For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

bunnyben
Known user

fergie-Suarez - evra

Post by bunnyben »

suarez refuses to shake hands
evra tries to provke suarez at end
alex 'i didn't talk to the bbc for years cos they pointed out my son is a crook' fregie says suraez sould get over it, liverpool should sell him and evra was understandable...

'when i am king you will be first against the wall' bunch of children. i really can't stand english football these days
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
Mustard
Known user

Re: fergie-Suarez - evra

Post by Mustard »

Depressing day. Why didn't he shake though? I don't get it. They were supposed to. Didn't players just used to run out and start in the good old days, didn't they? Evra nearly crippled Ferdinand.
Mustard
Known user

Post by Mustard »

Hansen on MOTD gets it right.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

what did hansen say? i fell asleep.
i thought it spoke volumes tho that the bbc buried it below spurs' hammering of newcastle. they didn't seem willing to confront & condemn the issue in the manner required, for they rarely do in matters concerning liverpool.

imo everyone involved is guilty of bringing the game into disrepute, suarez/evra & king kenny/lord ferg. & the clubs as well. everyone has behaved to various degrees of disgrace.

we all know what suarez & evra have done, but the response from their managers & employers has only exacerbated the situation. dalglish was primarily to blame in his handling & defense of suarez & he continues to do so. he set the tempo for the debate & caused further rancour between the clubs & their fans.
but ferguson, typically, has conducted himself w/shameless hypocrisy. what did he do when cantona kicked a crystal palace supporter? did he get rid of him? by contrast all suarez did was refuse to shake evra's hand & ferg has the nerve to talk about how another club should discipline their own player?!
this rampant lack of leadership & decorum only excuses the pettiness at the heart of the matter.

of course the very fact this is even an issue is sad for the game. it is sad a handshake has such resonance, but it does serve a purpose: to highlight how truly poisoned the relationships & behaviour of the people in the EPL & in particularly liverpool/utd dalglish/fergie.

tbh i've thought for a long time football has got it wrong in how the teams come onto the field. it maybe goes back to '94 WC?? some "FIFA Fair Play" initiative?? (maybe it happened before then i can't remember)
but compared to how the teams come running out of the tunnel in the GAA, the entrance of the football teams lack real, genuine drama & passion - but can descend into the contemptible soap opera as was seen yesterday.
shake hands after the game is sufficient. shaking hands before the game is a bit like making friends w/your enemy before you try & kill him. or her.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

All 3 are wankers. Easy.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

jack white wrote:what did hansen say? i fell asleep.
i thought it spoke volumes tho that the bbc buried it below spurs' hammering of newcastle. they didn't seem willing to confront & condemn the issue in the manner required, for they rarely do in matters concerning liverpool.

imo everyone involved is guilty of bringing the game into disrepute, suarez/evra & king kenny/lord ferg. & the clubs as well. everyone has behaved to various degrees of disgrace.

we all know what suarez & evra have done, but the response from their managers & employers has only exacerbated the situation. dalglish was primarily to blame in his handling & defense of suarez & he continues to do so. he set the tempo for the debate & caused further rancour between the clubs & their fans.
but ferguson, typically, has conducted himself w/shameless hypocrisy. what did he do when cantona kicked a crystal palace supporter? did he get rid of him? by contrast all suarez did was refuse to shake evra's hand & ferg has the nerve to talk about how another club should discipline their own player?!
this rampant lack of leadership & decorum only excuses the pettiness at the heart of the matter.

of course the very fact this is even an issue is sad for the game. it is sad a handshake has such resonance, but it does serve a purpose: to highlight how truly poisoned the relationships & behaviour of the people in the EPL & in particularly liverpool/utd dalglish/fergie.

tbh i've thought for a long time football has got it wrong in how the teams come onto the field. it maybe goes back to '94 WC?? some "FIFA Fair Play" initiative?? (maybe it happened before then i can't remember)
but compared to how the teams come running out of the tunnel in the GAA, the entrance of the football teams lack real, genuine drama & passion - but can descend into the contemptible soap opera as was seen yesterday.
shake hands after the game is sufficient. shaking hands before the game is a bit like making friends w/your enemy before you try & kill him. or her.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17000395
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

At least the Liverpool side have admitted they got it wrong. It was certainly pretty distasteful and something that should never have happened - a golden opportunity for Suarez to draw a line under the whole mess and he just looks like a total tosser now. As for the non handshake causing a riot I'd say Evra's actions at the end were more likely to have started trouble. Footballers, eh? What a horrible bunch.

Seems unlikely that the bad blood between Man U and Liverpool will ever go away. It's always been unpleasant but it's pure hatred now. And football associations, being the bunglers they are and seemingly always will be, have no idea how to handle such situations.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

runcible wrote:All 3 are wankers. Easy.
Let's not forget Dalglish here. How he could say at the end that he didn't know there was no handshake is beyond me :!:

Most hypocritical is Fergie here, has he forgotten his backing of Cantona or his backing of Roy Keane after the Haaland incident :!:

Whole sorry business just leaves a bad taste and highlights what a sorry state English football is in :(
'Remember, change is not good'
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Manchester United suspended Cantona for four months after the away match against Crystal Palace and Cantona also apologized to Ferguson and Manchester United.

Suarez have still not apologied to Evra and only apologied after Liverpool and the sponsors told him to do.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

cantona wrote:Manchester United suspended Cantona for four months after the away match against Crystal Palace and Cantona also apologized to Ferguson and Manchester United.
And you think that what Suarez did was worse than Cantona attacking a fan? Ferguson said Suarez should never play for Liverpool again, yet he persuaded Cantona to stay in England. I'd say the word hypocrite was invented for behaviour like that. Pot? Kettle?

I have an enormous soft spot for Liverpool as I loved them when I was a kid, but I don't condone what Suarez and Dalglish did one bit. I don't think Suarez should be kicked out of England but I think he deserves the bad press he's getting and I condemn his actions 100%.

Only Man U fans think Cantona should have been forgiven for what he did. For the record that Palace fan is a complete piece of shit too, but it doesn't excuse what happened.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

speaking of shits have you heared tevez's 'appology'?

"I was kind of in a bad mood and when he brings on [Nigel] de Jong and takes off [Edin] Dzeko, and we're losing 2-0, I thought it was a defensive substitution so I decided to sit back on the bench," he said.

"At the same time Dzeko comes off and is really angry and has a go at Mancini. He then sees the tunnel is closed so he has to sit down next to him and they start to have an argument.

"Dzeko was speaking Bosnian and Mancini would swear at him in Italian so it was a real mess.

"So I go and sit down and he doesn't see me because he's having this discussion. But then he turns around and sees me and you can imagine what happens.

"He's in the middle of an argument so then he tells me to keep on warming up and treats me like a dog.

"So when he spoke to me in that tone of voice, and I said 'No, I'm not going out'. So I was willing to play, but the coach was in such a foul mood because he had that argument with Dzeko.

"He started on me as well, started swearing at me, that was him, because I was very calm. Mancini said some horrible things to me."

what a sweet apology
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

runcible wrote:
cantona wrote:Manchester United suspended Cantona for four months after the away match against Crystal Palace and Cantona also apologized to Ferguson and Manchester United.
And you think that what Suarez did was worse than Cantona attacking a fan? Ferguson said Suarez should never play for Liverpool again, yet he persuaded Cantona to stay in England. I'd say the word hypocrite was invented for behaviour like that. Pot? Kettle?

I have an enormous soft spot for Liverpool as I loved them when I was a kid, but I don't condone what Suarez and Dalglish did one bit. I don't think Suarez should be kicked out of England but I think he deserves the bad press he's getting and I condemn his actions 100%.

Only Man U fans think Cantona should have been forgiven for what he did. For the record that Palace fan is a complete piece of shit too, but it doesn't excuse what happened.
This is not about what is worst and i dont agree with Ferguson about Suarez playing for Liverpool again. This is about how different the clubs handled this and how embarrassing Liverpool have dealt with Suarez and racism.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

cantona wrote:This is not about what is worst and i dont agree with Ferguson about Suarez playing for Liverpool again. This is about how different the clubs handled this and how embarrassing Liverpool have dealt with Suarez and racism.
That much is true and I agree with you. For such a great club they have conducted themselves in a poor manner. Sadly that's football all over and there isn't a senior club that is squeaky clean.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

now the media are picking on villas boas for not picking english players and the media favorite players. i really cannot stand the football media. compare it to the cricket. whatever the race or creed they get on wonderfully. stupid, stupid ignorent fools