Phaser

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Taiwan Beer
Known user

Phaser

Post by Taiwan Beer »

Does anyone remember Phaser? Awesome band, mid 90's, very Spz influenced (imho). They had a beautiful track 'Sway'. I found their 'Sway' CD on Amazon for only 90p! Highly recommended. Have a look, you won't be disappointed.
jadams501
Known user

Re: Phaser

Post by jadams501 »

I have Sway and similarly picked it up at a substantial discount, a number of years ago. Some really good tracks on there, notably Sway, Sweet Marie, Would You Believe, and a few others. Definitely a strong Spiritualized influence, with a bit more of a country flavor.

I think Phaser only had the one album. A guy I know on another forum said he had some b-sides, but has never put them online. If anybody has any of their other stuff I'd love to hear it.

BTW, perhaps this thread should be in the general music section?
Alex English
Known user

Re: Phaser

Post by Alex English »

Back when I lived in DC around 2000-2002, they used to drink in my local and play around town quite a bit. I actually saw them open for Spiritualized in 2003 at the 9:30 Club. They put out an ep prior to Sway called the Skydive EP which is quite good and the Sleeper EP after Sway. One of the brothers went on to form Dead Heart Bloom after Phaser as well.