Soccerball/Football (European & Rest of the World style)

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

jack white
Known user

Soccerball/Football (European & Rest of the World style)

Post by jack white »

so, fabio then eh?

left in an untenable position by the meddling, nefarious English FA administrators.

now the likes of david davies are trying to spin it that it was capello's fault for admonishing their transgression into the terry racism row.
& the xenophobes in the press, obviously, have their knives sharpened for the manager with the most successful winning ratio of the modern era. ungrateful swine.

the FA had NO business in stripping terry of the captaincy. yet it's been spun so that this has been buried amid the rising belief the manager shouldn't be allowed to criticise his board, which is an asinine and ridiculous opinion to have (gary neville).
& what else has been blown out of proportion & used against him was capello's relatively timid statements in the italian press when responding to the decision to take the armband away from terry.
(the whole situation could have been avoided of course were terry & chelsea not such morons.)

but really, this whole (hilarious) mess is merely just another example of the petty & idiotic culture of those who think they govern English football.

i saw david davies & some journalist on bbc news this morning & i nearly lost my breakfast as they bounced around gleefully having gotten rid of capello & enthusiastically papered over any supposed wrongdoing on part of the FA. this whitewashing is what really grinds me, especially since the media & public seem so keen to join in.

they'll get their English-born manager & still not live up to the outrageous hype & expectation placed upon their overrated players.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
bunnyben
Known user

Re: Soccerball/Football (European & Rest of the World style)

Post by bunnyben »

the one world class thing about the england team has walked out of the door. least we have ol' 'arry now, trustworthy and respectable as a dodgy tax deal
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
Mustard
Known user

Post by Mustard »

But they've wanted rid of him for a while and this is the opportunity. TBH it looks best for both parties. I don't think Capello was that interested and since his right hand man went, he just wasn't that interested in seeing out his contract, even with the prospect of winning the Euro's with England (I'm Scottish - spot the tongue in cheek).

Completely right though for Terry to get stood down while we wait for his court case - Ferdinand aside, he is a nasty piece of work. Great defender in his time but a bit passed it now. He has caused a bit of trouble for England - remember South Africa? Splitting the camp and undermining Gerrard & Capello? But now he is Capello's man? Give me a break. Now, he's doing the same within Chelsea. Terry has brought this on himself for getting his court case delayed for so long. He did this on purpose, IMO, if the court case went against him, he wouldn't be at the Euro's

The FA were in a no win situation on this and losing Capello, or even Terry, won't make any real difference to how England do.

It could get worse, you might get Benitez.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

it will be worse- we'll have 'arry. i think i may start suppporting scotl...no, it's not that bad, wales it is! :D :wink:
Mustard
Known user

Post by Mustard »

Lol thats only because you wish Gareth Bale to be English - he's your missing link.

The thing about 'arry that appeals to most England supporters is that he's as 'onest as the day is long, Guv...

...of course the £200,000 put in an offshore account was a 'gift'. I get those sort of gifts everyday.

Redknapp lives in Sandbanks. Megaexpensive. One of the most expensive areas in the UK. Purchased when he was manager of Bournemouth, if I'm not mistaken. Where did that money come from? If the guy can't even spell his name, how did he managed to get there. He's a lovable rogue, for sure.

He'll do well as English manager, I think. It won't do any harm having someone popular in charge for a change. Embrace it. You've tried McClaren, how bad can it be? You won't win the Euro's. You won't win in Brazil. But you'll have a bit more pride in yourself. Bulldog tattoos all round :D

Not serious about Benitez. I'm a Liverpool supporter and as much as he had moments when he made genius moves, alot of the time he made you do this... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

Mustard wrote: Not serious about Benitez. I'm a Liverpool supporter and as much as he had moments when he made genius moves, alot of the time he made you do this... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

fact.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

oh the benitez factor. he does bring the lolz.

however, if england wanted a manager for a knockout competition they could do worse.
not much worse. but he does know how to conduct himself in those situations.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

jack white wrote:oh the benitez factor. he does bring the lolz.

however, if england wanted a manager for a knockout competition they could do worse.
not much worse. but he does know how to conduct himself in those situations.
i like raffa. also he's won the uefa cup, the champs league. again he suffered from the racist british sport media. he's a good manager, we could do much worse- 'arry for example
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

...and now Rangers go into administration. 20 years ago they were regarded as one of the richest clubs in Britain and now this. Scottish football is an odd set up with very few teams actually winning the top League outside the 2 Glasgow giants, but the demise of such a long-standing and famous name is depressing. It's odd with so much money washing around football that such an enormous club can have sunk so low.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

runcible wrote:...and now Rangers go into administration. 20 years ago they were regarded as one of the richest clubs in Britain and now this. Scottish football is an odd set up with very few teams actually winning the top League outside the 2 Glasgow giants, but the demise of such a long-standing and famous name is depressing. It's odd with so much money washing around football that such an enormous club can have sunk so low.
but how much is physical money not just i o u s? most trade is done with paperwork and not cash. they should make all clubs subscribe to the french model of clubs- if you can't finish the season in the black, you're down regardless
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

bunnyben wrote:but how much is physical money not just i o u s? most trade is done with paperwork and not cash. they should make all clubs subscribe to the french model of clubs- if you can't finish the season in the black, you're down regardless
You'd be surprised. The amount of people who pass through football - clubs, associations etc. - who make shitloads of money at the expense of the sport and the clubs is ridiculous. So the money's there, it's just being taken out rather than reinvested much of the time.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

runcible wrote:
bunnyben wrote:but how much is physical money not just i o u s? most trade is done with paperwork and not cash. they should make all clubs subscribe to the french model of clubs- if you can't finish the season in the black, you're down regardless
You'd be surprised. The amount of people who pass through football - clubs, associations etc. - who make shitloads of money at the expense of the sport and the clubs is ridiculous. So the money's there, it's just being taken out rather than reinvested much of the time.
Rangers overspent ridiclulously though - a club on their income could never have afforded the team that Dick Advocaat built about a decade ago, with the De Boer twins, van Bronckhorst, Tore Andre Flo, Gennaro Gattuso and more.

These were players that either had or would go on to play at the top level of European football. Now they're paying the price for that - owing the tax man at least £50m, probably a lot more.