80%
No.
No votes

Total votes: 5

twentysixdollars
Known user

Nothing about Saddam Hussein?

Post by twentysixdollars »

So no-one's posted anything about Saddam Hussein, the erstwhile moustachio, not even Guerrilla. Perhaps he was frightened away by my tersely-worded set of rules, so compact and powerful they strike fear into the hearts of even the most hellbound of American infidels.

Hm. Nearly two days on and not a peep!
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

two things I never speak about in this type of enviroment, religion and politics.

xxxshonnxxx
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

I think he almost looked cute in a strange santa-esque way with that long beard (may be all the early christmas commercials burning holes in my head). Could be why they cut it off so fast; they we´re afraid people would start to feel sorry for him if he looked like grandpa or a teddybear...
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

I figured they were looking in his mouth for the WMD's. Let's face it, they've looked everywhere else and not found them, lest we forget that was the (false?) premise they gave us to justify this bloody war in the first place.

Anyhoo.. enough already, I'm inclined to agree with your sentiments, shonn.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

I could care less about the War on Saddam vs. Bush Jr. and his Daddy declared on him over the past 10 years....
And I am American.
Let all of Saddam's supporters blow themselves up over issues that don't directly invlove us....
How about finding that other scumbag who's living in a mountainside somewhere who took out 2 buildings and 4,000 innocent lives in our country.....???
It's nothing but politics.
Bush is just securing votes for 2004.
And he did......
But he's only redirecting the facade that this country (USA) should be focusing their attention on....

Long live Bill Hicks.
I was listening to an album of his recored in '92 that could very well have been recorded last week.
Absolute genius.

What's gonna happen now.....???
Give Saddam back to Iraq and let them send him to trial....
Okay.......
He's gonna hang.

What about the Alqueda (sp?) militia's that are training in the mountains of Afganistan with supreme firepower, let alone the intelligence to infiltrate us, yet again on our own soil, through our own systems to work against us......???

Like I said, it's all about gaining re-election in 2004.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

know what you mean about the Bill Hicks stuff. Sadly the stuff he was doing in 1992 is as relevant, if not more so today.

I suppose its a good thing he was captured, but thats no reason to think the bombings are going to stop, and that the only way the US and Britain are going to get out of this mess.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Am going to break a golden rule of mine... but here goes...

The war was waged over WMD's ( by the British, anyway)... they STILL haven't found any.

The war was illegal... it still is.

The bombing campaigns, sanctions and 2 wars waged over the last 10 years have claimed more Iraqi lives than Saddam's regime ever did.

The war has made the situation in the middle east WORSE, not improved it.

I wonder if Saddam's feeling happy at being reunited with his former buddies (Rumsfeld and co). Maybe they can discuss the merits of the chemical strikes against the Kurds and Iranians which were fine when Saddam was fighting Communists and Islamic fundamentalists but became so wrong when he nationalised Iraq's oil industry, taking it out of the hands of foreign companies.

Let's not forget that it's well known too that he was no friend of Osama bin Laden either. Saddam's an athiest, they never saw eye to eye.

I'm not excusing the actions of this evil barbarian, but his capture is really of supreme irrelevance, other than possibly guarenteeing the re-election of Bush and his neo-conservative pals, the true #1 enemies of the world.

Sorry, just felt the need to get that off my chest.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Saddam thought he was cool and tough when he was in power, waving his gun and all. Now look at him, could have mistakened him for one of the homeless people on Haight St. He should have done the right thing and shot himself or at least try to fight back.

Going to war initially was not primarily getting Saddam Hussein, but the WMD's which we still haven't found ? Maybe they are hidden in his rathole ? Over a billion dollars will be spent, yes over 1 BILLION U.S. dollars spent fighting and occupying Iraq. More soldiers killed during occupation than the war, itself. The U.S. army is sending a nice x-mas present for the families of these soldiers who have been killed, wrapping them x-mas style w/ the American flag and shipping them home just in time for the holidays. The Iraqis don't have the technology and capability to fire a WMD reaching N.America, the SCUDS or duds barely made it to Israel !

F*cking money could have been spent on the economy ! Scary thing is that Bush will likely be re-elected ...
soledad sister
Known user

Post by soledad sister »

I agree w/spzrentent Fear factor #1 is sham prez Bush Jr. Lets remember he was NOT elected by pop vote. Rather had his brother whom is the gov. of the state of fla. rig the votes.. and for the very 1st time in US history the populor florida vote went Republician. May all be reminded that the actual pop. vote went to Al Gore. Most importantly the prez. election for the fist time in US history was then determined by the fed.court system. disregarding the whole idea of the popular vote. Too much power given for a small group of conservative rights and not very democratic in principle
This wag the dog spin on Bush is all very surreal. Art imitating life.
Did anyone see the footage of the 'Iraqies' celabrating in the streets after Satans caputure? The men were firing off rounds into the air w/their semi-automatics! The women fully veiled, were shouting rapid fire la-la-la's. It was the same senario that happens every New Yr. at midnight in Compton (a burb of la.) You know Snoop dogs hood. My point is.. we can no more change the thuggin ideology of the rap/gang violence in the US how do we expect to change another country to Our-democratic thinking ..Especially when they dont want to change.
It is amazing that people can not see that its all about oil, money & greed. Nope, still looking for those WMD. What a f-ing joke. There are tyrantical dick-tators a plenty thru out the world. But there is no Oil in the Congo or Melanesia for example. Lots of oppression and human suffering but to no benefit to "Mr. Phil-my-pockets" Bush. A friend of mine had the inside to who was going to get the job to sort out the oil exporting from Iraq. So he bought lots O stocks in their company. Needless to say he banked it. He said that it wasnt hard to figure out. The guy who owns the co. is best friends w/the Prez. Nepotism at its finest.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Just floating an idea here. Let say it wasn't about WMD, lets be charitable and say it wasn't even about oil. How about it was about opening a new front on the 'so called' war on terror. The idea might have been something like. 'Hey, lets invade and occupy country miles and miles away from the west, the islamic terrorists will be so insenced that they'll flock to [insert country], and take pop shots at us, but better that and with a level playing field than them attacking our civilian targets in the west'

Likely / unlikely / deeply cynical? Far too premiditated for Mr Bush? Cause if that was their plan, then its working rather well....
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

Howard Johnson is right - Wire the Governor!
It's all happening!
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

sly saxon wrote:Howard Johnson is right - Wire the Governor!
"Froggy love Daddy?"
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

Did no one notice the clock on the wall of the hospital room initial capture footage? It was 11.30am and the date was 03/09/03.

They've 'ad him for ages but have been waiting to wheel him out for Crimbo.

My feelings on the jubilation?

It's like your pet dog getting free and attacking the neighbours kid and the whole ommunity applauding as you catch him and put him to sleep.

When Pets Go Bad starring Saddam as the pitbull-terrier and Osama as the Doberman.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Do you think it's just coincidence that Gadafi has disabled his WMDs all of a sudden?
Maybe he thought: "Oh Crap, they're gonna come after me next and I don't want to end up in a rat-hole looking like one of the ZZ Top guitarists."

Could be.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Probably more than likely. It is nice to hear some good news for once though, albeit tempered by the fact that Bush can now thump his chest and use it as justification for his unfeasibly evil foreign policy.
asd2112
Known user

Post by asd2112 »

i have a joke for mr. bush (i admit it is ripped off from a movie but...)

knock knock..

bush, " who's there?"

go fuck yourself!!!!

so yeah fuck bush and his cronies and lets find someone willing to put money into education.
i don't want to be your lover i just want to be your victim

asd
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

yes, got a friend who's convinced that they'll find osama bin laden just before or around october time (as in just before the next presidential elections). the first news report i heard about it ststed that the beard was false! looked ok to me...