2012 Olympics (London)

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

jack white
Known user

Re: 2012 Olympics (London)

Post by jack white »

u should start getting used to that feeling Hofstader! :p

nah, you shouldn't. forever young, mate!

i don't 'get' the hurdles at all. it just seems needlessly complicated. you're running fast & jumping over obstacles as well? why?!
i suppose it could be said for a lot of sports, but i just don't get what the hurdles is meant to measure or represent. it just seems really sore & annoying! why would anyone voluntarily put themselves thru that?! & for 400m?! oh man. yea i'd rather sit on my fat ass definitely.
i was watching the 110m hurdles there & the amount of guys who crashed into them and/or DNF was nuts. pardon the pun.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

The worst best "Hurdles" race EVER!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ4fA_nwnZ0
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

The ref in the Canada/USA women's soccer ball game was a wanker! The Canucks were robbed!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

jack white wrote:The ref in the Canada/USA women's soccer ball game was a wanker! The Canucks were robbed!
Thank you. A Canadian that is quite upset...

B,

M
Design.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Laz69 wrote:The worst best "Hurdles" race EVER!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ4fA_nwnZ0
Haha that's amazing
That one boy has the right idea. They were all quite shit tho.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

MODLAB wrote:
jack white wrote:The ref in the Canada/USA women's soccer ball game was a wanker! The Canucks were robbed!
Thank you. A Canadian that is quite upset...

B,

M

jeez i'm not surprised. that was heartbreaking. they were the better team, played better football, scored a couple of great goals & then to have it ruined by three appalling referee decisions. it's unfair.
@ this level incompetent people shouldn't have so much influence. firstly penalising the keeper for too many steps or whatever was just bizarre, then the penalty was an incredible & supremely harsh decision & then playing the extra min of injury time in extra time.. you can't compete w/that incompetence. it's not a level playing field. it's not fair. the referee beat them rather than the americans imo. & it makes it even more sad given the way the canadian's played, they were brilliant & more than deserved a chance at a penalty shootout. they would be in the final if it had been any other referee probably.
fucking football! more pain than it's worth..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Great drama @ the woman's beam atm. Just watching the flying squirrel.. Ah she's not as impressive as the two Chinese girls, ah & now she's fallen that's a shame.

But the real story is in the Chinese camp. The first girl was great only to be displaced by her teammate. & now the tears are dripping down her face. She's been quietly sobbing for the best part of ten mins now! All the while her teammate is sat beside her ice cold.
The rest of the competitors have been weak in comparison... I like to think myself a bit of a gymnastics expert after these last two weeks!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

The football ref is being mentioned here on sports radio too.

Anyone out there think Federer pulled a badminton move and "didn't try his hardest" in the gold medal match. That too has been mentioned a fair bit. I have never seen him play like that. Ever.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

he defo wasn't at his best. but i wouldn't say he didn't try his best. maybe it was all he was capable of on the day. maybe he just didn't want to win as badly as he does grand slams & therefore wasn't in peak condition. & he had something like 5 matches in 6 days (even if they were only best of 3 sets).

anyone see the men's high bar? that was fucking AMAZING! so much fun, damn entertaining. wish they had to do two or three routines. really great stuff. & a deserved winner to - from what i could tell, of course..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

and don't forget the Del Potro match that went 19:17 in the 3rd set. He was off and flat footed chasing some balls in
the corners.

The ladies football match was a shame. What can you do.

B,

M
Design.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

jack white wrote:Great drama @ the woman's beam atm. Just watching the flying squirrel.. Ah she's not as impressive as the two Chinese girls, ah & now she's fallen that's a shame.
Spoiler!! Remember us folk over here don't have it shown live. I have to wait until 8pm Pacific Time to watch it and even then they probably wont show it until 10 or 11pm.

I did watch the uneven bars last night and Douglas placed last. I think Gabby Douglas performed much better when she was the under dog. Now that she has won the All Around gold she had too much expectation.

Having watched most of the gymnastics I think she definitely deserved her gold though. She was excellent that night. I also think it's fair to say the American team deserved their gymnastics gold. The Russians and the Romanians fell on both the vault and the beam that night while the USA girls were superb on all events.

Regarding the soccer...I only saw highlights and of course NBC's highlights only showed the goals and then went to the final 40 seconds of ET. If that is the case with poor reffing...what a shame. I do think they (USA women's soccer) need to come down to earth. Perhaps this scare was it? Maybe they just need to eat humble pie and lose? One thing for sure...their excessive celebrations are lame and an embarrassment.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

MODLAB wrote:
Yep. Just ask the 1972 US Mens Basketball team.
http://www.sportshistory.us/1972.html

Yesterday wasn't the first time a team got screwed and it wont be the last. As long as refs and human error are in the equation its bound to happen.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

spzretent wrote:
MODLAB wrote:
Yep. Just ask the 1972 US Mens Basketball team.
http://www.sportshistory.us/1972.html

Yesterday wasn't the first time a team got screwed and it wont be the last. As long as refs and human error are in the equation its bound to happen.
That was the worst error in all of Olympic history in my opinion. I still cannot fathom how blatant the error was.

This (Canada vs USA) will go up in the top 5... Poor Japanese bantam weight boxer was robbed too.

Sad to see... but human error is human error...

M
Design.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

In my opinion, football adds nothing to the Olympic experience. I hear golf is going to be included in future games (or at least there's talk about it) and I don't see what that will add either.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Aye golf'll be @ Rio Olympics

Apologies re: spoilers

P crap high-jump comp going on
Ukhov's a bit of a rock star tho. Misplaced his top, jumped in his tshirt & that head of hair!!

Love seeing those big europeans in the discus etc. makes me feel connected to the continent. Proud to be European when the guys (& girls) from Estonia etc fucking get going! They get to show their passion more than the other sports, those big guttural howls, throwing all their weight into it.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

The decathletes are up there with the US swimming team :D

Seriously though, I was glad the heptathlon got a lot of coverage here thanks to Jess Ennis's brilliant gold medal, but it bugs me that generally the heptathlon and decathlon pretty much get ignored and it's all about the sprint races. They may not be the best at each individual disciplines but they still achieve performances that most of us can only dream of in hugely different disciplines. (No wonder they're so fit etc..)

Oh and dodgy refereeing/decisions etc.. I can tell the French weren't very happy with the Spanish basketball team conveniently collapsing in the last quarter vs Brazil so they could avoid playing the USA (getting France instead, who they went on to beat in the 1/4 finals yesterday). But then they aren't Chinese badminto players so apparently that's OK...
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

NBC is obsessed with volleyball. I think every US match (women's - both beach and court) has been shown almost in its entirety. I guess they think it will help with ratings. Sorry, but their excessive coverage of this sport has become boring. There is so much more they could be showing us. For example...I think I have only seen one of GB's gold medals in the Velodrome televised on NBC.

This channel really could not have done a worse job if they tried.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Went to BBC Scotland televisions studios to see edited highlights of the games recorded using the new super hi-vision cameras developed in Japan. 16 times better than HD (what we consider standard now) and with improved sounds (no longer 5.1 but 22.2!!!!!). Needless to say its not going to be in households for a few years and the fact that it has to be shown on a 300" screen at the moment is going to limit the number of households who get it anytime soon :lol: Apparently its the technological equivalent of the human eye (as near as the same definition as possible).

The comparisons shown in the initial demonstrations are really impressive as is the sound which blew me away. The main feature was about 20mins of the opening ceremony, 20mins of the athletics and 15mins of the cycling. The scope and level of detail was phenomenal. I could literally see the entire stadium, every head, camera flash, participant, light and everything else too. They showed the finale of the ceremony (fireworks and Pink Floyd) which was just breathtaking. Footage of Jessica Ennis and Mo Farah followed as did Usain Bolt's 100m final. The surround sound of the crowd's roar as the athlete's ran round the stadium was incredible too. Finale was Chris Hoy's final velodrome win. Again, incredible visuals and audio. i would have LOVED to watch the entire games like this as it really was the most impressive thing i've ever seen.

This is being screen here in Scotland, BBC studios in London, TV Museum in Bradford(?), Washington, Tokyo and Fukushima ( i think) in Japan... not sure if any of our stateside members are near Washington at all, but i would highly recommend going along if you can.

Now... how do we get Jason to film a show in Super Hi-Vision? :lol:
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

that sounds neat, but unobtainable. therefore, i wish you hadn't said anything! :p

just finished watching brasilol lose the football final to mexico. super sweet stuff. brasil were a shambles. overrated bunch of beach footballers. great for mexico.

the olympic football gets a bad rap imo. it's as legitimate as the basketball at the very least. i'd like the european countries to take it as seriously as the americans, but i don't think that's ever likely to happen.
ok the olympics should be the pinnacle of a certain sport, but as a tournament for young players & teams it's almost always been terrific entertainment (i remember falling in love w/hernan crespo & then he moved to parma & i feel in love w/him all over again!).
& that was great fun today. viva mexico!
& in fairness, could be the pinnacle for mexican football today. so it has it's virtues imo.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

jack white wrote: just finished watching brasilol lose the football final to mexico. super sweet stuff. brasil were a shambles. overrated bunch of beach footballers. great for mexico.
A friend of mine is Mexican...born and raised. Came to America with his wife in search of a better life. They originally went to SoCal but lived in a shit area and wanted to escape the gangs and crime. About 10 or so years ago they came to Oregon and have lived here ever since.

Long story short...he was in my neighborhood today and stopped by to say how happy he was with the Mexican team. The importance of this win for Mexico is huge. I think it is totally unfair for anybody to take Mexico's moment of glory away by saying Olympic soccer isn't the same level as World Cup or European Cup competition.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

i certainly don't mean to diminish their moment of glory - but c'mon, it's not the same level as the WC or Euro's.
the europeans are the best at soccer after all ;)
we just don't put as much stock in the olympic football as the america's.

it is a great victory for mexico & over brasil no less. but it's more akin to winning the copa america than the WC or Euro's, in terms of quality.

but yea, it is a feelgood victory. i'm delighted for them.
& they do love their football & it is great to see them have success on the international stage.

*****SPOILER ALERT******
re: athletics
p great 5000m men's final
*****SPOILER ALERT******

gonna burn brightly
for a while
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

jack white wrote:i certainly don't mean to diminish their moment of glory -
I know.
but c'mon, it's not the same level as the WC or Euro's.
the europeans are the best at soccer after all ;)
we just don't put as much stock in the olympic football as the america's.

it is a great victory for mexico & over brasil no less. but it's more akin to winning the copa america than the WC or Euro's, in terms of quality.

but yea, it is a feelgood victory. i'm delighted for them.
& they do love their football & it is great to see them have success on the international stage.
I think it is comparable to Olympic tennis vs Grand Slam Tennis Competition. I don't think too many people were taking Andy Murray's moment of glory away from him after his gold by saying it isn't the same as winning one of the Majors. If they were...it's unfair. Everybody knows that his goal is to win one of the Grand Slams (or all) and this was one step towards achieving it.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Spoiler Alert!!!!

Mo Farrah , Jamaican 4x100 ,another fantastic night of athletics...

and well done Mexico :)
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Ultimately, my big complaint with the Olympics this year has been the lack of diversity in coverage - I feel like NBC has only showed Swimming, Track and Field, Gymnastics, and some Volleyball. What makes the Olympics so much fun is being able to turn on the TV whenever, have multiple channels showing the Olympics, and have tons of weird, fun sports that you never get to see (granted you don't get to see those four I listed above, and they are cool and exciting, but you lose any sense of dynamics)! It's so much fun being able to watch the Olympics for hours on end, seeing totally new stuff the other time, and there's been no opportunity for that this year. On the other hand, it has meant I have been spending much more of time out doing stuff with other, real people, so perhaps this a good thing :lol:
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

NBC have been fucking horrible. I know we have written endlessly about them but quite honestly they have been shockingly bad. I saw a funny graphic that showed USA to London - less than 4,000 miles away and a 6 hour tape delay while Mars is over 155million miles away and the tape delay from the Rover was only 14 minutes!

Volleyball and diving seem to be the main events that are CONSTANTLY shown on NBC.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I stopped watching after the Opening Ceremonies. Except some live stuff.
I've even gone off the Today Show. They make me sick. Ramming Savannah Guthrie down our throats.
Sickening.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Bummed.
I was rooting for Spain in the mens basketball. They gave the US a game. Shame they couln't finish it off.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:Bummed.
I was rooting for Spain in the mens basketball. They gave the US a game. Shame they couln't finish it off.
They certainly made a good go at it. Very neck and neck until the 4th. Imagine how humbling that would have been for the USA team?

I saw the 5000m last night. Another great win for Farah. I was hoping his training partner and local Portland boy, Galen Rupp (silver medalist in 10,000m) would be there with him but he got boxed inside and couldn't get out.

Also saw GB's poster boy 10m diver win the bronze (Tom Daley). Good for him...have to say that he looks like he should be in my daughter's Tiger Beat magazine. Bet the teen girls love him over there.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Also have to say that I enjoyed Usain Bolt's electrifying performances. Shame he had to ruin it all with his Mohammed Ali style arrogance and boasting about being a legend etc. etc.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Really looking forward to the closing ceremony tonight. It's probably going to be a bit cheesy with talk of George Michael, The Spice Girls and all, but after such an incredible games I'm sure it's just going to be one giant celebration of all that has gone before. I started off pretty cynical before it all kicked off but was converted almost instantly after that incredible opening ceremony. Obviously, the fact that the UK team performed so well has made the games that much better but I have watched so many events with no home interest in too. In fact The Olympics coverage has been pretty much the only thing on the tele in the Shines household. It's going to be a bit strange with no Olympics coverage on when I get in from work tomorrow. I think the BBC coverage has been excellent so I feel sorry for our American board members who seem to have not had it so good.

Anyway, let's get ready for the party tonight. Sit back and enjoy the show.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

I will miss it too. & in spite of my earlier complaints the beeb have done a great job. I think they're making everything available to watch online also.

Maybe it's cause I've never lived in London but I'm finding this closing ceremony p crap so far. An inexorable pet shop boys song/performance, a slice of mawkish dadrock from ray davies.. del boy.. It's not for me. So far..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

So every Elbow song sounds the same, yea? & guy garvey is a crap singer w/a crap voice..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

It will take me a long time to recover from the horror I've witnessed tonight.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yeah, I must admit, that was pretty horrific as celebrations of British musical culture go. Low lights include:-

A double dose of the gob shite known as Jessie J
Brit-pop wannabies, The Kaiser Chiefs, pretending to be The Who
Russell Brand pretending to sing
Ditto Liam Gallagher
Some ginger teenager doing karaoke to Pink Floyd
And the bastards tempting us with appearances from Kate Bush and Bowie.

A bit of a let down really. Very disappointed :? :shock:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Shinesalight wrote:Yeah, I must admit, that was pretty horrific as celebrations of British musical culture go. Low lights include:-

A double dose of the gob shite known as Jessie J
Brit-pop wannabies, The Kaiser Chiefs, pretending to be The Who
Russell Brand pretending to sing
Ditto Liam Gallagher
Some ginger teenager doing karaoke to Pink Floyd
And the bastards tempting us with appearances from Kate Bush and Bowie.

A bit of a let down really. Very disappointed :? :shock:
It doesn't start on the West Coast until 7pm Pacific Time....not sure if I am tempted to watch 3.5 hours of it now.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Massively dissapointing, NOBODY should be aloud to mime, Jesus Christ even the Spice Girls sung live :!: Shame on you lennox :!:
'Remember, change is not good'
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

There's the real The Who.

@ least Rory has won brilliantly @ the golf to distract me from this nightmare..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I cant be cynical while watching these closing ceremonies.
I think all of Great Britain should take a bow.
These games we hosted without a hitch. No controversies except badminton. No scandals. No terrorist activity.
They were just spectacular.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I agree with spzretent regarding the games. Fine, fine job by Britain and London. They were extremely well done and showcased the best of Britain. The Opening Ceremony was creative and theatrical, the venues were outstanding, some tremendous moments in sports and the Closing Ceremony was...well, it was fun. Some pretty poor performances tonight but we were watching on tv. I'm sure if we were there it would have been more fun. But, Annie Lennox? I never got the Eurythmics the first time around. 30 years on and she is still as pretentious as ever. Russell Brand does nothing for me....Liam Gallagher looked like Eddie Munster and his voice was horrific and then there were several young musicians who I had no idea who they were (Jessie J? No idea. Also, who was singing "Wish You Were Here"?).

But, the party was clearly fun and a celebration of British pop culture. My only question is why they didn't somehow weave British art into their tapestry of all things British?

The only lame thing about these entire Olympics was the piss poor American coverage. GB definitely did well. Brazil have a lot to live up to but we know they will deliver. It's going to be very colorful carnival in Rio!
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

yea fair enough. a dodgy pop concert can't overshadow what was otherwise a fantastic event.

the youngster who did wish you were here was called ed sheeran.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Could not have said better myself!

Greg Baum, Sydney Morning Herald: "London, you didn't half do a decent job. These Olympics had Sydney's vibrancy, Athens's panache, Beijing's efficiency, and added British know-how and drollery. With apologies to Sydney, they might just represent a new PB [personal best] for the Olympics. They were superbly organised. The Olympic Park's setting, in one of Britain's poorest boroughs, proved inspired. Some Olympic sites become wasteland after the Games. This one began as wasteland and is now full of possibilities."

Was an amazing Olympics!

B,

M
Design.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Two weeks ago the world thought we were good at music and rubbish at sports...
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Felt sure Bowie would appear and do Heroes that would have been so fitting, but it wasn't to be :(
'Remember, change is not good'
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Set List:

1. Emeli Sande – 'Read All About It (Part III)'
2. Stomp! Choir – 'Because' by The Beatles
3. Julian Lloyd Webber playing to Timothy Spall as Winston Churchill.
4. 'God Save The Queen'
5. Madness - ‘Our House’
6. Blur’s 'Parklife', performed by Queen’s Guard band
7. Pet Shop Boys – 'West End Girls'
8. One Direction – 'What Makes You Beautiful'
9. Stomp
10. Spelbound (Britain's Got Talent winners) – The Beatles, ' A Day In The Life'
11. Ray Davies (The Kinks) – 'Waterloo Sunset'
12. Emeli Sande – 'Read All About It (Part III) '
13. National flags and the athletes
14. Elbow – 'Open Arms', 'One Day Like This'
15. Men’s Marathon Victory Ceremony, Uganda’s NA
16. The Beatles, 'Here Comes The Sun'
17. 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen, 'Imagine' by John Lennon
18. George Michael – 'Freedom' and 'White Light'
19. Kaiser Chiefs – 'Pinball Wizard' (originally by The Who)
20. David Bowie musical montage + supermodels including Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell
21. Annie Lennox – 'Little Bird'
22. Ed Sheeran – 'Wish You Were Here' (originally by Pink Floyd)
23. Russell Brand, 'Pure Imagination' and 'I Am The Walrus'
24. Fatboy Slim – 'Right Here, Right Now'
25. Jessie J – 'Price Tag '
26. Tinie Tempah – 'Written In The Stars' (feat. Jessie J)
27. Taio Cruz – 'Dynamite'
28. Jessie J, Tinie Tempah and Taio Cruz – 'You Should Be Dancing' (originally by Bee Gees)
29. Spice Girls – 'Spice Up Your Life' & 'Wannabe'
30. Liam Gallagher (Beady Eye) – 'Wonderwall' (Oasis)
31. Electric Light Orchestra – 'Mr. Blue Sky'
32. Eric Idle – 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life'
33. Muse – 'Survival'
34. Freddie Mercury (Old Wembley footage), Brian May on guitar, Queen – We Will Rock You (feat. Jessie J)
35. Speeches: Sebastian Coe, Jacques Rogge
36. Take That (minus Robbie Williams) – 'Rule The World'
37. Darcey Bussell (ballerina) – 'Spirit Of The Flame'
38. The Who – 'Baba O’Riley' & 'My Generation'

B,

M
Design.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

The icing on the cake was how well Team GB did. To give their own fans an Olympics they will never forget. Especially that 24 hours just over 1 week ago.
I think the Sydney Morning Herald review nails it perfectly.

BREAKING NEWS!

She just lost the medal for women's shotput.
Attachments
mason.jpg
mason.jpg (5.95 KiB) Viewed 14172 times
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:The icing on the cake was how well Team GB did.
Yes, third in golds and fourth overall. It took four or five days to get their first elusive gold but they quickly flowed soon after. Home crowds always help so the challenge will be to keep it up at Rio.
MODLAB wrote:Set List:
1. Emeli Sande – 'Read All About It (Part III)'
12. Emeli Sande – 'Read All About It (Part III) '
22. Ed Sheeran – 'Wish You Were Here' (originally by Pink Floyd)
25. Jessie J – 'Price Tag '
26. Tinie Tempah – 'Written In The Stars' (feat. Jessie J)
27. Taio Cruz – 'Dynamite'
28. Jessie J, Tinie Tempah and Taio Cruz – 'You Should Be Dancing' (originally by Bee Gees)

Perhaps I am showing my age or perhaps these people haven't made it over to America yet....but, I have no idea who they are. The 'Dynamite' song I have heard but has he done anything else or is he just another Cee Lo Green?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I used to joke to customers in my record shop when they asked me about music when I traveled to England a few times a year. I used to say a lot of it is crap six months before it is here. Thanks to the internet there is no longer that six month lag time.
Plus a lot of what comes from the US is equally as bad, if not worse.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

cee lo green is the soul machine!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

jack white wrote:cee lo green is the soul machine!
Or a one hit wonder destined to be a judge on a TV music competition?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Cartoon character
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

With such choice moments as Bob Costas saying (while competitors were walking into arena during Closing Ceremony) one has to continue with the NBC shitfest:

"Many of these teammates have become good friends and one would suspect others may have become even closer friends".

NBC also cut things out such as this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics- ... --oly.html
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

redcloud wrote:With such choice moments as Bob Costas saying (while competitors were walking into arena during Closing Ceremony) one has to continue with the NBC shitfest:

"Many of these teammates have become good friends and one would suspect others may have become even closer friends".

NBC also cut things out such as this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics- ... --oly.html

That is really really sad. Sorry that you all in the US had to endure that.

Redcloud:
Ed Sheeran – 'Wish You Were Here' (originally by Pink Floyd)

He's a young (20-1) folk singer from England. Very popular and actually I find his voice quite good.

My dad has been swearing at the coverage like no tomorrow...

B,

M
Design.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

It sucked. Big time.
At the very least Ray Davies was cut out here.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Sad to see that it seems the US coverage of the Paralympics is even worse than that of the Olympics:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/au ... NTCMP=SRCH
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Shinesalight wrote:Sad to see that it seems the US coverage of the Paralympics is even worse than that of the Olympics:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/au ... NTCMP=SRCH
Yep. Pretty bad. In fact, I don't know when they are even televising it. With the football season starting and baseball season winding up the Paralympics are criminally being forgotten about. Very sad indeed.