This message board

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spzretent
Site Admin

This message board

Post by spzretent »

For what is worth I had no idea just how big a part of my life this message board has become. I felt like I was going thru withdrawl the past three+ days. Especially after seeing two shows in that time period and wanting to post my thoughts/setllist etc.

Its kind of bizarre to think I have made some really good friends on this message board that I haven't met in person...yet! Thats the internet for you. Others I have met and those encounters continue to be an absolute pleasure. Some I have known since my record retail days which I just flashed back to Friday night in Detroit. Some continue to be very close friends.

It really is a unique message board. A wealth of extremely varied musical taste and amazing recommendations. People kind of look at me like i'm nuts when I give them comps of bands I have found out about here. I tell them I need go no further than just the Spiritualized message board to satisfy my musical exploration.

So thank you to all of you who make this board what it is.

Us Mods are going to make sure there are no more glitches in the future where something like this occurs. Or at least try our very hardest.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
sm-iom
Known user

Re: This message board

Post by sm-iom »

Appreciated...

Just a thought. With site down, didn't know where to look for info as to whether it was me or the site. Perhaps a mention on the @officialspzd twitter feed may be an answer? I use another forum which does similar (although they have problems all the time!)

Best, and thanks to all the mods and contributors.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yeah, must admit it was quite weird having the site down for so long. The Mrs even mentioned at one point..."hasn't it come back on yet!" when she noticed how agitated I was :roll: :oops: ! Just goes to show what a great message board this is and how much it is missed when it (very rarely) goes awol. Thanks to all who run in, manage it and generally make it what it is.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Quite a problem this message board has become for me. I didn't realize the extent of my withdraw potential until the weekend and I echo the comments made. A great place for all things music. Thanks to all of you for the never ending contributions, debates, and recommendations. And especially to Modlab for getting the fix back on :twisted: 8)
I think I feel it coming on
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Alan, my sentiments exactly! This board is easily the best music forum I have come across. I stress "music forum" because I think this board stretches far beyond being just another "band forum". This says a lot about Spiritualized and their fans. It's like a pub where good conversations are started and shared and it's always nice to spend it with other heads who love and appreciate music as much as I do.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I too am very pleased, and agree with redcloud that this MUSIC FORUM has great advantages over others I have seen. I too, like Alan, have made friends, although I have never met them; it is wonderful to be able to share views on a number of things, but for me, the primary reason is the MUSIC. I REALLY LOVE the "what (music) have you purchased lately"; it has expanded my Arkiv, and the number of people I communicate with regularly; I also like to share recordings and labels and so on that maybe unknown to some on the site. I too was bothered when the site was down; I was so used to sending a note, or offering an idea or opinion, or piece of music, or LEARNING of a new piece of music, that I kept checking to see if it was on!

The Design of this site is Exceptional, as are the people who visit it; I am very happy to be a member of this "community".
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Every so often someone from here does something so magical and thoughtful, that i realise all over again how wonderful this place truely is, even when the music of Spiritualized divides opinion! As already mentioned by others, not only does it provide me with my main source of new and unknown music, the people and community spirit excels every other website i know of.

I love this place

J
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

yah... agreed.
i'm quite attached to this place!
i'm never online these days, but when i am it's: email, a few friends' things, and this message board.

yeah, it was wild having it down the day before the boston show.
where were my invisible friends? right before the show?!
i wanted to read what you all had to say about nyc and etc...
and now i can.
so thanks for fixing, mods!

and hallo to you two on this thread whom i have met,
hope to see you again sometime, some other show... next album!

i try to tell my friends it's not just about spiritualized!
there's so much more music, and otherwise.
but they don't believe me.
:D
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Hello Ro!
You ok?
Things ticking along in Detroit.
A
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)