Favorite Album Covers

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

nghst
Known user

Favorite Album Covers

Post by nghst »

I thought of these four. I like really like ones with a message, not just abstract.

This one is by a Christian artist I listened to growing up. It's a Biblical image, but I think it transcends.

And these 3 from Rage Against the Machine. I think they hit the jackpot in choosing an image each time.
jadams501
Known user

Re: Favorite Album Covers

Post by jadams501 »

Perhaps it's my contempt for their music and politics, but i personally don't think much of the rage against the machine covers. My faves are Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs, abbey road, lazer guided melodies, storm in heaven, wave by antonio carlos jobim's wave, and surely others i'm not thinking of right now.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

What can I say? I'm a pig.
Attachments
ween.jpg
ween.jpg (9.33 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

angelsighs wrote:we've done this recently..
http://ideensynthese.de/spiritualized/v ... =1&t=10918
Sorry, I totally missed that! :oops:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I like this thread with attachments better.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I have always enjoyed the band "Harpers Bizarre"; and I was a bit surprised when this particular "As Time Goes By"
showed up; but, "Anything Goes"!
The last track is "Ride'm Cowboy"; I think that explains the chic Western Film attire.

(Pink Floyd's "A Saucerful of Secrets" came to mind, and a dozen more; but this was one of the more obscure.
I hope that it is not TOO piggish, as we tend to be a bit more prudish in the US for a variety of reasons;
but I do enjoy a good western. And a Great Ride).
Attachments
Harpers Bizarre 001crop2090.jpg
Harpers Bizarre 001crop2090.jpg (21.86 KiB) Viewed 2766 times
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

nghst wrote:
angelsighs wrote:we've done this recently..
http://ideensynthese.de/spiritualized/v ... =1&t=10918
Sorry, I totally missed that! :oops:
no worries, I was just being lazy really and couldn't be bothered to type out my favourites again :)
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Favorite Album and Single Covers

Post by semisynthetic »

There are SO MANY beautifully done packages and covers; it is difficult to pick even 1000 only!

I was impressed with the lenticular cover of The 13th Floor Elevators Box Set; V. Nice; and the lenticular cover of The Stranglers "The Raven", another Excellent cover for a GREAT album.

Over the years, I have purchased many recordings FOR the artwork, and have found, (with exceptions of course), that a band that takes the time and tedium to get the artwork RIGHT, will often be a band I enjoy for their music. On the other hand, there are many examples of beautifully packaged crap.
It is interesting to see the evolution of artwork; from the simplicity of The Beatles "I Want to Hold Your Hand" b&w single, to the psychedelia of Art & Colors of say, "Oobla-dee, Obla-dah", especially the Japanese release(s), complete with accidental mispellings :D; which I always find as an interesting variation, [ESPECIALLY with US and UK Releases]! :D

I am including here, a (color) Promo Pic Slv of the Pink Floyd's FIRST SINGLE; (the commercial releases were simply black and white) for the artwork, which is, let us say, "minimalist"; for what humble beginnings grew into; we are all probably familiar with much of Storm Thurgenson's Artwork from later years, far more complex than this simple little ["Arnold Layne" and "Let's Roll Another One" (Candy and a Currant Bun). Tower 333 preview-disc (USA)].
"The Light Kings of England, Roger, Nick, Syd, Rick THE PINK FLOYD..........Arnold Layne". (The protective Mylar has affected the tone of this image of the sleeve w/ some darkening of "PINK", but you get the Idea; Simplicity). The Image is the same on BOTH sides of the sleeve.
Attachments
1967 promo; Pink Floyd; (First Release) "Arnold Layne" w/ "Let's Roll another One" (Candy and a Currant Bun).
1967 promo; Pink Floyd; (First Release) "Arnold Layne" w/ "Let's Roll another One" (Candy and a Currant Bun).
ArnoldLayne 001PinkF2090.jpg (25.1 KiB) Viewed 2729 times
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus