Where are you from?

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Dreamweapon
Known user

Where are you from?

Post by Dreamweapon »

Without wanting to infiltrate anyone's personal space, I was wondering where people are in the world. I know there are loads of people in the UK and USA, but was thinking about how wide the Spz fan base was.

Again, sorry to the moderators and the board if that IS too personal.
Laz69
Known user

Re: Where are you from?

Post by Laz69 »

Bellshill, Central Scotland... hometown of Teenage Fanclub :D , BMX Bandits 8) and , erm, Sheena Easton... :oops:
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. After high school I left Cleveland and moved around a lot and even spent 14 years in England. I now call Portland, Oregon home. I love Portland and do not see myself leaving it in the foreseeable future, if ever. But, Cleveland is, and always will be, "where I am from".
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Rochdale. What a place.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

Corby, Northamptonshire, UK, an ex shit-hole thats gradually improving ......once home of the Spacemen 3 fanclub :).....their ex managers business is at the end of my street, and im pretty sure its his son that sells Spacemen vinyl from there
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Braunston, Northamptonshire. Famous for its canals. Slap in between Daventry, a crap town I went to school in, and Rugby, a much nicer town I went drinking in. I have lived in Liverpool for 17 years which is a great city, full of parks.

I have a feeling Spiritualized might be more popular in the US than the UK these days, certainly the US shows seemed to sell out, where I don't think the UK ones did.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Dublin first, what a dump that was in the 1970s and 1980s. Then New York and Boston for a while, five years in the UK, followed by 17 years in Australia. Now in Liverpool, totally agree with Clewsr about the parks here.....
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

clewsr wrote:
I have a feeling Spiritualized might be more popular in the US than the UK these days, certainly the US shows seemed to sell out, where I don't think the UK ones did.
Keep in mind the size of the venues. The Portland show has sold out but the Wonder ballroom holds just under 800.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Montreal, Canada 14 years > New Jersey 9 years > San Francisco 7 years > Germany / UK / US for the last 10 years ( but mostly in Stuttgart )

B,

M
Design.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Galway city on the west coast of Ireland. Haven't lived there since 1996 having spent time in London, Auckland and travelling. Living in Dublin the last 12 years, good city.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Guess I should have added mine, since I kicked this off. I'm in Bolton, having come from Stoke originally with time in between in Leamington Spa and then briefly Wolverhampton.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

From Brighton down on the South Coast and, apart from brief spells in Kingston-Upon-Thames for Uni and a nightmare time in rural Ireland with an ex, I've always been here. I love it here and can highly recommend it to everyone. Good vibe, gigs a plenty and there's always London village on hand if certain bands chose not to visit us down here. :wink:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone