Premier League / Football / Etc...

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

KingHarry
Known user

Re: Premier League / Football / Etc...

Post by KingHarry »

jack white wrote:City need a major overhaul of the squad & team. There's about 4 or 5 I'd keep (Milner being one of them). The rest are average, or have underperformed too long. Most of the mf needs replacing, you could make a case all the defenders need replacing (except the inexhaustible zabaleta).
Dzeko/jovetic useless. & Bony??
I think they have problems. I agree that some overhaul is required - but their policy of buying ready made 'stars' at the peak of their careers means that the resell value they have when they look to move them on is minimal.
The squad looks old.
I've not looked in much detail at this, and not suggesting all of the following list will be surplus to requirements, but they are not going to recoup much of the required funds by trading in Milner, Toure, Clichy, Sagna, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Demichelis - all of whom are touching 30 or significantly older.
And funds will have to be generated due to FFP.

I've said it before, but why weren't they this flakey last season - when they had to win their last 5 games ... and did, the selfish cnuts!?

With City sleep-walking through the rest of the seaosn and Chelsea in a slump, if Arsenal maintain their form they could put pressure on for the title. It won;t happen of course - as soon as they realise they are actually in a fight for something important they will get dizzy and promptly lose to Leicester at home, but there is a chance for them.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

We played the best football all season against Spurs in 1.half.Hopefully we can do that again and now we are only 2 points after City.Who would have thought it?
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

cantona wrote:We played the best football all season against Spurs in 1.half.Hopefully we can do that again and now we are only 2 points after City.Who would have thought it?
That may be true - but if there is one certainty in life, it is that Tottenham Hotspur will put in that kind of unfathomably horrific performance at just the time they need to show some steel.
I didn't see much of the game other than 5 minutes either side of Rooney's goal - Spurs seemed to be having some mad game of dare as to who could lose possession the most.
It looked as though drugs had been taken.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Hope Burnley stay up. Really like them this season. They're much more likeable (&, of course, plucky) than the other dour relegation candidates.

Hope Sunderland go down. Not because they sacked Poyet, I didn't like him as a manager or a personality, but because I don't like very many of their players. For some of them it'd be sad, but for a lot of them it would be just desserts. I'm not happy the club finds itself w/such a mess of a team. It's just, bar their embarrassments (which have been great this season) they offer nothing positive to the club, the fans or the succession of managers they haven't played for.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

cantona wrote:
My MOTM was Verratti.Works very hard and also a very good passer of the ball.Just what we need at Manchester United.

Great footballer. Love watching him play. Very much in the post-pirlo mode, w/a bit of de rossi's aggression mixed in for another superb Italian midfielder.
Him & carrack would be a duo good to see. Doubt he'd leave PSG for Man U atm, unless PSG can't free up funds from selling others, tho I'm sure they can.. Maybe when his contract negotiations crop up.. Would be nice to see him in the epl at some stage. Would be nicer if Serie A was good enough to retain those sort of players..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Pivotal match this weekend, I hope Liverpool overtake United.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

We outplayed Liverpool at Anfield and we played even better than last weekend against Spurs.Mata was outstanding and it looks finally like we have found a place for him.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

cantona wrote:We outplayed Liverpool at Anfield and we played even better than last weekend against Spurs.Mata was outstanding and it looks finally like we have found a place for him.
1st half utd were impressive, 2nd half not so.
Terrible from us - costly game all told with us now without Sturridge and Skrtel, effectively in the Uefa Cup, and having given utd a leg up when we had the chance to set them back a few years.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Dont fret, I'm still hoping that the reds, saints or spurs will grab that 4th slot. I think their is one more Manchester derby coming up soon ?
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

sunray wrote:What really impressed me about Burnley was that they had two players named Trippier and Yokes :lol: 8)
That's nothing.
We had Paul Weller and Paul Cook at one point.
Then there was Steve Jones...
Heavy Tourism
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Nice to see a tribute to Nick Mann at the Shrewsbury town match today - http://www.itv.com/news/central/2015-04 ... in-london/

You may not have seen the story but he died in tragic circumstances last weekend trying to save his brother in London's underground. I knew Nick from years back in Manchester and he really was the nicest chap. Hadn't seen him for a good few years now but it really shocked me, nice to see a club pay tribute to a loyal fan like that.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Crickey. Sums up the season.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Ridiculous that the 3rd goal was allowed, but apart from that we totally gave up after the equaliser. Didn't deserve anything. Some of these players are already thinking about where they will be playing next year. I think the people in charge of recruitment have as much to answer for as anyone else, if not more so. I think Mangala needs a run til the end of the year, see how he copes. So far he has looked like possibly the worst buy of all time. When you think we could've just stuck with Nastasic; Rekik and Deneyer also look like better options now. I don't want to be too hard on the guy because I firmly believe he hasn't been given enough of a run. He has the attributes to be a top defender, the one thing missing though is a brain. Navas is fast, that is it.

United were much the better side for most of the game, but even then they weren't that great. City have really thrown away the second half of this season, it completely baffles me.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Yea, shame they didn't check for a brain when they were doing Mangala's medical.. Tho there's plenty of footballers who'd fail if that were part of the exam!

Don't let it baffle you, James. It's an old/ageing team, & most of the signings over the past 2/3 even 4 seasons have been inadequate. A bunch of wishy-washy squad players and not one top class signing who'd immediately go into the first team. A few signings looked decent on paper but haven't delivered. Shoulda checked their hearts in the medical exam!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

I think James makes valid points about recruitment and signing policy, seems like reams of squad players are being acquired at vast cost, Mangala being the most glaring, for £30 odd million I want somebody who walks into the 1st team and can hold down a place, don`t see that being to demanding.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

As JackWhite has mentioned in earlier posts, major rehaul of squad is necessary. Kompany and Yaya Toure are on the downside of 32. Need to strengthen youth academy and get it on par with Southampton ( whom many people say has one of the better youth academies ).
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

The squad age thing is bollocks for me, kompany is 29! All the players have top quality football left in them, although Marty at centre back has looked his age this year I would agree.

Also, funny that every pundit is pulling that line now, but they wanted lampard starting games before Christmas!
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

James T wrote:The squad age thing is bollocks for me, kompany is 29! All the players have top quality football left in them, although Marty at centre back has looked his age this year I would agree.

Also, funny that every pundit is pulling that line now, but they wanted lampard starting games before Christmas!
It's in relation to hunger, desire as well as physicality.
They have quality & experience, but collectively they don't have the desire or energy.

Lampards still one of the few to put the effort in.
Kompanys busted. Badly expose this term, made so many poor decisions. Legs have maybe gone, injuries starting to tell? Demichelis, despite a few dodgy moments (a few born out of desperate attempts to try & cover for kompany) has been one of city's more dependable & honest performers - & that coming from me who has always doubted him.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

James T wrote:Ridiculous that the 3rd goal was allowed, but apart from that we totally gave up after the equaliser.

United were much the better side for most of the game, but even then they weren't that great. City have really thrown away the second half of this season, it completely baffles me.
Weren't great...after dominating the current Championd for 65-70mins of the match!
Not having that James.
When Phil Jones started thinking he was prime time Rio Ferdinand, striding out from the back with 30mins to go...you know you've been great!
Shoulders back, smash it
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Great comparatively to us on the day, but when I look at some of the performances against us across the season, they were far from putting in the best showing. Stoke absolutely hammered us for 45 minutes! I'll never know how we won that 4-1. And the current champions thing is fairly irrelevant to what is going on in the here and now almost 1 year later. Maybe at the start of the season it has some impact on attitudes, but not now. People can see we're there for the taking, and they're doing a god job against us.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Except for the first 10 mins City was outplayed and only because we got to relaxed and some bad defending you were lucky to escape with 4-2.

Never been the greatest Fellaini fan but Van Gaal have found a place for him and Young has plenty of confidence and looks like a new player.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

No surprises with Liverpool, I called that result weeks ago :roll: :cry:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Rogers out
Klopp in?
Rafa in!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

niamhm wrote:I think James makes valid points about recruitment and signing policy, seems like reams of squad players are being acquired at vast cost, Mangala being the most glaring, for £30 odd million I want somebody who walks into the 1st team and can hold down a place, don`t see that being to demanding.
name 10 world class defenders

name 10 city could buy
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Crickey, almost squandered a two goal lead. Fernandhino secured and saved the 3 pts.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The Dr wrote:
niamhm wrote:I think James makes valid points about recruitment and signing policy, seems like reams of squad players are being acquired at vast cost, Mangala being the most glaring, for £30 odd million I want somebody who walks into the 1st team and can hold down a place, don`t see that being to demanding.
name 10 world class defenders

name 10 city could buy

Why? What is this, a pub quiz?

They don`t need 10, one would do, if you think Mangala being unable to claim a first team place in a pretty woeful season is a good sign we`ll just need to agree to disagree,

I see they shipped 2 today but got away with it in the end
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

the point is there is a world shortage of quality defenders and those that are seem unlikely to join man city

James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Mangala has been great in the past few games he's appeared in, though he still ranks high as one of the worst buys I've ever seen purely down to the fee. He does look like he could be a top defender one day, but I see no more potential in him than I do in Nastasic. Perhaps less. Unusual for a centre back to be praised in a game where we concede 2 against a side like Villa (who are truly dreadful). Bad day for keepers, though Joe Hart did pull off one outstanding save which has gone un-replayed since and wasn't even mentioned in the commentary at the time.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Villa should've had a pen & Hart sent off when the game was 2-2. That wasn't even mentioned in James' synopsis ;)
gonna burn brightly
for a while
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Nor did I mention the 2 penalties the analysis stated we also should've been awarded. One I agree with 100%, the other I was more 50/50 on. Also, I hardly went into any detail about what went on in the game did I? Good try though buddy.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Just wanted to say a big up to Bournemouth who all but achieved promotion to the Premier League last night.

Rarely has the term 'football romance' been better used. To think they almost went out of business less than a decade ago is incredible. And under 7 years ago they started the season on -17 points in League 2.

Just amazing. Hats off to those guys. Bizarre to think that during the miserable season Leeds have endured we managed to do the double over them!
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Eddie Howes a super manager & they play great stuff. & it's nice to have a new name in the premiership. Isn't it like now half the professional clubs have played in the premiership or something?

Of course the enthusiasm should be tempered by the fact they've been somewhat funded by a Russian bazillionaire. But you know me, I'm not one to ran on parades ;)

Think they'll have a better chance of staying up that Watford, solely by the football they play.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

runcible wrote:Just wanted to say a big up to Bournemouth who all but achieved promotion to the Premier League last night.

Rarely has the term 'football romance' been better used. To think they almost went out of business less than a decade ago is incredible. And under 7 years ago they started the season on -17 points in League 2.

Just amazing. Hats off to those guys. Bizarre to think that during the miserable season Leeds have endured we managed to do the double over them!
Surely doing the double over them should mean we get promoted too :lol:
'Remember, change is not good'
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I like United's streak .... a losing one. 3 matches and counting.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

spacemanrich wrote:I like United's streak .... a losing one. 3 matches and counting.
leicester 4 wins in 5...only loss against chelsea

KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

spacemanrich wrote:I like United's streak .... a losing one. 3 matches and counting.

They are shit.

Unfortunately, Liverpool are a deeper shade of brown
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I would have liked the reds, spurs or saints to take the fourth slot, however at this point its too late even with United's slide.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Never mind all that - Bournemouth are champions of the Championship. Worth some applause I reckon. What they have achieved is absolutely magnificent. I wonder if they can survive the Premier League? I'll be rooting for them whatever.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Just watching the snooker here - yes, rock and roll I know

There's some bloke sat in the front row wearing a Coventry City home strip. He was sat in the same seat yesterday in their away kit.
What possesses a grown man to think that wearing a football shirt on a night out (or ever) is acceptable behaviour? Really weird.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Stoke 5 up vs Liverpool at half time

Heh heh
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Let the merry go round begin....

Think this is a realistic idea of how my team will shape up next season

DDG
Valencia Smalling Dragovic Blind
Carrick
Gaitan Herrera Fellaini Depay
Rooney

Subs
Valdes, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Mata, Young, Wilson

Can't see DDG leaving this season without Bale coming the other way and that's not going to happen.
Don't see Alves arriving or Clyne and my favoured choice alexi vidal is off to camp nou
Ottamendi and Garay are riskier than Drago plus Drago will have more hunger
Shaw will deputise for Blind when Carrick is inevitably injured and Blind plays CDM.
Gundogan will end up in Spain not Manchester
Gaitan will arrive and force the one touch too many Mata back to the bench
Feel sorry for Ashley Young but Depay must start
We'll continue to play DIRECT hence big tree as the main man
Worryingly (or not) we have lost Falcao and RVP will depart too. Love them to take a punt on Ings or Austin but I'm afraid it's not a shirt seller.

Still looking for a Carrick replacement and even thought about Swansea' Leon Brittain....for a minute...or Pirlo with Pistorius legs
Shoulders back, smash it
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:Let the merry go round begin....

DDG
Carrick
Rooney

Subs

Can't see DDG leaving this season without Bale coming the other way and that's not going to happen.
Don't see Alves arriving or Clyne and my favoured choice alexi vidal is off to camp nou
Shaw will deputise for Blind when Carrick is inevitably injured and Blind plays CDM.
Worryingly (or not) we have lost Falcao and RVP will depart too. Love them to take a punt on Ings or Austin but I'm afraid it's not a shirt seller.

Still looking for a Carrick replacement and even thought about Swansea' Leon Brittain....for a minute...or Pirlo with Pistorius legs
I think we will go 4-3-3 in the new season.

GK: DDG, Valdes - If De Gea goes i would go for Cech
RB: Clyne?, Valencia - Is Clyne so good? How about Darmian?
LB: Shaw, Blind
CB: Smalling, Jones
CB: Otamendi, Rojo -
CM: Carrick,Gundogan? Verratti would be perfect but i can't see PSG sell him
RM: ADM, Januzaj
LM:Herrera, Schneiderlin
CF: Rooney, Benteke - Not sure about Benteke. But we need a new striker
RF: Mata,Nani?
LF: Depay, Young
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

cantona wrote:
Stuart X.Hunter wrote:Let the merry go round begin....

DDG
Carrick
Rooney

Subs

I think we will go 4-3-3 in the new season.

GK: DDG, Valdes - If De Gea goes i would go for Cech
RB: Clyne?, Valencia - Is Clyne so good? How about Darmian?
LB: Shaw, Blind
CB: Smalling, Jones
CB: Otamendi, Rojo -
CM: Carrick,Gundogan? Verratti would be perfect but i can't see PSG sell him
RM: ADM, Januzaj
LM:Herrera, Schneiderlin
CF: Rooney, Benteke - Not sure about Benteke. But we need a new striker
RF: Mata,Nani?
LF: Depay, Young
Think Darmian will end up somewhere that's not Manchester....maybe in Germany or across the street in Juve
Hope there's no punt on Clyne as I think like Shaw the expectation would get the better of him
Benteke I think will go Chelsea

I can't see massive signings as I have a hunch this will be LVG's last season. Feel he only brought in to steady the ship and get results. A shame as I enjoy his press conferences
Shoulders back, smash it
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I don't know which is more ridiculous. Someone bidding 40m for Sterling or someone rejecting it.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

James T wrote:I don't know which is more ridiculous. Someone bidding 40m for Sterling or someone rejecting it.
The answer to that question is now clear.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Decent business for QPR who will turn a profit on a transfer for the first time in years (or so it seems)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Have we all done the decent thing and turned our backs on the the obscenity / monstrosity that is professional football? Or is it more a case of being utterly underwhelmed with how your team is doing so far and apathy ruling the roost?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

sunray wrote:Have we all done the decent thing and turned our backs on the the obscenity / monstrosity that is professional football? Or is it more a case of being utterly underwhelmed with how your team is doing so far and apathy ruling the roost?
Combination of both.

The Rugby World Cup is more interesting! I mean - Japan?! Just fantastic!
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Yep! Both.

I was at the Japan match... It was amazing.

:)

M
Design.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I am uninterested in the egg-chasing. The football was very interesting over the weekend. Looks like it is going to be an interesting season. Mourinho is proving to be very amusing, fresh from telling Martinez to F__ Off last week, the old Arsene-Jose feud was mildly amusing.

Is there a more irritating player than Costa currently playing? He makes Robbie Savage seem like a reasonable human being..... :lol:
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

olan wrote:I am uninterested in the egg-chasing.
:roll: That old cliche!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I follow the Premier League pretty closely. No one seems to want to talk about it much anymore and that is fine. Here in the US we get most of the matches every week.
Costa is horrible.
My .02 cents worth anyway.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

runcible wrote:
olan wrote:I am uninterested in the egg-chasing.
:roll: That old cliche!
Yep, it has served me well since my primary school days in the early 1970's in sunny old Dublin. :lol: We were taught the three Rs - reading, running and rugby :roll: . They only taught us to read so we knew where to run to when it was time to play rugby. My school days ensured that I have neither interest in rugby, nor religion nor living in Ireland to be honest. :cry: To put it another way, I have a deep seated dislike of the game and its players/culture that has served me well in Ireland, England, Australia and New Zealand. I doubt I will watch any of it.....
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I also hated rugby when I was younger. I was made to play it at school and loathed everything about it. Then I went to New Zealand in 1989 and got swept up in the culture of it. When the All Blacks played most of the country stopped and I found I loved it and I've been into it ever since. I like the better attitude of the players towards the referee and lots of the rules which football is crying out for - there are so many football should just adopt. No one talks back to the ref in rugby yet it's part of the game in football and something that really winds me up. The very idea of someone writhing about faking injury in rugby is kind of unthinkable - they'd be laughed out the game. I just hate that about football and it's getting worse if anything....
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I cannot do with the brain damage this season I fear.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Ha ^
4-1 down away to spuds.
Stunning incompetence from the officials today. I know it's a pressurised role in the game, but when they're getting it so plainly wrong you gotta start to think maybe taking those decisions away from just one man or bringing in technology is the way forward.
Tbh clattenburg should've made the call on that first Spurs goal (& dismissed his linesmen like what happened at the World Cup in '94).

City tho.. What has happened. To them?! Total collapse since Juve spanked them, all their old problems suddenly resurfaced (yaya moping around the place, kompany going walkabouts - when he's fit, sagna's one of the worst footballers in the league).
Aguero looks like he's lost a yard of pace which is most alarming.
They're so slow.

Spurs by contrast look vibrant, young, full of running & one-touch passing. City are sleepwalking again, & being punished. Far, far too slow.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

A proper thrashing that's what it was. The last goal deMicaelis and Caballero bumping into each other and Caballero reduced to defending on his hands and knees. By the end of today, City will be 3rd or 4th place and United might take the top slot :oops:
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

They're incredibly, preposterously naive. Totally incapable of closing down a game. The amount of times they lose games after going 1-0 up.

Credit to them for always trying to win but there is value in grinding out results - a 0-0 even would've been a good result for them today. I don't even remember the last scoreless game they were involved in (tho granted, by definition 0-0's aren't the most memorable of games).

That back 4 today was a shambles. & this from a team who'd kept clean sheets in their first 3-4 games. Pellegrini's a former defender, he should know better!

I think they've got real problems that were masked by their good start to the season. The quality & mentality of the squad is questionable on this form.

Think pellegrini might be a problem too. They're seemingly intent on waiting on Pep but there's maybe something to the idea of changing coach & philosophy sooner rather than later. For instance today's lineup seemed more suited to playing on the counter but they tried to dominate possession and almost play like the home team. How can you do that it ha midfield 3 that has no ball players in there?!

They did get sucker punched by the first Spurs goal, but kdb gave away a sloppy pass which was maybe in the next phase of play & a more direct cause than the lineman not flagging or offside.

Dunno. & I case James thinks I'm having a go (cause this thread only comes to life when city lose haha!) I had wanted them to beat Spurs today. I like a lot of Spurs' players but it's one club I've never liked.. Go figure.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I'm concerned by the second half against spurs, that is all. Nothing else to worry me. We played better than Juventus, who were finalists last year. Don't get into who they've bought sold etc... still they were finalists. Barca losing, Arsenal losing, BATE battering Roma who drew with Barca last game out. Champions League is unusual very often. Juventus didn't batter anyone in that game. City were very narrowly better. Anyway, no worries. West Ham? Well, anyone who watched that would worry a lot more for West Ham in the long run. Disappointed with results, not concerned. Still have been by far the best team overall so far, but again that will change at intervals across the season like it always does. Chelsea walked the league pretty much last year, but they were garbage for a long period in the middle of the season.

No interest in going into my opinion on other teams performances so far this season as I have been so busy this past month or so that I've only just about had time to make it to the city games! Seen some Chelsea but the table tells its own story when it comes to them. Hear from United fans that this Martial guy looks decent, but that they have been average otherwise. Not sure about them yet!

Sterling hasn't changed my opinion yet. Fast but little end product, although he manages that much better than Navas ever can. Couldn't cross a road that pillock. Sterling is worth the money because he takes players away from Silva, giving him space is priceless. De Bruyne looks utterly incredible, though what a silly pass for Tottenhams first offside goal.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Quite enjoyed the last 30 minutes of the Everton-West Brom game. When we actually turned up and played we looked really excellent. I was really surprised at how WBA collapsed though. I wouldn't expect that from a Pullis managed team.

Liverpool next - should be interesting.....
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Looking lively the reds here.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Rogers has just been given the boot. Think the players that they bought following the sale of Suarez never did him any favours. Being a man of a certain age I remember the Liverpool of old, always having top quality players. They've only had one of two a season since the Premier League era really.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Shinesalight wrote:Rogers has just been given the boot. Think the players that they bought following the sale of Suarez never did him any favours. Being a man of a certain age I remember the Liverpool of old, always having top quality players. They've only had one of two a season since the Premier League era really.
We've got a roll on with opposition managers. Jose M blew his stack after we turned Chelsea over. Next Rodgers gets the boot after a 1-1 draw. We have Man Utd at home next. God knows what might happen then......
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Surprised by the fixture results for the united v. arsenal match thought it would be the reverse. Talking about players, arsenal has been quiet with acquiring quality talent.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Fun filled week in the world of football, didn't think it was still possible.

Ireland beating Germany :shock: :D , Northern Ireland qualifying, Scotland doing what they do so well (Difference between Ireland and Scotland? The former specialise in heroic failures, the latter in spectacular ones). Hopefully Ireland and Wales can both finish the job properly over the weekend rather than end up in the play-offs.

Then to top it all off...Jurgen Klopp.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

These qualifying matches are controversial for players. Aguero will be out at least 4 weeks, maybe more and Silva at least 3 weeks and both will miss the Manchester Derby on Oct.25. :shock:

The Scottish punter that came out on the pitch to take a "selfie" with Lewandowski could have put their Euro chances in jeopardy. Lewandowski ended up with a goal in the 94th minute and beating Scotland and now that is irony for you.