Premier League / Football / Etc...

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

KingHarry
Known user

Re: Premier League / Football / Etc...

Post by KingHarry »

sunray wrote:
sunray wrote:No surprise at last nights result. In fact when the draw was made I argued with my mates that it would actually be R.Madrid and Basle to go through. Would've preferred to be proven wrong though :roll:

I expect a full turnaround this weekend on last years game at Old Trafford. Man U to win 3-0 this time.
I should have put money on it.

Relegation at this fucking rate.
Bizarre game. It certainly confirmed what we already knew - we have no strikers or keeper and they do. We started well, were on the front foot - should have gone ahead and found ourselves behind. From that point forward, it seemed pretty much inevitable that we would lose the game - on the basis that we've hardly been able to fashion a chance let alone a goal for the past couple of months. The fact that we subsequently created LOTS of chances possibly says more about utd than us, but there was actually lots of good stuff from us today. Unfortunately we keep fucking up with merry abandon - best summed up by Lovren, and they were obviously given a massive tug by that decision for the second goal.
It's a horror show of a season - possible that it will get worse during this week.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

spacemanrich wrote:James T, I remember you stating that you didn't care if Lampard stayed or not ? Pellegrini said that they are working on delaying his move to MLS. With injuries I think he will be pivotal down the stretch much akin to Drogba is to Chelsea. If it wasn't for Lampard today it could have been a draw with Leichester.
I agree he has a good impact in terms of goals, which is important with all our strikers out injured, but I'm still not bothered whether he stays or not. Firstly, I think it would be unfair on MLS and NYCFC if he stayed on past January as a agreement had been made. Secondly, he made appearances mostly because Silva has been injured, he is back now so I can't see Lampard getting a whole lot of football. Although he is a better option than some of our younger players and scott sinclair, I believe if he hadn't played yesterday, a goal would have come from somewhere (despite us playing pretty badly). A good finish but an easy tap in, the ball would've rolled to Pozo behind him if he had missed it or not been in that position.

He has come up with some good goals, but he also has very little influence apart from that and can in some instances really slow the play down. He is a really great option in some situations, but when I saw him starting i was disappointed, and his performance didn't prove me otherwise. Even the commentators during the game commented on how ineffective he had been, and then he scored. After the goal I do't recall him doing anything much before coming off.

Has done the job required so far, but I don't have any problem with him going and us getting someone else on loan or offering more games to a young talent. Shame Denis Suarez went off to Barca, he looked a real talent and is looking great on loan at Sevilla. Apparently he is leaving Barcelona at the end of the year and could come back to City.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Chelsea & City to progress and Arsenal to miss out.

Everton only team to progress in Europa...in fact Everton will get to the final.

Some good ties to look forward too...can't wait for Chelsea PSG and the fixture of yesteryear Juventus Dortmund
Shoulders back, smash it
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

James T wrote:
spacemanrich wrote:James T, I remember you stating that you didn't care if Lampard stayed or not ? Pellegrini said that they are working on delaying his move to MLS. With injuries I think he will be pivotal down the stretch much akin to Drogba is to Chelsea. If it wasn't for Lampard today it could have been a draw with Leichester.
I agree he has a good impact in terms of goals, which is important with all our strikers out injured, but I'm still not bothered whether he stays or not. Firstly, I think it would be unfair on MLS and NYCFC if he stayed on past January as a agreement had been made. . Although he is a better option than some of our younger players and scott sinclair, I believe if he hadn't played yesterday, a goal would have come from somewhere (despite us playing pretty badly). A good finish but an easy tap in, the ball would've rolled to Pozo behind him if he had missed it or not been in that position.

He has come up with some good goals, but he also has very little influence apart from that and can in some instances really slow the play down. He is a really great option in some situations, but when I saw him starting i was disappointed, and his performance didn't prove me otherwise. Even the commentators during the game commented on how ineffective he had been, and then he scored. After the goal I do't recall him doing anything much before coming off.

What?! Esp that bizarre first point.
Lampard isn't just better (& more committed) than the younger players but most all the senior players too.
You think it's by chance he gets himself in position for tap-ins or goals other people aren't getting? Polo has a great name, that's all he has going for him. If he was that good he'd have been where lampard was, notstanding behind him.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:Chelsea & City to progress and Arsenal to miss out.

What?!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

jack white wrote:
James T wrote:
I agree he has a good impact in terms of goals, which is important with all our strikers out injured, but I'm still not bothered whether he stays or not. Firstly, I think it would be unfair on MLS and NYCFC if he stayed on past January as a agreement had been made. . Although he is a better option than some of our younger players and scott sinclair, I believe if he hadn't played yesterday, a goal would have come from somewhere (despite us playing pretty badly). A good finish but an easy tap in, the ball would've rolled to Pozo behind him if he had missed it or not been in that position.

What?! Esp that bizarre first point.
Lampard isn't just better (& more committed) than the younger players but most all the senior players too.
You think it's by chance he gets himself in position for tap-ins or goals other people aren't getting? Polo has a great name, that's all he has going for him. If he was that good he'd have been where lampard was, notstanding behind him.
Look, I've watched every minute he has played for us. He has had a good impact in certain games, but no one picks out the shite stuff he does and that is fine by me; I just don't care if we keep him. We can get someone better. Near impossible to replace a 26 year old Lampard, not so hard to replace a 36 year old Lampard. He is great at popping up in the right positions, that is about it at his age. If we had signed him I wouldn't mind him being here the full year and coming on here and there, but he has a deal elsewhere and I would rather us move on and get someone long term integrated into the side.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

You're underestimating his impact & contribution. Passing off his instant garuntee for some notion there's better alternatives out there - if there were dont you think city would've signed that person already?!
I don't get your ungrateful attitude.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

January closing in I like to speculate a little to my teams line up in the New Year

De Gea
Jones Laporte Rojo
Valencia Shaw
Strootmann
Carrick Di Maria
Rooney RVP

subs : Valdes, Smalling, Mata, Herrera, Young, Januzaj, Falcao

Is that a 21st title I see...
Shoulders back, smash it
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

jack white wrote:You're underestimating his impact & contribution. Passing off his instant garuntee for some notion there's better alternatives out there - if there were dont you think city would've signed that person already?!
I don't get your ungrateful attitude.
I'm not being ungrateful, I am being realistic. And no I don't think we would have due to the financial restrictions this summer just passed. Also, we needed an extra English player after having let Rodwell go, Lampard needed somewhere to train. I don't think any of the parties involved expected it to go as well as it has. I have said he has done a good job, but he hasn't been brilliant like everyone is making out. He has an outstanding goal to appearance ratio, no doubt, but there has also been times when he slowed a game down or didn't have the impact. I don't blame him for his less successful appearances, I blame the manager for picking him at certain times when it wasn't the best option.

If he does stay, I don't think it is that fair on fans paying for NYCFC season tickets expecting to see this footballing superstar who decided he'd rather play in the premier league a bit longer despite agreeing to play in the MLS. I think it would reflect badly on us and him, as well as not having a massive impact on results (depending on how we would plug that gap in the team).

I may be underestimating slightly, but there are a hell of a lot of people overestimating (not to mention underestimating other players in the squad).
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:January closing in I like to speculate a little to my teams line up in the New Year

De Gea
Jones Laporte Rojo
Valencia Shaw
Strootmann
Carrick Di Maria
Rooney RVP

subs : Valdes, Smalling, Mata, Herrera, Young, Januzaj, Falcao

Is that a 21st title I see...
I think Laporte is maybe to young.What we need is an experienced central defender, and with leadership qualities.Perhaps we also need a new right-back and a midfielder.Valencia is not a right-back and Rafael is injured too much.And why Valdes?We have Lindegaard who knows the Premier League and I can easily see Valdes have great problems with high balls.

And let us go back to 4 defenders.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

@cantona

Ryan Shawcross??

Doubt we'll get anyone like a prime Vidic figure as most of the top (and there's only a few) defenders are settled, established or have recently moved.

Who were you thinking??

I like Valencia at wing back...he suits playing there. Rafael had a very consistent year two seasons ago but has struggled to push on. Think we've cover there in Jones or Smalling assuming we sign a DC

I think Lindergard wants to move on and Valdes is an excellent shot stopper with ridiculous experience. He may actually be able to help DDG.

B,
S
Shoulders back, smash it
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:@cantona

Ryan Shawcross??

Doubt we'll get anyone like a prime Vidic figure as most of the top (and there's only a few) defenders are settled, established or have recently moved.

Who were you thinking??

I like Valencia at wing back...he suits playing there. Rafael had a very consistent year two seasons ago but has struggled to push on. Think we've cover there in Jones or Smalling assuming we sign a DC

I think Lindergard wants to move on and Valdes is an excellent shot stopper with ridiculous experience. He may actually be able to help DDG.

B,
S
Hummels maybe?But he also seems to have problems with injures.Perhaps Rojo with Smalling / Jones be the solution.If they could avoid injuries and get more matches together it will of course help.Terry and Cahil are not better than our defenders but they have played so many games together that they know each other well.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Fair play to the linesman, must b hard to get away with such an appalling decision. Maybe even worse than palaces disallowed goal last week. That second half was maybe the worst leave showing in quite a while from city, though maybe not as bad as the Moscow game in Europe. Stupid sub to bring lampard on in that situation, especially after him failing to even touch the ball more than 2 or 3 times in his previous 2 appearances. We needed to take control and bring the pace up again, not slow it down and hope for him to pop up at the edge of the box.

With all 4 top sides drawing we could've been worse off, but we did the same thing over Christmas last year. Need to take advantage of chelsea dropping points rather than just keeping up.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Now were officially at the halfway mark and a squandered opportunity for City to move level with Chelsea. Still, nothing to complain about with current injuries and the beginning of November when City was 9-12 pts. behind. I'm wondering if City will make a move in the January transfer market ?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Chelsea were robbed also, awful decisions in every game all season. Can't say bad decisions will cost city anything when everyone else has it also every game. Awful officials getting worse.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Glad the Barca ban is being upheld
Shoulders back, smash it
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Done deal, Lampard will remain with City for the rest of the season. Looks like the ANC will take Yaya all of January, including the clash with Chelsea on Jan.31.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

The ANC? Yaya is going into politics?
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Incredible second half there. Fair play to Lampard, he played very well today and would've had a hat trick of not for a great performance from Pantillimon.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Yea cracking 2nd half
Still not quite sure how Sunderland got their 2 goals..
Thought mangala was good today.. Tho wickham was useless against him, made it an easy afternoon.

Great finish from yaya to break the deadlock.

Spurs currently doing city a favour here.. Or Chelsea turning off. Weird performance they seem to be ambling about the place, they've let complacency creep in..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Would have been a draw today without Lampard. I'm telling you, he's going to be pivotal down the stretch. We'll see how the Blues do today against the Spurs.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Crazy football today, can't wait for match of the day tonight, nice way to end the Christmas break before back to work tomorrow.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

What a game! That Harry Kane looks to be a very handy player to me, could perhaps be bought cheap(ish) still at this moment in time. Worth a risk? Perhaps. Chelsea didn't even deserve their 3 goals, Spurs were fantastic apart from small patches of the second half when they were maybe a little complacent.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Geez, I'd would have loved to watch the City as well as the Chelsea match today instead of just reading about the results. Look like the Blues got Kaned tonight. I inserted Kane in my fantasy league earlier this week :)
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

I thought Spurs looked dodgy/uninspired early doors & Chelsea took their foot off the gas after going one up. After the first Kane goal it just got crazy.

Kane's defo be worth a punt at this stage. The form he's in currently he's irrepressible. Levy's a hard man to negotiate w/so maybe be better looking elsewhere - esp w/city under sanctions & Spurs in need of prob another 2 strikers before being willing to sell their only dependable scorer.. Can't see it happening in jan but could see him slotting into city's squad as one of the 3 strikers behind kun..

See pellegrini talking about even keeping frank lampard on for next year now..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Now your talking rubbish Jack White. Their was already a controversy with Lampard staying on until the end of the season and now he might sign on with City instead of NYFC next season ? What ? I, guess it would make sense FFP wise to have an english-born player in the roster. Now your going to say that Gerrard will sign too and Lampard/Gerrard will be the Bones Brigade ... :wink:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Rightly, the fans in New York are not happy. Keeping him til March was the only option to suit to both sides in the end, and they've gone further than that and now are making confusing signals as to whether he will even go to NYCFC after that. Undermining the project in New York is an absolute no for me, but it is the first thing we have done. I had reservations about these other sides being too closely linked with Manchester, although I understand the benefit to the group in terms of marketing and the greater goal.

Pellegrini said it is best for New York that he stays in Manchester, a very unusual point of view. He does occasionally come out with some nonsense though so I will just look past it as him being a bit daft.

City owe New York after this affair. They can quite easily take Scott Sinclair off us, who could surely do a great job over in the MLS? You never know, some of the big names will probably move out there once the deals are up with us.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

James, I did hear about that ( where he might not even go to NYFC ). I think when Mou released him, he thought his career was over in the BPL and so the right decision was go to the MLS to finish your career. And so he signed with NYFC and they are owned by City thinking they'll have him out on loan until the season started, but no one anticipated the impact that he would have. One can't surely turn down the chance to stay in the BPL and in the middle of a title run to head overseas to an upstart club ? And I'm sure Lampard would like to stick it to Mou for releasing for him in the first place thinking he's an old git past his prime.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

spacemanrich wrote:James, I did hear about that ( where he might not even go to NYFC ). I think when Mou released him, he thought his career was over in the BPL and so the right decision was go to the MLS to finish your career. And so he signed with NYFC and they are owned by City thinking they'll have him out on loan until the season started, but no one anticipated the impact that he would have. One can't surely turn down the chance to stay in the BPL and in the middle of a title run to head overseas to an upstart club ? And I'm sure Lampard would like to stick it to Mou for releasing for him in the first place thinking he's an old git past his prime.
What is the BPL please? :?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I don't think Mourinho made any mistake, he went and got Fabregas. Lampard IS past his best. He has done ok, I don't think he will have any bad feeling to anyone at Chelsea because it made sense for him to move on.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

olan wrote:
What is the BPL please? :?
Good luck getting an answer. I am still waiting about City losing Yaya Toure to the ANC.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Barclays Premier League and the Africa Nations Cup, but you know that.... 8)
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Ta, James for clearing it up for Olan and Spzrepent who likes to troll for mistakes.

Known as EPL and BPL - y'know Barclay's the U.K.financial giant who is sponsoring the league (advertising/marketing purposes). Barclay's Premier League.

ANC- African Nations Cup, Africa Cup of Nations or CAN (Coupe de' Afrique des Nations) - you figure it out what the "official" acronym and get back to me, okay Spzrepent ?! Idiot. :cry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_Cup_of_Nations
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

spacemanrich wrote:Ta, James for clearing it up for Olan and Spzrepent who likes to troll for mistakes.
ANC- African Nations Cup, Africa Cup of Nations or CAN (Coupe de' Afrique des Nations) - you figure it out what the "official" acronym and get back to me, okay Spzrepent ?! Idiot. :cry:
ANC- African National Congress
The Africa Cup of Nations, officially CAN (French: Coupe d'Afrique des Nations), also referred to as African Cup of Nations, or AFCON,
I'm pretty sure they dont want it mixed up with the ANC The African National Congress (ANC) is South Africa's governing party and has been in power since the transition to democracy in April 1994.
Pretty big mistake. But I am the idiot right?
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

James T wrote:

City owe New York after this affair. They can quite easily take Scott Sinclair off us, who could surely do a great job over in the MLS? You never know, some of the big names will probably move out there once the deals are up with us.
And what of Nastasic??

Take this guy in a heartbeat after watching Johny Evans against Stoke!
Falcao starting to look very busy now which is a relief...just need a no nonsense defender.

I think the African Cup will affect Swansea, Newcastle and West Ham the most...Chelsea benefit from fixtures against two of these during the tournament.

Finally...the Blythe Spartans goalie was a wind-up...right??
Shoulders back, smash it
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Nastasic is a mystery to me, he looked very promising but clearly something has gone on behind the scenes. Such a shame, he read the game well.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Read in the MEN that Schalke are keen...

Agreed that he is very composed for only 21 and two seasons ago looked a worldy in the making.
Something has happened...maybe he ain't got the bottle to fight Mangala and De Michelis for a start.

Bizarre
Shoulders back, smash it
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Thanks spzent for clearing that up for me - i couldn't sleep thinking about that. I knew that it was Mandela's former party or something like that. In fact, I don't really care.

Olan, anything to add to this post soccer-wise than criticize my mistake ( of which it wasn't ) and you come off looking kinda foolish ? Anything about Everton ? StuX and Cantona added recent posts on United, Chelsea and Lampard have been recent posts on the subject. Yeah, I'm like you I'd rather like EPL better than BPL - Barclays Premiere League just reeks of commercialism. It is what it is.

Off to the gym and catching the second NFL championship game btwn Cowboys v. Lions
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

real end their 22 games winning streak 2-1 valencia

nice to see my team winning (leicester). so far we have only beaten rubbish teams (must be rubbish if we can beat you) stoke, man united, newcastle and hull. who will win the league? who cares, i find that end of the table boring. it's always the same teams so it makes very little difference
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Dreadful from City today, so lucky to go through despite seeing almost all of the ball. Travelled to the ground with 2 friends to be told there were only limited single seats left. Touts were everywhere trying to charge £40 a ticket for a game v Sheff Wed? Unusual. Anyway, we bought 3 separate tickets to sit apart from each other, when we went in the stadium was maybe a quarter empty with big chunks of seats empty. Highly unusual.

Also, atmosphere was incredibly poor as is common for cup games early rounds. Until the players take it seriously though, how can the fans be expected to? Dreadful, but grateful to progress and hopefully do well.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

spacemanrich wrote:Thanks spzent for clearing that up for me - i couldn't sleep thinking about that. I knew that it was Mandela's former party or something like that. In fact, I don't really care.
If you weren't such a putz(look it up) I wouldn't do this.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

spacemanrich wrote:Thanks spzent for clearing that up for me - i couldn't sleep thinking about that. I knew that it was Mandela's former party or something like that. In fact, I don't really care.

Olan, anything to add to this post soccer-wise than criticize my mistake ( of which it wasn't ) and you come off looking kinda foolish ? Anything about Everton ? StuX and Cantona added recent posts on United, Chelsea and Lampard have been recent posts on the subject. Yeah, I'm like you I'd rather like EPL better than BPL - Barclays Premiere League just reeks of commercialism. It is what it is.

Off to the gym and catching the second NFL championship game btwn Cowboys v. Lions
I've not got one clue what you are on about here Pal. The Premier League was referred to as the EPL by Australian TV when I lived in Melbourne so I had heard that. I had never heard BPL used before, but obviously it is Barclays Premiere League. I tend not to watch much of the Sky coverage as it gets on my nerves so the sponsorship is not on my radar. I still tend to talk about First Division rather that Premier League. I think you'll see I asked a fairly polite question
olan wrote: What is the BPL please? :?
I said please and included the confused face smiley thing to indicate my confused old man status. Thanks for your clarification. I'm not really sure where you are going with all that other stuff though....Oh, and as for Everton, they play on Tuesday and were utter shite last time out.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Lets be friends. I don't care for abbreviations unless it is my initials.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Thoughts on this Bony to City speculation??

Would've thought Berahino would make long term sense.
Short term solution could be bringing Hulk in from the cold.

I'm hoping that the plundering rouble will see Garay arrive at Old Trafford...where he should've came three years ago!

B,
S
Shoulders back, smash it
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I wanted Bony in the summer, so I'm pleased to see him coming (if he does). I like Jovetic when he is fit and firing but he really isn't cutting it right now and is hardly ever available to start a couple of games on the trot. Bony is a powerful guy, dangerous with his head, both feet, in and out of the box. I don't expect him to start every game, but I think he would get a lot of appearances and score a lot of goals in this city side.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Yeah I can see your point of view; he's a great back to goal / build up player but despite his goals I'm still not convinced he's a natural goal scorer...thinking European nights when you may only get one or two chances.
However he is proven perfect fit for the Barclays English Premiership League of England.

Do you think there's movement then in one of Jovetic or Dzeko?? Assuming Bony comes.
Shoulders back, smash it
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I think jovetic will go back to Italy in the summer, unless he really steps up in the meantime. Dzeko could go, but I love the guy! Frustrating at times but so important to both our title wins and progression since he joined.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Great signing, unfortunate timing.

Even if it doesn't work out its not a major risk for city.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

spzretent wrote:
If you weren't such a putz(look it up) I wouldn't do this.
:D
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

LIverpool overlook multiple European Cup winner Victor Valdes.

Shows admirable confidence in the 2 worst goalkeepers that have ever picked up a wage as professionals.

In the same window, LFC announce that 34 year-old club legend will leave in the summer and 21 year-old prodigy Suso will depart to Milan. They receive no money for either transaction.

At the same time, the only likely arrival is Origi, the player they bought for £10m in the summer and loaned straight back to Lille. They are paying an additional £4m to bring him to Anfield now, rather than the summer.

I suspect only Liverpool are such a fucking shambles at conducting transfer business (in and out) that they actually manage to pay money for a player they already own.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Olan, you haven't really posted here recently, other than to note : BPL, EPL, ANC, CAN, ACN , et al.to me. Just trolling for my mistakes ?

Bony will be a good signing, but a bit high at 30 million pounds. Don't think it is necessary with the 3 forwards coming back from injury and did quite well the few weeks without them. I think City will be fine going forward with or without Bony if players stay healthy. Yeah, Jovetic has been so injury prone that you really can't keep him if he can't get healthy.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Fair enough Rich, I will send you a PM for permission to ask questions before I post here...... :roll:

I asked a question, I did not troll you. I then explained why I asked the question. You seem a bit uptight dude, perhaps there is something you could do to ease the stress a little....
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Jovetic isn't a striker, he plays much deeper in his usual role and isn't so effective when pushed furthest forward. We have 2 strikers, and you need more than that especially with Aguero's injury record.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

spacemanrich wrote:Olan, you haven't really posted here recently, other than to note : BPL, EPL, ANC, CAN, ACN , et al.to me. Just trolling for my mistakes ?
You can accuse me of trolling for your mistakes and occasional racially insenstive comments. Not Olan.
Looking forward to your weekly recap of the games.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Thought Everton were decent today. Our defence has been dire for most of the season, but today pretty much kept City out. Will be interested to see Jag's disallowed goal and the penalty claim on the box tonight as it did not really look like a foul on Hart by Naismith in real time. Still, we were much better than we have been for months, City played lovely football, and I had a nice time and a few beers on my birthday. Hopefully, I'll have thawed out by this time tomorrow. It was abso-feckin'-lutely freezing today. A draw seemed a fair outcome and TBH I would have snatched your hand off if I was offered 1-1 before the game.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

olan wrote:Thought Everton were decent today. Our defence has been dire for most of the season, but today pretty much kept City out. Will be interested to see Jag's disallowed goal and the penalty claim on the box tonight as it did not really look like a foul on Hart by Naismith in real time. Still, we were much better than we have been for months, City played lovely football, and I had a nice time and a few beers on my birthday. Hopefully, I'll have thawed out by this time tomorrow. It was abso-feckin'-lutely freezing today. A draw seemed a fair outcome and TBH I would have snatched your hand off if I was offered 1-1 before the game.
I don't think Naismith fouled Hart having watched the highlights on TV. But, Naismith did attack the ball from an offside position so the decision to disallow was OK. I feel 1-1 was a fair result but I'm still frozen solid. The wind today was sharp enough to fillet fish.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Yea was offside. Given for foul on hart would be harsh, but in keeping w/the notion keepers are untouchable - defo didn't have control of ball, Naismith bumped into him & he spilled it...

Thought hart had had a good game until that moment, seemed to lose his head after that & culpable for the goal.

Jagielka slipped I think. Mangala's arm came don on his head looking for balance rather than maliciousness.

Great great goal from city - tho hint Fernandinho was behind the keeper when the shot was struck by silva?? Maybe not. Wonderful goal from start to finish, the kinda clinical passing that was missing from the Everton attack that broke down leading to city goal.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Hart played great but that was a stupid mistake from him. Great ball in but he's experienced enough to know better. Thought it was a great game but so disappointed to throw away a lead once again, need to cut that if we want to retain the title. All in all though, won 10 and drawn 2 in our last 12. Can't really argue with that form.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

I reckon utd will push for the title.

So many attacking options - like punting the ball up to Fellani.

It's a mystery how they have taken so many points (comparatively) from so many games when they have looked pretty much clueless.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

United have looked fairly good recently, though I missed yesterday's game. I am glad to see Southampton have fought back into the top 3 after their poor run, exciting season so far!
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

James T wrote:United have looked fairly good recently, though I missed yesterday's game. I am glad to see Southampton have fought back into the top 3 after their poor run, exciting season so far!
Not for us it hasn't.

I've not seen utd play well this season. Apparently they have the same number of points as they did under the Moyes last season - which is astonishing when you consider how many of those points have been the result of complete larceny, how much more positive press VGaal has got, and the £160m spent.
They only seem to be where they are due to how much Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton have regressed and what looks like absurd fortune from here - but it's not stopped some excitable fools talking up their title chances!

I almost wish that Southampton keep it up - except it would make the improbable chance of LFC taking a top-4 place even less likely.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

They have been awful in a number of games, but just recently I think they've played as well as city on a number of occasions. I guess it could be said no one is playing that great right now, even Chelsea have looked sluggish the past month.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Great cup tie last night with Everton and West Ham. Disappointed that Everton lost, but I'm glad we won't have to play them later if we progress .
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

James T wrote:Great cup tie last night with Everton and West Ham. Disappointed that Everton lost, but I'm glad we won't have to play them later if we progress .
What a great game that was. Can't remember the last time I was so wound up and tense watching a match on the TV.

Why is McGeady getting a game for Everton? He seems pretty unreliable to me......
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I really don't rate him. I'm not sure what you paid for him, but surely there was better options. All clubs sign a few duds though. Like... erm.. Jo.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

think they picked mcgeady up on a bosman? i know some crazy russians bought him for like £9mil back when he first broke @ celtic.

he is near enough useless tho. worse than that for everton last night, a liability.
game improved immeasurably once he got sent off. was a cracking cup tie. so was the first draw too actually.
tho i still wouldn't watch a league match between those two.. :wink:
gonna burn brightly
for a while