Eclipse!

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Hofstadter
Known user

Eclipse!

Post by Hofstadter »

In case yall don't know: solar eclipse is beginning right now!! The easiest way to view it without special glasses is to take a piece of cardboard, poke a hole in it with a nail or something like that to create a little pinhole lens, sit with your back to the sun and hold up the pinhole and a surface for the light to be focused onto - as the eclipse progresses, you should see a crescent forming. Sorry if that explanation didn't make sense.

And of course, you know what song this will be already, but what else would there be to link to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlHRSpFGtQk
nickh
Known user

Re: Eclipse!

Post by nickh »

Oh god, for one awful minute I thought you had posted a link to Bonnie Tyler (and I am not going to post that link, you really don’t want to hear this song).

I am envious of you for getting to see the eclipse. The biggest one we had a few years ago was spoilt a bit by the typically murky British weather and we didn’t really get the full effect.
Chris Barrus
Known user

Post by Chris Barrus »

The tree in my front yard acted as a makeshift pinhole projector and got a nice picture of the crescent sun.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

That's rad! I was hoping the trees in front of my house would do that, but the angle just wasn't right.

Unfortunately I did not take this one, but my friend sent it to me last night - he had the brilliant idea to use a colander to view the eclipse - it's pretty darn cool.