To James T

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

James T
Known user

Re: To James T

Post by James T »

They just posted another video and 30 seconds in it features a few seconds close up of my sister sat down inside crying with 10 minutes to go.... great stuff.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

runcible wrote:
solarflarez wrote:At the risk of being facetious....productivity in Runcibles teams' city must be at an all time low now then? :wink:
Boom boom! Ha! You may be right on that, although this will bring in the next mystery which is that Leeds is swimming with multi-millionaire businessmen who could buy the football club with their pocket change, but no one does. I met 2 of those same business guys I had that meal with in 1992 a year or so ago and they listed a whole load of extremely rich people who might well have bought Leeds Utd and were surprised they hadn't.

I'll take a risk here and say that your determination to see the downside of all this rather reflects Villa's season, no? :wink:
touché for the Villa comment :) it was a very, very depressing season and a very unpleasant couple of weeks right at the end there :( as for buying a football club, im no businessman, but isnt it a bad business move? I dont know , but isnt running a club a sure fire way to lose money? or if you want sucess its a very very risky venture? Im not being sarcastic or argumentative, but isnt that a big reason for your clubs decline? Spent millions trying to win the european cup, failed, left with massive debts
and did you see the story of lad who "stole" the ball at the end of the man city game during the pitch invasion? city got him arrested after looking at cctv so they could get their ball back, it wasnt THE ball, how many balls do a massive club like that have dotted around the pitch on match day?
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Turned out to be a very good Champions League Title game ! Crickey, I couldn't believe that Schwerztiner (spelling?) missed that penalty kick, you know that Drogba will make his.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

dull game. chelsea bored their way to the title. whatever happened to football?
Last edited by The Dr on Sun May 20, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

That was absolutely HORRIBLE

I am DISRAUGHT

It's SADDENING on MANY levels

a vile club like Chelsea undeservedly triumphing is a reaffirmation of all that's wrong w/football

& the british media will paint it a heroic display, when all they've displayed in the final & semi-final is in fact a cowardly villainous approach.
so many things to be sad about... sport is fucking brilliant, football is fucking shite.
except for last week.

the whole summer ruined (unless the euro's are good, but you know now they won't be)
champions of europe?! what a FARCE. they're everything that's WRONG about europe & football.
they're a bunch of fucking jerks, ruining it for the rest of us
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

spacemanrich wrote:Turned out to be a very good Champions League Title game ! Crickey, I couldn't believe that Schwerztiner (spelling?) missed that penalty kick, you know that Drogba will make his.

that's one of the many tragic stories of the final - schweinsteiger carries such a burden. he finished excellently his pen vs madrid in the semi, couldn't bear to watch robben's pen tonite & looked very nervous, hesitant & uncertain when taking his own pen. ultimately history will, perhaps unfairly, judge him harshly compared to the bayern greats that went before. i still love him tho.

Drogba by comparison has often been a liability in finals - getting sent off, missing 3 crucial penalties for his country over two african nations cup finals. but tonite found the purest redemption. he should retire, it'll nvr get better for him.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

They didnt deserve to win it, (for Drogbas display in the semi final first leg alone) , but hey, thats football
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Caught John Terry being interviewed at the end of the game, stripped as if ready to take part, going on about what a fantastic win it was... went on to speak about how he was disappointed about not being able to take part :roll: and the interviewer pandering to him with sympathy...

He didn't take part because he is a fucking bad-tempered bastard and so far from the model professional that i'm suprised they even thought about interviewing him. He didn't take part because of his own actions. He has no one to blame but himself. Annoyed me to see him showing off his shiny medal...
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Agree with you Laz. Terry is an unpleasant individual. Wish he'd been dropped from the Euros.

I'm not fan of Chelsea, but they defended incredibly. Going there and getting the win when Bayern were playing at home is a pretty amazing feat.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

Laz69 wrote:Caught John Terry being interviewed at the end of the game, stripped as if ready to take part, going on about what a fantastic win it was... went on to speak about how he was disappointed about not being able to take part :roll: and the interviewer pandering to him with sympathy...

He didn't take part because he is a fucking bad-tempered bastard and so far from the model professional that i'm suprised they even thought about interviewing him. He didn't take part because of his own actions. He has no one to blame but himself. Annoyed me to see him showing off his shiny medal...
yeah i agree. i can't stand united but you didn't see scholes or keane in 99 sitting on the bench and then putting on their kits and going 'it was so unfair' and lifting the title. i think both even rejected their medals. why was terry suspended? he kicked someone in the back of the leg off the ball because the person was better than him. but hey ho, whatever happens joey barton will always be paid tens of thousands so why expect more from a vile sub-species (speaking of english players- spanish, french, sweedish, most of the others seem able to generally behave)

germany for the euros

James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Well done to chelsea. They played poor football all the way through the season, but if you can come from behind against napoli, beat barca (twice) and then beat munich at their home ground in the final...how can anyone say they dont deserve it? Hate Terry, glad he didn't get to take part. Well done to Drogba, always painted as a villain but does a lot less acting than half of those at Barca.

Still, I wanted Barca to win (after city got knocked out)...

For the record, I don't like Chelsea, but I hate Bayern. Talk about United being arrogant? Bayern epitomise arrogance.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Most others seem to behave? Di Canio with his Nazi salute? Suarez with his biting other players and generally being a cunt everywhere he goes? Pedro (and Busquets) deserving an oscar after every game? Ribery and those other chaps getting involved with underage prostitutes? Van Persie getting away with rape (hey he's got the money)? Kluivert knocking a man down dead?

Crazy.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

James T wrote:Most others seem to behave? Di Canio with his Nazi salute? Suarez with his biting other players and generally being a cunt everywhere he goes? Pedro (and Busquets) deserving an oscar after every game? Ribery and those other chaps getting involved with underage prostitutes? Van Persie getting away with rape (hey he's got the money)? Kluivert knocking a man down dead?

Crazy.
yeah, but generally the smaller profile ones are better behaved-see euro and world cups (discount france,holland etc). my club were relagated to league one and it was blamed on too many egos, for a championship club??? crazy

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

there's reports that when barton was sent off his teammate said 'take someone with you' so aparently he was a **** to try to get a city player sent off also. what nice fellows :D i hate everything that does not involve the beautiful game

jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Tevez started that tho. He raised a fist to Barton's head & shoulda been sent-off also...

There prob are lots of decent, honest people playing football. We just never get to see or hear of them because of the scandals of the disreputable.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I don't like Tevez, he is a bit of a pick. However, there is no way he started that or did anything to Barton on purpose. I have watched that guy play football every time he pulled on a city shirt and often when he played for united. He often gets very close to the defender before trying to jump round in front, he got too close and the actions his arms took caught barton SLIGHTLY. It was maybe a free kick, never a booking or a red. Barton is just an idiot. I saw him in a city shirt for long enough and he did some absolutely bizarre things.

Well done to Montpellier last night, they played an outstanding season. Wanted PSG to win the league but french football is a crazy thing.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The Dr wrote:
Laz69 wrote:Caught John Terry being interviewed at the end of the game, stripped as if ready to take part, going on about what a fantastic win it was... went on to speak about how he was disappointed about not being able to take part :roll: and the interviewer pandering to him with sympathy...

yeah i agree. i can't stand united but you didn't see scholes or keane in 99 sitting on the bench and then putting on their kits and going 'it was so unfair' and lifting the title. i think both even rejected their medals.
Spot on. I knew the cunt would go up and parade around as if he was responsible for it all. At least Keane and Scholes claimed that they didn't really feel part of it in '99 because they hadn't played in the final itself.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I don't have much time for Keane since he deliberately broke someones leg.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

James T wrote:I don't have much time for Keane since he deliberately broke someones leg.
I've never had time for Keane - an odious wanker - but I think he failed to break Alfe Haaland's leg in actual fact although he had a mighty good attempt. Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzEGkmY-Vio
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

runcible wrote:
James T wrote:I don't have much time for Keane since he deliberately broke someones leg.
I've never had time for Keane - an odious wanker - but I think he failed to break Alfe Haaland's leg in actual fact although he had a mighty good attempt. Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzEGkmY-Vio
me neither which makes his stance more impressive (but only compared with 'mr chelsea')

James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Well he failed in breaking it proper, but he ended the guys career and admitted it was on purpose. Shocking.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

solarflarez wrote:did you see the story of lad who "stole" the ball at the end of the man city game during the pitch invasion? city got him arrested after looking at cctv so they could get their ball back, it wasnt THE ball, how many balls do a massive club like that have dotted around the pitch on match day?
Just been a thing about this on the city site. The lad who took the ball got to return it today, meet the england squad, have a look round the ground and joe hart gave him his gloves. Not bad eh?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

James, belated congrats on the title. I may have been a bit harsh in my previous post but I still get so disheartened that the two most heavily financed clubs in the UK (if not the World) have just won the Premier League and Champions League. I guess it was always inevitable, but I just always hoped that football would not turn out this way. The days since Cloughie could take a mediocre team to two successive European cup successes seems such a long time ago. Yes, Man City are not the only ones to blame in this whole sorry saga but they certainly have helped take it to a whole new level.

As for the last game of the season itself, I was away on a weekend trip to Dublin over that weekend and only managed to see the first half of the Man U v Sunderland game. Think both Man U and Man City were 1-0 up when we had to leave to catch the plane back home. Just as we were leaving the pub there was a big cheer as QPR equalised (there's such a massive Man U fanbase over in the Emerald Isle...fucking glory hunters!!!). As we got the bus to the airport I checked my mobile to see the latest only to find that QPR had Barton sent off (what a total knob head!) but had taken the lead. At this point there was only 5 mins of the game left so presumed it was Man U's title. Imagine my surprise when I got to the bar at the airport to see the Man City players celebrating with the captions declaring that it was in fact they that had lifted the title. I can't say I wasn't a little gutted.... but then, fair play to doing a United to United with 2 goals in stopage time.

Anyway, we can go on about the wrongs and rights about your team and the way they've won the title, but at the end of the day, I guess the most exciting team of the season won the league so well done. I'm sure you've enjoyed the whole experience James. Talking of which, there was a massive feature on Man City in last Saturday's Guardian which, if you haven't already read it James, I'd be more than happy to post on to you. I haven't read it myself so can't comment on it either way but its yours if you want it. No hard feelings mate.
Last edited by Shinesalight on Sat May 26, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Shinesalight wrote:JAs we got the bus to the airport I checked my mobile to see the latest only to find that QPR had Barton sent off (what a total knob head!) but had taken the league.
Blimey - I must have missed that particular twist!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

oops... now that would have been a big turnaround! :lol: :oops: Have edited my post and amended "league" to "lead"... think that may make more sense now!
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

James T wrote:Well he failed in breaking it proper, but he ended the guys career and admitted it was on purpose. Shocking.
Roy Keane did not end Haaland's career. He retired in 2003 due to ongoing problems with his left knee. Roy Keane caught his right knee with that foul.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Haaland doesn't seem to agree - "The knee still hurts, that isn't going to go away. I have to accept that. Did that tackle end my career? Well, I never played a full game again, did I? It seems like a great coincidence, don't you think?"
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

And thanks for the thanks, shinesalight!
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

James T wrote:Haaland doesn't seem to agree - "The knee still hurts, that isn't going to go away. I have to accept that. Did that tackle end my career? Well, I never played a full game again, did I? It seems like a great coincidence, don't you think?"

Think you might find this interesting from Wikipedia:
After this revelation, Keane's received an additional 5 game ban, and £150,000 fine. Håland retired through injury in 2002, although he claimed on his website that this was not caused by Keane's tackle.

It seems that Haaland cant decide whether or not keano ended his career and everytime he is approached on the sbject he changes his tune to suit the time and place.

And several players have done what Keano did. Have you heard about the black book?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Not heard anything about it. I think Keane is a horrid guy, especially when I see players like De Jong going in for a tackle honestly and getting a lot of stick for it. I mean, he certainly should've seen red in the world cup final, but I still don't think he did it purposefully.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

i've never seen de jong go in honestly for a tackle, honestly.

fwiw keane was 10 times the player de jong was.

he was still a knob, a bully & worse. but he was a great footballer.

re: de jong, he's simply a nasty spoiler. i've rarely seen him contribute anything positive. he's petty, mean & violent & p much all he does is try to destroy.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

jack white wrote:i've never seen de jong go in honestly for a tackle, honestly.

fwiw keane was 10 times the player de jong was.

he was still a knob, a bully & worse. but he was a great footballer.

re: de jong, he's simply a nasty spoiler. i've rarely seen him contribute anything positive. he's petty, mean & violent & p much all he does is try to destroy.
van bommel too