What Gets You High?

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

nghst
Known user

What Gets You High?

Post by nghst »

For me its coffee, music, and posting stuff online, preferably all three at once. I also get a high from working in the garden, especially watching the plants grow, not as much the work part. I've planted carrots, pumpkins, sunflowers and some other varieties of flowers so far this year and none of them have come up yet. I go out each day hoping to see them poking out of the ground. Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be the day.
solarflarez
Known user

Re: What Gets You High?

Post by solarflarez »

marijuana, music, love.....but last year, i also got into the gardening bug, got a little greenhouse, did some tomatoes and chillis, maybe a little herbage :) this year, 3 greenhouses, tomatoes, chillis, courgettes, sweetcorn, onions, leeks, herbs etc etc , oh sunflower competition with my 9 yr old boy ( hes winning ) :) ive attache a pic from last week, and after 4 days of beautiful weather, things are going crazy! its addictive watching all your plants grow, sounds corny and boring, but i love it
Attachments
greenhouse 20052012.jpg
greenhouse 20052012.jpg (59.19 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Nice greenhouse!

For me cycling gives a great rush of endorphins, even running is working too. Managed 5k last week in less than half an hour, which I was well chuffed with. Not fast, I know, but not too bad for an unfit smoker.

Oh, and smoking a special cigarette afterwards, of course.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Man, this thread has made me and Mrs Shines chuckle as I have just become a new vegetable growing addict too!!! I will try and take some snaps of my green-fingered handywork and put them up. Been tinkering in the greenhouse this morning... like most things I get into, I have become pretty obsessed. Currently growing carrots, lettuce, pak choi, onions, leeks, spinach, rocket, tomatoes, cucumbers, courgettes, peas, broad beans, potatoes, french beans, peppers, chilies & sweetcorn. After years of saying that it'd be something that I'd never be interested, I have found my new pet love. :D

Oh, and I also love buying and listening to vinyl if I haven't already mentioned that in pretty much every other post I've written in the last 9 months or so! :roll:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Making love with my wife (just being honest, folks!), perusing good record stores, scoring that really hard to find/long sought after album, live music and art.

I also love it when a kid makes a huge break through either academically, artistically, intellectually or athletically. That's a special moment.

I also want to say the Browns and the Indians (Cleveland sports) but...they seem to cause me more pain and frustration. Especially the Browns.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

progress report, well one week of blue skies and warm temps has got my plants a big growth spurt!! my garden is a work in progress....aint a millionare so its all done in bits and bobs and will take me maybe two more years to get how i want it but its a vast improvement on two years ago....anyway heres some pics....shinesalight, cmon , post some pics! ha ha
Attachments
strawberries in baskets
strawberries in baskets
d.jpg (60.8 KiB) Viewed 4169 times
c.jpg
c.jpg (66.92 KiB) Viewed 4169 times
sweetcorn, sunflowers, courgettes
sweetcorn, sunflowers, courgettes
a.jpg (72.34 KiB) Viewed 4169 times
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Very impressive Solarflarez. I was working in the garden from about 8 till nearly 10 last night. Loving it but am starting to develop a genuine hatred of slugs and snail!!! :twisted: :x

We're currently turning the Shines household upside down looking for the lead to connect the camera to the laptop. As soon as we find it I will whack some pics up.

Keep on gardening! :wink:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Ok, so I've finally found the lead for the camera but now I can't work out how to add some pics to my post. Every time I choose one it comes up with "file too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB" ??!! :?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

shines.....what i gotta do is upload pics onto myspace, then save them back to my documents, then upload THEM saved pics to here.....im not good with computers and this is my method, if anyone else knows a better way???
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Still haven't managed to solve the problem of getting photos uploaded on to this site (any ideas mods)?

Though, going back to the original subject matter, seeing my unborn baby at our 12 week scan last week certainly ranks up there with great life moments... that really got me high :D Think I might have to start reigning in the crazy vinyl purchases soon though :shock:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Shinesalight wrote:Still haven't managed to solve the problem of getting photos uploaded on to this site (any ideas mods)?
When you post there is a tab that says 'upload attachment' - click on that and choose and add your file. If it is massive it will look very large so it's best to edit the picture before to make it a smaller size. Normally works...

Nice one on the scan - takes me back somewhat! Hope it all goes well!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

runcible wrote:Nice one on the scan - takes me back somewhat! Hope it all goes well!
Cheers Runcible. Exciting time ahead. :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone