Known user

Re: Premier League / Football / Etc...

Post by spacemanrich »

Bodes well for City ! The chase is on !
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Great day for city, but I don't make us favourites yet until we deal with the Everton game. Will have to stay calm, see how it goes.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

You never know in sports. I think Crystal Palace can be a challenge to the Reds. I was quite surprised by the Chelsea/LFC results. I thought for sure the Reds would clobber a weaker Blues lineup.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Somehow I knew that Real would slip by Bayern, but a 4-0 drubbing that I didn't expect. I hope Athletico get passed Chelsea ...
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Nice. All Spanish or All Madrid Final. Couldn't believe that Costa received a yellow card for ' delay of game '. Clearly he couldn't spot the ball correctly where he wanted to do the penalty kick.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Would've been nice to see Mourinho lose to the team he failed to take to the final, but would be great if athletico did the league and ucl double
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Detest Mourinho,and glad the `tactical genius ` crap and Chelsea bus got wrecked tonight, the man`s a good organizer and destroyer off opponents, as long as he has a fortune to fall back on, be interesting to see how he fairs next season, but no love for Athletico Madrid either, the gutsy underdog pish can bugger right off, hope to hell Real Madrid -who I also dislike - pump them into the turf, history of dirty anti-football in the shadow of their neighbours, hope to Christ they don`t win, so Real for me , at least they try and play attractive football, but at the same time their pursuit of victory and wealth/cash, distortion off actual competition is also pretty sickening, thought this last week before any of the semi-finals started , if only the there was a way for none of them to win!!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

What's wrong with Athletico Madrid ? It can't always be Real or Barca all the time. At least its not Chelsea. Got to hand it to Jose tho' with last weeks results. I didn't think the Blues had a chance at Anfield, as well as fielding a less potent squad resting pivotal players for tonite's match. The door is slightly open for City, its theirs to lose.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Bravo joe hart. Not much to be overly pleased with from that match after taking a comfortable lead, dzeko did look injured but that was some pathetic time wasting. Take pleasure from the fact they more than added it back on. Need to stay strong.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Seemed like a nailbiter of a match. Read that Aguero's groin is giving him problems, hopefully its not serious. The Everton was a must win and they pulled thru. Two more matches at home.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Thank God that is over. Suffice to say that the home crowd was fairly conflicted about this game. The moment Ross's goal went in the crowd gave it the roar and then immediately went totally quiet, clearly conflicted about the potential outcome. Fair play to the players who did pretty given the situation. They tried to get a result despite the crowd not being too keen.

We got a bit of mild stick in the Pub afterwards from some Reds who clearly felt we had let them down ( :shock: ). They were pretty reasonable about it though and admitted they would not hesitate to rub our noses in it if they win (whether or not we had done City over). All up to Palace now...... :lol: :lol:
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

James T wrote:dzeko did look injured but that was some pathetic time wasting.
Christ, it looked an awful injury. I just hope he pulls through. Because he looked really genuinely terribly injured.

It's depressing when you're hoping for something miraculous from Downing, Carroll, Cole or fucking Villa. Or an Everton team playing in a stadium where more than the away end are cheering City's goals.
I've felt crushed since last weekend, expect LFC to limp to a draw / defeat at Palace now.
Though, who knows - perhaps we'll win 4-0 and score eleven against Newcastle.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

All over now.

Two home games against two teams who are safe, can't see City fucking that up.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Hope my buddy cantona is watching match of the day, they just said "an awful amount of empty seats for the second half at old trafford".
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

KingHarry wrote:
Christ, it looked an awful injury. I just hope he pulls through. Because he looked really genuinely terribly injured.

It's depressing when you're hoping for something miraculous from Downing, Carroll, Cole or fucking Villa. Or an Everton team playing in a stadium where more than the away end are cheering City's goals.
I've felt crushed since last weekend, expect LFC to limp to a draw / defeat at Palace now.
Everton wanted to win today, to question their commitment is poor. dzeko didn't actually come right back on, and the ref wouldn't let the medical staff on and wasted more time than te player. It annoyed me as much as any other fan though, I wanted the play to flow. Either way, no time was wasted it for added on for a change.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

sunray wrote:All over now.

Two home games against two teams who are safe, can't see City fucking that up.
I agree ... but there is something odd about them - they are fallible. They looked pretty shit again today, and big players will be missing for them. They have a stumble in them. If that's enough for the frankly hopeless Villa and West Ham to get a result from them is another matter.
Biggest concern is Monday. After last Sunday's horror show, I fear for them. Really could have done with City dropping points today to give us a bit of shot in the arm.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

James T wrote:
KingHarry wrote:

Everton wanted to win today, to question their commitment is poor.
Hello James!
Which Everton are you referring to? Because lots (most?) Evertonians were happy to lose the game. You'd expect the players would want to win the game as paid professionals, but it's strange playing in an atmosphere where you know that the crowd is sanguine, you can't fail to be effected by that. Following the Barkley goal, there was an immediate hush after the initial roar. Similar after the Lakaku goal. It's an odd situation to play in. I remember the LFC Blackburn game in 95, we certainly didn;t want Utd to win the league - although LFC won the game - it was an odd day.
Dissapointing end for Everton though - wouldn't have minded seeing them get one of the top-4 places, but they've lost 3 of their last 4 games.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I think there was a weird atmosphere yes, you're right. But when it was 2-3 the fans were well up for it and they had plenty of chances
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Lets also make it clear though, it is well within city's ability to fuck it up.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

And it happened, can't concede so many goals. Rodgers and those players should've been concentrating on the 3 points instead of the goal difference, every chance we would draw one. Still city can lose one, so I won't count any chickens or eggs or trophies yet.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

CRICKEY ! 3 goals within 11 minutes ! I posted earlier that Crystal Palace can beat the Reds, but a draw is okay too. :shock:
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

James T wrote:And it happened, can't concede so many goals. Rodgers and those players should've been concentrating on the 3 points instead of the goal difference, every chance we would draw one.
Spot on once again James.

I predicted after the Chelsea game that the best we would do at Palace was draw, but i didn't expect it to happen like that.
Three up with 11 minutes to go, just shut the fucker down! :evil: :cry: :roll:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Can't go 3 up and throw it away with 11 minutes to go at crystal palace, especially in the penultimate round of fixtures. If we so beat villa on Wednesday, I do think it can be dangerous going into the last game needing just 1 point. Still, the players are professionals and the manager will know what needs to be done and who is ready to do it for us. I live in hope.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

I sat transfixed by it.

I actually couldn't physically move for a good 20 minutes after the game finished. I think it was physical manifestation of shock. I've not experienced it before.

It was not logical. I thought we were frankly magnificent. My concern was that after the nature of Chelsea defeat, we'd limply surrender to a dull 0-0 or narrow loss. And then we rock up to a tough fixture in the backwoods of London and put on a swaggering masterclass, race into a 3-0 lead and look likely to start to put a hefty dent in the GD deficit.

What the fuck happened?

After that fluke went in for 1-3 it was like watching an under 12s team - pouring forward and following the ball. We seemed convinced we needed about 8 or 9, and now that Palace had scored we actually could do with 10. Their second goal came directly from an attacking corner for us where it appeared practically our entire team was in their 6 yard box. That's at 3-1 UP with less than 10 minutes to go.

I woke this morning and for a split second I'd forgotten what had happened. And then it flashes back and it feels like you're being hammered in the stomach all over again.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I'm actually pretty worried about tonight, I've always hated playing Villa!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Cantona ? Cantona ... where are you ? Can you please give me an update on seat availability at the Etihad tonite ? As well, how is the weather forecast for tonight. i.e. temperature, wind chill factor, rain ?

Cheers, mate.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Cantona bought all the remaining seats so there are some empty ones for him to post about.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

spacemanrich wrote:Cantona ? Cantona ... where are you ? Can you please give me an update on seat availability at the Etihad tonite ? As well, how is the weather forecast for tonight. i.e. temperature, wind chill factor, rain ?

Cheers, mate.
Breaking news sold-out at Etihad!Or?

Image - About to win the league - Massive :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do not understand much.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

How about that Cantona ? :P
Mustard
Known user

Post by Mustard »

My money is going on West Ham to win with Carroll to score the winner. He'd get a statue built outside Anfield.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Good match. Cantona, you didn't mention rain for tonite ?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I am fucking soaked
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Soaked, but relieved I'm sure. Depending on the time of the match, I'm going to try and watch W.Ham on Sunday.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

If anyone fancies a chuckle, here's a great article about us signing Yaya Toure (from 2010)

"Even more frightening was what that report didn’t say. Toure is not actually that great. He’s not a creative genius who will get backsides off seats but a defensive midfielder who stops players who can."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 21641.html
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Although it took an hour for City to get into their stride, they were well worth their win eventually , did I detect a touch of nerves? not sure , maybe it was just me that was nervous, told off by Mrs M. for swearing too much at the TV!! a collective roar by me and my son at 1st goal, City do seem to play in spurts, never really get a full 90 min. at top performance, anyway, how good was Toure`s goal? amazing to watch him charge forward like that, now just Sunday to navigate :)
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I don't think it was particularly a nervy performance, the crowd were for sure until the goal went in though. We played really well the whole game but they defended brilliantly and did counter when they could. Yaya's goal was really great, Jovetic impressed again once he got on the pitch, Zabaleta and Kolarov were brilliant too.

For me, Kolarov has been one of the top performers in the whole league this season. He's always been good going forward but the defensive side of his game has come on leaps and bounds under Pellegrini, which is unusual given the style of game he encourages. Even going forward though, when previously he would just go round the outside and cross, he's been taking it past players inside and through them and getting some great shots and passes away too. Really impressed by him this year.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Cantona ? Cantona, where are you ? I don't need tomorrow's seat availbility, it'll be SOLD-OUT. Anyways, you lie considering that the Aston Villa match was soldout in a wet and rainy evening. Who would go to a match in a downpour ? Loyal and mad City fans that's who. All I ask is the weather for tomorrow i.e. - rain ? windchill factor, etc.

It'll be telecast here in the Bay Area on the telly at 7am on Sunday !!! :D
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

spacemanrich wrote:Cantona ? Cantona, where are you ? I don't need tomorrow's seat availbility, it'll be SOLD-OUT. Anyways, you lie considering that the Aston Villa match was soldout in a wet and rainy evening. Who would go to a match in a downpour ? Loyal and mad City fans that's who. All I ask is the weather for tomorrow i.e. - rain ? windchill factor, etc.

It'll be telecast here in the Bay Area on the telly at 7am on Sunday !!! :D
... I think at some point you have to ask yourself the question 'Is this getting tedious yet?'
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

spzretent wrote:Glory hunter.
Confusing post
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Posted while drunk. It only lives on your reply.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

So here I am sat at work. A half day, then I'm heading to the stadium. I've got a real bad feeling, but I did on wednesday too so perhaps that is a good thing. If we play our game like we can, we win the league, we have to believe the players can cope with the pressure and I think they can. I'm really worried about a red card or a bad penalty decision though. Football eh.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

He has got some cheek after some of the decisions they had this year! What a tool, and what a shame he brings that up again now.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ol-7101920
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Right, I'm about ready to head off. The worst feeling I've had about a game in a long time, or maybe it is just excitement. We'll see. Liverpool could end up first or third today, crazy season. Of course, I hope city are triumphant once again.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I guess for the neutrals amongst us it has to be Liverpool. I would have loved to have seen Arsenal have do it but that wasn't to be so I'll be crossing my fingers that Liverpool win and West Ham do them a massive, massive favour. How gutted will Liverpool fans be if West Ham hold City to a draw...that collapse for Liverpool at Palace will really, really hurt then. Whatever happens though, it truly has been one of the most exciting Premier League seasons in some time.

For me, today is all about Brighton's play-off 2nd leg against Derby. I think the trip getting to the Premier League is often more exciting than the time spent in it (not that us Brighton fans would have any idea of how that feels).
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

James T wrote:He has got some cheek after some of the decisions they had this year! What a tool, and what a shame he brings that up again now.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ol-7101920
Disappointing alright.

What cost us the league are the 3-1 away defeat at Hull and the 1-1 away to West Brom.

I fancy City to score in the first minute and put it all to bed very quickly. All i ask of Liverpool is to win their game to guarantee second place.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I don't know what your complaining about KingHarry ? The post was a light banter with Cantona who seems transfixed on seat availbility ? I'm really sorry about Liverpool, I really am. I wouldn't have mind if they had won it, really. Anyone, but United in my opinion. Silva could have added another goal before the half.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Bit of a dull end to a mad season. Somewhat sobered up by being reminded that today is the 29th anniversary of the Bradford fire disaster. Saturday, 11 May 1985, when 56 fans died and more than 260 were injured, some horribly. I was very surprised that it did not seem to rate a mention in the coverage of the Premier League games, although there was a tribute in the 56th minute of the Derby-Brighton game.

Decent trolling in this thread. I look forward to August and the resumption of banter. In the meantime we need a new thread to discuss the World Cup.

Congratulations to City, Liverpool were fun to watch. My mob were a revelation in terms of style.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Great game from City today, very professional and could've had 4 or 5. Just got in, my ears are ringing from all the noise.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

James T wrote:Great game from City today, very professional and could've had 4 or 5. Just got in, my ears are ringing from all the noise.
Didn't expect to hear from you until Tuesday, and even then I thought it would be a Facebook post from A&E due to excessive celebration.., :lol:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Really pleased for City and their fans. After spending the last 4 days in Manchester the United fans are insufferable.
Having been a City fan for a long time, bought my first jersey in the early 90's at Sportspages in Charing Cross Road.
Back then it was ABU and buying a City jersey was thumbing my nose at the rest of the tourists who buy mainly Man U stuff.
That is when I started following them.
So I am a happy camper today.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

James, did you rush the pitch after the match ?
LFC will only get better next season, unfortunately also Chelsea, City and United. Seems like Van Gaal will be tabbed and a major overhaul of 5+ players.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I have to DJ tonight and work in the morning! Just had 1 drink, but am in line for a few more now...
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

My heart would have loved a Liverpool title win but my head says Man City are deserved champions. A fantastic season for many reasons.

Who came top of the empty seats league though? That's an important side to the season for some.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

City won that one too, all the fans were on the pitch you see.

I didn't go onto the pitch no. I go with my dad, and he's a bit past all that kinda jive now! I like it when everyone goes on it looks good, but they need to know when to get off the bloody thing!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Looking forward to the "not many people at your trophy parade" banter. :roll: We need an empty seat smilie.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

James T wrote:Looking forward to the "not many people at your trophy parade" banter. :roll: We need an empty seat smilie.
it shows who is obsessed.
is this really the best you can come up with?

can we just move on?I think it is incredible that City can not sell out when they are about to win the Permier League and you don't.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

cantona wrote:can we just move on?I think it is incredible that City can not sell out when they are about to win the Permier League and you don't.
Apparently filling the stadium is more important than trophies...
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

cantona wrote:
James T wrote:Looking forward to the "not many people at your trophy parade" banter. :roll: We need an empty seat smilie.
it shows who is obsessed.
is this really the best you can come up with?

can we just move on?I think it is incredible that City can not sell out when they are about to win the Permier League and you don't.
WE DID SELL OUT.

That wasn't aimed at you, anyway. It was a JOKE.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

runcible wrote:
cantona wrote:can we just move on?I think it is incredible that City can not sell out when they are about to win the Permier League and you don't.
Apparently filling the stadium is more important than trophies...

you repeat yourself :oops:
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

cantona wrote:you repeat yourself :oops:
I'm copying you! :roll:
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Cantona, your an odd bloke.

Don't you have any other things to say about ManU i.e. - appointment of Van Gaal, upcoming players, etc., but you
keep harping on attendance ? Season is over with. I hope you WON'T revisit this topic in the fall ...
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Play nice everyone
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

QPR v Wigan, what a game. Such a shame to see Wigan fail to get promotion but I'm certain Rosler will get them there next season.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I hope Athletico Madrid can beat Barca in Camp Nou tomorrow to claim the La Liga title and beat Real for the Champions League next week. 8)
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Obviously not many Arsenal fans here then. Or are they all still hungover? Kind of pleased for Wenger and the winning goal was pretty neat.