NFL Moves

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spacemanrich
Known user

NFL Moves

Post by spacemanrich »

Interesting NFL moves, including the frenzy of San Francisco signing Randy Moss ( questionable move ) and the addition of Mornigham (Michigan alumni). Wow, and now they are making a play for Petyon Manning who I think is questionable : 36 years old, he ain't no spring chicken and what I think is a questionable neck, however, Denver, Tennessee and S.F. don't think so. Can you imagine Peyton Manning, Randy Moss and Morningham along with Vernon Davis, Michel Crabtree and Frank Gore ?! Can be frightening, considering that they play in the weak NFC West. 8)
redcloud
Known user

Re: NFL Moves

Post by redcloud »

SF seem to be going for some big names. Manningham is a good pick. Not sure about Moss though.

And Peyton Manning? I'm sorry but no matter how great he is there is no getting over the fact that he has a weak neck. All it will take is for Ndamukong Suh, AJ Hawk or Clay Matthews to hit him hard and he could be out for good with possible life long repercussions. A very real possibility considering you play both teams next season.
spacemanrich wrote:weak NFC West. 8)
Weak is right.

Browns play in one of the toughest divisions. Makes it very hard for us to compete. But then again, we don't really help ourselves. I haven't seen too many key FA signings by Cleveland. I have no idea what our front office are plotting, planning or discussing. :roll:
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

What a soap opera going in S.F. Jim Harbaugh has always stated that , "Alex is our man" and now they are courting Peyton Manning. Alex Smith is now pissed off and now talking w/ Miami Dolphins. What if Peyton decides on Denver or Tennessee and spur the 49'ers and Alex signs with Miami ????? Now, the 49'ers will be without a legitimate quarterback and rely on their 2nd year quarterback of Colin Kaepatrick - who is unproven ? Matt Flynn already signed with Seattle. The days of our lives continue .... I think that Jim Harbaugh, Greg Roman and Trent Baalke just made a very critical error or risk.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I'm sure he'll give Alex Smith an aggressive handshake and a serious pat on the back on the way out the door.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:I'm sure he'll give Alex Smith an aggressive handshake and a serious pat on the back on the way out the door.
:lol:

Alex Smith has every right to look out for himself. He was a significant piece of their success last season. After all the years of disbelievers and critics in SF maybe Smith needs to start fresh and prove himself in a city like Miami? But, it will also serve the front office right if they lose both Smith and Manning.