same thing here in the states. They'll give you an ' 8 hour window ' from 9 am - 6pm and you have to wait all day and like always your their last order of the day.
jeff1909
New user

Post by jeff1909 »

bunnyben wrote:man, i hate doing this. why can't there be set times ie windows of two hours- it's not complicated *sigh*Skype
I agree. I once had a window of TWO entire business days for the phone repair guy to come. This is one of the reasons I got rid of my phone system all together and now just use softphone applications on my computer like Skype.

-Jeff
Jeff James, Voip Phone Systems Engineer, Find me on Skype
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

How fucking appropriate is this thread?! Jesus H. Christ! We have been having some work done at our house. Subsequently we decided to move our cable internet and phone jacks from one wall to another. I made an appointment about 10 days ago and after waiting around all day they called at 4pm to say the technician was running way late and they wanted to reschedule for another day. Went ahead and re-booked them for this morning. I thought I got off lightly when they said they would be here between 9-12. 12:00 came and went and I called their HQ in some other state who then said that the "local technician" never received the job order. WTF? :roll:

Having complained about their shitty service and threatened to switch to their competitor I managed to wrangle getting this work done free of charge. BUT, here I sit still waiting in for the telephone repair man to show up. :twisted:

We may be separated by an ocean and some cultural commonalities but...life really is no different over here, brother.
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: "Trust Your Mechanic" 25 years later.

Post by semisynthetic »

It is the case that without sufficient competition and accountability, the consumer will almost certainly get screwed.

I am remembering that for November. :D
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: NOT Necessarily waiting for the telephone repair man

Post by semisynthetic »

With a more useful comment, let me add that MANY states offer a "Courtesy Call" within 30 minutes or so of their arrival;
I do not remember if it cost me extra; but it it worth asking for. I dislike waiting on anyone; and I am generally punctual.
GENERALLY, well, usually. How about "OFTEN"?
:D

Have Fun.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus